00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ruthless3r just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Looking for music vocalist for game

1,107 Views | 6 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

So I am wanting to experiment around with vocals. So I need someone who's talented. Not very talented. So the kind of vocals I'm wanting to have are just ones that don't use a lot of vibrato. More just keeping the right pitch. Nothing fancy. To give an idea I'm looking for here's some example tracks. (I will personally mix down the vocals and master them.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjAoBKagWQA (not the best singer but very ambiotic and SIMPLE.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMiVeLTwQeo

please listen all the way through to get the idea.

Here is my track if you want a feel of the music.
Track

If anyone is interested please let me know.

NOTE:
This is an experimentation for me and I will decide if it sounds better or not with or without vocals. I wont really be judging the vocal but by if it fits with the track. I guess that's kinda judging it. IDK

REQUIREMENTS:
You're talent.
Actual recording mic (No computer headsets please)

If all goes well it will be added to the video game. There will be no compensation but credit where credit is due.

Response to Looking for music vocalist for game 2014-09-12 14:41:45

There doesn't seem to be a description with lyrics in it... have you written lyrics for this thing?

Also, what's the game about?

Response to Looking for music vocalist for game 2014-09-12 15:00:40

I could give it a try if you give me lyrics and perhaps a melody too.
Also I'd agree for you to use my vocals on the condition that you let me hear the mix before it is published and I get final say if I like the way you mixed them. It's nothing personal, I just don't want people to have the wrong opinion of my vocals if someone else mixes them in the wrong way.

Rocker, Composer and World Ambassador for Foxes! Veteran REAPER user. Ready to rock! :)

BBS Signature

Response to Looking for music vocalist for game 2014-09-13 09:15:15

At 9/12/14 02:41 PM, Troisnyx wrote: There doesn't seem to be a description with lyrics in it... have you written lyrics for this thing?

Also, what's the game about?
At 9/12/14 03:00 PM, MetalRenard wrote: I could give it a try if you give me lyrics and perhaps a melody too.
Also I'd agree for you to use my vocals on the condition that you let me hear the mix before it is published and I get final say if I like the way you mixed them. It's nothing personal, I just don't want people to have the wrong opinion of my vocals if someone else mixes them in the wrong way.
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/586324

lyrics have not been written yet. I thought it would be better if I worked with a vocalist on them. (will also get credited). Yes you will have the final say if you like it or not. (Should have said that) This game is a horror game about sleep and nightmares. Monsters are in the would with hellish like alternate reality like Silent Hill.

Response to Looking for music vocalist for game 2014-09-13 09:35:13

At 9/13/14 09:15 AM, peronmls wrote: lyrics have not been written yet. I thought it would be better if I worked with a vocalist on them. (will also get credited). Yes you will have the final say if you like it or not. (Should have said that) This game is a horror game about sleep and nightmares. Monsters are in the would with hellish like alternate reality like Silent Hill.

Ooooh I can do horror. Oh yes. I have a dark side. n_n I can go low and gravelly for the scary bits or to harmonise with the higher lead bit to add a dark quality to it. My normal range is around C3 but I can go down to E2 and up to F4.

Rocker, Composer and World Ambassador for Foxes! Veteran REAPER user. Ready to rock! :)

BBS Signature

Response to Looking for music vocalist for game 2014-09-13 09:38:09

BBS Signature

Response to Looking for music vocalist for game 2014-09-13 09:54:42

At 9/13/14 09:15 AM, peronmls wrote:
lyrics have not been written yet. I thought it would be better if I worked with a vocalist on them. (will also get credited). Yes you will have the final say if you like it or not. (Should have said that) This game is a horror game about sleep and nightmares. Monsters are in the would with hellish like alternate reality like Silent Hill.

Then, I wonder if these vocals might suit the piece...