Welcome, gentiles, to the...
QUEST FOR THE CROWN CONTEST
I have been creating music on this website for a long time, and I have grown weary of the constant struggles that this website gives me. I am stepping off the battlefield, and I have come to the realization that it is time to crown a king or queen... a KING/QUEEN OF CLASSICAL MUSIC!
I have seen genius minds on Newgrounds, men and women who are so strongly dedicated to producing music which sparks intuitive imagination, that I find it hard to believe that there is yet a contest that tests the limit of their talents. I seek to finally close the lid on the long lived question, "Who is the best classical composer?"
You do not need to know how to write music, nor do you need to know how to read music. All I want from you is to produce an original song that dictates the best you have to offer. I will coordinate this contest myself, and will judge the music based on emotional and quality performance. If you believe that you are capable of defeating all the other self-proclaimed 'Kings/Queens of Newgrounds,' then you are the right person to join this contest!
Just be sure you understand the following...
1) The Audio Forum Rules
2) The music that will most likely be accepted is categorized in the classical, orchestral, neo-orchestral, cinematic/film, horror, European medieval, baroque, or choral category of music. I will provide a recommended list of instruments later.
3) Vocals are allowed. However, if you are a man and you try to sing soprano like they did in the old days of classical music, be sure to turn the volume of the recording to 0%
4) Copies of other works, whether copyrighted or not, are STRICTLY FORBIDDEN. If I hear the Star Wars or Nightmare Before Christmas theme, I will personally inform John Williams and Danny Elfman of your treachery.
5) "Lord of the Rings Music" is allowed as long as it sounds nothing like The Lord of the Rings.
6) Your submission must be completely original, and I prefer that it reflects your character as a musician. I will pay close attention to detail and your own trademark arrangements that you incorporate into the music.
If you plan on submitting your famous piano solo, or any instrument solo, keep in mind that my judgement will favor you more if your music contains an orchestral arrangement of instruments. Brass, strings, choir, and percussion are basic necessities to succeed in this contest, but your submission will be your own design -- so don't let me influence your instrument selection. Everything is all up to you.
I will not reject any submission unless it violates the BBS rules, or copyright laws. So, you can choose to submit whatever you want, but keep in mind that this is a contest to crown the king/queen of classical music.
For those of you who cannot proceed without inspiration, HERE YOU GO:
Cinematic Orchestral Progressions
You must submit BEFORE November 1st, 12:00 am
If you wish to complain about the deadline, then my vassal Lord Samulis Augustus will address your petitions. But not really.
(Must have a paypal account)
FIRST PLACE: A coronation for the King/Queen of classical music and a secret prize
SECOND PLACE: A day in the stocks and $20
THIRD PLACE: An opportunity to hang out with your friends on the gallows and $10
FOURTH PLACE: A chance to contract leprosy, and a foreboding reminder to not get fourth place
I will be judging each submission that is submitted to this contest, and each submission will be placed on a 'top song list.' The three best submissions will receive their just rewards, and all other submissions will be honorably mentioned. The results of the judging will be posted on November 4th.
But Seriously, this thread is strictly for submissions so I can easily tally the songs. Please post any questions or comments in the Discussion Thread