00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

craigfarndell just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Old User Re-Introduction Thread

67,558 Views | 616 Replies

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2021-03-02 18:48:24

I'm in that weird middle ground where I wouldn't consider my account too old or too new. I guess 2 years is something more than nothing, anyway

Hi, I'm Zar. I joined newgrounds after using it a lot when I was a kid without an account. I draw mostly, occasionally animate, but I mostly write and draw. I like drawing mostly fantasy stuff and I am very inspired by dark souls and the like, as you could probably tell. I play a lot of D&D with friends too, which probably also isn't surprising. I guess I wear my intrests more on my sleeve than I thought...

Anyway, I really like newgrounds, and I never got a chance to interact with the community because I never had thought to before. Most of you seem nice :)

What? Still Here?

BBS Signature

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2021-03-10 11:34:44

At 3/6/21 05:55 PM, PennyroyalBloom wrote: Hey, I'm Damon.

I'm a 19 year old struggling musician and beginning voice actor. I used frequent this website quite a lot back when I was around 16 years old. But now I'm older... three years older to be exact. And now I'm back. As I stated before, I am a musician and a beginning voice actor. I have a few old covers I made (two from 2020 and one from this year). However, I don't really have anything in the voice acting range in things. I guess this is because I am extremely insecure about my voice and how people may think my skills are.

I like really offensive humor and other stuff along the lines of that (A bit weird, especially when it's coming from someone whom is part of Generation Z). I used to watch a lot of NG stuff by like David Firth's Spoilsbury Toast Boy, MakoSucks' Baby Basher and even the NiN10Doh series. Despite this, I can't seem to get the courage to become an animator.

When it comes to music, I like a lot of bands, such as the following...
Nirvana, Nine Inch Nails, Melvins, Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, Alice In Chains, Ozzy Osbourne, Black Sabbath, Killing Joke, Sex Pistols, Ramones, Tenacious D, Focus, Joy Division, New Order, GG Allin, Apathy (pretty obscure), Mayhem, HIM, CKY and basically- YEAH YOU GET THE FUCKING POINT AND I'VE RAMBLED ON FOR TOO LONG I'M FUCKING SORRY OKAY?!

... lmao

If I could describe myself, I would describe myself as charismatic, occasionally enthusiastic and slightly motivated. However the downside to this is that I am severely introverted and do try and keep to myself quite a lot. I don't see a lot when it comes to my future, however I know for a fact that I wanna do something that I love doing instead of doing something that makes me miserable... like working in a call center fuck that noise am I right?

Anyway that's me, how about you?

Yeah, that's me. Posting on that account because I'm a massive fucking idiot who thought I would actually be able to put some use into that account. Turns out I wasn't really able to

BBS Signature

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2021-03-16 19:37:56

Hey,Now going back to lurking.

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2021-03-19 04:38:39

Lol, I'm glad this thread exists. Currently procrastinating work (I am in a PhD program) and revisiting the past. I used to be NG-Unit until I emailed Tom to ask for a name change, after the days where you could just do that without bothering the founder of the whole damn website. For some reason he let me put my legal name on the bullshit animations posted here in my pre-teen days (but thankfully had the mercy to change it...again).

You might have seen me posting other people's code in the BBS and asking how to make it work, or trying to fit in to the Flash Reg Lounge (hi Luis).

BBS Signature

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2021-03-19 04:55:04

At 3/19/21 04:38 AM, Hamalo wrote: Lol, I'm glad this thread exists. Currently procrastinating work (I am in a PhD program) and revisiting the past. I used to be NG-Unit until I emailed Tom to ask for a name change, after the days where you could just do that without bothering the founder of the whole damn website. For some reason he let me put my legal name on the bullshit animations posted here in my pre-teen days (but thankfully had the mercy to change it...again).

You might have seen me posting other people's code in the BBS and asking how to make it work, or trying to fit in to the Flash Reg Lounge (hi Luis).

I'm disappointed to see that my Youtube-video-exported-to-swf about subliminal messages in Stairway to Heaven is unviewable, where else are people going to get that kind of information???

BBS Signature

I didnt even realize that i joined the place in 2015, life back then is quite tough for me so zero interact pp here

Now my life getting a little better and brighter so i have more time have fun on internet than before

But time cost me a price of youth, now only 2 years remaining on my 20s before entering 30s

Wanna make more music and enjoy many cool tech stuffs as possible too

Always wish to be happy! No simp!

Please bring new me back time and wake up in 2006 or 2016? :D joking!

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2021-03-28 12:36:03

While this account is from 2018, I've been on Newgrounds far longer than that. my original account to which I've forgotten the password to, tehlozmaster444. was made 2011.

I was introduced to the site by this. https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/536052

I didn't go on Newgrounds that much cause I had school and stuff. and I wasn't really familliar with the site. But now I'm back baybeee I'm glad this site never died

BBS Signature

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2021-03-29 19:29:58

Hello Everyone.

Not sure if anyone still remembers me here.

I was pretty active on the forums for years and a mod for a bit. I even ran the much troubled NG Army haha.

(Thanks for the shirt Tom and Wade!, it's hanging in my cupboard).

I've not been around much because I now have a family with three kids and a dopey dog. Life just happened.

One moment you're shit posting in the communist club and talking to some guy on AOL, then the next you're

a watch maker trying to set up parent teacher interviews.

I still come here a lot to play games and my oldest just became old enough to make her own account.

I'm looking forward to posting a little more. I have a bunch of pictures from the old days somewhere here i might share some of, mostly old forum memes, trading cards and users. I won't post any old user photos though, doesn't seem right.

I think I still even have old animated forum signatures that I made for people. I'm not even sure what mine is at the moment.

Looking forward to my account turning 20!

A bit of an eclectic post.

R.I.P LIVECORPSE

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2021-03-29 22:48:41

I existed to people who didnt matter. I fought for the ASM to stay open...several times lol. I member chatting with LC the day he died and seeing the news reports of the event all the way up here in ohio. To say newgrounds has not had an impact in my life would be a huge lie. Its helped me throgh some tough times in my younger days. some friends i made all those years ago i still interact withe on facebook. Beem comming here since 1999 off and on.

RIP LC

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2021-03-30 17:28:21

nice to see all the <05'er's active. revird/retrograde crew rise up. this place meant so much to me growing up. glad to see it's still chugging along. thanks for everything tom.

[ woman vocalizing ] [ man speaking backwards ] last.fm

BBS Signature

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2021-03-31 21:40:05

At 2/27/21 09:04 AM, Captain-Jack wrote: 2003 isn’t that old, is it

you'll always be an old black man to me <3

Made many sprites and maps in M.U.G.E.N and joined Newgrounds 2006. Fan of Nintendo and anything Capcom, MUGEN or SEGA related.

Vestik

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2021-04-01 10:17:06

Greetings,

Sorry for the double post but thought I should introduce myself a bit more. I joined Newgrounds 2006 and then made a movie called Phoenix Wrong: No Shit which many liked.

I'm gonna start being more active because last time I was online was during 2012-2015 and then I forgot my password. I have a database in the M.U.G.E.N. wiki which is on my profile because I have made many maps and sprites in M.U.G.E.N. I like anything Nintendo, Capcom, SEGA or retro related. I have many hobbies and such but that's about it. I am left-handed.

Vestik

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2021-04-01 13:05:09

IF I have tell you who I am GTFO!

For you Old School please come visit my latest help me restore newgrounds

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2021-04-01 23:33:06

Hey. I Used to browse NG back when I was a kid, came back briefly in 2018, and am back yet again. Don't know if I'll really stick around or fall off again, but thought I'd post here. I don't really make animations, games, or even art. I'm just here to look at things, leave reviews and ratings, and maybe post in the forums. Never really did before, but better late than never. Probably for the best I didn't back then since I made this account when I was about 12 or so.

Happy to be back, though.

BBS Signature

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2021-04-03 03:46:14

h e l l o

Click here and we'll become good friends.

BBS Signature

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2021-04-03 07:09:34

Hola Compatriots! My name is Chris, but you can call my Tapathy! I've been around since 2006, this being my second account created to shed the terrible post history of a child far too young for the internet. I'm both a Security Guard, and a professional proofreader, editor and storywriter! I've lurked with sporadic posts for most of my time here, but I'm looking to become much more active in the community in the near future!

If you have any editing or writing needs, drop me a line!

BBS Signature

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2021-04-06 20:56:45

Hello I used to come here a lot and was active on the forums like in 2009. Anyway now I'm back and I'm making videos. When I get to animating something I will put it here on Newgrounds but for now I will just link one of my Youtube videos. Please check them out. You can be part of the cool first 100 club.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_OUkmGWh9w

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2021-04-07 16:51:59

Where do I get my card stamped for the 'Holy Hell Look At All These Names I Recognize!' Club?

I want to say my NG BBS glory years were in the 2004-2009 range. Was a forum mod with too many rules for most of that period. I still feel like I made a positive contribution on balance, despite wielding pseudo-power as gracelessly as a you'd expect a teenager might.

I'd totally forgotten about the Stickam chat rooms—what a memory vault that unlocked. Thank you all for sharing pictures, stories and videos! I'm now reminiscing about the first Montreal Meet I went to, many of the 'NG in IRL' moments that cropped up later in life... damn (beers with @Evark in Toronto, for example!)

This place shaped me as a writer and as someone who uses the Internet to do useful stuff in the world, no doubt. After university I worked in digital marketing for about 7 years, and have been a freelance/entrepreneur type since 2019. Currently working on building an online school for professional & workplace education.

This has been a special thread—hope everyone's well :)

Self-published fiction: Mostly Lies

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2021-04-07 20:01:25

At 4/7/21 04:51 PM, Zerok wrote: Where do I get my card stamped for the 'Holy Hell Look At All These Names I Recognize!' Club?

I want to say my NG BBS glory years were in the 2004-2009 range. Was a forum mod with too many rules for most of that period. I still feel like I made a positive contribution on balance, despite wielding pseudo-power as gracelessly as a you'd expect a teenager might.

I'd totally forgotten about the Stickam chat rooms—what a memory vault that unlocked. Thank you all for sharing pictures, stories and videos! I'm now reminiscing about the first Montreal Meet I went to, many of the 'NG in IRL' moments that cropped up later in life... damn (beers with @Evark in Toronto, for example!)

This place shaped me as a writer and as someone who uses the Internet to do useful stuff in the world, no doubt. After university I worked in digital marketing for about 7 years, and have been a freelance/entrepreneur type since 2019. Currently working on building an online school for professional & workplace education.

Jesus Christ I'd forgotten you existed. I wonder how many times you banned me. I think it was a lot.

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2021-04-07 21:06:08

At 4/7/21 04:51 PM, Zerok wrote: I'd totally forgotten about the Stickam chat rooms—what a memory vault that unlocked. Thank you all for sharing pictures, stories and videos! I'm now reminiscing about the first Montreal Meet I went to, many of the 'NG in IRL' moments that cropped up later in life... damn (beers with @Evark in Toronto, for example!)

Facebook reminded me we've been friends for 13 years not that long ago. I only got roped into fb because that's where all the pics for the 2008 meetup were posted. It was around this time of year if I remember. March or April. Glad to see you pop in here!

¥ ♡ ¥ BBS, Review and Chat Mod - PM for help or to snitch! ¥ ♡ ¥

¥ ♡ ¥ Sig pic by Pingu ¥ ♡ ¥

BBS Signature

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2021-04-09 08:35:34

Whew boy this is wild.

I was never active on the forums but I did spend a lot of time lurking around Newgrounds. What a trip it's been reliving some of that. Really enjoying reading the super cringe reviews I left on stuff. Glad to see not much has changed and it's just as degenerate as ever. Y'all are the salt of the earth here.

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2021-04-09 20:54:53

At 4/7/21 04:51 PM, Zerok wrote: Where do I get my card stamped for the 'Holy Hell Look At All These Names I Recognize!' Club?

Never forget PalTalk :')

[ woman vocalizing ] [ man speaking backwards ] last.fm

BBS Signature

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2021-04-12 02:27:19

Hello, I'm Floorboard! I've been on newground since around 2007 or so either as a lurker or on various different accounts. I found my way here as a shitty flash animator, but now I make music, and I leave it at that! Nice to finally actually introduce myself hahaha.

Check out my new EP on Spotify or YouTube!

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2021-04-13 02:34:22

Aight, buckle up. This about to be a text wall. I'll try to keep it interesting.

My name's Adrean. Some of you might better recognize me as the asshole who created the @TomFuIp account on her seventh birthday, started a Newgrounds shutdown hoax that lasted from 2002 to 2003, and went back to doing whatever else seven year old children have no business doing on the internet.

Newgrounds simulator by @Afro-Ninja was the tipping point before I got around to creating this one, Andrea364, Sep. 6, 2006. I chose 364 as it was easy to type; @Andrea already existed.

My first order of business was to spam general, try to join the EGB, get rejected immediately, and be told there were no girls on the internet. I eventually worked hard enough to scrape into the NGPD/EGB.

Looking back, I was a meme. A holiday observance by the Kitty Krew of "Andrea364 Day" was celebrated in my honor, which when googled returns with flash that now sadly bugs out in the Ruffle player. If you're wondering why, I was a spammy self-absorbed little shit.

By 2007 I was a longtime trawler of the audio portal, smitten with the usual X9, though I also distinctly remember @cheshyre, @Psybot, and @dj-ene. I regularly filled my 235 mb mp3 player with discographies of @Lashmush and a trove of other artists to sneak a listen on the school bus and at recess -- @cwn before their catalog mysteriously disappeared, @LaForge now @Ultramartyr, @bad-man-incorporated -- back when audio ratings were out of 10 and movies had three categories to score. These artists inspired me to start animating, which I was awful at. Others, to find a DAW and start posting my own music here.

Most of my old catalog is gone; I thought it would be a great idea to use punkomatic and other internet song generators to get a leg up. Can't sound like shit if the whole composition is premade (I'm looking at you, cymatics packs) right? Wrong. Not only was it terrible, like most of my early work, I remember at some point getting them unceremoniously yeeted before finally straightening up and... making music using only loops that was also removed.

In 2008, I posted an angsty teenage rock song to the wrong genre was called "Death and the Blue," which no longer exists. It received not only the most attention I think any of my songs has ever gotten, 50k plays, but also the appropriate amount of reviews flaming me for lying about playing any of the instruments involved and... interestingly attracted thousands of unique visits from China to the website Dad and I used to run, weirdly containing just a polaroid of my three year old self playing with a Commodore 64 and the mp3 itself, which had to be refreshed to play again.

That same year I got so mad at the people flaming me for cheating at music, I convinced my dad to buy me an even shittier version of the Squier strat, the Sams Club budget Starcaster, and made this piece of crap:

Angsty boi hours. Super depresso. Need an espresso.

This limbo state of low quality beatz lasted some time. Though I became less active, I never stopped working on music, cutting bootlegs of popular songs into my own mashups, inspired by an RL bandmate known as swooshycueb on Last.fm and a whole lot of music by t.a.t.u, which I still remix. I don't have the project files from that era after several computer explosions, but I remember them well enough that I might revisit some of those old ideas for nostalgia's sake.

From 2009 to 2014 I had all but disappeared from Newgrounds. Oh, and I forgot to mention so did my ex-boyfriends, who I found the time to date through the PM system. Wonder where they are today.

I came back in the middle of college as a cocky, flamboyantly trans music major, made more shitty music, oodles, until finally I got tired of running a trial version of my software. To submit a work, I had to take my projects and render all track output to wav, then cram it all on top of itself and pray it didn't sound like shit, render to wav, and render the wav to mp3 in audacity, all while enduring the "buy now" audio every fourth time I hit the play button. Fun times.

One day I decided to hack my software and made a tutorial on YT, which got me in hot water with the developers, but ended up with me scoring a free copy because they were actually really nice guys. That's when I made my big break.

Over the next years, Geometry Dash happened. I watched the portal I came to know and love flooded with stolen crap and trash memes. Initially I was interested in GD, as it seemed like a great way to get discovered as an indie artist, but I soon found the GD community wasn't interested in exploring our community. They wanted their Skrillex and OMFG - Hello, and they wanted it now.

So I started volunteering in the Audio Portal cleanup thread, writing flag guides, and supporting the efforts of prominent AP members at the time @RealFaction and @Troisnyx, my friends, to fight the deluge of threats to the portal and abuse of our rights as creators. Even @Xtrullor was onboard as the GD community became more combatant.

Through Troisnyx's petition and subsequent DMCAs, the game was temporarily taken down off Steam, which was enough to get RobTop's attention that something needed to be done -- implementing a whitelist on his end and fixing things on the backend with the GD API.

Over the course of all that, I was nominated to become an audio moderator, and I accepted. I'm far from the most active of the lot, but my specialty is foreign language thefts, particularly Russian and a little Spanish. Meantime I made friends with @LexRodent, rejoined the EGB maintained by @byteslinger, and have had numerous Politics forums spats about SOPA and PIPA, as well as judged competitions such as the NG Audio Deathmatch and Art Inspired Music on more than one occasion, making it a point to leave reviews on most if not all the tracks I encountered. Through that I was on and off through the forums, as college allowed.

My father passed May 14, 2016, a week after graduation. During this time, my music became my primary focus. I picked up new VSTs, and threw myself into figuring out what was what.

A year later, remember that first shitty rock song I made? I turned it into this.

It hit the front page. Blew my freaking mind.

Since then I've had my works featured in various playlists, series such as @RealFaction's Venturescape and @Jozarto's UDB, as well as @DextaGethood's Fashion Police, a few indie games not here on Newgrounds, and lots more I'm sure I've missed over the years. As far as I know NG doesn't notify you if someone hasn't added you to the project credits and has just sourced your song.

My primary genre has roved from metal, to EDM, to hiphop, to synthwave and now encompasses film score. Since joining the military and taking on foreign language, I now make music in Russian and English, which you can find on my YouTube, and I plan to step up my collab game at some point.

Long story short, I've been on and off for 15 years or so, and I got plans to stay. It's been a long ride, and I got love for all of you here.

Shoutout to @TailsPrower, @Peregrinus, @Fro, @LJCoffee for scouting me, @Rusecue, @SevenOnAStick, @Little-Rena, @SethScrotum, @The-Great-One for being a day older on NG years, @Sectus, @iscrulz, @BlueHippo, @kiwi -- I totally had a crush on you lmao, wondered where you went, @VicariousE, @Vestik -- Phoenix Wrong was lit, and last but not least @Ramagi.

Pepperidge farm remembers :)

Your source for monthly music producer freebies here // Take My Cymbals // ALL my big sample projects, FREE

I do professional audio critique & commissions. Catch me on YT and X! If you got music, I'll playlist you!

BBS Signature

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2021-04-13 13:35:37

Appreciated my guy! Glad you enjoyed it.

Vestik

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2021-04-18 15:21:17

hello! i'm judg3, i like to compose and draw sometimes, and i love roguelikes! i'm always glad to offer feedback on things, from your game to your drawing!

i'm usually active on twitter but i'm gonna try and branch out to NG too, so don't be afraid to approach me!

cool robot girl coming thru

BBS Signature

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2021-04-20 04:30:20

FloppyPankakez, formerly known as nicsieck, ive used newgrounds since i was little but i really only wanted to play the games, i saw the art but i was too young to understand any of it. and after unnamed recent events on the site (WEEK 7 FNF) i thought it would be nice to come back and start using what was one of my favorite sites. Glad to be home.

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2021-04-21 11:06:56

At 8/15/20 07:59 AM, TomFulp wrote: @Susanowoo suggested that we create an OLD User Introduction thread, for old accounts that have never introduced themselves or have just returned to NG after years of absence. I've seen a good number of returning visitors in recent years so this sounds like a fun idea.

If you're an old user who has been lurking, this thread is your opportunity to let yourself be known!

Was introduced to this place like, years ago. Exploring newgrounds' funny mario bloopers. Finally got an account in 2017, and started using it in 2020. I don't know whether I fall into the old user category, but I've been here quite a bit.

Thanks, Friday Night Funkin' Newgrounds Game for reintroducing me into Newgrounds 👍

Have a super mario day :)

BBS Signature

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2021-04-21 23:06:02

Hey I'm Steve and my back hurts now

BBS Signature