00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Welput just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Old User Re-Introduction Thread

67,580 Views | 616 Replies

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2022-06-17 05:00:15

Hello there! While my account isn't as old as many of the ones in this thread, I have returned from a four-year long Newgrounds Hiatus. I originally left as I was starting to become embarrassed of my online footprint, however I've come back now that enough time has passed for me to become nostalgic for that era in my life. Not to mention Newgrounds just happens to be a really great place for artists to post their content, in a way I don't think other platforms can replicate. Newgrounds looks and feels a bit different from what it was when I left but It's great to be back. Nice to meet you all!

BBS Signature

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2022-06-18 23:12:22

Hello. When I’m bored I ruin the server by spilling beer on it. I also worked at newgrounds for a brief bit. I love learning about new and old people and what brings them to this crazy place.

None

BBS Signature

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2022-06-21 22:53:20

I'm a random lurker who used to go by a different name Mastersarge. I shed the old name and restructured things to shed my old cringe self and decided to hop on again because why not. Making a Visual Novel game based off of a shitpost game based off of Goodbye Volcano High and I decided to come back here to revisit the love of my teenage years. I actually hung around before I made an account back in 2007. I did basically nothing with it. Wasn't in a good mental state growing up and its surprisingly the past few years that I've decided to take initiative in shit.

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2022-06-22 14:12:46

i think i made my account back in 2010 because i went "oh my god, a website for animations and games?!?! SO cool!" and then i just never touched it again LMAO

i got back into it i think late 2019? i just mass uploaded my art so the stuff that mostly represented me was there

anyway hi i'm SKL. i'm autistic as fuck and i like to draw. i've also been finally learning how to animate in flash. i work on a shitload of things, but i'm specifically known for my work on KFAD1 (geno's portrait) & KFAD2 (papyrus' stock icon, writing for papyrus), TS!Underswap (art+writing), and voicing FNF D-Sides girlfriend. my main personality trait is undertale but i am currently hyperfixating on eddsworld

yippie !!!

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2022-06-23 23:18:07

At 6/18/22 11:12 PM, Luis wrote: Hello. When I’m bored I ruin the server by spilling beer on it. I also worked at newgrounds for a brief bit. I love learning about new and old people and what brings them to this crazy place.

Sorry who are you? F you. You're not a legend who helped keep this place alive, surely. You aren't one of the best animators of the early 00's, surely. You must be just another lowly FBF n00b. Gtfo loser. You can't be one of the legends, surely.

"It's sad. All these kids have to do school at home. Homeschooling. How long until a teacher fucks one of her students?" - Mark Normand

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2022-06-24 00:16:28

At 6/23/22 11:18 PM, numbers wrote:
At 6/18/22 11:12 PM, Luis wrote: Hello. When I’m bored I ruin the server by spilling beer on it. I also worked at newgrounds for a brief bit. I love learning about new and old people and what brings them to this crazy place.
Sorry who are you? F you. You're not a legend who helped keep this place alive, surely. You aren't one of the best animators of the early 00's, surely. You must be just another lowly FBF n00b. Gtfo loser. You can't be one of the legends, surely.

Aw Luis don't give me that crying emoji even though I know you know I'm kidding it's like :((

"It's sad. All these kids have to do school at home. Homeschooling. How long until a teacher fucks one of her students?" - Mark Normand

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2022-06-24 00:17:58

At 6/24/22 12:16 AM, numbers wrote:
Aw Luis don't give me that crying emoji even though I know you know I'm kidding it's like :((

BY THE WAY CAN ANYBODY APPRECIATE THE FACT THAT LUIS IS STILL HERE AFTER ALL THE TIME TRIALS AND SHIT HE'S DONE FOR THIS PLACE LIKE HOLY FUCK ARE ALL OF YOU BRAIN DEAD

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2022-06-26 05:58:34

At 6/24/22 12:17 AM, numbers wrote:
At 6/24/22 12:16 AM, numbers wrote:
BY THE WAY CAN ANYBODY APPRECIATE THE FACT THAT LUIS IS STILL HERE AFTER ALL THE TIME TRIALS AND SHIT HE'S DONE FOR THIS PLACE LIKE HOLY FUCK ARE ALL OF YOU BRAIN DEAD

i like luid

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2022-06-26 13:25:48

shit i was 11 when i signed up, been off for forever i think ive visited like once or twice again out of nostalgia. spent my middle school days posting bullshit on here

till we overdose

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2022-06-30 11:42:40

Guess I'll come out of the woodwork to come crash into this bitch of a thread. Yada yada work and college and shit, who cares? I wanna know what's going on with you other old-ass degenerates! Start any fires lately? Gaslight an elderly couple into thinking you're their kid? I bet someone tripped and busted their teeth out, now they're using candy corn for replacements cause they can't afford the goddamn extortionary prices of dental. Come on, tell me what kind of chaos y'all have been making! And maybe I'll reciprocate, if I remember or feel like it, heehee.

Bringing back old shit.

BBS Signature

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2022-07-02 07:48:06

22 years later.

Everything's changed. Nothings changed.

Inactive the overwhelming majority of the last decade. But thats life. Started the account as a dumb teenager in a pre-9/11 world. Still check in periodically. Reminder the past was real, ya know?

It's been a ride. Until next time.

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2022-07-09 20:52:05

At 7/2/22 07:48 AM, Cyprus wrote: 22 years later.

Everything's changed. Nothings changed.

Inactive the overwhelming majority of the last decade. But thats life. Started the account as a dumb teenager in a pre-9/11 world. Still check in periodically. Reminder the past was real, ya know?

It's been a ride. Until next time.

Respect, Monica. It's like... There's all these new faces, but they're old. And these old faces are new, like the coming of Christ. It just doesn't make sense. "Everything's changed - nothing's changed."

Damn that's like a REM song. "I've said it all, I haven't said enough." Holy dear god you just blew my mind.

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2022-07-15 11:51:57

Old user, how many years many, lurking all the time, but music producing is my thing. I use Newgrounds as my dump and stop by for other stuff occasionally.

Sednova Nova

BBS Signature

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2022-07-23 09:38:32

Helo I’m Brwinpa… wait no, wrong script I’m sorry can we start over? Ahem…

Helo I’m V1ZION. I was known as BrwGD up until my birthday last year when I decided to change my name because I hated my old one. BrwGD came from my old name Brwinpa which was my username for stuff from 2011 up until 2021 when I finally changed it. TEN YEARS HOLY CRAP.

I make music which I officially started to do last year in 2021. Don’t look at my two piano covers from 2020 those are just there for some reason don’t ask why. I wouldn’t say I’m really good at making music but I will say I’m getting better at it. In case you don’t know, I use the inferior app GarageBand on an iPad. Look, you don’t need to fix what doesn’t need fixing; I’m fine with what I have.

That’s about it basically. Also, now I know this is the website where some degenerates reside, and because of this, there’s a chance I’m probably going to be one PLEASE HELP ME WHY DID I COME HERE??????

I help you see things.

BBS Signature

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2022-07-28 16:25:03

i am old and fat and out of shape

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2022-07-30 17:28:55

Hey Newgrounders, I am NanoSoft or Nano for short. This is the original place that taught me about the world of Flash, and by extension sprite animation, which means alot to me. I'm not as good as other sprite animators out there, but in spite of that, I like to think I got a unique flavor in sprite animation that makes it still worth making new sprite animations. When everything goes smoothly, I enjoy making sprite animations, takes me back to a certain era, and am almost done with my current project which is my most ambitious sprite animation so when it drops, hopefully it will impress, considering it impressed me I'm so close to finishing a project of this scope, technically it is one animation, but it is the conclusion to my series Megaman X vs. Zombies that's been ongoing since 2011 so hopefully this will send off the series on a great note! ^_^

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2022-08-16 23:10:58

oh newgrounds… old memories of formative years spent on here doing stupid shit and Luis randomly coming to Ohio. Those were the days.

Formerly Travis… yeah that one (I’m bored)

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2022-08-18 16:22:13

hi, call me GreatFunk.

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2022-08-18 20:52:45

At 8/16/22 11:10 PM, Nu-Travisty wrote: oh newgrounds… old memories of formative years spent on here doing stupid shit and Luis randomly coming to Ohio. Those were the days.

I threw away all those snow snow for lucy dvds you sent me.

Hi guys I'm returning after 8 years. I joined at first to play Henry stickmans fleeing the complex because it was a NG exclusive. I remembered newgrounds the other day and decided to come along to do some drawing and hopefully be able to learn to make some beats and all that. It's nice to meet you newgrounds after 8 years. I also have an old minecraft Pfp when minecraft was at its peak and yes it was cringy to be a minecraft kid

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2022-08-18 22:29:23

At 8/18/22 08:52 PM, Ryan wrote:
At 8/16/22 11:10 PM, Nu-Travisty wrote: oh newgrounds… old memories of formative years spent on here doing stupid shit and Luis randomly coming to Ohio. Those were the days.
I threw away all those snow snow for lucy dvds you sent me.

did I draw you for one of the NG secret Santas? I literally don’t remember that, but that sounds like some stupid shit I’d do.

I don’t know how, but I came across Jay Plays on YouTube the other day and your shit talking on Cathode Raybots. Fucking lolz.

Hows life

Formerly Travis… yeah that one (I’m bored)

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2022-08-19 13:39:15

Call me Switzrr! Technically this is my new account, and up until now I browsed on my old account from 2017, so I'll post in both this thread and the "new users" thread as well.

I would go outside and touch grass, but unfortunately there's an obstacle known as

BBS Signature

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2022-08-24 01:39:31

Hard to believe its been 12 years but heyo

Follow me here: http://valor56.newgrounds.com/follo w You teach me and I'll teach you

Pokémon

BBS Signature

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2022-09-01 17:17:57

Heya, people of Newgroundz.

I'm Ricardo, but you can call me Rick. I go by the pennames of icegodlike77, or AsterAnon if you go to the cesspit that is 4chan (mostly on /funkg/), and I chose the first name because, at the time when I was a cringy horny attention-seeking teen, I wanted to look cool and edgy, just like my previous deleted account named Ric20 The Fire God. But I digress, what I want to really say is this: I grew up with Flash games and animations. I went almost everywhere on the interwebz to play Sonic and Mario games on Miniclip and watch animations of those said characters on Youtube and, of course, on Newgrounds. Back then, in the time frame of mid to late 2000s and early 2010s, the internet was a wild west compared to the industrialized, corporate-governed and soulless net in which we live today. But Newgrounds was a unique, edgy but yet fun shining light on the end of the tunnel, where I could play Flash games, hear music, watch Flash animations that were too violent or dirty that my pre-teen mind could not understand (maybe cuz English wasn't my main language ^^;) and basically be who we wanted to be. Then I started turning to other games and media, like Minecraft and Call of Duty when it was cool and original, then on Youtube because of YTP's, MLG montage parodies, then on Twitter, which I recently started to use less. I sometimes visited Newgrounds cuz of some images, but then, the Funkining happend in 2020. Friday Night Funkin' was the game that reignited the flame that was trapped in my child-self deep inside me. I started to play it, I loved it, though it was hard at first. Then I rediscovered many of my childhood games, so I got hooked. I gained a new artstyle on my drawings. Now that I'm done with high school, I also been trying to relearn how to animate in a manner that is captivating and that nostalgically encapsulates those epic cartoons I saw as a kid on the internet. I only recently started this account because I had and still have anxiety and fears to still overcome. I love how the community is so welcoming and helpful, how they joke and act, how they are really good... Man, it's a really big marvel to witness. Thank you, Tom, for preserving not only my favorite games and cartoons, but also a big chunk of my childhood. I'm here to stay for a loooooong while, so buckle up, kiddo. You ain't seen the last of good ol' Ricky the Broken Brow! This will be a small step for me, but a giant leap for my love, the work that I love and my career.

Hope you could read through all this long talk, I really can't shorten it, I'm just so happy since I started this account. ^^;

Anyways that's all for now, I'll see you guys soon. 'Til then, Tankheads!

SIncerely,

Ricardo

(this is an old drawing btw, have more updated drawings on my account)

iu_741130_10308661.png

In nights I try myself to soot, But the memories and traumas pierce; my chest and head like a spear so fierce; hits so hard in my soul, down to the root.

BBS Signature

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2022-09-11 17:48:20

the crown virus

NESticle Now!

BBS Signature

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2022-09-12 07:09:25

helloooo

im arbel amram aka isaac tumor

based in israel , 25 yo next month :)

im a music producer, sound designer, mix and master engineer -signed with record label "beatsupply"

ive grown on NG while being a kiddo and searching for intrestesting flash games to play (back in the days when routers would make crazy noise and u had like max 1 mb of bandwidth hahahha)

after few years when i start making music back in 2012 ive came across NG again while searching for some dev teams to join... and feel inlove with this site again as an artist :) and i wasnt really communicative because my english wasnt that good

after finnishing my army service i went in to a full in mood of making my music a career... and pretty fast i understood how this industry is making me sick, i dont get to work with anyone that want to make art, only people who want art careers.

one day of being super frustrated ive wondered if the super cool NG competitions was still on because they always had me diving intro really creative stuff, and for my surprise it was still on, 7 years after!

soo ive jumped in the pool again, and this time trying to be more connected to the community... joining the discord servers

and taking port of conversation about *MUSIC and ART* and not about "content" , and i am enjoying tthis accepting and loving vibe of this amazing community!!!

thank u all for making all of this happen♥

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2022-09-20 22:04:49

Hi everyone, I was formally a different user who came back here. I was around and active a bit before the 2018 Tumblr exodus. I won't say who I am but those who can recognize my old character can. Anyways, It's good to be back around!

BBS Signature

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2022-09-24 15:34:15

I'm Storm! I first started uploading here a few years ago, but stopped after awhile. I started back up again this year due to all the art site stuff happening. I don't really know my way around here, so I'm still confused by this site

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2022-09-24 21:54:54

Heyyy, I'm Eni or N! I'm a digital artist/animator and I like to draw fuzzy animals, monsters and fantastical characters. I was a long time lurker and I completely forgot that I made a newgrounds account in 2014 lmaooo. I was in college and too busy at the time, but I finally took the time to revisit and come back this year. I hope to be able to share some neat arts and put this gallery to use.

Response to Old User Re-Introduction Thread 2022-10-04 15:16:58

Hey guys. Haven't checked in here in a bit. Started submitting my art I made while I was gone so be on the lookout for that! As you can see, I've been around here for a bit :P