• 1,288 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Poniiboi
Poniiboi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Musician
Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans Oct. 10th, 2012 @ 10:33 AM Reply

At 10/10/12 10:09 AM, mjohnson00 wrote:
At 10/9/12 10:59 AM, SenatorJohnDean wrote: You can't party. You're married. Your parties would be like nursing home ice cream socials.
He speaks the truth.

Don't get mad. You have someone to love and cherish you through thick and thin, for better or for worse, for the rest of your life.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH FAG

(I'm kidding I'm mad jelly I want a wife)

no, really...DON'T CLICK THE PIC

BBS Signature
AoKoMo
AoKoMo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans Oct. 11th, 2012 @ 04:43 AM Reply

just wanna give a big shout out to Wolfie his last two appearances in HDC's battles have been beast would be awesome to see him battle some of the guys from the clabtrap's semi finals any of them would make a beast as battle

The feeling of loseing when you gave it your best is a great dissapointment but not trying at all and giveing up makes you the greatest dissapointment of all!

NogginmenAnimations
NogginmenAnimations
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Musician
Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans Oct. 11th, 2012 @ 09:39 AM Reply

In case anyone here is up for a battle:

• Cravens
    Cravens by NogginmenAnimations

Callin' out anybody.

Score
    0 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Hip Hop - Olskool
    Popularity

Teqneek
Teqneek
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans Oct. 11th, 2012 @ 03:14 PM Reply

At 10/11/12 09:39 AM, NogginmenAnimations wrote: In case anyone here is up for a battle:
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/506659

They scurred dawg. I have a battle (and a track with you) in the works, so I must respectfully decline.

Wolfie
Wolfie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans Oct. 11th, 2012 @ 07:28 PM Reply

At 10/11/12 04:43 AM, AoKoMo wrote: just wanna give a big shout out to Wolfie his last two appearances in HDC's battles have been beast would be awesome to see him battle some of the guys from the clabtrap's semi finals any of them would make a beast as battle

Hah, thank you for the kinds words, I really appreciate it.

BUT, I'm still only a rookie. The ClabTrab competitors are all better than me, I think (especially the semi-finalists). I still need much practice before I consider taking on those guys (and before I consider myself a good battler, for that matter).

It's good to know you've enjoyed my battles, though. Thanks for listening!

Buujack
Buujack
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Musician
Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans Oct. 12th, 2012 @ 01:08 PM Reply

all y'all are gay and boring.
this is what happens when u let white people, make a hip hop thread!
DAMN all u guys do is TALK "Hip Hop Emcees", offffff, yall are killing hip hop.
GODDAMIT!

Gimme a minute! And im in it! Yo moma that is!

BBS Signature
Buujack
Buujack
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Musician
Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans Oct. 12th, 2012 @ 01:10 PM Reply

RESPECT TO NogginmenAnimations
HE'S SEEMS TO KNOW WHAT RAP IS ABOUT!

BBS Signature
NogginmenAnimations
NogginmenAnimations
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Musician
Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans Oct. 12th, 2012 @ 02:41 PM Reply

At 10/12/12 01:10 PM, Buujack wrote: RESPECT TO NogginmenAnimations

Thanks, I guess. I don't see you accepting my challenge though.

On another note, Jus Allah, opinions?

Poniiboi
Poniiboi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Musician
Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans Oct. 12th, 2012 @ 07:48 PM Reply

At 10/12/12 02:41 PM, NogginmenAnimations wrote:

More people should post here so we get like, better status or something. Who is Jus Allah?

BBS Signature
Rampant
Rampant
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans Oct. 12th, 2012 @ 08:30 PM Reply

Hey, sexy ladies, did you know that you can now pre-order Incorrigible? No? Well... now, you do.

It costs $2 (but you can pay more if you want), and it will release on December 12th.

James Graham is ranked as the 307,000,000th sexiest man alive, and this is his debut album.

Featuring his hit song, and consistently rated as the 2nd worst song ever written, "As Cool As I Am," this album is guaranteed to make a great holiday gift for anyone you hate.

The track listing:
01. Introduction
02. As Cool As I Am
03. Incorrigible
04. Radio 66.6
05. Republic of Rhyme (feat. Teqneek)
06. You're Beautiful (When You're On Your Knees)
07. Professor Swag
08. Party Hard
09. Slumber Party!
10. Something To Remember Me By

And to sweeten the deal a little more: when the album is released, you'll receive FREE download links to two more albums, both previously-unreleased, PLUS a free copy of the Trippin Kitchen soundtrack.

NogginmenAnimations
NogginmenAnimations
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Musician
Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans Oct. 13th, 2012 @ 06:25 AM Reply

At 10/12/12 07:48 PM, SenatorJohnDean wrote:

More people should post here so we get like, better status or something. Who is Jus Allah?

He is Vinnie Paz's butt buddy. I kinda like him to be honest. His flow is kinda predictable, but his lyrics are fairly good and his aggression is through the roof.

NogginmenAnimations
NogginmenAnimations
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Musician
Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans Oct. 13th, 2012 @ 06:33 AM Reply

Here's an example. Jus is on the first verse. I know some guys here are probably not into JMT, but here it is anyway.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbW6JTGEytE

Buujack
Buujack
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Musician
Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans Oct. 13th, 2012 @ 01:55 PM Reply

i dont have a mic bruh. i would challenge u bruh.
I RIDE FOR MY NIQQAS DAWG!

BBS Signature
Rampant
Rampant
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans Oct. 14th, 2012 @ 02:50 PM Reply

At 10/1/12 04:41 AM, Wyze-Stingray wrote: For any interested, I just released my debut debut album: Life on http:;//wyze-stingray.bandcamp.com . Go download it free (or pay if you're feeling generous). I should be available for more collabs now.

I had $8 in my PayPal. So - as promised - now you've got mail. (And money.)

Blasphem-E
Blasphem-E
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans Oct. 15th, 2012 @ 04:15 AM Reply

At 10/14/12 02:50 PM, RampantMusik wrote:

very much appreciated. I hope you enjoy the album

~Mike~

Rampant
Rampant
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans Oct. 15th, 2012 @ 08:51 PM Reply

At 10/15/12 04:15 AM, Wyze-Stingray wrote:
At 10/14/12 02:50 PM, RampantMusik wrote:
very much appreciated. I hope you enjoy the album

No problem. Always happy to support other musicians.

Unless they sell out and sign to a major label >:(

Teqneek - your album is next on my list, whenever I happen across some more money... (*hint hint* four of you could pre-order my goddamn album).

Teqneek
Teqneek
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans Oct. 15th, 2012 @ 09:14 PM Reply

At 10/15/12 08:51 PM, RampantMusik wrote:

No problem. Always happy to support other musicians.
Teqneek - your album is next on my list, whenever I happen across some more money... (*hint hint* four of you could pre-order my goddamn album).

Shit, only 2 fucking people bought my 20 track album, so that sucks. I actually have more songs on that bitch than total downloads lol wtf. But you know I'll be buying yo album Rampant; it's gonna be awesome I'm sure, and well worth the price.

I hope you have better luck with your release than I did, sheeeeesh...

Rampant
Rampant
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans Oct. 15th, 2012 @ 09:39 PM Reply

At 10/15/12 09:14 PM, Teqneek wrote: I hope you have better luck with your release than I did, sheeeeesh...

Haha, I doubt it. Even my friends haven't pre-ordered it: shit, it's only two fucking dollars. So, what, they'd have to forgo their fucking venti soy half-caf double-shot white chocolate mocha with peppermint, no whip, for one morning? Oh, no, how terrible that would be.

Teqneek
Teqneek
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans Oct. 15th, 2012 @ 09:59 PM Reply

At 10/15/12 09:39 PM, RampantMusik wrote:
At 10/15/12 09:14 PM, Teqneek wrote: I hope you have better luck with your release than I did, sheeeeesh...
Haha, I doubt it. Even my friends haven't pre-ordered it: shit, it's only two fucking dollars. So, what, they'd have to forgo their fucking venti soy half-caf double-shot white chocolate mocha with peppermint, no whip, for one morning? Oh, no, how terrible that would be.

I'm not stressing over people not paying for my album, I just thought it would have more downloads. I haven't really tried promoting it outside of Newgrounds, so that's probably why it has so little downloads. Still kind of sucks because I put a shitload of work into that album, but I am glad that people are digging it so thank you to everyone who did get my Album.

Poniiboi
Poniiboi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Musician
Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans Oct. 16th, 2012 @ 06:13 AM Reply

Fuck that I'm sellin and if you got the opportunity you know yo bitch ass would too. That's like saying you are a graphic designer and wouldn't take a job at Disney cuz that's sellout shit. FUCKTHAT

BBS Signature
RRStudios
RRStudios
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans Oct. 16th, 2012 @ 11:07 AM Reply

At 10/16/12 06:13 AM, SenatorJohnDean wrote: Fuck that I'm sellin and if you got the opportunity you know yo bitch ass would too. That's like saying you are a graphic designer and wouldn't take a job at Disney cuz that's sellout shit. FUCKTHAT

You'd change your entire image and music for a major record deal?

Rampant
Rampant
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans Oct. 16th, 2012 @ 11:15 AM Reply

At 10/16/12 06:13 AM, SenatorJohnDean wrote:
Fuck that I'm sellin and if you got the opportunity you know yo bitch ass would too. That's like saying you are a graphic designer and wouldn't take a job at Disney cuz that's sellout shit. FUCKTHAT

I don't buy major label albums, and I would never sign a major label contract, because the artist won't get any of that money. It's how record labels work: you get an advance for your album, then all of that money (plus 'marketing' costs, plus CD printing costs, plus various other obscure costs the label manages to "find") become recoupables. And the artist won't get shit until all of his/her combined sales (album sales, mostly, but with 360 deals, now the labels can take some of your merchandising and touring profit, etc., too) make up that money... if you're getting a $600,000 advance, recoupables can be well into the $1,000,000's.

So, basically, the advance money the label gives you to produce your album is the only paycheck you're guaranteed as an artist.

I would consider signing to a small label, yeah, because those generally have terms more favorable to the artist: with some of them, you're not even really 'signed,' per se, they just handle the distribution - you split the upfront costs 50/50, and then on the back-end you split the profits, too.

So while you might take that opportunity, if I were ever offered a major label contract, I would politely decline it.

Blasphem-E
Blasphem-E
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans Oct. 17th, 2012 @ 02:16 AM Reply

In a separate note, check out the Bonus EP for Life. http://wyze-stingray.bandcamp.com . And no, I'm not asking for more cash, I appreciate all of you who purchased the album.

Also, it's been too many pages since we've organized a collab on here.

~Mike~

Poniiboi
Poniiboi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Musician
Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans Oct. 17th, 2012 @ 10:35 AM Reply

At 10/16/12 11:07 AM, mjohnson00 wrote:
At 10/16/12 06:13 AM, SenatorJohnDean wrote: Fuck that I'm sellin and if you got the opportunity you know yo bitch ass would too. That's like saying you are a graphic designer and wouldn't take a job at Disney cuz that's sellout shit. FUCKTHAT
You'd change your entire image and music for a major record deal?

It's easy to say what you would and wouldn't take, but fact is that none of you knows WHAT'S really in a major label contract, since there's no standard. Yea, I've read all the same music industry books as you guys, so STFU sayin I don't know anything.

Mark, as for "changing everything" that's just too broad of a question, and it's shortsighted. You sell records, then you get control, just like in any fuckin job. You perform, THEN you get promoted. Look at the careers of long term artists like Pink and Outkast (my favs, so I picked em). The music they did at the beginning of their careers is nowhere close to what they are doing now, but they gained that power bit by bit, not by being all rebellious at the beginning and wanting everything at once.

All yall stop putting forth this retarded stereotypical image of what a contract is and what you have to do to get one, cuz the truth is none of ya knows.

BBS Signature
Rampant
Rampant
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans Oct. 17th, 2012 @ 11:38 AM Reply

At 10/17/12 10:35 AM, SenatorJohnDean wrote: It's easy to say what you would and wouldn't take, but fact is that none of you knows WHAT'S really in a major label contract, since there's no standard. Yea, I've read all the same music industry books as you guys, so STFU sayin I don't know anything.

All yall stop putting forth this retarded stereotypical image of what a contract is and what you have to do to get one, cuz the truth is none of ya knows.

You've read books? Good for you. I've actually studied this though: before I transferred, I was in college studying the music industry, with a concentration in entertainment pre-law, with a minor in (music) business administration.

If you want to fool yourself into believing that labels aren't consistently screwing over artists, then that'll be your issue to deal with down the line.

If you want to go 'mainstream,' then fine. Your dubhop is mainstream-ish enough that I don't think you'll lose much or any of your "underground" fanbase; but don't be surprised if you get tossed aside by the label the moment your music stops being marketable.

Rampant
Rampant
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans Oct. 17th, 2012 @ 03:48 PM Reply

To slightly clarify what I said earlier: there are, obviously, smaller labels that are friendlier toward artists; however, SJD, you do not strike me as the type of person who would "settle for" a small label contract.

Poniiboi
Poniiboi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Musician
Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans Oct. 17th, 2012 @ 04:10 PM Reply

At 10/17/12 03:48 PM, RampantMusik wrote: To slightly clarify what I said earlier: there are, obviously, smaller labels that are friendlier toward artists; however, SJD, you do not strike me as the type of person who would "settle for" a small label contract.

I am the type of person who does not generalize; if I am able to attract the attention of ANY label, I'm throwing all these assumptions to the side and I will negotiate the piece of paper that is in front of me.

I've always been able to make paths where others said there was no path when it comes to employment. This is because I read the books, but I don't let them define my reality. In a free for all like the music business, you get what you negotiate, nothing more, nothing less. And that's it. All the assumptions mean nothing.

BBS Signature
Poniiboi
Poniiboi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Musician
Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans Oct. 17th, 2012 @ 04:12 PM Reply

At 10/17/12 11:38 AM, RampantMusik wrote:
but don't be surprised if you get tossed aside by the label the moment your music stops being marketable.

How is this different from any job in which a person becomes obsolete? LOL you act like I can't grow as a musician like Kid Rock did, like Pink did, like Outkast did...of course if you stick with the same thing you'll get tossed, just like a computer programmer that still thinks he can make it using Visual Basic. This is not news.

Remain relevant to stay employed. Fact of life, not "record companies screwing artists over."

BBS Signature
RRStudios
RRStudios
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans Oct. 18th, 2012 @ 10:18 AM Reply

At 10/17/12 10:35 AM, SenatorJohnDean wrote: Pink & Outkast

Pink? She sucks.

Outkast? They've clearly sold out more now, than they did when they were actually good.

With all of the above being stated, I'm not sure what comparisons you're trying to make.

Poniiboi
Poniiboi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Musician
Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans Oct. 18th, 2012 @ 10:31 AM Reply

At 10/18/12 10:18 AM, mjohnson00 wrote:
At 10/17/12 10:35 AM, SenatorJohnDean wrote: Pink & Outkast
Pink? She sucks.

Outkast? They've clearly sold out more now, than they did when they were actually good.

With all of the above being stated, I'm not sure what comparisons you're trying to make.

Fact u think they suck has NOTHING to do with the point I'm making. UR trying soooo hard to switch the subject cuz you know I have a point you can't counter. LOL HAHAHAHAHAHA ur bad at debating

BBS Signature