00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Illeindliass just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Have you ever been to New York City

1,359 Views | 27 Replies

Well since I'm in NJ I'm able to go here and there. I was there a few weeks ago got to see Groundhogs day on Broadway. And got a slice of pizza and a pretzel. Gotta love the food. Also I been the Nintendo world store a few times I think I remember them playing Nintendo themed music in the background

Although I do get a lot of anxiety becuase of how unpredictable and busy the city can get but I'm always glad I get out alive at the end of the day. How about you?

Sig by @Brokendeck

BBS Signature

Response to Have you ever been to New York City 2017-07-25 19:19:25

Yes, it's an overpriced, overcrowded vice-ridden shithole just like SF, only with even shittier people and shittier (and more expensive) weed.

Response to Have you ever been to New York City 2017-07-25 19:25:20

No but I've been to Newark, New Jersey before.

I turn water into water

BBS Signature

Response to Have you ever been to New York City 2017-07-25 19:30:52

At 7/25/17 07:25 PM, SkimblixWalker wrote: No but I've been to Newark, New Jersey before.

How did that work out?

Sig by @Brokendeck

BBS Signature

Response to Have you ever been to New York City 2017-07-25 19:35:57

At 7/25/17 07:30 PM, Wegra wrote:
At 7/25/17 07:25 PM, SkimblixWalker wrote: No but I've been to Newark, New Jersey before.
How did that work out?

Bricks and crime rate.

I turn water into water

BBS Signature

Response to Have you ever been to New York City 2017-07-25 19:40:29

I've always wanted to go to the top of the Statue of Liberty and the World Trade Center.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Have you ever been to New York City 2017-07-25 19:47:48

At 7/25/17 07:42 PM, Jurornumber3 wrote: And drop a sock full of pennies off?

Maybe just one penny to see if it can penetrate a person's skull...

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Have you ever been to New York City 2017-07-25 20:52:03

At 7/25/17 07:56 PM, sjwgenocide wrote:
At 7/25/17 07:40 PM, Painbringer wrote: I've always wanted to go to the top of the Statue of Liberty and the World Trade Center.
i've got some bad news on the second one

I have never been to NYC, and seeing the pictures of the WTC replacement, I don't intend to ever go.

In the times after 9/11, I expected the Twin Towers to rebuilt, and I was confident it would eventually happen. The official plans were nothing to take seriously, from the birdcage Freedom Tower to the 20-story bunker based tower that stands today, along with the waterfall pit memorials. I mean, that bunker would be the ultimate act of cowardice, not to mention the exorbitant costs for such a tower, the memorial, and the security to run such a site. But it happened. And don't give me that "1776 foot height because of an antenna" crap. This is inferior to the former WTC. No taller than the former 1 WTC, and smaller in overall size. We came back from the attacks a weaker, more cowardly nation.

In addition, everything from the former WTC is either underground or obscured. From outside the memorial and museum, the Twin Towers never existed. I am also convinced that the site, owned by the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey, was conceived as a result of fraud and corruption.

Seeing this happen, and seeing that the Twin Towers would never be rebuilt, it caused me to lose faith in America. Since then, I expected my country, if not the whole world, to progressively deteriorate until it collapsed or got taken over by an oppressive regime.

I know this sounds like a "wah" kind of statement, but seeing this stuff happen wrecked my beliefs regarding my country. It's just the way I feel about this; I believed that America rebuilt what was destroyed, only bigger and stronger. As such, I don't intend to ever go to NYC, or to anywhere around it where I could see that WTC replacement.

I believe in the ultimate triumph of evil over good in this world.

It doesn't help that we keep funding our enemies.

Response to Have you ever been to New York City 2017-07-25 21:37:34

I'm one of the very few genuine New Yorkers left. I'm not rich, I'm actually from here, and there are other things about me that give me away as a New Yorker when I visit other places, but I think the first two bits are the most important. New Yorkers are born, not made. There's brilliance in some of us that just can't be found anywhere else.

Unfortunately, one of the worst among us is now President of the United States, thanks to his ability to pander to desperate coal miners, bigots and all-around morons just like himself. If someone's proud trademark phrase is "You're fired" that person isn't fucking going to get you any new jobs, and if you insist otherwise, how stupid can you be?

Keeping my kind requires erecting strong barriers to entry. Don't think just physical walls. I've already thought it through but I don't think this is the best time or place to talk about what's on my mind.

For those of you that plan on visiting NYC either for the first time or again in the future, please understand that the instant I can tell you're a tourist, you've done something wrong. My favorite tourists are those that I can't tell are tourists. The more you blend in, the more I like you.

Former iron fist mod of the NG Featureless Chat from May 23, 2012 to May 4, 2014.

NYC Meet 2010 | NYC Meet 2011 | NYC Meet 2013

BBS Signature

Response to Have you ever been to New York City 2017-07-25 22:44:25

I somehow end up there about once a year. Took a filmmaking course in NYC in 2006, bought wedding rings with my wife in the diamond district a few years ago, and have gone on a few nice dates to Italian restaurants like Patsy's and Pelligrinos

Response to Have you ever been to New York City 2017-07-25 22:46:13

At 7/25/17 09:37 PM, GoryBlizzard wrote:

Unfortunately, one of the worst among us is now President of the United States, thanks to his ability to pander to desperate coal miners, bigots and all-around morons just like himself.

Keeping my kind requires erecting strong barriers to entry. Don't think just physical walls.

You see no irony in this?

My favorite tourists are those that I can't tell are tourists. The more you blend in, the more I like you.

Conform. Conform

I have nothing against people who can use pot and lead a productive life. It's these sanctimonius hippies that make me wish I was a riot cop in the 60's

BBS Signature

Response to Have you ever been to New York City 2017-07-25 23:06:59

At 7/25/17 10:46 PM, stafffighter wrote: You see no irony in this?

I completely see it, but I'll dismiss it on the grounds that I'm a lot smarter than Trump is, and any of my walls would be much more powerful and more than just literal "walls." My desire of self-preservation is more rooted in economics rather than race. I don't want rich people having too much bargaining power. There's nothing even remotely moronic about that. Part of how we get there is by severely limiting the influx of new arrivals with very, very few exceptions.

Former iron fist mod of the NG Featureless Chat from May 23, 2012 to May 4, 2014.

NYC Meet 2010 | NYC Meet 2011 | NYC Meet 2013

BBS Signature

Response to Have you ever been to New York City 2017-07-26 00:09:50

At 7/25/17 11:06 PM, GoryBlizzard wrote:
At 7/25/17 10:46 PM, stafffighter wrote: You see no irony in this?
I completely see it, but I'll dismiss it on the grounds that I'm a lot smarter than Trump is,

There's an easy joke here but balancing the line for people who only express politics or marriage through sheer muscle mass while also seeming nonthreatening enough that liberals feel safe staying home that night is a craft.

and any of my walls would be much more powerful and more than just literal "walls." My desire of self-preservation is more rooted in economics rather than race.

Because race relations and economic distribution are completely unrelated issues. Here's a movie you probably won't see as a completely trite. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCLNTmNj5bI

I have nothing against people who can use pot and lead a productive life. It's these sanctimonius hippies that make me wish I was a riot cop in the 60's

BBS Signature

Response to Have you ever been to New York City 2017-07-26 04:11:58

I've heard second hand that the salsa it produces is substandard.

Response to Have you ever been to New York City 2017-07-26 13:46:59

It's a literal hell.

Have you ever been to New York City

This is a song about death. It's on mandolin.

Hate is the first step to all solutions.

You will not end bigotry until you learn to hate it.

BBS Signature

Response to Have you ever been to New York City 2017-07-26 14:06:50

At 7/25/17 09:37 PM, GoryBlizzard wrote: The more you blend in, the more I like you.

Do the gay men there dress a certain way?

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Have you ever been to New York City 2017-07-26 20:40:29

I live there... It sucks

Response to Have you ever been to New York City 2017-07-27 02:24:21

At 7/25/17 09:37 PM, GoryBlizzard wrote: I'm one of the very few genuine ...

Keeping my kind requires erecting strong barriers to entry. Don't think just physical walls. I've already thought it through but I don't think this is the best time or place to talk about what's on my mind.

You're the poop guy, right?

Threads to remember: Dickneck, Penicorns, SirTom93's School Incident, and EyeLovePoozy's thread about his job.

Response to Have you ever been to New York City 2017-07-27 03:22:52

NO and I probably never will.

I live in fire and pain. The turmoild of the world is your problem

BBS Signature

Response to Have you ever been to New York City 2017-07-27 04:59:33

At 7/25/17 07:56 PM, sjwgenocide wrote:
At 7/25/17 07:40 PM, Painbringer wrote: I've always wanted to go to the top of the Statue of Liberty and the World Trade Center.
i've got some bad news on the second one

At 7/25/17 07:51 PM, yurgenburgen wrote: also i will campaign wholeheartedly for smoking to be banned entirely in NY
based on my limited experience, it seems all the cigarette smoking in america is concentrated in the east coast. i knew more people in the south that smoked weed than cigarettes, and it doesn't seem to be a thing on the west coast either

Huh? What are you talking about? I live in California and plenty of people smoke cigarettes. Or vape. I work at a gas station and sell cigarettes. It may not be as much as the south, and I doubt there are any places where weed is used more than tobacco due to the fact that cigarettes are more accessible and more likely to be used because they are so addictive.

Response to Have you ever been to New York City 2017-07-27 10:43:09

No, I never been in to New York City, but I've watched many episodes of "CSI: New York".

Phimosis

Response to Have you ever been to New York City 2017-07-28 14:00:24

I've never been. I want to go so that I can see a Mets and a Yankees baseball game, though. They both have interesting stadiums.

Let me sleep on your couch Wegra.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to Have you ever been to New York City 2017-07-28 14:34:23

At 7/28/17 02:00 PM, ZJ wrote:

Let me sleep on your couch Wegra.

Be my guest ;)

Sig by @Brokendeck

BBS Signature

Response to Have you ever been to New York City 2017-07-29 04:45:52

I don't even want to go out of my house. Yeah, nope. although going to NY sounds fine i guess. >.>

Response to Have you ever been to New York City 2017-07-29 17:16:56

I've never been but it's high up on my bucket list. After living in the middle of nowhere for so long I want to live in a city for a while, and NYC would be top of the list if I could choose any.

Lemme crash on ur couch, Wegra.

At 7/25/17 07:20 PM, Dynastywarriors5 wrote: No, but I've seen Taxi Driver a few times

If I'm not mistaken NYC was extensively 'cleaned up' in the '90s, both literally and metaphorically, so Taxi Driver's portrayal may be a tad outdated.

Response to Have you ever been to New York City 2017-07-29 22:34:33

At 7/25/17 09:37 PM, GoryBlizzard wrote:
Unfortunately, one of the worst among us is now President of the United States, thanks to his ability to pander to desperate coal miners, bigots and all-around morons just like himself. If someone's proud trademark phrase is "You're fired" that person isn't fucking going to get you any new jobs, and if you insist otherwise, how stupid can you be?

Please, take him back to where he belongs. I desperately want him out of Office.

F*ck Putin the murderer, RIP Alexei Navalny

F*ck SCOTUS

Response to Have you ever been to New York City 2017-07-30 01:36:07

At 7/30/17 12:05 AM, sjwgenocide wrote:
At 7/29/17 10:34 PM, HexMagnificus wrote: Please, take him back to where he belongs. I desperately want him out of Office.
yes, have the dumb monkey president resign and be replaced with actual competent politician Mike Pence who has a greater ability to damage america

So, the more incompetent and idiotic the guy is, the better? The worse, the better.

That's one way of looking at it, considering we are stuck with the Republicans this term...

F*ck Putin the murderer, RIP Alexei Navalny

F*ck SCOTUS

Response to Have you ever been to New York City 2017-07-30 03:28:17

At 7/30/17 03:16 AM, Dynastywarriors5 wrote:
At 7/25/17 07:20 PM, Dynastywarriors5 wrote: No, but I've seen Taxi Driver a few times
If I'm not mistaken NYC was extensively 'cleaned up' in the '90s, both literally and metaphorically, so Taxi Driver's portrayal may be a tad outdated.
Are you talking about ethnic cleansing?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gentrification Mad expensive, might be OK for a vacation, I'll let you know after my buddy's family stays in lower Manhattan for 2 days. Was there right before and right after 9/11, only a few visits in the 70's and 80's. Shame the place is terrorist target #1, especially for something big, our price for exporting so many Hollywood/news fictions, and CIA orders.

Vault 101 I have many old and deleted Flash submissions, PM me the filename, maybe I got it.

BBS Signature