Be a Supporter!

Dreams of Splendor Discussion

  • 7,197 Views
  • 240 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
stunkel
stunkel
  • Member since: Jul. 14, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Musician
Response to Dreams of Splendor Discussion Jan. 24th, 2013 @ 02:00 PM Reply

My song is almost done... I think I have filled in all of the parts and it's a full song! I just need to send the song to some people for feedback and see if they can pick up things my ears aren't.

However... there is a problem greater than any other that I have yet to face... Naming the song. DUN DUN DUN!

But seriously, I have had a blast working on this song, and I've been working on it since the day this contest came out. It's looking like the best song I have ever written, and I am excited to hear what everyone else's Best Song in the World will sound like!


Check out my pages!
Soundcloud Youtube Twitter Facebook

Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Member since: Dec. 11, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 33
Musician
Response to Dreams of Splendor Discussion Jan. 24th, 2013 @ 11:36 PM Reply

So... I finally have an idea of what I want to do... I even hooked up all my gear... to find out that I'm rusty as hell on guitar because I haven't picked it up in like 2 months.


Audio/BBS Mod
News: I want to write more metal... - Music: The Inevitability - Art: Kira
\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature
Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Member since: Dec. 11, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 33
Musician
Response to Dreams of Splendor Discussion Jan. 25th, 2013 @ 12:31 AM Reply

At 1/24/13 11:36 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: So... I finally have an idea of what I want to do... I even hooked up all my gear... to find out that I'm rusty as hell on guitar because I haven't picked it up in like 2 months.

... and then Miroslav Philharmonik refused to open, so I reinstalled it... to find out it wasn't opening because I wasn't running FL Studio as administrator (Which I didn't have to do a week ago)... Since I reinstalled it, I then had to reauthorize it... and now all my soundbanks need to be reinstalled... which are on my external HDD, and take about 2 hours to transfer... then another hour to install...

There goes all the motivation I had to work on my song tonight.


Audio/BBS Mod
News: I want to write more metal... - Music: The Inevitability - Art: Kira
\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature
Step
Step
  • Member since: Nov. 4, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 25
Musician
Response to Dreams of Splendor Discussion Jan. 25th, 2013 @ 12:37 AM Reply

At 1/25/13 12:31 AM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: ... and then Miroslav Philharmonik refused to open, so I reinstalled it... to find out it wasn't opening because I wasn't running FL Studio as administrator (Which I didn't have to do a week ago)... Since I reinstalled it, I then had to reauthorize it... and now all my soundbanks need to be reinstalled... which are on my external HDD, and take about 2 hours to transfer... then another hour to install...

...Oh quiet, you. You don't need all of that stuff anymore. You've got Omnisphere.


Review Request Club | PLEASE GIVE ME FEEDBACK ON THIS I BEG YOU | Formerly Supersteph54
I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for any Audio Portal-related help.

BBS Signature
Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Member since: Dec. 11, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 33
Musician
Response to Dreams of Splendor Discussion Jan. 25th, 2013 @ 12:41 AM Reply

At 1/25/13 12:37 AM, Step wrote:
At 1/25/13 12:31 AM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: ... and then Miroslav Philharmonik refused to open, so I reinstalled it... to find out it wasn't opening because I wasn't running FL Studio as administrator (Which I didn't have to do a week ago)... Since I reinstalled it, I then had to reauthorize it... and now all my soundbanks need to be reinstalled... which are on my external HDD, and take about 2 hours to transfer... then another hour to install...
...Oh quiet, you. You don't need all of that stuff anymore. You've got Omnisphere.

As awesome as Omnisphere is, I still need miroslav for what I want to do. But at this point, I'm almost willing to scrap this song idea and just do something I can do with Omnisphere instead... cause reinstalling all my soundbanks for miroslav will be a real pain in the ass.


Audio/BBS Mod
News: I want to write more metal... - Music: The Inevitability - Art: Kira
\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature
Braiton
Braiton
  • Member since: Dec. 21, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 29
Musician
Response to Dreams of Splendor Discussion Jan. 25th, 2013 @ 01:20 AM Reply

At 1/25/13 12:31 AM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: ...which are on my external HDD, and take about 2 hours to transfer... then another hour to install...

Can't you just take a nap while that shit installs itself?

Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Member since: Dec. 11, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 33
Musician
Response to Dreams of Splendor Discussion Jan. 25th, 2013 @ 02:06 AM Reply

At 1/25/13 01:20 AM, Braiton wrote:
At 1/25/13 12:31 AM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: ...which are on my external HDD, and take about 2 hours to transfer... then another hour to install...
Can't you just take a nap while that shit installs itself?

Inspiration is fleeting.


Audio/BBS Mod
News: I want to write more metal... - Music: The Inevitability - Art: Kira
\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature
BlazingDragon
BlazingDragon
  • Member since: Feb. 4, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Musician
Response to Dreams of Splendor Discussion Jan. 25th, 2013 @ 10:16 PM Reply

To my surprise, I'm going on a road trip tomorrow morning. I'll be driving to Las Vegas and Mexico with two of my brothers and won't be back until after the contest deadline. It looks like I won't be participating this time around.

Best of luck everyone; may the odds be ever in your favor.

ZipZipper
ZipZipper
  • Member since: Aug. 26, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Musician
Response to Dreams of Splendor Discussion Jan. 25th, 2013 @ 10:46 PM Reply

At 1/25/13 10:16 PM, BlazingDragon wrote: may the odds be ever in your favor.

...that's what I said!!!


BBS Signature
Bosa
Bosa
  • Member since: Dec. 19, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Musician
Response to Dreams of Splendor Discussion Jan. 26th, 2013 @ 08:11 PM Reply

At 1/25/13 10:16 PM, BlazingDragon wrote: To my surprise, I'm going on a road trip tomorrow morning. I'll be driving to Las Vegas and Mexico with two of my brothers and won't be back until after the contest deadline. It looks like I won't be participating this time around.

Best of luck everyone; may the odds be ever in your favor.

Just submit a midi..


Those that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength

BBS Signature
PeterSatera
PeterSatera
  • Member since: Jan. 29, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Dreams of Splendor Discussion Jan. 27th, 2013 @ 06:57 AM Reply

Please excuse this outburst.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUCK!


BBS Signature
Buoy
Buoy
  • Member since: May. 18, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 40
Musician
Response to Dreams of Splendor Discussion Jan. 27th, 2013 @ 11:16 AM Reply

I'm done ^o^ gonne listen to it over the next few days to do adjustments

and to strategically submit after the weekly tuesday zero-blitzkrieg
Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Member since: Dec. 11, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 33
Musician
Response to Dreams of Splendor Discussion Jan. 27th, 2013 @ 05:06 PM Reply

Was gonna work on my submission... now I'm working a split shift instead.

Dreams of Splendor Discussion


Audio/BBS Mod
News: I want to write more metal... - Music: The Inevitability - Art: Kira
\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature
Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Member since: Dec. 11, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 33
Musician
Response to Dreams of Splendor Discussion Jan. 27th, 2013 @ 11:43 PM Reply

At 1/27/13 05:06 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: Was gonna work on my submission... now I'm working a split shift instead.

Was gonna work on my submission after I finished my split shift... then I got called into work again because the newbies code didn't activate properly.

I fucking give up.


Audio/BBS Mod
News: I want to write more metal... - Music: The Inevitability - Art: Kira
\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature
SkyeWint
SkyeWint
  • Member since: Feb. 2, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Musician
Response to Dreams of Splendor Discussion Jan. 28th, 2013 @ 03:39 PM Reply

Hey. Everyone. I'm finally almost done with mine. It's shaping up to be one hell of an incredible song. Just working on making a kind of 'summary' of the song, then the climax before the final part.

How're you guys doing?


Stuff.

My AIM piece is found if you clicky the image.

BBS Signature
bassfiddlejones
bassfiddlejones
  • Member since: Nov. 5, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Musician
Response to Dreams of Splendor Discussion Jan. 28th, 2013 @ 03:52 PM Reply

At 1/28/13 03:39 PM, SkyeWintrest wrote: Hey. Everyone. I'm finally almost done with mine. It's shaping up to be one hell of an incredible song. Just working on making a kind of 'summary' of the song, then the climax before the final part.

How're you guys doing?

Not as done as I would like to be. >_<

Buoy
Buoy
  • Member since: May. 18, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 40
Musician
Response to Dreams of Splendor Discussion Jan. 28th, 2013 @ 03:53 PM Reply

At 1/28/13 03:39 PM, SkyeWintrest wrote: Hey. Everyone. I'm finally almost done with mine. It's shaping up to be one hell of an incredible song. Just working on making a kind of 'summary' of the song, then the climax before the final part.

So hey, how... how long is yours?

I've seen it earlier and it was a bit short, to be honest.

but I guess you've got it extended now now - it has shaped up, so to speak.

are you going to you show it in public for everyone to see soon?

and when does it climax?

SkyeWint
SkyeWint
  • Member since: Feb. 2, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Musician
Response to Dreams of Splendor Discussion Jan. 28th, 2013 @ 04:07 PM Reply

At 1/28/13 03:53 PM, Buoy wrote: So hey, how... how long is yours?

I've seen it earlier and it was a bit short, to be honest.

but I guess you've got it extended now now - it has shaped up, so to speak.

are you going to you show it in public for everyone to see soon?

and when does it climax?

Don't worry. It climaxes every time you do.


Stuff.

My AIM piece is found if you clicky the image.

BBS Signature
Bosa
Bosa
  • Member since: Dec. 19, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Musician
Response to Dreams of Splendor Discussion Jan. 28th, 2013 @ 08:52 PM Reply

At 1/27/13 11:43 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote:
At 1/27/13 05:06 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: Was gonna work on my submission... now I'm working a split shift instead.
Was gonna work on my submission after I finished my split shift... then I got called into work again because the newbies code didn't activate properly.

I fucking give up.

nononononono. YOU MUST SUBMIT


Those that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength

BBS Signature
Braiton
Braiton
  • Member since: Dec. 21, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 29
Musician
Response to Dreams of Splendor Discussion Jan. 28th, 2013 @ 09:41 PM Reply

Whew, I'm almost done with my submission, just gotta record a couple more instruments and mix and iron out everything.

Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Member since: Dec. 11, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 33
Musician
Response to Dreams of Splendor Discussion Jan. 29th, 2013 @ 12:05 AM Reply

At 1/28/13 08:52 PM, Bosa wrote:
At 1/27/13 11:43 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote:
At 1/27/13 05:06 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: Was gonna work on my submission... now I'm working a split shift instead.
Was gonna work on my submission after I finished my split shift... then I got called into work again because the newbies code didn't activate properly.

I fucking give up.
nononononono. YOU MUST SUBMIT

I didn't mean I give up in the sense that I'm not submitting, I meant I was giving up working on it that day, because every time I was gonna start working on it, work got in the way... And it kinda did today as well... but I'm gonna try work on it tonight anyways.


Audio/BBS Mod
News: I want to write more metal... - Music: The Inevitability - Art: Kira
\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature
jakeghost
jakeghost
  • Member since: Jan. 15, 2013
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Musician
Response to Dreams of Splendor Discussion Jan. 29th, 2013 @ 05:30 AM Reply

Sooooo quick dumb n00by question, is posting a link to my entry on the actual contest thread saying 'this is my entry' the way we're meant to do it or am I meant to PM the creator or something?

:)


Jacob Leaney | Composer | Producer
www.jacobleaney.com
jacob@jacobleaney.com

PeterSatera
PeterSatera
  • Member since: Jan. 29, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Dreams of Splendor Discussion Jan. 29th, 2013 @ 06:43 AM Reply

At 1/29/13 05:30 AM, jakeghost wrote: Sooooo quick dumb n00by question, is posting a link to my entry on the actual contest thread saying 'this is my entry' the way we're meant to do it or am I meant to PM the creator or something?

)

Posting in the thread implies it's your entry and shows submission of it, you dont need to PM him. :)


BBS Signature
SourJovis
SourJovis
  • Member since: Aug. 14, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Musician
Response to Dreams of Splendor Discussion Jan. 29th, 2013 @ 08:06 AM Reply

Some great entries. I don't think I can top that, but I still want to post something.

I have a question though. It says your submission must be âEUoespecifically designed for this contestâEU. I planned to create something for this contest. Yesterday I finished a song with this purpose in mind. At the moment I'm also creating music for a game that's under development. I showed the song to one in charge of the game project, and he said he'd like to use it, but that it's okay if I use it as an entry for the contest as well.

So I'm a bit torn now. Does this still count as made specifically for the contest? Is it allowed to use a song for something else in the future when it is submitted to this contest?


BBS Signature
PeterSatera
PeterSatera
  • Member since: Jan. 29, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Dreams of Splendor Discussion Jan. 29th, 2013 @ 08:29 AM Reply

At 1/29/13 08:06 AM, SourJovis wrote: So I'm a bit torn now. Does this still count as made specifically for the contest? Is it allowed to use a song for something else in the future when it is submitted to this contest?

As it was created for the contest I would think that Bosa would be okay with it. The chance is that you wont hear the track in any game/movie until for a while after this contest too, and not only that. What's to stop people using the track after the contest is complete. Whether or not he uses it, the track was for the contest prior to someone wanting to have it for their game.

Bosa will give you a Judge's rule I'd think, but personally I don't see any complication.

....unless the track is going to beat us all. Then it's TOTALLY against the rules. :P


BBS Signature
DivoFST
DivoFST
  • Member since: Jun. 25, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Musician
Response to Dreams of Splendor Discussion Jan. 29th, 2013 @ 11:59 AM Reply

Today is the day i finally submit my song!!!
And i have to admit that im kinda nervous about it....iv listened it about 50 to 100 times these past weeks and i cant figure out anymore if things sound bad or not :S


No mather how good you are sometime, somewhere, somehow...
Someone will blow your mind and make feel a beginner again..

BBS Signature
SourJovis
SourJovis
  • Member since: Aug. 14, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Musician
Response to Dreams of Splendor Discussion Jan. 29th, 2013 @ 12:30 PM Reply

At 1/29/13 08:29 AM, PeterSatera wrote: ....unless the track is going to beat us all. Then it's TOTALLY against the rules. :P

Hehe I think not. The other submissions are very good. Mine is just different, so it's a nice contribution. I'm not even sure it's the best song I've ever made as we were supposed to. I have put my all in it though. I wonder how Bosa is going to compare all these different styles.


BBS Signature
Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Member since: Dec. 11, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 33
Musician
Response to Dreams of Splendor Discussion Jan. 29th, 2013 @ 03:34 PM Reply

I'm struggling with some really nasty writer's block... I don't know if I'll be able to finish something in time... One moment I'm plucking away on my guitar, the next I'm programming a music box part... and then I'm trying trance... just, nothing seems to sound right.


Audio/BBS Mod
News: I want to write more metal... - Music: The Inevitability - Art: Kira
\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature
SourJovis
SourJovis
  • Member since: Aug. 14, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Musician
Response to Dreams of Splendor Discussion Jan. 29th, 2013 @ 03:37 PM Reply

At 1/29/13 03:34 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: I'm struggling with some really nasty writer's block... I don't know if I'll be able to finish something in time... One moment I'm plucking away on my guitar, the next I'm programming a music box part... and then I'm trying trance... just, nothing seems to sound right.

Yeah, but when you're done you have 10 songs at once.


BBS Signature
Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Member since: Dec. 11, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 33
Musician
Response to Dreams of Splendor Discussion Jan. 29th, 2013 @ 03:40 PM Reply

At 1/29/13 03:37 PM, SourJovis wrote:
At 1/29/13 03:34 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: I'm struggling with some really nasty writer's block... I don't know if I'll be able to finish something in time... One moment I'm plucking away on my guitar, the next I'm programming a music box part... and then I'm trying trance... just, nothing seems to sound right.
Yeah, but when you're done you have 10 songs at once.

At the very least... Seriously, I've started like 20 songs by now, and I'm not happy with any of them.


Audio/BBS Mod
News: I want to write more metal... - Music: The Inevitability - Art: Kira
\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature