00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

809118566 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Update to Newgrounds Chat Ideas!

5,430 Views | 95 Replies

Update to Newgrounds Chat Ideas! 2014-03-27 14:31:16

Newgrounds Featureless Chat: No new features, ever!

Well that's about to change and your ideas could make the difference. For those who love to use the Newgrounds Chat, surely there are some things that could be done to make it better. Here is a chance for you THE HUMBLE USER to put forth your ideas.

Let's make the featureless chat A FULL FEATURE!

Response to Update to Newgrounds Chat Ideas! 2014-03-27 14:33:42

or we could stay on the forums.. where its not children just babbling on and you can follow a conversation instead of chasing a post by someone

BBS Signature

Response to Update to Newgrounds Chat Ideas! 2014-03-27 15:00:15

The featureless chat should at minimum remain featureless and at best burn in five fires.

IMHO

Response to Update to Newgrounds Chat Ideas! 2014-03-27 15:29:02

Just delete the damn thing.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to Update to Newgrounds Chat Ideas! 2014-03-27 15:53:01

demod and ban gory

gaydemocrat: i just found a seed in my dope

gaydemocrat: this is a fucking outrage

BBS Signature

Response to Update to Newgrounds Chat Ideas! 2014-03-27 15:55:47

Here's an idea,

Tell a user that you are actually banning them and for how long in the chat room just before banning them so banned users don't bounce from one chat mods pm to another trying to find out why they are banned and for how long just because someone forgot to unban when they felt they should.

Also don't ban users sneakily like a cunt making it look like the only logged in chat mod who was active in the discussion at the time did it. You cowardly fuck.

To the users, one simple rule as always, don't be a dick.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to Update to Newgrounds Chat Ideas! 2014-03-27 16:00:17

At 3/27/14 03:55 PM, Gagsy wrote: Here's an idea, demod and ban gory

but i said this already

gaydemocrat: i just found a seed in my dope

gaydemocrat: this is a fucking outrage

BBS Signature

Response to Update to Newgrounds Chat Ideas! 2014-03-27 16:04:03

I don't understand how so many people hate the chat, I mean of course you're going to hate the chat, it's a joke feature. But you'd have to be blind if you didn't see the potential in it.

We could really use some extra chat rooms like the BBS has different forums, something like an animation chat room and a politics chat room, because at the moment you'll have 2-4 people talking about football and then someone else will jump in, "HEY FUCK YOUR CONVERSATION. ISLAM CHAT TIME."

First blood! First topic of 2010!

KC Green has just won my heart.

Kogey made a sig, but it was too much for me to handle.

BBS Signature

Response to Update to Newgrounds Chat Ideas! 2014-03-27 16:10:07

What?

Uh, no. Leave it the fuck the way it is.

Except maybe making names link to profiles.

That's IT, though.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Update to Newgrounds Chat Ideas! 2014-03-27 16:19:08

ban gory's ass.

Response to Update to Newgrounds Chat Ideas! 2014-03-27 16:24:07

Give the User of the Day the ability to write in size 96 text for a that day.

BBS Signature

Response to Update to Newgrounds Chat Ideas! 2014-03-27 16:25:23

A 'Poo' button should be added. When you press it, a picture of poo is sent to everyone in the chat

BBS Signature

Response to Update to Newgrounds Chat Ideas! 2014-03-27 16:43:00

NG chat is okay. I don't use it myself.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Update to Newgrounds Chat Ideas! 2014-03-27 16:44:21

Demod everyone except Gory cause all the other chat mods and users are nerd virgin losers and they need the guidance of a cool dude

Response to Update to Newgrounds Chat Ideas! 2014-03-27 17:04:33

At 3/27/14 04:04 PM, Rad wrote: I don't understand how so many people hate the chat, I mean of course you're going to hate the chat, it's a joke feature. But you'd have to be blind if you didn't see the potential in it.

We could really use some extra chat rooms like the BBS has different forums, something like an animation chat room and a politics chat room, because at the moment you'll have 2-4 people talking about football and then someone else will jump in, "HEY FUCK YOUR CONVERSATION. ISLAM CHAT TIME."

It's often the same people using the chat room and the BBS! Yet... the BBS is fine, while the chat room is "just children babbling on" and should "at best burn in five fires".

Hmmm...

I have no ideas. I agree with our Gags'.

BBS Signature

Response to Update to Newgrounds Chat Ideas! 2014-03-27 17:37:33

At 3/27/14 02:39 PM, Satan wrote:
At 3/27/14 02:31 PM, The-Great-One wrote: Well that's about to change
No it isn't.

the people can only hope

Response to Update to Newgrounds Chat Ideas! 2014-03-31 00:39:11

At 3/27/14 05:37 PM, FRAYDO wrote:
At 3/27/14 02:39 PM, Satan wrote:
At 3/27/14 02:31 PM, The-Great-One wrote: Well that's about to change
No it isn't.
the people can only hope

Hope no more! This is being taken very seriously!

Response to Update to Newgrounds Chat Ideas! 2014-03-31 01:42:59

The only n****s who want to "ban" any sort of "mod" are people who don't want to be civil.

The only N****s (Necros, by the way... Warhammer reference much ;3) who get banned either spampost (accidentally, in my case; I DIDN'T KNOW NINE POSTS IN A ROW EQUATED TO AN AUTOBAN AND GOT LUCKY TO BE REINSTATED) or, as it were, are dumbfuck retards who are, well, in the category of "ought never to post again."

Also, the glory of the chat is that we can disagree fervently, violently and slightly more in person, IMMEDIATELY!

However, these sorts of things are rather well better kept to well thought out discourses of private messages.

But moderating a chatboard is hard fucking work and I respect, not because I've done or understand fully the work of those who do it, but because I look at it and say "oh god no..."

Because I would either be a c*** (Crab, jeez...) or just ban everyone with a lack of ability to discuss intelligently. No, I do not want to be a mod..

In light of these things, I respect and appreciate not only the coolness, levelheadedness and experience of the mods that are now currently employed to do this job, but their ability to determine whether or not the things going on and/or the people participating are necessarily worth the imposition of administrative action...

Thank you mods, y'all have, honestly, banned my ass when I was stupid (and over the course of nine years I have been STOOPID), and not fucked with me when I tried to legitimately convey a point without being dumb enough to flame :)

NGMartial Arts Club Are you Man...

MUSIC | or a little, dying cosmic whore...

Speak with your actions, come from your core.

BBS Signature

Response to Update to Newgrounds Chat Ideas! 2014-03-31 01:52:19

I suggest putting all the moderators in the pit of mystery.

Update to Newgrounds Chat Ideas!

Response to Update to Newgrounds Chat Ideas! 2014-03-31 02:11:47

Have all the features cat does.

have the ban system be closer to the forums

have a way to tell who's a chat mod or not

option to a send button or not

Get lyrically fit!!!!

Props to Embr for putting my sig into shape!!!

BBS Signature

Response to Update to Newgrounds Chat Ideas! 2014-03-31 03:05:36

Also nudes on request.

BBS Signature

Response to Update to Newgrounds Chat Ideas! 2014-03-31 06:37:40

At 3/31/14 05:40 AM, Conal wrote: Here's an idea; bring me back. It's been months.

Why are you banned?

BBS Signature

Response to Update to Newgrounds Chat Ideas! 2014-03-31 06:48:18

At 3/31/14 06:45 AM, Conal wrote:
Guilty by association, when the chat was flooded.

Thats like putting someone in prison because their friend robbed a bank.

I'd say you've long since served your time.

BBS Signature

Response to Update to Newgrounds Chat Ideas! 2014-03-31 07:12:43

I don't understand why Gory gets so much hate. It's been a while since I was active in the chat, but I never remember him banning anyone unfairly.

Back to the topic, I'd like a feature where I can click on a user's name to add their name to the beginning of my message. This would make addressing other users a little bit faster, especially when the chat is moving quickly.

Response to Update to Newgrounds Chat Ideas! 2014-03-31 08:16:30

At 3/31/14 06:48 AM, Gagsy wrote:
At 3/31/14 06:45 AM, Conal wrote: Guilty by association, when the chat was flooded.
Thats like putting someone in prison because their friend robbed a bank.

To be fair, the reason in the ban log is spamming the chat with alts, including one posing as Gory, and stuff like "I have an idea. Multiple alts leaving death threats on Gory's submissions, but one alt reports them all. That alt gets Diety whistle." and "How about we put like a picture of puppies up on the BBS, claiming if someone doesn't DeMod gory, we'll kill one".

Granted, Gory shouldn't be handing out perma-bans like this, since this is absolute control about who can use/not use the chat, and (given the circumstances for the ban) I doubt Conal is going to meekly apologise to him. But I wouldn't say Conal was spotless, either.

BBS Signature

Response to Update to Newgrounds Chat Ideas! 2014-03-31 08:31:32

At 3/31/14 08:16 AM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote:
Granted, Gory shouldn't be handing out perma-bans like this, since this is absolute control about who can use/not use the chat, and (given the circumstances for the ban) I doubt Conal is going to meekly apologise to him. But I wouldn't say Conal was spotless, either.

Oh I know and I've already spoken to him about his actual flooding. However, people make mistakes. Conal is one of the more active users in the room, keeping it alive in its dullest hour and never before has broken any rules, someone like him should be receiving more a slap on the wrist, not a perma-ban, which is why I'm stepping in. Of course I have warned him that I myself will be coming down heavy should he step out of line, and hell know no fury. What else needs to be said?

BBS Signature

Response to Update to Newgrounds Chat Ideas! 2014-03-31 17:14:43

At 3/31/14 01:52 AM, Darthdenim wrote: I suggest putting all the moderators in the pit of mystery.

Not til you dive down there yourself.
Head first.

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Update to Newgrounds Chat Ideas! 2014-03-31 17:17:59

At 3/31/14 05:14 PM, Viper wrote:
At 3/31/14 01:52 AM, Darthdenim wrote: I suggest putting all the moderators in the pit of mystery.
Not til you dive down there yourself.
Head first.

Oh man, why is everyone riding me today?

Response to Update to Newgrounds Chat Ideas! 2014-03-31 23:21:52

okay!

+ click on a username and go to their profile
+ <user> has entered the chat
+ identify chat mods
+ option for emphasis

Response to Update to Newgrounds Chat Ideas! 2014-04-01 14:14:55

A lot of people are quite split on the chat huh?