00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans

140,157 Views | 1,361 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2012-09-22 11:58:07

Also, to tell you the truth, I haven't been broadening my horizons to new hip hop artists/songs lately. Been listening to a lot of metal to tell you the truth.

"Fuck Kanye"? You say Kanye makes pop, not hip hop.
and you listen to metal.
Hey everyone gather aroound, we got the worlds biggest hip hop expert over here! (no we dont)
suck my big dick

Gimme a minute! And im in it!

BBS Signature

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2012-09-22 12:12:39

At 9/22/12 11:58 AM, Buujack wrote:
Also, to tell you the truth, I haven't been broadening my horizons to new hip hop artists/songs lately. Been listening to a lot of metal to tell you the truth.
"Fuck Kanye"? You say Kanye makes pop, not hip hop.
and you listen to metal.
Hey everyone gather aroound, we got the worlds biggest hip hop expert over here! (no we dont)
suck my big dick

You must be a special kind of retard to make statements like that. Did you know that it's possible for someone to be a fan of more than one genre of music? It's true! I like Hip Hop AND Metal! FUCK YOU!

And trust me, I know more about Hip Hop than you ever will, so don't try to tell me that my being a fan of other types of music discredits my validity as a hip hop fan. That is an extremely ignorant thing to believe.

Either stick around, learn something, and stop being such an immature shit harvester, or get the fuck out of here and go watch more Nicki Minaj vids on YouTube. I'm not going to fucking argue with you about Kanye West so anything you have to say short of an apology will be disregarded.

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2012-09-22 15:29:15

Either stick around, learn something, and stop being such an immature shit harvester, or get the fuck out of here and go watch more Nicki Minaj vids on YouTube. I'm not going to fucking argue with you about Kanye West so anything you have to say short of an apology will be disregarded.

white people...

BBS Signature

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2012-09-22 15:32:02

Actually I plan on finishing 2 songs this weekend. I'm pretty sure my one with Fat Beats will be released up here when it's done, but the other one is part of the Problem Child album some of us are working on and won't be released for a while. So to answer that part of your question, yeah I've been pretty busy. Plus I worked 16 hours today and have no idea why I'm still awake.

You know why you aint gonna get famous? you a shitty rapper, plus ur probably white, unless you eminem or mac miller gtfo.

BBS Signature

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2012-09-22 15:34:37

At 9/22/12 03:32 PM, Buujack wrote:
Actually I plan on finishing 2 songs this weekend. I'm pretty sure my one with Fat Beats will be released up here when it's done, but the other one is part of the Problem Child album some of us are working on and won't be released for a while. So to answer that part of your question, yeah I've been pretty busy. Plus I worked 16 hours today and have no idea why I'm still awake.
You know why you aint gonna get famous? you a shitty rapper, plus ur probably white, unless you eminem or mac miller gtfo.

...wtf? LOL Nope, Teqneek is a damn fine rapper. And either way, being a shitty rapper seems to be the fast-track to pop stardom these days.

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2012-09-22 16:40:27

At 9/22/12 12:12 PM, Teqneek wrote: stuff

Teq dude, just leave it, you're getting trolled.
In other news, recording what I have so far for our track next week, so I don't think it'll take much longer after that's all done. GON' BE SIIIICK SON.
Also have a couple of other things in the works that are going to pretty damn sick, but might take a while. I'll just say "Fat Beats, Kill Bill and Rama the reason scars are rife"

Gonna drop the mixtape next week too, so I'll post it here, and I'd really appreciate some critique on it. Please watch this space.

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2012-09-22 16:46:03

At 9/22/12 04:40 PM, NogginmenAnimations wrote:
At 9/22/12 12:12 PM, Teqneek wrote: stuff
Teq dude, just leave it, you're getting trolled.

Oh I figured he was either a troll, or just some 12 year old moron. Either way, I said I wouldn't respond to anything short of an apology, so I left it at that.

In other news, recording what I have so far for our track next week, so I don't think it'll take much longer after that's all done. GON' BE SIIIICK SON.

Awesome. I should be getting my parts done tonight, so I can't wait to hear the finished track!

Also have a couple of other things in the works that are going to pretty damn sick, but might take a while. I'll just say "Fat Beats, Kill Bill and Rama the reason scars are rife"

Gonna drop the mixtape next week too, so I'll post it here, and I'd really appreciate some critique on it. Please watch this space.

Hell yeah man, I'll be one of the first to grab a copy of the mixtape; good luck with it and congratulations!

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2012-09-22 19:40:01

Actually, hold up a minute here, there's some definite thoughts to be had here.

Those of us who've been in the underground for so long have this affinity for thinking that our type of music is superior to other types. We have the more complex lyrics, more intricate messages, and sometimes more complex beats, and that therefore makes us better.

Not everybody wants that, and just because some people are looking for music to dance to, that doesn't mean we're superior to them. Have you ever felt the energy in a room when there's a bunch of drunk people singing Journey, or Queen, or even modern stuff like Black Eyed Peas or Far East Movement? There's a definite energy and joy in that crowd that you will never see from a bunch of Immortal Technique fans, or even at a Nas show. The fact is, simpler music does a better job at transfering energy, and leads to a more social experience. It's meant to be something you only somewhat pay attention to. If you told Nicki Minaj that you did a dissertation on her music, she'd likely call you an idiot (or call security), because that's NOT what it's meant for.

Do I personally prefer listening to dudes like Bill, Nimbus, Scuare, SonReal, CityReal, Immortal Technique, Diabolic, Zion I, etc to listening to club songs when it's just me or me and a couple of buddies? Hell yes. Would I ever bust out an underground track in a party? Nope.

Now, Kanye is one of those weird transition dudes. He's got a lot of the social aspect to his music, but he also does show depth at times, and he's always experimenting with his music. Would I call him a top 15 rapper? No. But he makes solid music, is a great producer, and knows how to assemble the right people together so that they can make a dope song. How can you hate on that?

It's weird with Kanye, because the club types like but don't really love him, underground fans bash him because he blew up, and yet, dude still has a MASSIVE audience for his music.However, I still think he's one of those dudes that people get into when they first start liking hip hop, before finding their particular niche, similar to how I know a lot of dudes got started on hip hop from Eminem and Linkin Park.

Why hate on that?

TL;dr: don't hate because something isn't your style and has found it's audience. Just realize you don't like it and move on.

~Mike~

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2012-09-22 19:40:39

lets talk about rap from the UK, stuff like lowkey, akala, jehst, task force etc

thoughts/opinions/favourites?

MrPercie on Dromedary: "smug santa claus face, bringing nicieties to those he likes but shite to those he hates - which is everyone"

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2012-09-22 20:27:39

At 9/22/12 07:40 PM, Wyze-Stingray wrote:
Now, Kanye is one of those weird transition dudes. He's got a lot of the social aspect to his music, but he also does show depth at times, and he's always experimenting with his music. Would I call him a top 15 rapper? No. But he makes solid music, is a great producer, and knows how to assemble the right people together so that they can make a dope song. How can you hate on that?

Dude, I wasn't hating on Kanye or his ability. I said he is a talented pop artist/producer. That's what I see him as, and there's nothing wrong with that. I do, however, disrespect his ego. He blew up, fine. But he also lost his humanity. He sees himself as someone who is above everyone else, and maybe you think he is.

To me, nobody has the right to see himself as "above" others. There are super famous people who are as down to earth as can be, so you can't say fame is an excuse for being a self-absorbed dickhead. Also- he is NOT hip hop to me.

I like all kinds of music, but to me- hip hop is not pop music, or even rap music for that matter. Hip Hop is about real life issues, life's struggles, and of course- blasting the shit out of fools with sheer gangsterness.

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2012-09-22 21:42:04

At 9/22/12 07:40 PM, Wyze-Stingray wrote: Actually, hold up a minute here, there's some definite thoughts to be had here.

I gotta say something on that. Actually, that assessment was really great, Wyze, no joke, great points. I actually agree with, well, all of it.

My point is really that I wanna talk about the NG scene on the NG board. I'm not a fuck Kanye or a love Kanye guy. I don't care, truly, about Kanye. He gets enough attention. I would rather be talking about the beef between KB and Ses or who is this new TK guy that just jumped out of the woodwork...or if Ax is gonna ever come out with that collab we did like 3-4 years ago... stuff that has to do with US.

Like my music video channel that you should subscribe to.

no, really...DON'T CLICK THE PIC

BBS Signature

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2012-09-22 22:32:18

At 9/22/12 09:42 PM, SenatorJohnDean wrote:
At 9/22/12 07:40 PM, Wyze-Stingray wrote: Actually, hold up a minute here, there's some definite thoughts to be had here.
I gotta say something on that. Actually, that assessment was really great, Wyze, no joke, great points. I actually agree with, well, all of it.

My point is really that I wanna talk about the NG scene on the NG board. I'm not a fuck Kanye or a love Kanye guy. I don't care, truly, about Kanye. He gets enough attention. I would rather be talking about the beef between KB and Ses or who is this new TK guy that just jumped out of the woodwork...or if Ax is gonna ever come out with that collab we did like 3-4 years ago... stuff that has to do with US.

Like my music video channel that you should subscribe to.

Ditto.

I don't mind the occasional "Recommend me an artist" or "Which Wu-Tang member is the best?" post, but I mainly wanna hear about Newgrounds rap.

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2012-09-22 22:52:48

At 9/22/12 10:32 PM, Vlashxx wrote:
I don't mind the occasional "Recommend me an artist" or "Which Wu-Tang member is the best?" post, but I mainly wanna hear about Newgrounds rap.

I'm inclined to agree with Vlash and SJD. We're an awesome, productive community. I really don't mind talking about established hip hop artists, but we have so much good shit amongst ourselves that it could last us forever. Also, I can't fucking wait for the next Clabtrap competition- Imma win that shit.

Oh and Wyze, I know you are a smart dude. I didn't mean it when I said "maybe you think Kanye is entitled to be a dick" or whatever the hell it was I said.

Also, if Axtekk is still alive- Would you please release the super collab so we can all shut the hell up about it? I know a few of us (including myself) weren't too happy with our verses, but everyone on it is a good rapper, and it would be a shame if it never got released. Also I'm gonna pm you because you never socialize on the thread anymore.

ALSO ALSO- I think we should infiltrate the My Little Pony fan club and just pretend it is and has always been a hip hop discussion board. Actually I'm kind of drunk, don't do that.

Oh yeah- WHERE THE FUCK IS PIGPEN? How I long for his trolling. I hope he's still breathing.

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2012-09-23 00:19:04

Double posting like a G should:

Are there any confident artists up here who would be willing to make a logo/album cover for our NewGrounds-born hip hop band Problem Child? Of course you'd get full credit on the album and everything. I know some artists up here but I won't call them out because I'd like someone to actually want to do this for us, so if you're up for making some art for an up-and-coming hip hop group, please hit me back either here or in a pm.

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2012-09-23 03:26:04

At 9/22/12 10:52 PM, Teqneek wrote:

Oh and Wyze, I know you are a smart dude. I didn't mean it when I said "maybe you think Kanye is entitled to be a dick" or whatever the hell it was I said.

O For sure. I know you guys weren't being total hating bastards, but that's also something I feel most underground fans (myself included) need to hear, and we were getting dangerously close to hating territory for a second there.

~Mike~

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2012-09-23 06:57:35

At 9/22/12 07:40 PM, Wyze-Stingray wrote: Have you ever felt the energy in a room when there's a bunch of drunk people singing Journey

Dude, Journey is awesome.

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2012-09-23 06:59:36

At 9/22/12 07:40 PM, Dromedary wrote: lets talk about rap from the UK, stuff like lowkey, akala, jehst, task force etc

thoughts/opinions/favourites?

YEEEEAHHHH
I went off Lowkey recently, not sure why. Can't say I'm familiar with Akala either. Fan of the other two.

Favourites gotta be Dirty Dike, Stig of the Dump, Dr. Syntax and Leaf Dog. A lot of people hype Fliptrix a lot, he's good and all that, but I find myself skipping a lot of his songs for some reason.

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2012-09-23 15:05:04

At 9/22/12 10:52 PM, Teqneek wrote:
At 9/22/12 10:32 PM, Vlashxx wrote:
ALSO ALSO- I think we should infiltrate the My Little Pony fan club and just pretend it is and has always been a hip hop discussion board. Actually I'm kind of drunk, don't do that.

That would be a great idea if humorless *** mods (backhair from pissytory) didn't try to swing their forever alone nutsack everywhere. LOL

I think we just have to sit back and bear it...Ax is sitting on that collab like a mother bird waitin for that motherfucker to hatch itself LMAO or maybe he finally got his girlfriend to do anal and he's sitting in ecstasy right now (with poopie dick) cuz he finally saw the light.

BBS Signature

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2012-09-24 03:39:34

alright, random question.
what's the difference between oldschool hip-hop and modern hip-hop? i'd check the NG's page for modern hip-hop, but that EyeOfMusik and RealMuzikProductions chaps are dominating the charts.

Bandcamp | Ko-Fi | John Wall of Sound's Bandcamp

one of these days i'll have a proper website lmao

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2012-09-24 04:21:42

At 9/24/12 03:39 AM, Yoshiii343 wrote: alright, random question.
what's the difference between oldschool hip-hop and modern hip-hop? i'd check the NG's page for modern hip-hop, but that EyeOfMusik and RealMuzikProductions chaps are dominating the charts.

It really seems to differ from person to person. For some, it's the year it was produced in. For others it's the feel of the music. And some will say that it's defined by use of samples vs. original compostions. If you've browsed the Hip Hop genres, you'll notice a LOT(I dare say the majority) of submissions use samples, as opposed to a more dominant number of original sounds in the Modern portal.

For me personally, it's the feel of the music. I generally tend to think of jazzy, funky, or soul-inspired hip hop as old school, and the more electronic-influenced stuff as modern. DJ Delinquent(who sadly was banned a while back) used to post some horror-themed beats, mostly using bells and the like, with a bit of an industrial feel(think of them as the Korn of hip hop). Some would label him as old school due to his sampling, but personally, I think the hard-hitting style of his tracks fit the modern genre best. I tried to find his Soundcloud page to link you to it, but that's been suspended as well.

Hope that answers your question to some extent. I'm by no means claiming to be a Hip Hop expert, but that's my take on it.

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2012-09-24 05:29:32

At 9/23/12 03:05 PM, SenatorJohnDean wrote: I think we just have to sit back and bear it...Ax is sitting on that collab like a mother bird waitin for that motherfucker to hatch itself LMAO or maybe he finally got his girlfriend to do anal and he's sitting in ecstasy right now (with poopie dick) cuz he finally saw the light.

I was figuring he must have been doing the nasty, 'cause he hasn't been around here in ages ahah. You gotta find time for sex AND newgrounds. That's what we call a healthy balance.

As far as oldskool/modern: I haven't got a fucking clue. Oldskool is like, Aceyalone and Tribe Called Quest. Modern is... Modern artists??

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2012-09-24 06:16:37

At 9/24/12 04:21 AM, JackRocker wrote: everything you just posted

Thank you for the explanation. I guess I share the same view that funk/soul influenced stuff as old school, whereas the electro/techno influenced stuff as modern.

I don't know why but lately, I feel like making some hip-hop beats, y'know? Maybe to expand my horizons/give something back to the fellow artists, I guess?

Not to mention the fact that one of my mates asked me to make him a hip-hop beat, and I know next to nothing about hip-hop.

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2012-09-24 08:43:16

At 9/24/12 06:16 AM, Yoshiii343 wrote:
Not to mention the fact that one of my mates asked me to make him a hip-hop beat, and I know next to nothing about hip-hop.

Just listen to a bunch of different hip hop and take influence from it. Learn the clichés and standards etc. Be sure to post it here if you do make something!

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2012-09-24 09:00:30

At 9/24/12 04:21 AM, JackRocker wrote:
At 9/24/12 03:39 AM, Yoshiii343 wrote: alright, random question.

The only old school worth listening to is Senator John Dean as a child.
The only modern worth listening to is Senator John Dean now.

Questions?

BBS Signature

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2012-09-24 10:21:16

At 9/21/12 03:47 PM, SenatorJohnDean wrote: Enough people are talking about Kanye. We don't need that crap here. We have our own scene.

My response to what Wyze said goes here:
Good point, very good point. However, bad example. Kanye is a good producer, I'll give him that. However, he built most of his fanbase off of stolen lyrics. So no props go to him.

MJ, Facebook isn't a good place to promote any more cuz the little figgy facebook shits unchecked the newspost box for new likes. That means if someone likes your page, they have to go find the newspost box and check it manually now, which nobody is going to do. Maybe they will if you beg them. I dunno.

I'm trying to find new methods of promo myself because Facebook now sucks unless you pay. And I ain't payin not one red cent right now.

I recently bought some ads on FB after I got tons of people to share the page and shit, to get some different faces in the competition and give it a little more exposure. The fan thing almost immediately went from 60 to 93, and it says I've spent about $8.93 (I told it to spend as much as 25).

I guess my biggest question is, do you think that ad would be worth it? Around $9 for 33 likes, and none of them wanted to join or fill out an application. What do you guys think?

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2012-09-24 10:45:42

At 9/24/12 10:21 AM, mjohnson00 wrote: I guess my biggest question is, do you think that ad would be worth it? Around $9 for 33 likes, and none of them wanted to join or fill out an application. What do you guys think?

9 dollars for 33 more people, but isn't interested in your comp? That's just dickish. I mean, did they say they'll spread word about you?

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2012-09-24 11:53:12

At 9/24/12 10:45 AM, Yoshiii343 wrote: 9 dollars for 33 more people, but isn't interested in your comp? That's just dickish. I mean, did they say they'll spread word about you?

No, but yes. It just generates an advertisement that stays on the side of people's walls. Mainly, people who are interested in Hip Hop.

So when those people log on they see the advertisement stating Like this page for a chance to win $500 or around something like that.

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2012-09-24 12:25:43

this place is boring. niqqas know im raw, tunaroll.

BBS Signature

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2012-09-24 19:21:45

At 9/24/12 03:39 AM, Yoshiii343 wrote:
i'd check the NG's page for modern hip-hop, but that EyeOfMusik and RealMuzikProductions chaps are dominating the charts.

What makes you think TEOM is "dominating the charts"? The last comment on his page was from last year, and his newest track has been out for a month and only has 186 plays. Plus he's a horrible, delusional, terrible human being in general. Some of the shit he says is incredibly and unjustifiably arrogant. He is either a troll, or has serious mental issues.

I actually wouldn't mind him if he would rap about anything other than how awesome he is, because he has a decent flow and mic presence. But he's not dominating shit.

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2012-09-24 20:05:53

At 9/24/12 10:21 AM, mjohnson00 wrote:
At 9/21/12 03:47 PM, SenatorJohnDean wrote: What do you guys think?

Not tryna brag, but you see how many likes I have, just under 500 in like 3 months on Facebook. You don't have to pay for em, you just gotta personally promote. And like I was tryna tell you, just getting likes is bullshit now because they don't see your news posts unless they manually hit the checkbox.

I think you should ask yourself what the likes are for before you start spending money. Then you can determine yourself if the money is worth it or not.

But in order to be worth it, you should be able to put your finger on a dollar amount that the like will bring you, and that dollar amount should be more than the money you spend to get it.

That's all I got to say on that shit. Fuckin business degree better be worth something.

BBS Signature