00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

pixiesweetheart7 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Horrorverse Fan Club

26,501 Views | 399 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2023-10-28 21:58:26

At 12/6/18 12:29 AM, JasonToddVoorhees wrote: Talk and discuss about any and all thing horror related! Let out your inner horror geek!

So I don't know if this counts, but I was and still am a big creepypasta fan, though I know it's kinda died down over the years, but I still wanted to have a go at making my own, and if anyone wants to, I can maybe share a few I have written down, and I'm open for honest reviews on them.

- Fancy Jack

BBS Signature

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2023-10-29 17:27:40 (edited 2023-10-29 17:30:09)

At 10/28/23 06:34 PM, Thetageist wrote: Ah yes, Tubular Bells! That opening section is a really good pick for the movie. Have you ever heard the rest of it?

Been a while I unbuttoned the classic soundtracks, I should fix that. Have quite a few on the old physical media - vinyls or even tapes. There's something different on taking the vinyl and then sitting middle of the dark room taken away by the sounds.

One of the soundtracks I like, but is not perhaps from horror film not sure if it classifies as is, but from Bram Stokers Dracula 1992. It is gloomy and dark rivaling Omen and other classic soundtracks with the atmosphere. original Omen theme on its own is special. But for example BSO Dracula. Track 6- The Storm is pretty solid example of why I like the soundtrack.

Ehehe collecting soundtracks used to be my hobby, up until it all went digital and I lost interest. I still buy soundtracks I like when they come on something I can hold in my hands.

And talking about silent Phantom of the opera, they made it a full orchestral soundtrack for some anniversary showing in modern cinemas - It's quite nice, but maybe a bit too 'heavy' for my senses for every day listening.

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2023-10-30 21:08:06

Has anyone did a 31 days of horror this year?

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2023-11-02 02:22:27

I've seen Five Nights at Freddy's movie and it's a solid 8/10 for me! Would be a higher score IF there was more body counts but sadly that PG-13 really threw that out for me! But overall it's entertaining!

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2023-11-16 11:05:05

Over on my Letterbox page, I did the 100 Horror Films In 92 Days challenge that is done by Sarah Stubbs. It looked like fun and something that I would have done anyway. Used it to knock off some films from my watchlist. I got to see some great films and some that were utter shit. I'm going to be putting this list into a ranking from best to worst.

Winterskin (2018)

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Sharksploitation

The Dentists

Sleepaway Camp

The Curse of Kazuo Umezu

Magic Cop

Mom (1990)

The Funhouse Massacre

Brooklyn 45

Strange Behavior

Hercules in the Haunted World

Satan Place: A Soap Opera from Hell

The Cat Creeps (1946)

Whistle and I’ll Come to You (2010)

Hell House LLC: The Director’s Cut

Suddenly in the Dark

Dark Harvest (2023)

Older Gods

Chandu The Magician

Painted in Blood

Dead Girl Walking (2004)

American Gothic (1987)

Cthulhu Mansion (1992)

Moonstalker

The Unborn

In Search Of Dracula

The Runestone (1991)

Ghosts Of Hanley House

Batman: The Doom That Came To Gotham

Nightmare At Noon

Hell House LLC III: Lake of Fire

Two On A Guillotine

Curse Of The Blue Lights

Goblin (2020)

Monster of Frankenstein (1981)

Hell House LLC II: The Abaddon Hotel

Bloodlust!(1962)

Drainiac! (2000)

Visitor from the Grave (1980)

Nightmare (1974)

Maniac (1934)

Blood Surf

Watchers 2

The Ravaged House: Zoroku’s Disease

Grim (1996)

Mammoth

Playroom (1990)

The Son Of Dr. Jekyll(1951)

Watchers 3

Sea Beast(2003)

The Terror Within

The Beach Girls and The Monster

Seizure

Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street (1936)

The Monster Maker

Watchers Reborn

The Witches Mountain

Tales Of Dracula

Alien Lockdown

Larva (2005)

The Meg 2: The Trench

Vacations of Terror

Auntie Lee’s Meat Pies

Legend of Dinosaurs and Monster Birds

Blood Freak

Berserker

Face Of Terror

The Bubble

The Deep House

Shrieker

V/H/S 85

11th Hour Cleaning

The Mummy Resurrection

Elevator Game

The Sleeping Room

Tarantulas: The Deadly Cargo

The Phantom (1931)

The Naked Witch

HorrorVision

House Of The Dammed (1963)

Face Of The Screaming Werewolf

The Legend Of Sleepy Hollow (1980)

Xtro 2: The Second Encounter

Alien Predators

The Stairs (2021)

Totem

The Rise of The Beast

Don't Say Its Name

The Crying Dead

Monstroid (1980)

The Ghosts Of Monday

The Bride and The Beast

The Fearway

The Wendigo (2022)

Sawney: Flesh of Man (2012)

The Devil's Warehouse

Hatched

The Ones You Didn't Burn

The Man with the Power (1978)

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2023-11-18 05:53:16

When they at Hulu manage to make horror 'reboot' so tame that it look like Disney princess edition. Yup I just run across this phenomena, when friend visiting me found from my free-for-watching list new Hellraiser film (2022) and put it play against my say-so. So I sat next to friend and we gave it a watch.

Not only trailer did show kind-of-all "horror"/CGI part the film had (least trailer my ISP had attached to it), it had less horror in it than my evening news daily have, and my daily news at times even blurs the scary parts. But lately they do not.

While it had its moments, likeable protagonist and some cool effects, I wanted the money back and I didn't even pay anything for it (it's not separate streaming services, its my ISPs free to view film list). It has been a while I have been as disappointed and I wasn't even expecting anything. Hulu/Disney should never-ever try to reboot any horror franchises again as it takes very special skill to take any horror and mystery out of horror/mystery franchise and give it a title of one.

Otherwise did look (again) all the Conjuring films they offered the same and had a lot more fun.

Noticed my ISP has started to add less superhero/marvel films and more horror, so I have quite a list to skim trough for the darker nights.

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2023-11-20 12:00:34

Did some gore art inspired by the PETA Pokémon game. Why did I make this? I don’t know.

iu_1117212_6994006.png

Someone please help me revive my clubs

BBS Signature

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2023-12-14 11:17:30

BBS Signature

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2023-12-16 09:27:49

At 11/20/23 12:00 PM, Thetageist wrote: Did some gore art inspired by the PETA Pokémon game. Why did I make this? I don’t know.
https://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/thetageist/hot-tub-of-blood-i-mean-love

Niiiice! Haha keep up the horror!

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2023-12-16 09:53:05

I am not obsessed. I am totally NOT obsessed. How many times you can buy same film on blu-ray? Many times apparently. This made me think - does anyone here even use physical media anymore or am I like just someone, who fell flat on ground head 1st?

I feel that with modern streaming and never-know when things get removed or edited due "modern reasons" - its good to have something you can hold and watch without interference or whim of someone else. Horror films in particular may fall into 'not acceptable' levels in places. Although having 1980s horror upgraded to 2023 viewing standards is also great.

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2023-12-18 09:25:53 (edited 2023-12-18 09:26:14)

At 12/16/23 09:53 AM, Tenebrare wrote: I am not obsessed. I am totally NOT obsessed. How many times you can buy same film on blu-ray? Many times apparently. This made me think - does anyone here even use physical media anymore or am I like just someone, who fell flat on ground head 1st?

I feel that with modern streaming and never-know when things get removed or edited due "modern reasons" - its good to have something you can hold and watch without interference or whim of someone else. Horror films in particular may fall into 'not acceptable' levels in places. Although having 1980s horror upgraded to 2023 viewing standards is also great.

I've watched Friday the 13th waaaay to much mostly Part 6/7 and Part 2-4 as well LOL I am obsessed.

I love Halloween and have watched the Original/Part 2 more than ANY of the future films and now I'll be watching Halloween 2018-Halloween Ends the same way!

Trust me I am a horror junkie! :)

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2023-12-24 13:43:46

Dunno how many of you like TF2 SFM, but a game recently came to my attention that perfectly harmonizes 2000s-era “haunted video game” creepypasta gameplay with SFM shitpost style cutscenes. You can never be sure if the true nature of the world you’re trapped in is silly or sinister, but the one certainty is that your enemies will be memorable.

Do you dare try to Capture the Intelligence?

BBS Signature

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2024-01-08 05:21:40 (edited 2024-01-08 05:22:42)

Did watch Hellraiser: Hellseeker - not only had 2022's remake copied a lot from this, then kind of any and the few good moments 2022's film had are like direct copies from this one.

That unknown umpteenth sequel was in my opinion kind of ... a bit better than 2nd one and after seeing this film I was left surprised why this one has got so much hate from fans or has had so little attention. Also better film than anything from Marvels franchise (especially compared to the mega flop we had last year from that) and we cannot even compare any of the budget. Can you imagine a low budget (I presume it was low) film from what... 20 years ago (?)have better CGI than modern Marvels. Yup. This is one of such cases.

I am never going to understand mainstream pop-culture or what (or more like why) is viral and popular and what is not.

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2024-01-08 07:48:18

At 1/8/24 05:21 AM, Tenebrare wrote: I am never going to understand mainstream pop-culture or what (or more like why) is viral and popular and what is not.

It’s always some kind of lowest-common denominator appeal, such as escapism, flashiness, slapstick/reaction humor, and/or lust. Often a mixture. Not everything with these is bad per se, there are ways to still make quality content even with a healthy dose of one of these, but even crappy things that get popular do so because of that.

BBS Signature

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2024-01-08 09:49:56 (edited 2024-01-08 09:51:14)

At 1/8/24 07:48 AM, Thetageist wrote:
At 1/8/24 05:21 AM, Tenebrare wrote: I am never going to understand mainstream pop-culture or what (or more like why) is viral and popular and what is not.
It’s always some kind of lowest-common denominator appeal, such as escapism, flashiness, slapstick/reaction humor, and/or lust. Often a mixture. Not everything with these is bad per se, there are ways to still make quality content even with a healthy dose of one of these, but even crappy things that get popular do so because of that.

I made account in Tiktok, and since I had not done anything it offered me some the popular things - I do not produce as much fertilizer in outhouse as that front page which had videos with 100 000 likes or more. Bots or brain death, who knows. Some dude didn't like a crying baby in a plane- 40k likes... booooooring.

In this light I think it is not as much about escapism and such anymore, but more about need to belong or feel to be correct and have socially acceptable opinion - even when its just about something subjective like art and entertainment. Back on days we had magazines say what you should like and who was good looking, now you have social media for this. I see even in NG. where people instead posting own opinions post someones opinion from social media as if poster has none of their own. A film or series is good if a (paid to say so) YTr says it is a good thing.

We see this from film makers too - instead admitting own fault, there's trend to blame audience now. Why didn't someone want to see some low-key trash ? YOU BAD! A piece of media is good or bad because someone for eternal reasons said so. Welcome to herd mentality.

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2024-01-08 12:53:02

At 1/8/24 09:49 AM, Tenebrare wrote:
At 1/8/24 07:48 AM, Thetageist wrote:
I made account in Tiktok, and since I had not done anything it offered me some the popular things - I do not produce as much fertilizer in outhouse as that front page which had videos with 100 000 likes or more. Bots or brain death, who knows. Some dude didn't like a crying baby in a plane- 40k likes... booooooring.

In this light I think it is not as much about escapism and such anymore, but more about need to belong or feel to be correct and have socially acceptable opinion - even when its just about something subjective like art and entertainment. Back on days we had magazines say what you should like and who was good looking, now you have social media for this. I see even in NG. where people instead posting own opinions post someones opinion from social media as if poster has none of their own. A film or series is good if a (paid to say so) YTr says it is a good thing.

We see this from film makers too - instead admitting own fault, there's trend to blame audience now. Why didn't someone want to see some low-key trash ? YOU BAD! A piece of media is good or bad because someone for eternal reasons said so. Welcome to herd mentality.

In some ways, at least for longer media, a lot of these opinions can be explained by not actually having seen all the things that they’re stating opinions about. In this day and age we’re expected to know and have an opinion about everything, it’s taken as an insult if you say “I’d rather dedicate my time to other things”. So we just fake it until we make it, either under the direct pressure of other people or the indirect pressure of feeling like we have to contribute.

Hell, I don’t have the spare time to play through all the games I’ve found interesting, let alone experience all the media in all formats that people have recommended me. In the end, though, I’m self-aware about it and not afraid to say something like “I don’t know shit about it but it looks cool.” Other people may not be, because acting like an expert is praised in our society, so they parrot other “experts” because they want to be perceived as one themselves. It’s a result of collective insecurity and unwillingness to admit to not knowing everything everyone else does.

And then that’s why politics is like what it is today.

BBS Signature

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2024-01-17 08:09:15

Does anyone have a comic, a story, or an art style they're willing to lend a hand with? This guy wants to publish horror comics from Newgrounds!

https://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1530747

Details, including all the legal stuff, are in that post!

BBS Signature

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2024-01-17 10:34:02

At 1/17/24 08:09 AM, Thetageist wrote: Does anyone have a comic, a story, or an art style they're willing to lend a hand with? This guy wants to publish horror comics from Newgrounds!
https://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1530747
Details, including all the legal stuff, are in that post!

Wow! Thanks for sharing!

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2024-01-31 20:09:36

At 12/14/23 11:17 AM, Thetageist wrote: Psst. You like Pokémon?
[Gore Warning] The Pokémon Mystery Meat Collab!

Figured I’d send an update to this place:

We’re working on making a spoofy horror game or two to showcase the entries. >:D

BBS Signature

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2024-02-04 13:39:46

At 1/31/24 08:09 PM, Thetageist wrote:
At 12/14/23 11:17 AM, Thetageist wrote: Psst. You like Pokémon?
[Gore Warning] The Pokémon Mystery Meat Collab!
Figured I’d send an update to this place:

We’re working on making a spoofy horror game or two to showcase the entries. >:D

Always keep us updated!

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2024-02-21 08:07:48 (edited 2024-02-21 08:09:03)

As a Jason Cosplayer and Future Jason actor...this moment for me will always be in my memory!!!

Jason Voorhees Multiverse

ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED!!!

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2024-02-24 15:24:29

Since it is my (un)holy duty as Hellraiser fan to share this with other horror fans.

Do you like audiobooks? Or your granpa reading you bedtime stories? Oh.. Doug "Pinhead" Bradley has you covered! I do not like listening English audio books normally (I don't speak/understand English very well), but I make exception to him. Best way to fall asleep is THIS voice.

OfficialDougBradley

Dude just sits there in his chair and reads books. Apparently he has also teamed up with "Freddy Kruger" in one of his audio book Cds, I have not heard of it, but c'mon... what else could we ask other than "Pinhead" read classic horror stories?

Treat for any horror fan out there.

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2024-02-25 08:47:30

At 2/24/24 03:24 PM, Tenebrare wrote: Since it is my (un)holy duty as Hellraiser fan to share this with other horror fans.

Do you like audiobooks? Or your granpa reading you bedtime stories? Oh.. Doug "Pinhead" Bradley has you covered! I do not like listening English audio books normally (I don't speak/understand English very well), but I make exception to him. Best way to fall asleep is THIS voice.

OfficialDougBradley

Dude just sits there in his chair and reads books. Apparently he has also teamed up with "Freddy Kruger" in one of his audio book Cds, I have not heard of it, but c'mon... what else could we ask other than "Pinhead" read classic horror stories?

Treat for any horror fan out there.

I love his audio books! I follow him on Instagram!

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2024-02-25 13:30:16

At 2/25/24 08:47 AM, JasonToddVoorhees wrote: I love his audio books! I follow him on Instagram!

I love also the fact he uses no editing or trying to make himself look fancier. He made even jokes on 1st video in channel about people subscribing before there was anything posted and he had no idea what he is going to do in there.

Telling you, he comes across more like some guy from next door and not a horror icon. People claim he is like that in reality too and was like that even when HR was a current thing.

Then again this must come with the genre? I have heard a lot of positive things about various Horror actors and film makers. While in contrast Horror writers are often most obnoxious people you may have ever heard of - like King, Barker etc.

Figures.

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2024-02-27 04:00:22

At 2/25/24 01:30 PM, Tenebrare wrote:
At 2/25/24 08:47 AM, JasonToddVoorhees wrote: I love his audio books! I follow him on Instagram!
I love also the fact he uses no editing or trying to make himself look fancier. He made even jokes on 1st video in channel about people subscribing before there was anything posted and he had no idea what he is going to do in there.

Telling you, he comes across more like some guy from next door and not a horror icon. People claim he is like that in reality too and was like that even when HR was a current thing.

Then again this must come with the genre? I have heard a lot of positive things about various Horror actors and film makers. While in contrast Horror writers are often most obnoxious people you may have ever heard of - like King, Barker etc.

Figures.

Agreed dude is a gem to the horror community!

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2024-02-28 23:13:46

https://youtu.be/FDgsghVRCyA?si=u0RRWbIeTyv5OJ2L

A nice fanmade animation trailer!

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2024-02-28 23:53:00

I was watching today on HBO horror film made in Lithuania.

I had never seen a horror film made in in Lithuania before. Think it was called "Pensive" on menu. Quite nice eastern-European take on classic slasher style, where you feel even sorry for the bad guy and perhaps even side with them.

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2024-02-29 00:35:15

At 2/28/24 11:53 PM, Tenebrare wrote: I was watching today on HBO horror film made in Lithuania.

I had never seen a horror film made in in Lithuania before. Think it was called "Pensive" on menu. Quite nice eastern-European take on classic slasher style, where you feel even sorry for the bad guy and perhaps even side with them.

Eastern European horror is often beautifully depressing. I am… very biased, though.

BBS Signature

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2024-02-29 00:54:12

At 2/29/24 12:35 AM, Thetageist wrote: Eastern European horror is often beautifully depressing. I am… very biased, though.

I am biased too, but still never seen Lithuanian one before ;)

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2024-03-17 16:24:32

Happy Saint Patrick Day to everyone!!!