00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Your Other Forums

1,546 Views | 27 Replies

Your Other Forums 2012-09-29 11:52:37

After 18,000 + posts on Newgrounds, I am losing a lot of interest in the topics being posted, and discussions being had. I can't seem to post in any of them lately.
I am curious though, as to which other forums you guys might post on... I will admit, I am looking for something a little different, and I am going to check out all the forums that are mentioned, simply because I am curious, and also looking for another forum that can tackle my interest.

For me, Newgrounds is the only forum I have posted on in the past few years, I haven't been able to find any others.

Response to Your Other Forums 2012-09-29 11:58:20

This is the only forum that I actually post on. Recently I have been browsing Facepunch a lot, mainly for their programming forums though. I like to see what kind of cool things people are up to. Facepunch seems like a pretty active forum with a decent amount of categories. Maybe worth checking out.

I feel bad talking about other forums. I feel like I'm betraying Newgrounds, even if the forum isn't the main aspect of the site.

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to Your Other Forums 2012-09-29 12:00:36

At 9/29/12 11:58 AM, Dean wrote: This is the only forum that I actually post on. Recently I have been browsing Facepunch a lot, mainly for their programming forums though. I like to see what kind of cool things people are up to. Facepunch seems like a pretty active forum with a decent amount of categories. Maybe worth checking out.

I feel bad talking about other forums. I feel like I'm betraying Newgrounds, even if the forum isn't the main aspect of the site.

I go on facepunch as well. They're a pretty big and active forum, so I can always find something interesting to read.

I especially like their gold forum section. Loads of awesome things happen in there.

It's only fun if you get a scar out of it

Team Fortress 2 club

BBS Signature

Response to Your Other Forums 2012-09-29 12:02:57

Do image boards count?

Response to Your Other Forums 2012-09-29 12:29:38

I've posted on the roblox forums, but it's a waste of time. It's full of spammers. No one cares about rules. It's like that company doesn't care about their forums. There are too many people online, so topics will be bumped away from the first page pretty fast. The Newgrounds forums are the best forums I know of.

I am evil.

Response to Your Other Forums 2012-09-29 12:41:30

I'm only here now. Well, I could post on Metal-Archives more and many of the other places I have accounts at, but I've been posting here for so long that it's hard to quit. Many of the small and big places I used to post at years ago (even while I was here) have either lost their appeal or have shut down due to rising expenses and lack of ad dollars.

There's a Goryblizzard on ps3trophies.org, but he isn't me. I'm the original. Whoever he is, he probably came here before, saw my name and decided to make it his own. Another much older, now defunct gaming site had a guy named Goryblizzard-X back in 2005, who also wasn't me, but showed signs of previously interacting with me before. I don't get what's with people that post on these gaming forums that like to steal my name...fuck off already.

Former iron fist mod of the NG Featureless Chat from May 23, 2012 to May 4, 2014.

NYC Meet 2010 | NYC Meet 2011 | NYC Meet 2013

BBS Signature

Response to Your Other Forums 2012-09-29 14:55:44

Get lyrically fit!!!!

Props to Embr for putting my sig into shape!!!

BBS Signature

Response to Your Other Forums 2012-09-29 14:58:15

At 9/29/12 12:41 PM, GoryBlizzard wrote: I don't get what's with people that post on these gaming forums that like to steal my name...fuck off already.

I know the feeling. Someone has actually taken my username before, of all people. I'm a rather obscure user, and admittedly not very popular or famous on any of the sites I use it on, so why they would take mine is beyond my understanding. Totally got back at them, though: I named my account next The_Real_Klobb17 instead.

That'll show them!

As for the topic at hand, deviantArt has forums, but I'll be the first to admit that the users are either a bunch of pricks or fanatics, so I rarely use them. There's also GameFAQs, if you're into certain video games. Less popular games will have less active boards though. Still, it's a good place to discuss video games, but the moderators there are absolutes asshats, and are even more strict than some of the mods here.

I love you, Newgrounds mods...

There's also one other forum that's dedicated to the Monster Girl Encyclopedia that I visit because I'm a total fucking weirdo like that. It's mainly discussion of the different characters, creatures, settings and what have you. Doubt that is anyone's sort of thing but my own, though.

Response to Your Other Forums 2012-09-29 16:06:42

I just post on the chlomo chan.

My power is the only power.

Response to Your Other Forums 2012-09-29 18:15:27

Reddit.

But everybody hates that site, so fuck it.

also, TV Tropes. Oh gawd, the autism on that forum.

Fun to play with, even better to eat.

BBS Signature

Response to Your Other Forums 2012-09-29 19:12:46

I used to use the Cheatsguru.com Q&A all the time when I was younger. The CG Q&A was basically like a forum. I usually used the CG Community Q&A. I guess I left because it was so inactive Another reason is because there I have to censor myself. CG even auto censors words like "nut" or "stupid". I made extremely stupid posts there. The I left that site in 2010. I found Newgrounds in 2010. I also rarely use the Starmen.net forums.

BBS Signature

Response to Your Other Forums 2012-09-29 19:18:28

Newgrounds, IDMforums, and Somethingawful are the only forums I frequent.

Response to Your Other Forums 2012-09-29 23:55:11

I share a forum with an odd 30 something other members, coming up on 7 years now. Used to be a fairly popular gaming forum, but that was a while now. It's a ghosttown now, and I like it there.

Other then that, a couple of high-profile art sites, but nothing interesting.

Response to Your Other Forums 2012-09-30 12:06:15

If I stop posting here I won't be posting anywhere.

This is a song about cum on hotel walls.

BBS Signature

Response to Your Other Forums 2012-09-30 12:20:30

I only go on NG and Somethingawful. None of the others have that much appeal to me.

EGB || Sig by EmmaVolt

BBS Signature

Response to Your Other Forums 2012-09-30 13:29:54

I use The Spriter's Resource forum quite a lot. They have a good userbase, and they do a lot of fun stuff (such as some really epic forum games). In fact, I spend more time there than I do here. This forum lost my interest a long time ago, really.

BBS Signature

Response to Your Other Forums 2012-09-30 16:03:44

Now that I think of it, the only other forum I post on at all is GoNintendo. And that's solely video game related, so I guess Newgrounds is the only place I go for regular forum posts.

Response to Your Other Forums 2012-09-30 16:27:19

http://www.tricksession.com/forums/
you probably won't find this forum very interesting if you don't trick.

Response to Your Other Forums 2012-09-30 16:34:08

I also post on lbpcentral, and spriters resource community. But I wouldn't recommend going there unless spriting or lbp is your hobby.

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to Your Other Forums 2012-09-30 17:47:43

I don't frequent any boards other than Newgrounds. I do occasionally check out other fora but that's mostly for discussion about certain video games if I ever need advise or help.

The only other forum that I ever went to was for some text-based web game, but for a community with over 10,000 members the forum was kinda dead. I also left there pretty quickly since the moderators locked pretty much anything within a few replies and they weren't very nice or helpful.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to Your Other Forums 2012-09-30 18:10:41

I've been on the maplestory forums for a while, though that was at least five years back. Then, I went here, and nowadays I'm on /g/ and /mu/ a lot.

Response to Your Other Forums 2012-09-30 18:15:53

The only other forum I go to is the one for dgemu.com.
That forum is kinda slow though, it seems that it lacks members or something.

The Bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame.

Response to Your Other Forums 2012-09-30 18:42:04

omg, who the hell cares about post count? do you get money or something for posting?

Its only rape if you say no.

Say no to rape.

Response to Your Other Forums 2012-09-30 18:43:29

At 9/30/12 06:42 PM, kakalxlax wrote: omg, who the hell cares about post count?

We do.

Response to Your Other Forums 2012-09-30 18:50:03

At 9/30/12 06:48 PM, Xenomit wrote:
At 9/30/12 06:42 PM, kakalxlax wrote: omg, who the hell cares about post count? do you get money or something for posting?
I got 20 dollars at the 3k post mark, 100 dollars at the 5k post mark, 300 dollars at the 7k post mark, and I'm awaiting the 10k post mark

That's... not bad.

Response to Your Other Forums 2012-09-30 19:09:29

At 9/30/12 06:48 PM, Xenomit wrote:
At 9/30/12 06:42 PM, kakalxlax wrote: omg, who the hell cares about post count? do you get money or something for posting?
I got 20 dollars at the 3k post mark, 100 dollars at the 5k post mark, 300 dollars at the 7k post mark, and I'm awaiting the 10k post mark

man, i just get anal fisting each time i post

Say no to rape.

Response to Your Other Forums 2012-09-30 19:10:59

kakalxlax wrote:
man, i just get anal fisting each time i post

Whoops

double post

Say no to rape.

Response to Your Other Forums 2012-09-30 19:11:19

At 9/30/12 07:09 PM, kakalxlax wrote: man, i just get anal fisting each time i post

I swear someone's put turps in your beer.