00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

KiichigoInu just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Dreams of Splendor Discussion

14,598 Views | 214 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Dreams of Splendor Discussion 2013-01-28 16:07:24

At 1/28/13 03:53 PM, Buoy wrote: So hey, how... how long is yours?

I've seen it earlier and it was a bit short, to be honest.

but I guess you've got it extended now now - it has shaped up, so to speak.

are you going to you show it in public for everyone to see soon?

and when does it climax?

Don't worry. It climaxes every time you do.

Stuff.

My AIM piece is found if you clicky the image.

BBS Signature

Response to Dreams of Splendor Discussion 2013-01-28 20:52:40

At 1/27/13 11:43 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote:
At 1/27/13 05:06 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: Was gonna work on my submission... now I'm working a split shift instead.
Was gonna work on my submission after I finished my split shift... then I got called into work again because the newbies code didn't activate properly.

I fucking give up.

nononononono. YOU MUST SUBMIT

Response to Dreams of Splendor Discussion 2013-01-29 00:05:57

At 1/28/13 08:52 PM, Bosa wrote:
At 1/27/13 11:43 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote:
At 1/27/13 05:06 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: Was gonna work on my submission... now I'm working a split shift instead.
Was gonna work on my submission after I finished my split shift... then I got called into work again because the newbies code didn't activate properly.

I fucking give up.
nononononono. YOU MUST SUBMIT

I didn't mean I give up in the sense that I'm not submitting, I meant I was giving up working on it that day, because every time I was gonna start working on it, work got in the way... And it kinda did today as well... but I'm gonna try work on it tonight anyways.

Audio/BBS Mod

News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira

\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature

Response to Dreams of Splendor Discussion 2013-01-29 05:30:16

Sooooo quick dumb n00by question, is posting a link to my entry on the actual contest thread saying 'this is my entry' the way we're meant to do it or am I meant to PM the creator or something?

:)

Jacob Leaney | Composer | Producer

www.jacobleaney.com

jacob@jacobleaney.com

Response to Dreams of Splendor Discussion 2013-01-29 06:43:59

At 1/29/13 05:30 AM, jakeghost wrote: Sooooo quick dumb n00by question, is posting a link to my entry on the actual contest thread saying 'this is my entry' the way we're meant to do it or am I meant to PM the creator or something?

)

Posting in the thread implies it's your entry and shows submission of it, you dont need to PM him. :)

BBS Signature

Response to Dreams of Splendor Discussion 2013-01-29 08:06:24

Some great entries. I don't think I can top that, but I still want to post something.

I have a question though. It says your submission must be âEUoespecifically designed for this contestâEU. I planned to create something for this contest. Yesterday I finished a song with this purpose in mind. At the moment I'm also creating music for a game that's under development. I showed the song to one in charge of the game project, and he said he'd like to use it, but that it's okay if I use it as an entry for the contest as well.

So I'm a bit torn now. Does this still count as made specifically for the contest? Is it allowed to use a song for something else in the future when it is submitted to this contest?

BBS Signature

Response to Dreams of Splendor Discussion 2013-01-29 08:29:39

At 1/29/13 08:06 AM, SourJovis wrote: So I'm a bit torn now. Does this still count as made specifically for the contest? Is it allowed to use a song for something else in the future when it is submitted to this contest?

As it was created for the contest I would think that Bosa would be okay with it. The chance is that you wont hear the track in any game/movie until for a while after this contest too, and not only that. What's to stop people using the track after the contest is complete. Whether or not he uses it, the track was for the contest prior to someone wanting to have it for their game.

Bosa will give you a Judge's rule I'd think, but personally I don't see any complication.

....unless the track is going to beat us all. Then it's TOTALLY against the rules. :P

BBS Signature

Response to Dreams of Splendor Discussion 2013-01-29 11:59:12

Today is the day i finally submit my song!!!
And i have to admit that im kinda nervous about it....iv listened it about 50 to 100 times these past weeks and i cant figure out anymore if things sound bad or not :S

No mather how good you are sometime, somewhere, somehow...

Someone will blow your mind and make feel a beginner again..

BBS Signature

Response to Dreams of Splendor Discussion 2013-01-29 12:30:22

At 1/29/13 08:29 AM, PeterSatera wrote: ....unless the track is going to beat us all. Then it's TOTALLY against the rules. :P

Hehe I think not. The other submissions are very good. Mine is just different, so it's a nice contribution. I'm not even sure it's the best song I've ever made as we were supposed to. I have put my all in it though. I wonder how Bosa is going to compare all these different styles.

BBS Signature

Response to Dreams of Splendor Discussion 2013-01-29 15:34:31

I'm struggling with some really nasty writer's block... I don't know if I'll be able to finish something in time... One moment I'm plucking away on my guitar, the next I'm programming a music box part... and then I'm trying trance... just, nothing seems to sound right.

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature

Response to Dreams of Splendor Discussion 2013-01-29 15:37:02

At 1/29/13 03:34 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: I'm struggling with some really nasty writer's block... I don't know if I'll be able to finish something in time... One moment I'm plucking away on my guitar, the next I'm programming a music box part... and then I'm trying trance... just, nothing seems to sound right.

Yeah, but when you're done you have 10 songs at once.

BBS Signature

Response to Dreams of Splendor Discussion 2013-01-29 15:40:24

At 1/29/13 03:37 PM, SourJovis wrote:
At 1/29/13 03:34 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: I'm struggling with some really nasty writer's block... I don't know if I'll be able to finish something in time... One moment I'm plucking away on my guitar, the next I'm programming a music box part... and then I'm trying trance... just, nothing seems to sound right.

At the very least... Seriously, I've started like 20 songs by now, and I'm not happy with any of them.

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature

Response to Dreams of Splendor Discussion 2013-01-29 16:29:48

At 1/29/13 03:40 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote:
At 1/29/13 03:37 PM, SourJovis wrote:
At the very least... Seriously, I've started like 20 songs by now, and I'm not happy with any of them.

Sometimes you just need to relax and let it come to you... don't try to force the song out by staring at a blank paper and attacking it head-on or throwing your fingers to the keys. Sit down, close your eyes, and let your mind wander its way to a melody. ;)

My Music - Virtual Instruments - About Me

Orchestral Composer, VI Developer

BBS Signature

Response to Dreams of Splendor Discussion 2013-01-29 16:42:35

At 1/29/13 04:29 PM, samulis wrote: Sometimes you just need to relax and let it come to you... don't try to force the song out by staring at a blank paper and attacking it head-on or throwing your fingers to the keys. Sit down, close your eyes, and let your mind wander its way to a melody. ;)

I did something similar... I shut down the project I was trying to work on, opened up Synthesia, and just played one of my favorite songs... and now I'm writing something heavily inspired by it... I'm really liking how it sounds so far, so I'm crossing my fingers that it sounds this good all the way through.

I wanna say it's a little different from my typical stuff... but honestly, I don't really have a "typical" style anymore... I'm all over the freaking place... but either way, I think it sounds real nice so far.

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature

Response to Dreams of Splendor Discussion 2013-01-29 18:59:59

At 1/29/13 03:40 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: At the very least... Seriously, I've started like 20 songs by now, and I'm not happy with any of them.

Tchaikovsky was never satisfied with The Nutcracker Suite, yet it became his most famous work. Now I expect 20 instant classics from you. Good luck!

BBS Signature

Response to Dreams of Splendor Discussion 2013-01-29 19:13:37

At 1/29/13 06:59 PM, SourJovis wrote:
At 1/29/13 03:40 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: At the very least... Seriously, I've started like 20 songs by now, and I'm not happy with any of them.
Tchaikovsky was never satisfied with The Nutcracker Suite, yet it became his most famous work. Now I expect 20 instant classics from you. Good luck!

Instant classics are unlikely... however, so far, this song I'm working on now is shaping up to be my best yet... and that's the entire point of the contest, right?

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature

Response to Dreams of Splendor Discussion 2013-01-29 20:50:31

At 1/29/13 08:06 AM, SourJovis wrote: So I'm a bit torn now. Does this still count as made specifically for the contest? Is it allowed to use a song for something else in the future when it is submitted to this contest?

You could easily just submit either one to Newgrounds and say "Here is my entry." I wouldn't know the difference otherwise.

Response to Dreams of Splendor Discussion 2013-01-29 21:25:05

Exported one version of my track today. Going to try to finish the last section that I had planned if I have time (as in: If I manage to get a REALLY good amount done on my other piece I'm submitting for another competition... but then, that's just arrangement - should be easier). If not, I shall be uploading this. Somehow, it's only about 5 minutes long... but then, I've never been one to drone on and on with music. :3 Things change about every 4 measures, sometimes faster.

Stuff.

My AIM piece is found if you clicky the image.

BBS Signature

Response to Dreams of Splendor Discussion 2013-01-29 22:58:47

Awwww yeeah... My submission so far gives me goosebumps... this song is so me, down to the very fiber of my being.

Can't wait to share... gonna maybe do some tweaks, maybe add a couple things, then good to go.... Screw taking a month to work on it... I do all my songs in a day or two.

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature

Response to Dreams of Splendor Discussion 2013-01-29 23:49:35

At 1/29/13 11:23 PM, Braiton wrote: Incoming PC Malfunction in 3...2...1..

Just joking of course *ehem*

I will eat your babies if this actually happens now.

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature

Response to Dreams of Splendor Discussion 2013-01-30 00:16:55

Unfortunately I had to drop the idea to use another project I started for this, but oh well. I had another project I was working on at the time that I picked up and did a lot of work/overhauling to take its place.

Feels good to be done!

At 3/27/11 10:22 PM, sugarsimon wrote:

the brilliant songs who create a production for music

Wat

Response to Dreams of Splendor Discussion 2013-01-30 01:25:53

Well! Just posted my song! I think it's my best song yet! Which is what the contest specifications asked me to do. Can't wait to see everyone else's stuff and good luck to you all! May the best composer win!

Check out my pages!

Soundcloud Youtube Twitter Facebook

Response to Dreams of Splendor Discussion 2013-01-30 02:39:25

Lookin good guys. Some great stuff put out for this!

I'm currently debating on whether to throw vocals into this song or not... :/

Response to Dreams of Splendor Discussion 2013-01-30 04:25:34

All your tracks are super-impressive guys! This has really shown some amazing talent here.

But...did that dude just submit nearly a 10minute track!?

Dreams of Splendor Discussion

BBS Signature

Response to Dreams of Splendor Discussion 2013-01-30 08:17:02

At 1/30/13 02:39 AM, bassfiddlejones wrote: Lookin good guys. Some great stuff put out for this!

I'm currently debating on whether to throw vocals into this song or not... :/

I had the same philosophical question in my submission...the song ended up not needing them

No mather how good you are sometime, somewhere, somehow...

Someone will blow your mind and make feel a beginner again..

BBS Signature

Response to Dreams of Splendor Discussion 2013-01-30 11:57:02

At 1/30/13 04:25 AM, PeterSatera wrote: All your tracks are super-impressive guys! This has really shown some amazing talent here.

But...did that dude just submit nearly a 10minute track!?

ROFLMAO!!!!

BBS Signature

Response to Dreams of Splendor Discussion 2013-01-30 12:06:33

At 1/30/13 04:25 AM, PeterSatera wrote: But...did that dude just submit nearly a 10minute track!?

...wonderful

Response to Dreams of Splendor Discussion 2013-01-30 12:30:16

Ten minutes, eight minutes, I couldn't care less. I'm going to submit something which is very much "me" and that's all that's going to matter.

Response to Dreams of Splendor Discussion 2013-01-30 13:52:30

At 1/30/13 12:30 PM, TroisNyxEtienne wrote: Ten minutes, eight minutes, I couldn't care less. I'm going to submit something which is very much "me" and that's all that's going to matter.

I feel the same way. I submitted mine today, hope you enjoy it.

Good luck with the rest of you guys, it's been fun.

'Til the hour of judgement.

Response to Dreams of Splendor Discussion 2013-01-30 14:23:26

Bosa, you've got at least a full work day's worth of listening and judging ahead of you!