00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

bbc4lunch just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Dragon ball Z: Battle of the Gods

16,893 Views | 78 Replies

Response to Dragon ball Z: Battle of the Gods 2013-03-31 21:38:06

At 3/23/13 12:38 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote:
At 3/16/13 06:16 PM, ultrafreak wrote:

Sorry guys but this is the real ssjg.... sorry
It still looks like a variation of kaioken.

Yea I was pissed too

Fucking gay as all shit kaioken copy cat as fuck "SSGJG"

Fuck the world man fuck the world. They could have gone so many different directions, so many possible transformations. No.

A flaming as fuck aura and in between SSJ1 and normal redish hair and eyes. WHHOOOO..... so amazingly godly. Fucking bullshit. The fans created better looking SSJG than the real movie.

My Youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/fuzzum1 11

If you get a ban, it was totally worth it. 10/10, I love you. -Skaren

BBS Signature

Response to Dragon ball Z: Battle of the Gods 2013-03-31 21:43:27

At 3/31/13 09:34 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote: Well, the movie is out and time will tell if it does well enough to justify a new series.

I seriously hope they don't make a new series after this.
If they do they'll have fans being all nitpicky and shit. I mean they were like that during the Cell Saga and even worse with Buu. And those weren't even going to be in the original series since it was supposed to end after Goku killed Frieza and Namek exploded.

Am I the only one who thinks the name of Bills' assistant and trainer, Wiss sounds kind of stupid?

Nah you're not alone on that one....

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Dragon ball Z: Battle of the Gods 2013-03-31 22:42:08

http://forums.boxoffice.com/index.php?/topic/9179-dragonball -z-battle-of-gods-2013/page-4

I don't know how reliable this is but if either report is true, the opening day gross can gave the movie a good shot of passing 32 USD, leading to a possible sequel.

Please subscribe

"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"

.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature

Response to Dragon ball Z: Battle of the Gods 2013-04-01 06:44:12

This looks so fucking stupid.

さあ時の扉を開けて行こうよ

BBS Signature

Response to Dragon ball Z: Battle of the Gods 2013-04-01 10:24:25

At 4/1/13 06:44 AM, simon wrote: This looks so fucking stupid.

I know, the SSJG looks nothing more than Goku's Kaioken in his SSJ mode in a filler episode when he was fighting against Pikkon. However, due to a time limit, Goku wasn't really able to maintain his SSJG mode for long but did managed to absorb the energy which is why he could still take on Bills in his SSJ1 mode.

He still lost however.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to Dragon ball Z: Battle of the Gods 2013-04-02 23:01:44

At 3/31/13 09:43 PM, Viper50 wrote:
At 3/31/13 09:34 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote: Well, the movie is out and time will tell if it does well enough to justify a new series.
I seriously hope they don't make a new series after this.
If they do they'll have fans being all nitpicky and shit. I mean they were like that during the Cell Saga and even worse with Buu. And those weren't even going to be in the original series since it was supposed to end after Goku killed Frieza and Namek exploded.

Let the idiots whine, as long a new series is made to cover all of the gods of destructions, I will enjoy it. Can't be as bad as GT at least.

Also it helped that the movie made enough money to have a shot at its goal.

Am I the only one who thinks the name of Bills' assistant and trainer, Wiss sounds kind of stupid?
Nah you're not alone on that one....

Just learned that it is one of Toriyama's puns, Wiss was whiskey.

I wonder if the most powerful god of destruction would be called "vodka"?

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to Dragon ball Z: Battle of the Gods 2013-04-02 23:20:04

At 4/2/13 11:01 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote: Let the idiots whine, as long a new series is made to cover all of the gods of destructions, I will enjoy it. Can't be as bad as GT at least.

Yeah...though I still don't like the Super Saiyan God. I mean....Super Saiyan 4 is still pretty bad. But they could have at least spent a little more time designing the SSJG form instead of making it look like another form of Kaioken.

Also it helped that the movie made enough money to have a shot at its goal.

Well thats good.

Just learned that it is one of Toriyama's puns, Wiss was whiskey.

I wonder if the most powerful god of destruction would be called "vodka"?

Haha who knows.

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Dragon ball Z: Battle of the Gods 2013-06-17 12:35:48

hey guys if you guys are really true dbz fans and want to see this movie in English dub as much as I do then I have a favor to ask you dbz fans. I know someone who is petitioning on change .org for funimation to dub dbz battle of the gods I English. I know you guys might think that since its a dbz movie and the whole franchise did so well(except for gt. I hate gt and that's why I want this movie to dub in englsih because it will be like gt never existed, kinda like an alternate universe) that it will get dubbed in English no matter what we do.

Response to Dragon ball Z: Battle of the Gods 2013-06-17 12:37:23

well but here's the thing. It may get to funimation faster and increase the chance of them dubbing it with the same cast that we love very dearly. Last I checked the petition had over 24000 signatures and only needs 25000 more to be valid and get sent to funimation So please if you guys want to help and are true dbz fans here is the ling you can go and sign the petition for, and is very easy and simple. It will literally and not exaggerating only takes you a minute. I finished in 50 seconds. I also know it may seem that 25000 is a lot but actually the site gets an average of over 100 signatures every single day. Here is the link folks https://www.change.org/petitions/funimat...gods-movie.

Response to Dragon ball Z: Battle of the Gods 2013-06-17 12:52:28

I'm surprised they are still trying to continue the story in some way.

That Scout is a Soldier!

BBS Signature

Response to Dragon ball Z: Battle of the Gods 2013-06-17 14:23:09

At 6/17/13 12:35 PM, animecraz wrote: hey guys if you guys are really true dbz fans and want to see this movie in English dub as much as I do then I have a favor to ask you dbz fans. I know someone who is petitioning on change .org for funimation to dub dbz battle of the gods I English. I know you guys might think that since its a dbz movie and the whole franchise did so well(except for gt. I hate gt and that's why I want this movie to dub in englsih because it will be like gt never existed, kinda like an alternate universe) that it will get dubbed in English no matter what we do.

Already signed it.
I really hope they're able to dub this. As much as I'm okay with subbed stuff I get distracted by them and and tend to sit there just reading the subs instead of actually watching the video.
Thats what happened when I watched Plan To Eradicate The Super Saiyans.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Dragon ball Z: Battle of the Gods 2013-06-17 15:36:18

DB was the best when it was called Dragon Ball, meaning before "Z", it had adventure, challenge, martial arts, comedy, and it was less predictable.
Dragon Ball Z was fun to the end of Frieza Saga (Even Akira Toriyama planned to end DBZ when Namek exploded, and Goku went missing in space)
The only exciting thing of Cell Saga, was Gohan's SSJ2 transformation, the only thing that I liked about Buu Saga was the very beginning when Majin Buu lived with Hercule, and when he went evil.
Most movies are bad too. GT was nearly complete shit, but it had a good ending.

In DBZ, it's pretty evident that Akira Toriyama starts getting ideas from Superman.(DBZ was never planned, so Goku, and King Piccolo/Piccolo were never considered aliens). Goku came from a doomed planet was one of the few remaining, he is approached by other survivors seeking to rule the planet Goku grew up in (What is this, General Zod again?). Goku's father was an important figure in Planet Vegeta, sent his kid to Earth, and predicted the doom of Vegeta (Wow really? Jor-El is one of the most important scientists of Krypton, predicted the doom of Krypton, and sent his kid to Earth). By the beginning of the Namek Saga, I was asking myself if it was the same series I was watching, because it went from monkey boy prodigy of Martial Arts that goes on adventures to save Earth and his planet, to Alien planet buster shoots a kamehameha and it's not even a big deal anymore, then the same plot formula started with "Oh no a new villains arrived, we got beaten, we trained, transformation, we take turns against the bad guy, and we win by just fighting, no clever plan involved". The title it self lost it's meaning, Dragon Balls were so easy to find now, they can fly, and find the Dragon Balls in seconds "Oh no Krillin died, good thing it's not as hard to revive him as the first time in Dragon Ball, we'll just gather the Dragon Balls in a matter of moments and yay Krillin lives again". The fights turned to complete patty-cake stuff, from the fights in the martial art tournament in the second season full of cool, diverse fighters and moves to everyone blasting the same energy attack with a different color scheme, and name, patty cake fights, and LOTS of screaming to grow more luscious blonde hair until it burns of your eyebrows (Looking at you SSJ3).

If there is gonna be another DB series, I'm hoping it involves new characters,martial arts, and actually about collection the Dragon Balls with effort. Not about some wanna-be Egyptian god wanting to fight Goku.

This is my badly made signature.

BBS Signature

Response to Dragon ball Z: Battle of the Gods 2013-06-17 15:44:53

At 6/17/13 03:36 PM, GoodFang wrote: nastalgiafag whining

Oh boy, here we go. Anything new sucks, and anything old is perfect in every way. Yeah, we get it. Fuck off.

So anyway, I'm a huge Dragon Ball fan, so much so that I thought Dragon Ball GT was good, despite what the nerds will preach until the end of fucking time. Look, the story is second to the action in a show like this. GT had great action scenes and fights, and the story was at least average, so that's good enough for me.

I haven't seen this movie yet, but I definitely want to. I've been desperate for anything dragon ball ever since Goku was shipped off into space in time at the end of GT. I know nerds and nastolgiafags will hate this movie; they hate anything new, no exception (unless it's a Mario game, go figure). Fortunately, I'm able to judge things on their own merits, which seems to be a lost art these days.

Response to Dragon ball Z: Battle of the Gods 2013-06-17 16:33:14

At 6/17/13 03:44 PM, OwnageGiy223 wrote:
At 6/17/13 03:36 PM, GoodFang wrote: nastalgiafag whining
Oh boy, here we go. Anything new sucks, and anything old is perfect in every way. Yeah, we get it. Fuck off.

So anyway, I'm a huge Dragon Ball fan, so much so that I thought Dragon Ball GT was good, despite what the nerds will preach until the end of fucking time. Look, the story is second to the action in a show like this. GT had great action scenes and fights, and the story was at least average, so that's good enough for me.

I haven't seen this movie yet, but I definitely want to. I've been desperate for anything dragon ball ever since Goku was shipped off into space in time at the end of GT. I know nerds and nastolgiafags will hate this movie; they hate anything new, no exception (unless it's a Mario game, go figure). Fortunately, I'm able to judge things on their own merits, which seems to be a lost art these days.

If I was a nostalgia fag, I wouldn't be a fan of the Episode of Bardock. Because at least that was interesting to see some Planet Vegeta past, and it wasn't just "BADGUY OMG PATTY CAKE WE LOST, LETS TRANE, WE CAME BACK TO TAKE TURNS KICKING UR ASS, AND VAPORIZE UR FACE WITH A BIG ENERGY ATTACK THAT I HAVE BEEN COOKING FOR QUITE SUM TIME". I rather watch Boy meets world than that crap. I'm not a nostalgiafag because I said something turned to shit, it's pretty evident it got out of control as DBZ progressed because Akira Toriyama had 1 week to pop out a new chapter of a story he didn't even plan to last even close to several hundreds of chapters. My favorite anime series are mostly all from 2000's.

This is my badly made signature.

BBS Signature

Response to Dragon ball Z: Battle of the Gods 2013-06-20 07:36:45

I agree. DB was better than DBZ.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Dragon ball Z: Battle of the Gods 2013-06-20 11:45:58

At 6/17/13 02:23 PM, Viper50 wrote:

Already signed it.
I really hope they're able to dub this. As much as I'm okay with subbed stuff I get distracted by them and and tend to sit there just reading the subs instead of actually watching the video.
Thats what happened when I watched Plan To Eradicate The Super Saiyans.

Yeah, I wouldn't say the VAs we loved but Schemmel have gotten better in dubbing Goku unlike over a decade ago when he sounded like he was constipated and forced. With that said, who do you think should dub Bills and Whis? I can see Whis sounding fruity like in the Japanese version.

Also, already there are people complaining about the series...

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to Dragon ball Z: Battle of the Gods 2013-06-20 12:49:30

At 6/20/13 11:45 AM, Idiot-Finder wrote: Yeah, I wouldn't say the VAs we loved but Schemmel have gotten better in dubbing Goku unlike over a decade ago when he sounded like he was constipated and forced.

I will admit he does sound better now as Goku than did before.

With that said, who do you think should dub Bills and Whis? I can see Whis sounding fruity like in the Japanese version.

So kinda like Zarbon then?

Already?
Also if they do end up making a new Dragonball series I wouldn't mind seeing a Super Saiyan 3 Vegeta. Ya know like the one in Raging Blast 2. Or them reviving Raditz or Bardock or something.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Dragon ball Z: Battle of the Gods 2013-06-20 13:04:34

At 6/20/13 12:49 PM, Viper50 wrote:

With that said, who do you think should dub Bills and Whis? I can see Whis sounding fruity like in the Japanese version.
So kinda like Zarbon then?

Yeah, pretty much that.

Funny thing is that in the Japanese DBZ, Zarbon was voiced by Aizen's VA...make of it what you will.

Already?

See the last few posts.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to Dragon ball Z: Battle of the Gods 2013-06-20 13:12:24

At 6/20/13 01:04 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote: Yeah, pretty much that.

Funny thing is that in the Japanese DBZ, Zarbon was voiced by Aizen's VA...make of it what you will.

Huh. Thats really weird. Now whenever I see Aizen I'm going to imagine him with Zarbon's voice ._.

See the last few posts.

Ah. Totally didn't see those to be honest.
I just kinda skimmed through to see if anyone mentioned the new Dragonball Z game.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature