00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Bitommy762 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Ultimate Simpsons Marathon

3,921 Views | 68 Replies

Response to The Ultimate Simpsons Marathon 2014-09-01 17:56:43

At 9/1/14 05:52 PM, stafffighter wrote: The episode that's on right now "Married to the Blob" is one I think shows that the spark is still there. Comic book guy gets with a manga artist, allowing for comic book and magna jokes, the changing face of nerdom and even a scene tributing studieo ghibli. I think this is good I googled the name of studio ghibli instead of doing a stream of consciousness joke about not caring enough to do it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Married_to_the_Blob

Now that the marathon's almost over, we can now focus on the episodes that are going to be happening next season. Not only will The Simpsons be crossing over with Family Guy AND Futurama, one prolific character is dying off and the family interacts directly with Kang and Kodos in a non-Treehouse of Horror episode for the entirety of the show. All in all, I'm pretty excited for this season, even if it's a little gimmicky.

I'd rather die a Wolf fighting against the Herder, than die a Sheep heading for the slaughter.

AVGN Fan Club. - The Culturally Diverse Crew - The Carnivorous Crew

BBS Signature

Response to The Ultimate Simpsons Marathon 2014-09-01 18:02:32

At 9/1/14 02:51 PM, Ragnarokia wrote:
At 9/1/14 02:42 PM, Sense-Offender wrote:
At 9/1/14 02:34 PM, Ragnarokia wrote: Didn't really care for the first series, but a bit after the start I grew into it and then eventually it was meh.
You got a problem with black Smithers, don't you? Racist.
Got a problem with crap entertainment value. Some rubbish camping trip in an oversized caravan and it got screwed up in some way and stuff happened and I couldn't have any less interest even as a child.

Plus Homer's voice in that first season is just painful to listen to. It'd be like Bart having a black man's voice. Just doesn't fit at all.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to The Ultimate Simpsons Marathon 2014-09-01 18:04:11

At 9/1/14 05:56 PM, Knights wrote:

Now that the marathon's almost over, we can now focus on the episodes that are going to be happening next season. Not only will The Simpsons be crossing over with Family Guy AND Futurama, one prolific character is dying off and the family interacts directly with Kang and Kodos in a non-Treehouse of Horror episode for the entirety of the show. All in all, I'm pretty excited for this season, even if it's a little gimmicky.

I think the trick with something that's been on as long as the simpsons is that you have to look at continuity more like you would a comic book series than a t.v show. You have to allow for updates and fudges and, at times, gimmicks
I wanted to highlight the one that was on at the time because I felt that it was an example of the show still being good. I realize it's not nostalgia, it's least season.

I have nothing against people who can use pot and lead a productive life. It's these sanctimonius hippies that make me wish I was a riot cop in the 60's

BBS Signature

Response to The Ultimate Simpsons Marathon 2014-09-06 10:32:12

At 9/1/14 02:31 PM, Sense-Offender wrote:
At 9/1/14 09:16 AM, SithCorduroy wrote: Thank God South Park: Bigger, Longer, and Uncut got made so early in the shows run.
Back when the show was still funny.

I disagree. Trey Parker and Matt Stone said that they resent the first three seasons of the show and that was when the movie came out, although I don't know if they personally don't like their own movie.

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

Response to The Ultimate Simpsons Marathon 2014-09-06 10:38:51

yay! we get to see a father who does dumb shit from time to time devolved into a retarded manchild

BBS Signature

Response to The Ultimate Simpsons Marathon 2014-09-06 12:14:02

At 9/6/14 10:32 AM, Ericho wrote:
At 9/1/14 09:16 AM, SithCorduroy wrote: Thank God South Park: Bigger, Longer, and Uncut got made so early in the shows run.
I disagree. Trey Parker and Matt Stone said that they resent the first three seasons of the show and that was when the movie came out, although I don't know if they personally don't like their own movie.

I think the reason you keep hearing things like this is that anyone like this who lives and grows along with their creation is going to end up hyper critical of their early stuff, no matter how objectively "good" it may be.

I have nothing against people who can use pot and lead a productive life. It's these sanctimonius hippies that make me wish I was a riot cop in the 60's

BBS Signature

Response to The Ultimate Simpsons Marathon 2014-09-06 12:59:31

At 9/6/14 10:32 AM, Ericho wrote:

Well the early seasons weren't the best they did, but it they were still pretty amusing. It beats the fuck out of the last several years of episodes.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to The Ultimate Simpsons Marathon 2014-09-07 09:35:19

Well, this marathon has finally ended and I didn't get to watch any of it. I couldn't help but think that the recent Family Guy/Simpsons crossover was done as a sort of celebration of the show, not that most of us like "Family Guy" anyway. Weird, Trey Parker and Matt Stone said they received phone calls from people at "The Simpsons" saying they hated FG even more than Parker and Stone do, but they still agreed to this. Did they change their minds?

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

Response to The Ultimate Simpsons Marathon 2014-09-07 15:56:43

At 9/6/14 12:34 PM, SithCorduroy wrote: Sideshow Bob marathon tomorrow on FXX.

The whole Sideshow Bob thing is getting kinda old. Doesn't help that it peaked in season 5 with Cape Feare. None of the Sideshow Bob episodes after that have been as good.

And he always manages to trick somebody into thinking he's changed his ways. How dumb are people in Springfield? How many crimes does he have to commit before they wise up.

He even managed to trick Lisa the last time he appeared. Isn't she supposed to be the smart one?

The FXX Graphics uses The Homer Flip Song. the Production Music for seasons from 1992-2005 use music from Bruton Music, MasterSource and Firstcom. the games are pretty good as well though hit and run was tricky to beat. the Bart's Butterfinger Ads should have ran for that marathon. the sideshow bob marathon starts right now. sometimes sideshow bob does get along in some episodes.

BBS Signature