New Topic Respond to this Topic
Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Musician
Response to Dreams of Splendor Discussion 2013-01-11 16:59:51 Reply

At 1/11/13 04:33 PM, Elitistinen wrote: Screw it ;[. I decide to enter this compo for the fun but not for winning, probably this might give me a little boost on here, I'm noob after all.

I think most people are entering for the fun of it, winning is just a bonus.

I'm trying to work on my submission right now... I know what I want to do, but damn Omnisphere keeps distracting me with its sexiness! I'll be trying to find the right sound for what I'm after, then get totally distracted by playing around with stuff that won't help me finish my submission.

Audio/BBS Mod
News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira
\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature
ZipZipper
ZipZipper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Musician
Response to Dreams of Splendor Discussion 2013-01-11 22:06:14 Reply

I've got a pretty good start to my piece now. It took four tries, of four very different sounding songs, to really peg what I wanted to do, and I think I've learned so much already from just situating myself. I don't think I've ever worked so hard to make a single song before. Beginning at the usual waltzing Danny Elfman style, to tension film score, to eerie jazz piano DnB, and now I'm sticking with a queer classical glitch piece with a pop structure. So far I've got the intro, a verse, and a chorus...hopefully my voice doesn't sound crap when it comes to making the singing part. I hope spilling all this info doesn't jinx me.

Yep...anyone else getting/feeling some personal progress or want to talk about their journeys so far?

forever alone ????

BBS Signature
LemonCrush
LemonCrush
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Dreams of Splendor Discussion 2013-01-11 23:17:11 Reply

At 1/9/13 08:30 PM, MaestroRage wrote:
At 1/9/13 03:30 PM, LemonCrush wrote: So, without all the hyperbolic shit, can you explain in normal english what exactly you're looking for?
1) Novelty/Originality

2) Sound Quality/Mastering

3) Emotion/Immersion

4) Instruments/Programs' Quality

5) Writing/Sequencing

So, we're just submitting songs?

Rampant
Rampant
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to Dreams of Splendor Discussion 2013-01-12 00:37:28 Reply

At 1/11/13 11:17 PM, LemonCrush wrote:
At 1/9/13 03:30 PM, LemonCrush wrote: So, without all the hyperbolic shit, can you explain in normal english what exactly you're looking for?
1) Novelty/Originality

3) Emotion/Immersion

5) Writing/Sequencing

A new composition, something written for this competition -- or, at least something of which you've done most of the work specifically for this contest. I don't think anyone will disqualify you for using a theme you came up with a year ago.

bassfiddlejones
bassfiddlejones
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to Dreams of Splendor Discussion 2013-01-12 01:29:47 Reply

At 1/11/13 10:06 PM, ZipZipper wrote: I've got a pretty good start to my piece now. It took four tries, of four very different sounding songs, to really peg what I wanted to do, and I think I've learned so much already from just situating myself. I don't think I've ever worked so hard to make a single song before. Beginning at the usual waltzing Danny Elfman style, to tension film score, to eerie jazz piano DnB, and now I'm sticking with a queer classical glitch piece with a pop structure. So far I've got the intro, a verse, and a chorus...hopefully my voice doesn't sound crap when it comes to making the singing part. I hope spilling all this info doesn't jinx me.

Yep...anyone else getting/feeling some personal progress or want to talk about their journeys so far?

forever alone ????

I've got the intro mostly done, and a theme for the piece. Currently working on lyrics and whatnot. I spent a huge deal of time selecting the instruments, which is still not done. This looks like a huge project for me, but I'm really pleased thus far. I'm being very meticulous. Excited to see what everyone comes up with!

Troisnyx
Troisnyx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Musician
Response to Dreams of Splendor Discussion 2013-01-12 04:41:31 Reply

At 1/12/13 12:37 AM, RampantMusik wrote:
At 1/11/13 11:17 PM, LemonCrush wrote:
1) Novelty/Originality

3) Emotion/Immersion

5) Writing/Sequencing
A new composition, something written for this competition -- or, at least something of which you've done most of the work specifically for this contest. I don't think anyone will disqualify you for using a theme you came up with a year ago.

Seriously, dude, talk about uninspiring... Obviously every contest like these will be to submit songs, and this one has a theme to it -- a theme of greatness! I mean seriously, HOW BLOODY UNINSPIRING CAN YOU GET!?

AMDG ✝

BBS Signature
LemonCrush
LemonCrush
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Dreams of Splendor Discussion 2013-01-12 11:59:18 Reply

So where do we send submissions?

Deflektor
Deflektor
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Musician
Response to Dreams of Splendor Discussion 2013-01-12 12:05:53 Reply

At 1/12/13 11:59 AM, LemonCrush wrote: So where do we send submissions?

Me think you have to send them in the the contest topic.
http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1328912

BBS Signature
samulis
samulis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 08
Musician
Response to Dreams of Splendor Discussion 2013-01-12 12:54:59 Reply

At 1/10/13 01:07 AM, BlazingDragon wrote: Purgy, Step, Maestro, Skye, camoshark, deadlyfishes, Trois, Rampant, Sequenced, Chronamut, Buoy, AND PeterSatera? Good gravy, I might as well drop out now.This is already shaping up to be more intense than the 2012 Audio Deathmatch was. x_x

You forgot me! :3

My Music - Virtual Instruments - Website
Orchestral/Cinematic Composer

BBS Signature
Juicebomb
Juicebomb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Dreams of Splendor Discussion 2013-01-12 15:26:00 Reply

Right, I'll try and cook summin' up for this. BRB.

Rampant
Rampant
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to Dreams of Splendor Discussion 2013-01-12 15:31:09 Reply

At 1/12/13 12:54 PM, samulis wrote:
At 1/10/13 01:07 AM, BlazingDragon wrote: Purgy, Step, Maestro, Skye, camoshark, deadlyfishes, Trois, Rampant, Sequenced, Chronamut, Buoy, AND PeterSatera? Good gravy, I might as well drop out now.This is already shaping up to be more intense than the 2012 Audio Deathmatch was. x_x
You forgot me! :3

Nope, no, BD was only listing the sexy, good-looking, amazing people who are awesome and sexy and good-looking. :3 :P

stunkel
stunkel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to Dreams of Splendor Discussion 2013-01-12 15:42:55 Reply

Nope, no, BD was only listing the sexy, good-looking, amazing people who are awesome and sexy and good-looking. :3 :P

But... I thought I was a sexy, good-looking person who is also sexy and good-looking :(

Check out my pages!
Soundcloud Youtube Twitter Facebook

Step
Step
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to Dreams of Splendor Discussion 2013-01-12 15:59:15 Reply

Don't mind me, just posting here to keep the level of sexiness in this thread at high amounts.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature
Troisnyx
Troisnyx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Musician
Response to Dreams of Splendor Discussion 2013-01-12 16:20:06 Reply

At 1/12/13 03:31 PM, RampantMusik wrote: Nope, no, BD was only listing the sexy, good-looking, amazing people who are awesome and sexy and good-looking. :3 :P

Uh..... I think we forgot someone, if that's the case.... *coughcoughspluttercough*

AMDG ✝

BBS Signature
DivoFST
DivoFST
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Musician
Response to Dreams of Splendor Discussion 2013-01-12 16:54:19 Reply

I hate being new here....
While everyone is absolutly amazed by the presence of PeterSatera i have no clue who he is :S
His music is pretty impressive anyway!

No mather how good you are sometime, somewhere, somehow...
Someone will blow your mind and make feel a beginner again..

BBS Signature
Troisnyx
Troisnyx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Musician
Response to Dreams of Splendor Discussion 2013-01-12 16:58:41 Reply

At 1/12/13 04:54 PM, DivoFST wrote: I hate being new here....
While everyone is absolutly amazed by the presence of PeterSatera i have no clue who he is :S

Technically you have PeterSatera, deadlyfishes, BlazingDragon and bassfiddlejones to go past in terms of good music.

AMDG ✝

BBS Signature
DivoFST
DivoFST
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Musician
Response to Dreams of Splendor Discussion 2013-01-12 17:03:07 Reply

At 1/12/13 04:58 PM, TroisNyxEtienne wrote:
Technically you have PeterSatera, deadlyfishes, BlazingDragon and bassfiddlejones to go past in terms of good music.

Iv came across all the others in contests just never heard of PeterSatera, but judging by his fan base im the only one xD

No mather how good you are sometime, somewhere, somehow...
Someone will blow your mind and make feel a beginner again..

BBS Signature
bassfiddlejones
bassfiddlejones
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to Dreams of Splendor Discussion 2013-01-12 17:55:41 Reply

At 1/12/13 04:58 PM, TroisNyxEtienne wrote:

Well shucks. :D

stunkel
stunkel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to Dreams of Splendor Discussion 2013-01-12 18:12:23 Reply

I just wish everyone the best of luck. I know I've been working hard on this one. This is going to be one damn good competition by the looks on who's entering. Good luck!

Check out my pages!

SkyeWint
SkyeWint
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to Dreams of Splendor Discussion 2013-01-12 18:45:21 Reply

At 1/11/13 10:06 PM, ZipZipper wrote: Yep...anyone else getting/feeling some personal progress or want to talk about their journeys so far?

SURE. I just got done with the first section of my song, have the rest of it pretty much all planned out. Omnisphere shall be very useful, and so shall my compositional thoughtsies. Also I might be using Step as a VST too.

Stuff.

My AIM piece is found if you clicky the image.

BBS Signature
Bosa
Bosa
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Musician
Response to Dreams of Splendor Discussion 2013-01-12 23:00:24 Reply

At 1/12/13 11:59 AM, LemonCrush wrote: So where do we send submissions?

Post it here:

http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1328912

This contest is a good opportunity for you to become more well known, Lemoncrush. I know how hard it is to get your bearings around here when you're new.

Please put in the author comments of your submission that it is part of the "Dreams of Splendor" contest by Bosa.

Those that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength

BBS Signature
ZipZipper
ZipZipper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Musician
Response to Dreams of Splendor Discussion 2013-01-12 23:33:02 Reply

We're in this together. I also didn't really know some of the names being mentioned that are being put in high regard. We shoulda done all this sooner, but at least we can be friends...right...?

At 1/12/13 06:45 PM, SkyeWintrest wrote: SURE. I just got done with the first section of my song, have the rest of it pretty much all planned out. Omnisphere shall be very useful, and so shall my compositional thoughtsies. Also I might be using Step as a VST too.

I've been seeing Omnisphere being mentioned a lot, I need to look at that. But, first time seeing this "Step" being mentioned. What sort of program is that? Sounds like it was made by a bunch of little girls....

....I might like little girls....

BBS Signature
Neon-Bard
Neon-Bard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to Dreams of Splendor Discussion 2013-01-13 00:59:23 Reply

Alas, I wish I would have stumbled onto this beforehand! I should really start visiting the forums more often. Once more I shall say alas!

If you have a moment, check out some of my work:
[Music here on Newgrounds] [Soundcloud]

BBS Signature
Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Musician
Response to Dreams of Splendor Discussion 2013-01-13 01:07:20 Reply

At 1/13/13 12:59 AM, Neon-Bard wrote: Alas, I wish I would have stumbled onto this beforehand! I should really start visiting the forums more often. Once more I shall say alas!

Uhhh... you've still got plenty of time to work on a submission. Hell... I still haven't even started.

Audio/BBS Mod
News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira
\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature
stunkel
stunkel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to Dreams of Splendor Discussion 2013-01-13 01:20:09 Reply

At 1/13/13 12:59 AM, Neon-Bard wrote: Alas, I wish I would have stumbled onto this beforehand! I should really start visiting the forums more often. Once more I shall say alas!

Sorry Neon-Bard you basically already lost :( srry bro...

Just kidding, BFP is right, you have at least a good two weeks to get it done.

Check out my pages!

Neon-Bard
Neon-Bard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to Dreams of Splendor Discussion 2013-01-13 02:04:56 Reply

At 1/13/13 01:07 AM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote:
Uhhh... you've still got plenty of time to work on a submission. Hell... I still haven't even started.

Very true...perhaps I will give it a shot! Though the reason why I am a little hesitant is because I am working on a project...but hell, I'm make time.

If you have a moment, check out some of my work:
[Music here on Newgrounds] [Soundcloud]

BBS Signature
BlazingDragon
BlazingDragon
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to Dreams of Splendor Discussion 2013-01-13 04:23:35 Reply

At 1/12/13 12:54 PM, samulis wrote: You forgot me! :3

You were definitely supposed to be on that list. Whoops! :o

I don't mean to say that anyone not mentioned sucks, but I was naming off the people whose music I am familiar with and respect. There are a lot of people here I just don't know yet, but this contest should change that.

Troisnyx
Troisnyx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Musician
Response to Dreams of Splendor Discussion 2013-01-13 06:23:43 Reply

1/4 of the song done, and it's the easiest quarter by far.
I just wonder what will become of this.

AMDG ✝

BBS Signature
KKSlider60
KKSlider60
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Musician
Response to Dreams of Splendor Discussion 2013-01-13 08:47:34 Reply

Hm, I think I have something in store for you.
Returning back to the roots once again.

Structure done, needs some more stuff to put in.

KatMaestro
KatMaestro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Dreams of Splendor Discussion 2013-01-13 11:47:10 Reply

At 1/11/13 10:06 PM, ZipZipper wrote: I've got a pretty good start to my piece now. It took four tries, of four very different sounding songs, to really peg what I wanted to do, and I think I've learned so much already from just situating myself. I don't think I've ever worked so hard to make a single song before. Beginning at the usual waltzing Danny Elfman style, to tension film score, to eerie jazz piano DnB, and now I'm sticking with a queer classical glitch piece with a pop structure. So far I've got the intro, a verse, and a chorus...hopefully my voice doesn't sound crap when it comes to making the singing part. I hope spilling all this info doesn't jinx me.

On the same boat as your, I have been trying out all kinds of genre I know of. I moved from industrial to heavy beat breakcore. However orchestra classical is what bugged me the most. I have always wanted to try out this genre then I tried and failed miserably because I just want something completely original. I think I'm crazy to start a song at 190 BMP for orchestra classical which I have completed over 3 minutes. Probably the hardest part of the whole project is to not make the some repetitive. =(