00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

JoeSez just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Robot Day 2016 & Robot Jam Winners!

15,110 Views | 35 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Here are your winners for Robot Day, followed by the top ten from our Robot Jam!

Top Three Animation ($100 for first place)

Thank you @MindChamber, @Nogfish and @Chluaid for animation judging assistance.

Top Three Art ($100 for first place)

Thank you @MindChamber, @Jouste, @YakovlevArt, @test-object, @TurkeyOnAStick & @deathink for art judging assistance.

Top Three Music ($100 for first place)

Thank you @RealFaction, @steampianist, @ForgottenDawn and @Oakwood for music judging assistance.

Top Three Games ($100 for first place)

Congrats to the winners!

ROBOT JAM

Robot Day also wrapped up Round 2 of our summer animation jam series. The theme was "Robots took our jobs!"

Judging for this round was by @MindChamber, @chluaid, @Nogfish, @PaperbagAnimator and @oryozema, with the user votes serving as a sixth judge.

1st - 10 pts

2nd - 9 pts

3rd - 8 pts

4th - 7 pts

5th - 6 pts

6th - 5 pts

7th - 4 pts

8th - 3 pts (Tie, 3 pts each)

9th - 2 pts

10th - 1 pt

You can view my work sheet and let me know if I messed up. Also YES, Adam Phillips only got in a top eight.

I've also created a rankings sheet that shows the current artist rankings after two rounds.

Round 3 of the animation jam series is in progress!

Thank you everyone who participated in Robot Day and everyone who has been joining in on the animation jams! It's a great feeling to see so much original work being created. We have a special site skin coming from @Shamfooo to commemorate the moment!

UPDATE: The site skin by @Shamfooo is now live, featuring a cast of characters created during the Robot Jam!

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Robot Day 2016 & Robot Jam Winners! 2016-07-22 11:55:16

4th 6th and 8th, woohoo! I'm working with a lot of talented people!

A journey of a thousand miles begins with complaining

w0000000000000000t!!!! 2nd PLACE!!!!! You don't know how happy that made me! Thanks to all the judges<3<3<3

HOWEVER, as much as it pains me to say it, I didn't enter this year @TomFulp , so I guess you should move @ThePsychoSheep up one slot and give someone else the 3rd place.

I don't know if my vote has any sway in this matter, but if it does I nominate

for third place.

While there were lots of great submissions, this one was very charming and could use a Little more attention.

Okay, fuck this being nice stuff, next year I'm coming back to the competition, and I am going to do everything in my power to destroy EVERYONE ELSE!!!!

Also <3

"A reward is it's own reward." - Killgar

Response to Robot Day 2016 & Robot Jam Winners! 2016-07-22 13:29:31

^this shit right here^

Response to Robot Day 2016 & Robot Jam Winners! 2016-07-22 13:50:34

Yooooo third place! That's awesome :D Congrats to all the winners, and to @dem0lecule!

BBS Signature

WOW!!! 3RD PLACE?!?! SO AWESOME!!! Totally unexpected and exciting, I was happy to do this just for fun! Thank you so much Tom and the Newgrounds judges! It's great to be able to participate in these jams and meet so many great new artists an animators from it! It's been a blast so far!!! :D

Follow me!

YOUTUBE

TWITTER

BBS Signature

Response to Robot Day 2016 & Robot Jam Winners! 2016-07-22 14:31:20

CONGRATS to all these sexy winners, but also a HUGE kudos & thank you to everyone that submitted content for Newgrounds. It's folks like you that expand this universe and extend the history of this little crazy place we can all call 'home'.
Would really love to attend a future meet-up or make more NG friend-connections. You guys are always a blast!
That Transformers cartoon by @Flashgitz was great. - thanks for another year of solid content @TomFulp!
Picking up supporter status tomorrow & hopefully some shirts for me & the band if the link is back up.

Free albums every month! Use our stuff in your stuff! Contact us if you need music, voice over, or artwork for your submissions! Our Profile and here's Our Song Library

Response to Robot Day 2016 & Robot Jam Winners! 2016-07-22 14:43:22

At 7/22/16 01:09 PM, deathink wrote: w0000000000000000t!!!! 2nd PLACE!!!!! You don't know how happy that made me! Thanks to all the judges<3<3<3

HOWEVER, as much as it pains me to say it, I didn't enter this year @TomFulp , so I guess you should move @ThePsychoSheep up one slot and give someone else the 3rd place.

I don't know if my vote has any sway in this matter, but if it does I nominate
http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/hlihoralecsandra/d-o-g-and-b-i-r-d
for third place.

@test-object actually had that one as his #2 so I'm gonna make you an honorary judge and bump d-o-g-and-b-i-r-d to #3. The judges had a wide variety of favorites so there wasn't an obvious runner-up there.

BBS Signature

Response to Robot Day 2016 & Robot Jam Winners! 2016-07-22 14:47:57

Glad you won @dem0lecule you were the favest of my favorites in this contest :)

Hello thar ;)

BBS Signature

Response to Robot Day 2016 & Robot Jam Winners! 2016-07-22 14:54:58

At 7/22/16 02:31 PM, AnalogByNature wrote: CONGRATS to all these sexy winners, but also a HUGE kudos & thank you to everyone that submitted content for Newgrounds. It's folks like you that expand this universe and extend the history of this little crazy place we can all call 'home'.
Would really love to attend a future meet-up or make more NG friend-connections. You guys are always a blast!
That Transformers cartoon by @Flashgitz was great. - thanks for another year of solid content @TomFulp!
Picking up supporter status tomorrow & hopefully some shirts for me & the band if the link is back up.

Thanks! And the Sharkrobot shirts link is back up and running.

I really think NG manages a sense of "creative permanence" more than any other website has been able to achieve, I hope more and more people recognize that in coming years.

BBS Signature

Response to Robot Day 2016 & Robot Jam Winners! 2016-07-22 16:49:00

Oooh, so many fantastic entries :O
Congratulations to all the winners ^ ^

Thanks for all the fun, everyone who participated!

Aww, I missed it! I feel bad I didn't enter :(

Response to Robot Day 2016 & Robot Jam Winners! 2016-07-22 21:09:00

Congrats to all winners.

I hope I judged fairly ;)

BBS Signature

Holy crap, 4th place! That's awesome! Thanks for the love guys! Hmmm, I appear to have placed 9th in the overall competition. That's a lot higher than I anticipated! I have a bad feeling about the next round though... My animation isn't exactly turning out to be what I've been hoping for.

Welp, back to work! <3

BBS Signature

Ayyyy second place!This was very pleasant news for me when I got back home.Thanks NG and thanks to the judges!Also great submissions from everyone else!Guess I will be stepping up my game for the next circuit crushing,wire cutting,cog smashing Robot Day!And with @deathink being back in the game I'm pretty sure it's gonna be a bloody mess!

Peace out!

Response to Robot Day 2016 & Robot Jam Winners! 2016-07-22 23:55:21

Congrats to all the winners! I've had a blast watching all the submissions, lotta really fresh ideas popping up.

Response to Robot Day 2016 & Robot Jam Winners! 2016-07-23 00:44:41

TRANSformers rocked! Shocked it didn't get first prize.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to Robot Day 2016 & Robot Jam Winners! 2016-07-23 03:58:33

Wow, I really didn't expect to rank so high for the animation round
And 1st for the game ranking : D
thanks all for the support! (and especially MindChamber and Oryozema for the votes on the animation round ;) )

Response to Robot Day 2016 & Robot Jam Winners! 2016-07-23 05:28:43

Congratulations to the winners. I especially liked TRANSformers in the Top 3 (obviously) ;)

Get your life back!

--- "Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one", Friedrich Nietzsche ---

BBS Signature

Response to Robot Day 2016 & Robot Jam Winners! 2016-07-23 05:39:22

Congrats guyd

Response to Robot Day 2016 & Robot Jam Winners! 2016-07-23 08:36:33

Congratulations to the winners!

Response to Robot Day 2016 & Robot Jam Winners! 2016-07-23 09:08:35

Congrats to all the winners! Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with for the sound jam.

Response to Robot Day 2016 & Robot Jam Winners! 2016-07-23 10:22:52

Wow! Thank you very much!
I really appreciate it :)

🌺 Hello! 🌺

Response to Robot Day 2016 & Robot Jam Winners! 2016-07-23 12:55:25

way to go everyone!

At 7/22/16 06:01 PM, dem0lecule wrote: holy moly, i won 1st place on something in my life.

yayyyyy

@Quarl's track is waaay better than mine.

First of all, my track was bullshit. I loved your song. I usually hate on classical and cinematic genres because they're uninspired rehashes of melodies we've heard a million times before but I really loved your track demo. You deserve blow jobs. Like I said in the review, that tortured string solo was creative as funk. Wear your winner badge, you deserve it.

Congrats to all the winners and such. Cool little robat day :p

quarl BandCamp

Response to Robot Day 2016 & Robot Jam Winners! 2016-07-24 10:15:42

Congratulation to all the winners!

Response to Robot Day 2016 & Robot Jam Winners! 2016-07-24 12:32:33

At 7/24/16 10:15 AM, steampianist wrote: Congratulation to all the winners!

Way to go! Thumbs up everyone

Response to Robot Day 2016 & Robot Jam Winners! 2016-07-24 16:55:53

YEA MA HOMIE MIKE NUMBA 1

Response to Robot Day 2016 & Robot Jam Winners! 2016-07-24 22:34:28

Number one is strong.... but number 8 is fucking hot....

I am cheering you on!!!

Oh dang I didn't realize the results were posted, but hell yeah 8th place! I probably won't be able to do any other rounds for the animation jam, but I wish everyone the best of luck.