00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Troggie just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Horrorverse Fan Club

26,513 Views | 401 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2023-06-16 12:53:30

At 6/10/23 06:42 AM, Tenebrare wrote: The remakes rarely work with me with those films... for some reason.

its all based on the factor if someone watched the remake 1st 70/30 would like it better than the original and vice versa.

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2023-06-16 15:13:38

At 6/16/23 12:53 PM, JasonToddVoorhees wrote:
At 6/10/23 06:42 AM, Tenebrare wrote: The remakes rarely work with me with those films... for some reason.
its all based on the factor if someone watched the remake 1st 70/30 would like it better than the original and vice versa.

I might be probably in the 30% as I have the same problem even if I see remakes 1st. So it cannot be just nostalgia thing either.

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2023-06-18 12:41:17

Have any of y’all heard of Lacey’s game?

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2023-06-18 15:28:43

Nope, 1st time I hear - had to duckduck-it.

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2023-06-18 19:54:09

At 6/18/23 12:41 PM, JaysusKrist wrote: Have any of y’all heard of Lacey’s game?

Popped up on my YT recommendations a few times. I hear it's a horror version of those 2000s girl games?

Someone please help me revive my clubs

BBS Signature

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2023-06-18 23:29:16

At 6/18/23 07:54 PM, Thetageist wrote:
At 6/18/23 12:41 PM, JaysusKrist wrote: Have any of y’all heard of Lacey’s game?
Popped up on my YT recommendations a few times. I hear it's a horror version of those 2000s girl games?

Yeah it’s real fuckin creepy

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2023-06-19 03:24:44

At 6/18/23 11:29 PM, JaysusKrist wrote:

Define this usage of "Creepy"? Like is it a Creepy as in "On NAH!" or Creepy as in "I need to check my bed/closet/etc" or Creepy as in "It gave me something to think about." type of feelings?

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2023-06-19 11:17:36

At 6/19/23 03:24 AM, JasonToddVoorhees wrote:
Define this usage of "Creepy"? Like is it a Creepy as in "On NAH!" or Creepy as in "I need to check my bed/closet/etc" or Creepy as in "It gave me something to think about." type of feelings?

Mostly “check bed/closet/etc” and a little bit of “OH NAH”

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2023-06-20 16:22:53

At 6/19/23 11:17 AM, JaysusKrist wrote:

Hmmm interesting thank you! :)

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2023-06-20 19:02:20

At 6/20/23 04:22 PM, JasonToddVoorhees wrote:
At 6/19/23 11:17 AM, JaysusKrist wrote:
Hmmm interesting thank you! :)

Of course:)

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2023-06-28 17:23:23

Ey! I need a name for a made-up slasher movie that exists in the universe of a game I'm creating, so I wanted to go straight to the experts!

The movie combines the slasher genre with a Jetsons-esque retro-future setting. Its antagonist is a domestic robot named Andy the Android, who is bought by a typical nuclear family but, upon being possessed by an evil engineer, terrorizes them and kills all but one survivor. So sorta like a combo of Chucky, FNAF, and stuff like I, Robot.

Thanks in advance!

BBS Signature

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2023-06-29 12:50:40

At 6/28/23 05:23 PM, Thetageist wrote: Ey! I need a name for a made-up slasher movie that exists in the universe of a game I'm creating, so I wanted to go straight to the experts!

The movie combines the slasher genre with a Jetsons-esque retro-future setting. Its antagonist is a domestic robot named Andy the Android, who is bought by a typical nuclear family but, upon being possessed by an evil engineer, terrorizes them and kills all but one survivor. So sorta like a combo of Chucky, FNAF, and stuff like I, Robot.

Thanks in advance!

"Andy the Android" ? I don't know :(

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2023-06-29 13:46:30

At 6/28/23 05:23 PM, Thetageist wrote: Ey! I need a name for a made-up slasher movie that exists in the universe of a game I'm creating, so I wanted to go straight to the experts!

Thanks in advance!

Samael

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2023-07-04 16:45:10

At 6/29/23 12:50 PM, Tenebrare wrote:

Thanks in advance!
"Andy the Android" ? I don't know :(

That was actually helpful, I shortened it to just “The Android” and got only one result for that title on IMDb. I don’t think there’s a trademark on the name, so I’m going to use it. Thanks!

BBS Signature

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2023-09-03 22:46:24

Big Horror News!

New Friday the 13th Game in the Works!

The Texas Chain Saw Massacre Game is a HIT!

Five Nights at Freddy's close to being released!

Trick or Treat Studios have the rights to TCM again!

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2023-09-04 00:17:02

At 9/3/23 10:46 PM, JasonToddVoorhees wrote: Big Horror News!

How intense do you think the FNaF movie is going to be? I’d absolutely love to watch it when it comes out, but I’m… also very jumpy, lol.

BBS Signature

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2023-09-05 12:19:40

At 9/4/23 12:17 AM, Thetageist wrote:
At 9/3/23 10:46 PM, JasonToddVoorhees wrote: Big Horror News!

How intense do you think the FNaF movie is going to be? I’d absolutely love to watch it when it comes out, but I’m… also very jumpy, lol.

It has a PG-13 Rating so we gotta see.

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2023-09-18 03:45:00

New Licensed Friday the 13th Merchandise! Hack N Slash G-Fuel Energy Drink!

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2023-09-25 20:06:43

Hey all y’all. What do you think makes an effective soundtrack for horror movies, games, etc?

BBS Signature

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2023-09-30 08:42:49

At 9/25/23 08:06 PM, Thetageist wrote: Hey all y’all. What do you think makes an effective soundtrack for horror movies, games, etc?

Hmmm elaborate further on this?

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2023-09-30 08:48:15

At 9/30/23 08:42 AM, JasonToddVoorhees wrote:
At 9/25/23 08:06 PM, Thetageist wrote: Hey all y’all. What do you think makes an effective soundtrack for horror movies, games, etc?

Maybe more simply: What’s one soundtrack for a piece of horror media that really heightened the horror for you, and why?

BBS Signature

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2023-10-04 11:57:47

At 9/30/23 08:48 AM, Thetageist wrote:
Maybe more simply: What’s one soundtrack for a piece of horror media that really heightened the horror for you, and why?

Oh Halloween and Friday the 13th definitely rings my mind.

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2023-10-11 01:14:36

At 10/4/23 11:57 AM, JasonToddVoorhees wrote:
Oh Halloween

For sure, anything John Carpenter did his own soundtrack for, but also Ennio's score for the Thing. Halloween is the most memorable horror score ever, though, and it sticks in my head all the time. Great pick. Hereditary had its moments where the score added to the anxiety it wanted to give you. The original Suspiria had a pretty crazy soundtrack. Yeah, it had its retro prog rock moments and it was catchy, which isn't exactly great for setting a scary mood, but like, just watch the opening again. I re-watched that tripping and was like damn this is wild. Other movies Goblin worked on didn't have this, but I'll bob my head to it. haha.

Maybe not what is being asked for, but some of my favorite soundtracks are Sinoa Caves' for Beyond the Black Rainbow and Kenji Kawaii's for Vampire Hunter D. They're not scary, but add mood and are amazing.

I'm equally a music nerd as I am a movie nerd. haha.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2023-10-11 21:50:21

At 10/11/23 01:14 AM, Sense-Offender wrote:
Oh Halloween
For sure, anything John Carpenter did his own soundtrack for, but also Ennio's score for the Thing. Halloween is the most memorable horror score ever, though, and it sticks in my head all the time. Great pick. Hereditary had its moments where the score added to the anxiety it wanted to give you. The original Suspiria had a pretty crazy soundtrack. Yeah, it had its retro prog rock moments and it was catchy, which isn't exactly great for setting a scary mood, but like, just watch the opening again. I re-watched that tripping and was like damn this is wild. Other movies Goblin worked on didn't have this, but I'll bob my head to it. haha.

Maybe not what is being asked for, but some of my favorite soundtracks are Sinoa Caves' for Beyond the Black Rainbow and Kenji Kawaii's for Vampire Hunter D. They're not scary, but add mood and are amazing.

Thank you! I love the Halloween Theme Song and I can see you are a music nerd haha nothing is wrong with that!

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2023-10-11 22:53:36

Oh Halloween

Eyy, fellow music nerd! I’ll have to give those soundtracks a listen and tell you what I’ve noticed about their composition! Media scoring discussion is always really fun.

In the meantime, both of you might enjoy this shoutout to the Halloween theme song in the Dark Deception soundtrack. It’s honestly fitting to have a musical homage like this in a fun grab bag of horror genres and tropes like this game is.

BBS Signature

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2023-10-15 03:41:05

At 10/11/23 10:53 PM, Thetageist wrote:
Oh Halloween

Eyy, fellow music nerd! I’ll have to give those soundtracks a listen and tell you what I’ve noticed about their composition! Media scoring discussion is always really fun.

In the meantime, both of you might enjoy this shoutout to the Halloween theme song in the Dark Deception soundtrack. It’s honestly fitting to have a musical homage like this in a fun grab bag of horror genres and tropes like this game is.

See this is why I made this post! It brings us horror fans together!!

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2023-10-20 02:53:41

It's spoopy season.

Watched this October:

Jennifer's Body

You're Next

Don't Breathe

Don't Breathe 2

Dead & Buried

The Nun

A Nightmare on Elm Street

Currently watching (TV):

From

The Fall of the House of Usher

Chucky

Up Next:

Talk to Me

The Last Voyage of the Demeter

No One Will Save You

Saw X

The Dark and the Wicked

too kawaii to live, too sugoi to die

BBS Signature

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2023-10-28 16:58:34

At 10/15/23 03:41 AM, JasonToddVoorhees wrote: See this is why I made this post! It brings us horror fans together!!

And I had missed this gathering *screams and cries*

But i like the original Exorcist theme.

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2023-10-28 18:34:30

At 10/28/23 04:58 PM, Tenebrare wrote:
At 10/15/23 03:41 AM, JasonToddVoorhees wrote: See this is why I made this post! It brings us horror fans together!!
And I had missed this gathering *screams and cries*

But i like the original Exorcist theme.

Ah yes, Tubular Bells! That opening section is a really good pick for the movie. Have you ever heard the rest of it?

BBS Signature

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2023-10-28 21:53:18

At 12/7/18 01:50 AM, SleepingVillage wrote: Watched the classic "Das Cabinet des Dr. Caligari" last halloween. One of the early masterpieces of the horror genre, highly recommended.

The silent movie Phantom of the Opera is pretty good too. It probably contains one of the earliest jumpscares.

- Fancy Jack

BBS Signature