00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Gaffi just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Your wake-up alarm

1,654 Views | 26 Replies

Your wake-up alarm 2015-09-08 23:15:45

I have a petty but logical complaint...

So, how many of you prefer to get up to music as opposed to HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK?

I do. Unfortunately I don't have an alarm system capable of using my own mp3 of my choice, so I tune my alarm to the local radio stations.

My favorite station is 103.3 The Edge, which basically just plays alternative, rock, and shit like that, music I like, or at least tolerate.

Irritatingly enough, there's a show by two gentlemen named Shredd and Reagan that airs from like 6 AM to 11 AM Monday through Friday.

The thing about waking up to music; If you don't like the song, it's gentle motivation to get the fuck up and turn it off. If you do like it, you get to lay there a minute or two while it finishes up, and the pleasantness of hearing it helps you liven up.

I can't not stand waking up to people making shitty jokes and yelling at nobody in particular about stupid news and shit. I got to wake up last Friday to them two harshing on one of Buffalo's education directors, and the director was getting all asshurt because they were basically saying he was a piece of shit.

Although they were correct and it was funny, I didn't want to wake to a grown-ass man whining about him thinking he's doing a better job than he is.

I wish talk shows could do mid-day airings from like noon-3 for people that actually listen to them at work.

I've obviously changed my station to a new alternative channel, but this is the first night and I'm hoping they don't have a talk show also.

So how do you wake up and what's your opinion on morning radio talk-shows.

The Newgrounds Revolution isn't a thing, quit being a pussy.

BBS Signature

Response to Your wake-up alarm 2015-09-08 23:21:44

I accidentally tuned mine to a radio station my alarm doesn't pick up so I wake up to static every morning. I'm too lazy to change it.

"Plz don't call NASA on me I'm afraid of astronauts dude" - DJ-Ri (2015)

BBS Signature

Response to Your wake-up alarm 2015-09-08 23:24:10

At 9/8/15 11:21 PM, KillerSkull wrote: I accidentally tuned mine to a radio station my alarm doesn't pick up so I wake up to static every morning. I'm too lazy to change it.

Why exactly haven't you killed yourself out of insanity yet?

BBS Signature

Response to Your wake-up alarm 2015-09-08 23:27:39

At 9/8/15 11:24 PM, WahyaRanger2 wrote:
At 9/8/15 11:21 PM, KillerSkull wrote: I accidentally tuned mine to a radio station my alarm doesn't pick up so I wake up to static every morning. I'm too lazy to change it.
Why exactly haven't you killed yourself out of insanity yet?

Well, my alarm starts off soft and gradually gets louder. So at first it actually sounds like a waterfall. Once it gets loud and becomes annoying static I shut that thing off immediately. It's basically a running joke that only I'm in on.

"Plz don't call NASA on me I'm afraid of astronauts dude" - DJ-Ri (2015)

BBS Signature

Response to Your wake-up alarm 2015-09-08 23:30:18

At 9/8/15 11:27 PM, KillerSkull wrote: It's basically a running joke that only I'm in on.

*laugh track*

At 9/8/15 11:27 PM, Entice wrote: I don't really see how that would work because I could easily fall back asleep if there was just music playing instead of an alarm

Each their own I guess.

BBS Signature

Response to Your wake-up alarm 2015-09-08 23:30:54

Ecchi first, ask questions never.

BBS Signature

Response to Your wake-up alarm 2015-09-08 23:31:00

Alarms are for losers.

I wake up at 6:30 am sharp every morning by myself and I have never used an alarm.

Latest TCs

I mainly focus on WPac and NATL basin.

Response to Your wake-up alarm 2015-09-08 23:36:03

At 9/8/15 11:31 PM, Sobolev wrote: Alarms are for losers.

I wake up at 6:30 am sharp every morning by myself and I have never used an alarm.

You want a fucking blowjob?

BBS Signature

Response to Your wake-up alarm 2015-09-08 23:38:17

At 9/8/15 11:31 PM, Sobolev wrote: Alarms are for losers.

Same here. But if I'm not actually motivated to get up I'll fall back to sleep for thirty minutes.

C-can I get that blowjob? No teeth pls.

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to Your wake-up alarm 2015-09-08 23:40:37

No, I just wake up to that retched sound.

"Ya'll can kiss my ass" - James Allen "Red Dog"

Sig by illicit.

Are you bored and have nothing to do? Then click this!

BBS Signature

Response to Your wake-up alarm 2015-09-08 23:42:21

I understand if you have to use one for work, but do you use one on your days off, if so, you're weird.

BBS Signature

Response to Your wake-up alarm 2015-09-08 23:42:31

At 9/8/15 11:38 PM, Chdonga wrote: C-can I get that blowjob? No teeth pls.

Someday, buddy, someday.

*pan out to sunset*

BBS Signature

Response to Your wake-up alarm 2015-09-08 23:48:48

At 9/8/15 11:42 PM, Avery wrote: but do you use one on your days off, if so, you're weird.

No.

BBS Signature

Response to Your wake-up alarm 2015-09-09 00:37:40

My usual alarm (which I gotta set tonight, thanks OP!) is Dire Dire Docks from Super Mario 64. I'm usually such a light sleeper that really soft music wakes me up and so I don't shit my bed first thing in the morning from getting startled.

And morning talk shows are, from what I've listened to, boring and uninteresting.

Tsukino Usagi of the NG /a/ {Sig by cast}

A ninja may be fast, but my dick is faster.

BBS Signature

Response to Your wake-up alarm 2015-09-09 00:47:09

I need alarms every day for meds. Of course they also wake me up. 6:30 AM, 7 AM and 7 PM. All with T-Mobile's "Over the Horizon" ringtone. It's not a fun existence, but it's my existence.

Former iron fist mod of the NG Featureless Chat from May 23, 2012 to May 4, 2014.

NYC Meet 2010 | NYC Meet 2011 | NYC Meet 2013

BBS Signature

Response to Your wake-up alarm 2015-09-09 00:47:28

I dislike morning talk shows, myself. As for my alarm, I used to get up with the alarm that came with the Nintendo DS. It works so well that I now feel physically ill whenever I hear a similar sound (I hate getting up in the morning, and the alarm was very jarring). Now I use a catchy song that came with my cell phone, and I place the phone across the room. It's a much softer, more pleasant way to wake up, it wakes me up as well as the DS alarm, and the song doesn't kill me. It's a win-win.

I scream! You scream! We all scream for ice cream!

Response to Your wake-up alarm 2015-09-09 08:02:47

At 9/8/15 11:15 PM, WahyaRanger2 wrote: My favorite station is 103.3 The Edge, which basically just plays alternative, rock, and shit like that, music I like, or at least tolerate.

they have good music on 4625 kHz, (if you have a shortwave radio....)

and one and two and three...

TOM ON BOAAAAAAAAAAARD.

Response to Your wake-up alarm 2015-09-09 08:09:30

My alarm has the generic "honk" sound. But I usually fortunate enough to wake up slightly before the alarm goes off by my own.

It's always nice to wake up when your body tells you too.

This is where I wrote something funny

BBS Signature

Response to Your wake-up alarm 2015-09-09 09:07:26

At 9/9/15 12:33 AM, Xenomit wrote: I don't have an alarm.

I work from 2 to 11 every day,

No offense, it's cool that you like it, but I couldn't do shit with my day before 2 o'clock.

What days off do you get.

BBS Signature

Response to Your wake-up alarm 2015-09-09 10:13:29

At 9/9/15 12:47 AM, GoryBlizzard wrote: I need alarms every day for meds. Of course they also wake me up. 6:30 AM, 7 AM and 7 PM. All with T-Mobile's "Over the Horizon" ringtone. It's not a fun existence, but it's my existence.

What kind of meds are you on? Heart meds or something?

This is a song about death. It's on mandolin.

Hate is the first step to all solutions.

You will not end bigotry until you learn to hate it.

BBS Signature

Response to Your wake-up alarm 2015-09-09 10:25:03

At 9/9/15 10:13 AM, FUNKbrs wrote: What kind of meds are you on? Heart meds or something?

Seizure meds. I'll continue to be on them for either many years or forever.

Former iron fist mod of the NG Featureless Chat from May 23, 2012 to May 4, 2014.

BBS Signature

Response to Your wake-up alarm 2015-09-09 11:28:58

At 9/9/15 10:25 AM, GoryBlizzard wrote:
At 9/9/15 10:13 AM, FUNKbrs wrote: What kind of meds are you on? Heart meds or something?
Seizure meds. I'll continue to be on them for either many years or forever.

Why do you have to take them within half an hour in the morning?

Build-up in your system?

BBS Signature

Response to Your wake-up alarm 2015-09-09 11:31:10

At 9/9/15 11:28 AM, WahyaRanger2 wrote: Why do you have to take them within half an hour in the morning?

Build-up in your system?

Pretty much. I've gotten sick every time I took Keppra and Lamictal in one sitting.

BBS Signature

Response to Your wake-up alarm 2015-09-09 11:34:11

At 9/9/15 11:31 AM, GoryBlizzard wrote: Pretty much. I've gotten sick every time I took Keppra and Lamictal in one sitting.

Gotcha, sorry to hear.

Hey who was that other dude that was having seizures and whatever happened to him?

We've lost some users in the past 6 months.

BBS Signature

Response to Your wake-up alarm 2015-09-09 13:16:27

I have the best alarm clock ever.

It is an app for Android operating systems, so it is not available to everyone.

It can be set to use a randomly selected song from a playlist, a specific song, ringtones, or just loud beeping.

To turn it off, it may be set to require the completion of math problems, with many controls, changing the snooze and start-up behaviors to your preferences.

Alarm Clock Xtreme

For when you really need to wake the fuck up and be sure it happens.

Response to Your wake-up alarm 2015-09-09 13:35:31

I have an alarm clock next to my bed, and my phone to wake me up, each with two alarms 15 minutes apart in case I go back to sleep. That's a total of four alarms.

The morning talk show radio thing though? It's interesting to hear odd news stories come up now and then, so it's worth listening to when I head to work in early mornings.

Top medal point users (updated Sundays) | Wi/Ht member #43

Steam ID

BBS Signature

Response to Your wake-up alarm 2015-09-10 00:46:36

I often choose the most annoying sounding ringtone on my cellphone as my wake up alarm