00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

KI1 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Post your Weather!

51,529 Views | 650 Replies

Response to Post your Weather! 2018-03-02 17:16:12

Got a small snow storm here, and of course I didn't get notice of closed school and work until after I started off.

I went barely 15 mph on highway and could still feel my car slipping, so I had to spend an hour finding my way back because all the normal routes where closed.

I guess it's a bad idea to brave a snow storm in a tiny ford focus sports model. Lucky my car wasn't damaged at all. I'm also not dead.

Response to Post your Weather! 2018-03-02 17:45:52

At 3/2/18 05:16 PM, Heretic-Anchorite wrote: I'm also not dead.

Hah, that's what you think!

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Post your Weather! 2018-03-02 18:14:22 (edited 2018-03-02 18:14:30)

At 3/2/18 05:45 PM, Painbringer wrote:
At 3/2/18 05:16 PM, Heretic-Anchorite wrote: I'm also not dead.
Hah, that's what you think!

NANI!?

Response to Post your Weather! 2018-03-06 21:33:15

I'm watching the Weather Channel and they are losing their shit. Apparently Massachusetts is getting like 2 feet of snow. @evark if you need a place to stay, I just took cupcakes outta the oven.

| It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose|||Love belongs to Desire, and Desire is always cruel.||||

BBS Signature

Response to Post your Weather! 2018-03-07 01:32:13

Weather was actually nice out today you can see my renier clear as day today it was in the high 30s though

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature

Response to Post your Weather! 2018-03-07 12:45:54

At 3/6/18 09:33 PM, MissChosenOne wrote: I'm watching the Weather Channel and they are losing their shit. Apparently Massachusetts is getting like 2 feet of snow. @evark if you need a place to stay, I just took cupcakes outta the oven.

Damnit, I don't even think the office will be closed tomorrow. They moved the rain/snow line just west of the city now. I think my apartment is good for 2inches of snow, tops.

Do I need to be in a blizzard to take you up on that cupcake offer?

BBS Signature

Response to Post your Weather! 2018-03-07 13:24:58

At 3/7/18 12:45 PM, Evark wrote: Damnit, I don't even think the office will be closed tomorrow. They moved the rain/snow line just west of the city now. I think my apartment is good for 2inches of snow, tops.

Do I need to be in a blizzard to take you up on that cupcake offer?

I ended up making like 50 more than I needed.

Oreo flavor.

PLEASE come eat them!

| It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose|||Love belongs to Desire, and Desire is always cruel.||||

BBS Signature

Response to Post your Weather! 2018-03-07 15:02:46

At 3/7/18 01:24 PM, MissChosenOne wrote:

Oreo flavor.

PLEASE come eat them!

Now I want a Blizzard from Dairy Queen AND oreo cupcakes.

This is a song about death. It's on mandolin.

Hate is the first step to all solutions.

You will not end bigotry until you learn to hate it.

BBS Signature

Response to Post your Weather! 2018-03-07 15:10:52

At 3/7/18 03:02 PM, FUNKbrs wrote:
At 3/7/18 01:24 PM, MissChosenOne wrote:

Oreo flavor.

PLEASE come eat them!
Now I want a Blizzard from Dairy Queen AND oreo cupcakes.

You can have both.

BBS Signature

Response to Post your Weather! 2018-03-07 15:27:54

Pretty nice day in my neck of the woods actually.

Post your Weather!

Response to Post your Weather! 2018-03-11 18:27:15

It's been 59 today that's the warmest it's been all year here in the state of Washington

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature

Response to Post your Weather! 2018-03-11 20:59:24

O Canada

Post your Weather!

BBS Signature

Response to Post your Weather! 2018-03-12 08:45:31

All gray and melting away today... two weeks of refreshingly white winter come to an end...

The latest: Hexa #97 (May)

BBS Signature

Response to Post your Weather! 2018-03-12 09:13:30

Freezing temperatures with moderate, steady snowfall. After several days of bright sunshine and pale blue skies, it seems especially overcast, dreary, and colorless.

Response to Post your Weather! 2018-03-13 12:35:44

Not my weather, but appreciated

Post your Weather!

BBS Signature

Response to Post your Weather! 2018-03-13 15:37:35

Yesterday felt like summer..

That's 68 Fahrenheit, yo!

Post your Weather!

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Post your Weather! 2018-03-17 05:50:11 (edited 2018-03-17 05:52:46)

A cold front is forecast to move across the coastal area of China two to three days later.
The leading edge of the cold front will produce some thunderstorms and showers. But why? It is often mentioned in television broadcast that cold air lifts warm air upwards as a cold front moves closer, thus generating unstable weather. But this is not the whole picture.

The picture below is the forecast sounding generated by the GFS model. It shows the temperature and wind profile (with height) at a location.

How to interpret the sounding:

1. Saturation: First the green line represents the dew point temperature, whereas the red one is the forecast temperature. Low pressure values (in hPa) denotes higher altitudes. You should notice that the two lines are very close to each other, indicating high values of relative humidity. This is favorable for rainstorm activities.

2: Instability: As a general rule of thumb, if the air column is close to saturation, the air becomes unstable if the slope of the temperature plot is not as vertical as the purple line (especially when the red line lies to the left of the purple one)
The purple line is called the moist adiabatic lapse rate (MALR). A hypothetical saturated air parcel will evolve according to MALR. Thus, if MALR is steeper than temperature plot, the hypothetical air parcel will be warmer than surrounding air, and it will continue to rise upwards as just a hot air balloon does. This upward motion releases instability and may lead to thunderstorms.

3. Wind profile: Generally, warmer air is found on the equatorward side of a cold front. This gives an average westerly vertical shear across the front. Southerly winds near the surface transport warm air northward towards the front. This movement of warm air will force air to rise upward too (due to the Omega Equation). In addition, wind direction turns clockwise with height, which will also enhance upward motion by generating vorticity to support convection.

Other factors that reinforces storm activities (not shown) includes: presence of an upper level trough is present, presence of a strong convergence zone at lower levels, and whether the area concerned is near the entrance of a jet streak, etc.

Post your Weather!

Latest TCs

I mainly focus on WPac and NATL basin.

Response to Post your Weather! 2018-03-18 08:44:01

Tornadoes

BBS Signature

Response to Post your Weather! 2018-03-28 18:31:03

Tornadoes and flash flood warning at the moment.

BBS Signature

Response to Post your Weather! 2018-03-28 22:15:56

At 3/28/18 10:13 PM, Entice wrote: @brenbot weather Newgrounds

I couldn't get weather for the city "Newgrounds". 😞

Response to Post your Weather! 2018-04-07 09:06:26

We had tornadoes all night. I'm so tired.

I think I'll make some toaster pastries.

One of the tornadoes that hit our area last night :

Post your Weather!

BBS Signature

Response to Post your Weather! 2018-04-07 09:14:34

40s, rains.

"some people who believe they're smart do nothing but talk incessantly. if they didn't, how else would they let you know how smart they are?"

Response to Post your Weather! 2018-04-07 09:20:34

At 4/7/18 09:06 AM, SevenSeize wrote: We had tornadoes all night. I'm so tired.

I am starting to get envious of the strong cold front and the moisture from the Gulf.
It has been 3 months since the start of 2018. We still have nothing but fine weather. No major thunderstorms, no squall lines etc.. And it looks like it will stay that way for at least a month or two before we have the chance to be impacted by a tropical storm.

Latest TCs

Response to Post your Weather! 2018-04-07 09:33:20

At 4/7/18 09:20 AM, Sobolev wrote:
At 4/7/18 09:06 AM, SevenSeize wrote: We had tornadoes all night. I'm so tired.

I am starting to get envious of the strong cold front and the moisture from the Gulf.
It has been 3 months since the start of 2018. We still have nothing but fine weather. No major thunderstorms, no squall lines etc.. And it looks like it will stay that way for at least a month or two before we have the chance to be impacted by a tropical storm.

Oh, don't be envious, lol

We were under tornado warnings off and on until like 3 am. I got no sleep.

I actually went to my parents' house around 10 pm and stayed til midnight because one of the tornadoes was said to be EF3 or higher. It was huge and nearly destroyed the town it went through, so I went to my mom and dad's because they have a 3 story house, whereas mine is a good brick house, but only one story.

BBS Signature

Response to Post your Weather! 2018-04-07 10:16:35

Four days ago, the grass was out and some plants in the garden were budding out. Now we have eight inches of bullshit on the ground. It's the wet sticky crap too, so I had to break out the snowblower.

Flag stolen content, don't be a dingus.

BBS Signature

Response to Post your Weather! 2018-04-07 10:26:51

now it's snow, which isn't going to stick.

"some people who believe they're smart do nothing but talk incessantly. if they didn't, how else would they let you know how smart they are?"

Response to Post your Weather! 2018-04-07 10:28:12

At 4/7/18 09:33 AM, SevenSeize wrote:
so I went to my mom and dad's because they have a 3 story house, whereas mine is a good brick house, but only one story.

is that better? i'd think a shorter structure would be.

i don't know these things.

Response to Post your Weather! 2018-04-07 10:38:08

At 4/7/18 10:28 AM, billybobthwarten wrote:
At 4/7/18 09:33 AM, SevenSeize wrote:
so I went to my mom and dad's because they have a 3 story house, whereas mine is a good brick house, but only one story.
is that better? i'd think a shorter structure would be.

i don't know these things.

Well, they have a concrete room on the first floor.

It's better if you are on the first floor.

Generally, the larger the structure the better.

Consider when a huge tornado rolls through a town, the houses are gone, wiped off their slabs, but there may be remains of hotels or other multistory buildings.

My house 2600 sq ft

Their house is more like 4500

It's just more walls/material for the wind to get through, before getting to you

BBS Signature

Response to Post your Weather! 2018-04-07 10:48:27

At 4/7/18 10:38 AM, SevenSeize wrote:

i see. mass, build material, layers.

Response to Post your Weather! 2018-04-07 11:59:53

Wow, the slope above the capping inversion is very steep. Probably one of the steepest curves I have seen.
SWEAT index at 540 and total totals at 57. These figures are insane.

There is a huge potential for major tornadoes outbreak if low level lifting mechanism collaborates with daytime heating.

Post your Weather!

Latest TCs