00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TheNormalMusic just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Horror Comic Anthology (Join us?)

538 Views | 14 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Do you have a short horror comic you would like to get in print? I'm looking for fellow artists who have short stories to co create a horror anthology printed book through Ka-Blam Digital Printing.

I was inspired by the Sweetsixteencomic contest to get something together for comic conventions

All members would have the same access to the discounted print rate for the Anthology from the Ka-Blam website, and we could potentially put together a larger order as a group to save on money. Rights would be given only for the shared anthology printing, so no profit could be taken outside of what we sell in hard copy individually with no other uses allowed outside of advertisement. All other rights would remain with the respective owners of each work. There would be a profile page for each artist in the back of the book for advertising and talking about their work.

Here is a link to what I would be adding to the anthology from my own work

I'm looking for a variety of styles, however I will need pages that fit the Ka-Blam standard size template as seen here https://ka-blam.com/main/standard-sized-page-template/

If you are interested please post a link to your work here. Old work will be accepted if it can be made to fit the full resolution Ka-Blam format without being pixelated (gonna want to be at least 300dpi)

BBS Signature

Response to Horror Comic Anthology (Join us?) 2023-12-29 16:25:17

At 12/20/23 11:39 PM, Artist-Lost wrote: Do you have a short horror comic you would like to get in print? I'm looking for fellow artists who have short stories to co create a horror anthology printed book through Ka-Blam Digital Printing.

I was inspired by the Sweetsixteencomic contest to get something together for comic conventions
All members would have the same access to the discounted print rate for the Anthology from the Ka-Blam website, and we could potentially put together a larger order as a group to save on money. Rights would be given only for the shared anthology printing, so no profit could be taken outside of what we sell in hard copy individually with no other uses allowed outside of advertisement. All other rights would remain with the respective owners of each work. There would be a profile page for each artist in the back of the book for advertising and talking about their work.

Here is a link to what I would be adding to the anthology from my own work
https://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/artist-lost/nightmare-s-darling

I'm looking for a variety of styles, however I will need pages that fit the Ka-Blam standard size template as seen here https://ka-blam.com/main/standard-sized-page-template/

If you are interested please post a link to your work here. Old work will be accepted if it can be made to fit the full resolution Ka-Blam format without being pixelated (gonna want to be at least 300dpi)

Gah! I'd so do this if I had the skills to make a comic. I'm working to develop one right now but I've kind of realized how limited my skills are at the moment lol.

Response to Horror Comic Anthology (Join us?) 2023-12-29 20:20:47

Gah! I'd so do this if I had the skills to make a comic. I'm working to develop one right now but I've kind of realized how limited my skills are at the moment lol.

There are a lot of comic artists who have very simple styles like the Scott Pilgrim series for instance, good writing and stylized art can go a long way.

BBS Signature

Response to Horror Comic Anthology (Join us?) 2023-12-30 00:21:54

God, I’m not good at planning out comics at all. Tried before, didn’t really work that well.

I do have a horror story I wrote for a Halloween writing contest, though, so if there is an artist willing to help, I’d be happy to collab.

Someone please help me revive my clubs

BBS Signature

Response to Horror Comic Anthology (Join us?) 2023-12-30 03:00:13

At 12/30/23 12:21 AM, Thetageist wrote: God, I’m not good at planning out comics at all. Tried before, didn’t really work that well.

I do have a horror story I wrote for a Halloween writing contest, though, so if there is an artist willing to help, I’d be happy to collab.

Collabs between writers and artist perfectly welcome!

BBS Signature

Response to Horror Comic Anthology (Join us?) 2024-01-03 02:32:30

At 12/30/23 12:21 AM, Thetageist wrote: God, I’m not good at planning out comics at all. Tried before, didn’t really work that well.

Id be down to collab wit ya, Im in the opposite end of the boat, where id love to draw something but thinking something up and refining it would take a long ass time. Idk what the timeline is like, but if you wanna send me an outline/whatev id be down to at least take a looksie

No fear. No pain.

Response to Horror Comic Anthology (Join us?) 2024-01-03 10:52:04

At 1/3/24 02:32 AM, Awd91 wrote:
Id be down to collab wit ya, Im in the opposite end of the boat, where id love to draw something but thinking something up and refining it would take a long ass time. Idk what the timeline is like, but if you wanna send me an outline/whatev id be down to at least take a looksie

Ideally I would like to have at least a couple months for us all to make orders before Halloween, so

I'm thinking early August.

BBS Signature

Response to Horror Comic Anthology (Join us?) 2024-01-13 15:22:00

Lemme draw a short comic book then come back here first.

Feel free to DM for any requests. YouTube Channel linked to image.

BBS Signature

Response to Horror Comic Anthology (Join us?) 2024-01-16 08:17:10

Really hoping to see this get more reach in the future. Should I send it over to the horror community threads I’ve seen in the Art and Clubs Forums?

BBS Signature

Response to Horror Comic Anthology (Join us?) 2024-01-17 02:17:18

At 1/16/24 08:17 AM, Thetageist wrote: Really hoping to see this get more reach in the future. Should I send it over to the horror community threads I’ve seen in the Art and Clubs Forums?

Sure!

BBS Signature

Response to Horror Comic Anthology (Join us?) 2024-01-17 08:29:33

Well considering how speedy I have been working on my own one fan-comic - 8-9 months and not posted a single panel yet, I wish i could assist anyone, but outside singular illustrations I do not think I would be able to assist anyone anywhere any time soon.

Hope more people will see this though. Horror is fun!

Response to Horror Comic Anthology (Join us?) 2024-01-19 01:07:09

Ok this is pretty sick!! I got a few ideas for a couple of short one shot stories. Looks like really need to get the ball rolling and sit down and draw my stuff. If any writers here need any help when it comes to art, don’t be scared to hit me up

Response to Horror Comic Anthology (Join us?) 2024-01-19 03:06:55

At 1/19/24 01:07 AM, Eldritchsaxes wrote: Ok this is pretty sick!! I got a few ideas for a couple of short one shot stories. Looks like really need to get the ball rolling and sit down and draw my stuff. If any writers here need any help when it comes to art, don’t be scared to hit me up

One shots are great practice to tell a complete story in a limited space.

BBS Signature

Response to Horror Comic Anthology (Join us?) 2024-04-16 11:40:39

Since this collab is still going on, I want to bump it with a progress update!

@Awd91 and I have gotten started working on the comic itself, after doing character designs. We’re in the thumbnail phase now!

BBS Signature

Response to Horror Comic Anthology (Join us?) 2024-04-16 13:15:42

At 4/16/24 11:40 AM, Thetageist wrote: Since this collab is still going on, I want to bump it with a progress update!

@Awd91 and I have gotten started working on the comic itself, after doing character designs. We’re in the thumbnail phase now!

Awesome!

BBS Signature