Be a Supporter!

Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans

  • 45,494 Views
  • 1,297 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Teqneek
Teqneek
  • Member since: Feb. 13, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Musician
Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2012-08-13 17:26:46 Reply

This club is for the Hip Hop heads on Newgrounds. Here you can discuss, collaborate, share tips, and drop off your tracks for review.

NogginmenAnimations
NogginmenAnimations
  • Member since: Mar. 1, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Musician
Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2012-08-13 18:08:30 Reply

At 8/13/12 05:26 PM, Teqneek wrote: This club is for the Hip Hop heads on Newgrounds. Here you can discuss, collaborate, share tips, and drop off your tracks for review.

I feel like a pioneer into a new world right now.

I suppose I'll kick of proceedings by attempting once again to force you all to listen to this bullshit.

  • Hashtag Clabtrap
    Hashtag Clabtrap by NogginmenAnimations

    Just a few bars

    Score
    4.63 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Hip Hop - Olskool
    Popularity
    47 Views

Obsideo
Obsideo
  • Member since: Jan. 9, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Musician
Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2012-08-13 21:29:04 Reply

Let's start this off with some sadness!

http://soundcloud.com/tatehansen/sixteen-bars-sampler

That's a kid I know in real life who's a rapper.

WHO ALREADY HAS A RECORD DEAL.

I can't see why.

NogginmenAnimations
NogginmenAnimations
  • Member since: Mar. 1, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Musician
Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2012-08-13 21:36:11 Reply

At 8/13/12 09:29 PM, Obsideo wrote: Let's start this off with some sadness!

I... What?

By the way Obsideo, do you have recording capabilities yet?

Obsideo
Obsideo
  • Member since: Jan. 9, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Musician
Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2012-08-13 21:54:28 Reply

At 8/13/12 09:36 PM, NogginmenAnimations wrote:
At 8/13/12 09:29 PM, Obsideo wrote: Let's start this off with some sadness!
I... What?

By the way Obsideo, do you have recording capabilities yet?

I do! I just dropped like $1300 (828.62 pounds, you Brit) on new musical equipment.

Teqneek
Teqneek
  • Member since: Feb. 13, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Musician
Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2012-08-13 21:55:18 Reply

At 8/13/12 09:29 PM, Obsideo wrote:
That's a kid I know in real life who's a rapper.

WHO ALREADY HAS A RECORD DEAL.

Hahaha come on man, you gotta be kidding me! What did he blackmail a record exec or something?

Obsideo
Obsideo
  • Member since: Jan. 9, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Musician
Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2012-08-13 22:19:58 Reply

At 8/13/12 09:55 PM, Teqneek wrote:
At 8/13/12 09:29 PM, Obsideo wrote:
That's a kid I know in real life who's a rapper.

WHO ALREADY HAS A RECORD DEAL.
Hahaha come on man, you gotta be kidding me! What did he blackmail a record exec or something?

Well he's signed to Sack Rome records, which has less than 200 fans on Facebook. Also, I couldn't even find it on Google.

NogginmenAnimations
NogginmenAnimations
  • Member since: Mar. 1, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Musician
Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2012-08-13 22:57:56 Reply

At 8/13/12 10:19 PM, Obsideo wrote: Well he's signed to Sack Rome records, which has less than 200 fans on Facebook. Also, I couldn't even find it on Google.

That doesn't count.

It's okay guys, we don't have to kill ourselves now.

DocterCerebro
DocterCerebro
  • Member since: Nov. 8, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Musician
Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2012-08-14 14:00:29 Reply

At 8/13/12 09:29 PM, Obsideo wrote: Let's start this off with some sadness!

http://soundcloud.com/tatehansen/sixteen-bars-sampler

That's a kid I know in real life who's a rapper.

WHO ALREADY HAS A RECORD DEAL.

I can't see why.

This my new favorite rapper.

Teqneek
Teqneek
  • Member since: Feb. 13, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Musician
Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2012-08-14 18:00:06 Reply

Since we're on the subject of god-awful rappers, you guys HAVE to check out this dude I used to know named Doc X. He is the worst rapper ever in the history of the universe.

He used to send me his recordings back in the day and, well, just listen to this shit.

My brother and I painstakingly analyzed and wrote his lyrics down for your enjoyment. They are in the song description, and are essential to the Doc X-perience. The entire Doc X back story is underneath the lyrics btw, just in case you were interested in how I came to know this guy.

Anyway check that shit out and let me know your thoughts. Oh yeah- I know it's hard to believe, but all his shit was written. I posted 4 Doc X tracks up on YouTube, so if you like train wrecks, check them all out.

Pimp Hand Str8

Da Return

Devil's Playground

Death of Skarekrow

This is a picture of Doc X:

Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans

Dromedary
Dromedary
  • Member since: Apr. 1, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Melancholy
Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2012-08-14 19:23:40 Reply

At 8/14/12 06:00 PM, Teqneek wrote: Since we're on the subject of god-awful rappers

Yeah my local rap scene is 99% talentless hacks. See below:

1
2
3

Saying there isn't much talent around here is a fucking huge understatement.


MrPercie on Dromedary: "smug santa claus face, bringing nicieties to those he likes but shite to those he hates - which is everyone"

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature
Wolfie
Wolfie
  • Member since: Jun. 3, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Musician
Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2012-08-14 22:54:50 Reply

Hello, everyone. This is Wolfie, and I'm just dropping by to introduce myself, seeing as how I don't post on the forums much.

I would also like to say that I'm open for collaborations, so if you've listened to anything I've uploaded to Newgrounds (and liked it), feel free to send a PM. I've already made a song with fellow Newgrounds user Lyrik, so you can check that out in the following link, in case you've never heard of me (or him, for that matter. He's the first guy).

  • Vivid Imaginations-Wolfie
    Vivid Imaginations-Wolfie by LyRikLyNkLyNd

    lack of contrast between imagination and reality

    Score
    4.58 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Hip Hop - Olskool
    Popularity
    224 Views

I've kept up with the Clabtrap competition/thread, and despite the arguing that went on every now and then, you all seem like pretty cool people, so I hope to collaborate with some of you guys in the future.

Luke
Luke
  • Member since: Oct. 24, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 33
Gamer
Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2012-08-15 15:00:13 Reply

I am on a musical hiatus right now, but here are some links:

  • The Brink
    The Brink by Luke

    Back from drug addiction...

    Score
    4.72 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Hip Hop - Olskool
    Popularity
    465 Views
  • RAGE QUIT!
    RAGE QUIT! by Luke

    YEAEEAAAAAHH

    Score
    3.73 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Hip Hop - Olskool
    Popularity
    3,373 Views
  • A World Away.
    A World Away. by Luke

    aliens?

    Score
    4.41 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Hip Hop - Olskool
    Popularity
    659 Views
  • Uncaged w/ T.R.E & PhrOzen
    Uncaged w/ T.R.E & PhrOzen by Luke

    The biggest badasses in the entire universe collaborate on a track to save every last huma

    Score
    4.42 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Hip Hop - Olskool
    Popularity
    502 Views

And one that Newgrounds would not upload, a big favourite of mine:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPJ3NppnWeI


Yeah, whatever.
PSN ID: REDSiN66

BizzarroPMP
BizzarroPMP
  • Member since: Aug. 22, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2012-08-15 17:10:48 Reply

Cool.

I'm banned from the audio portal on this account, but I make beats and stuff on my other accounts.

http://promotionproductions.newgrounds.com/audio/
http://dagg.newgrounds.com/audio/


Zeppelyn: Since when does the bladder control the "poo poo"?
convict357: Um, you mean you f*ck chickens, turkeys are male chickens.

BBS Signature
Teqneek
Teqneek
  • Member since: Feb. 13, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Musician
Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2012-08-15 17:25:06 Reply

Awww sheeeeit, we've officially begun working on tracks for Problem Child! Hopefully it won't take 5 years for the album to get done, but so far we're on a decent pace to put it out this year. In the meantime I'll be doing some solo work and collabs with various rapsmiths.

Also, thanks for posting your tracks and stuff fellas, I'm gonna check some of them out tonight. And don't be afraid to socialize here; we're expecting this to be much more than just a link dump.

KillBillvolume2
KillBillvolume2
  • Member since: Jun. 17, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Musician
Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2012-08-15 20:03:14 Reply

Rapper/Producer/DJ Kill Bill checking in.

I know most of you fuckers from CLABTRAP/Around the internetz, but to everyone else here.

HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Also, totally related, check the new mix out, if you like loud 808 basslines.

Kill Bill Presents: The Knuckle Up 2012 Super Happy Funtime Megamix (For Winners)

Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans

NogginmenAnimations
NogginmenAnimations
  • Member since: Mar. 1, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Musician
Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2012-08-15 21:14:18 Reply

At 8/15/12 08:03 PM, KillBillvolume2 wrote: Kill Bill Presents: The Knuckle Up 2012 Super Happy Funtime Megamix (For Winners)

That cover is so amazing it shouldn't even be allowed. Like, it's just unfair to everyone else.

Off too Australia in a few hours to punch Pigpen in the nuts.

Teqneek
Teqneek
  • Member since: Feb. 13, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Musician
Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2012-08-15 21:51:21 Reply

At 8/15/12 09:14 PM, NogginmenAnimations wrote:
At 8/15/12 08:03 PM, KillBillvolume2 wrote: Kill Bill Presents: The Knuckle Up 2012 Super Happy Funtime Megamix (For Winners)
That cover is so amazing it shouldn't even be allowed. Like, it's just unfair to everyone else.

Off too Australia in a few hours to punch Pigpen in the nuts.

When you do it, can you say "Teqneek sends his regards BITCH!!!!!!" ?

Also, have a safe trip, and try not to get eaten by any of that ridiculous wildlife.

Yo Kill Bill, I noticed a (unless it was intentional) typo on your megamix cover; it says "KUNCKLE"!!!!!

Blasphem-E
Blasphem-E
  • Member since: Aug. 7, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2012-08-15 21:55:40 Reply

FYI: bad rappers are everywhere. They aren't exclusive to any one city. Although some of theseexamples are pretty terrible.


~Mike~

Dromedary
Dromedary
  • Member since: Apr. 1, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Melancholy
Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2012-08-15 23:23:31 Reply

So I've been broadening my horizons when it comes to hip hop, I'm mainly listening to jazz orientated stuff right now, stuff like Guru's Jazzmatazz, Funky DL, Buckshot LeFonque and Fela Soul. Does anybody know any jazz hip hop they can recommend? It would be appreciated, I'm always up for hearing a new artist or style.

Make sure to check Fela Soul if you haven't before by the way, it's where someone has mixed early De La Soul tracks with songs by the famous saxaphone player Fela Kuti. Good stuff right there.

MrPercie on Dromedary: "smug santa claus face, bringing nicieties to those he likes but shite to those he hates - which is everyone"

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature
Teqneek
Teqneek
  • Member since: Feb. 13, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Musician
Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2012-08-15 23:30:19 Reply

At 8/15/12 11:23 PM, Dromedary wrote: Does anybody know any jazz hip hop they can recommend? It would be appreciated, I'm always up for hearing a new artist or style.

Make sure to check Fela Soul if you haven't before by the way, it's where someone has mixed early De La Soul tracks with songs by the famous saxaphone player Fela Kuti. Good stuff right there.

The Pharcyde, Digable Planets, Pete Rock, Tribe Called Quest, Justin Warfield etc.

I love that jazzy stuff.

killerrob
killerrob
  • Member since: Jan. 28, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Artist
Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2012-08-16 02:04:18 Reply

I just bought a Pastor Troy album. I have to say he's one of the best hardcore rappers out there.

Also I got a sample of a Hip Hop Mixtape from a group of kids up in Vancouver off one of my friends who's a producer. There is this one kid called "Pepsi Bust" who sounds like a young Twista, but he don't have the flow and can just mumble off into an unknown abyss until the next verse.

Expect something from this kid, his real name is Duncan Milne I beleive.


Tox isn't allowed to come or I'm not going-Suprememessage

BBS Signature
KillBillvolume2
KillBillvolume2
  • Member since: Jun. 17, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Musician
Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2012-08-16 03:21:49 Reply

At 8/15/12 11:23 PM, Dromedary wrote: So I've been broadening my horizons when it comes to hip hop, I'm mainly listening to jazz orientated stuff right now, stuff like Guru's Jazzmatazz, Funky DL, Buckshot LeFonque and Fela Soul. Does anybody know any jazz hip hop they can recommend? It would be appreciated, I'm always up for hearing a new artist or style.

Make sure to check Fela Soul if you haven't before by the way, it's where someone has mixed early De La Soul tracks with songs by the famous saxaphone player Fela Kuti. Good stuff right there.

Sinitus Tempo is great, you should definitely check him out if you like Jazz-Hop.

Also, Kunckle was completely intentional, it adds to the win.

AoKoMo
AoKoMo
  • Member since: Apr. 5, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2012-08-16 04:15:55 Reply

man im already ready for the 2013 clabtrap cant we have a 2012 2.0 edition ;P glad to see yall are keeping this community going all of you guys are legit and bring a special flavor to the rap game hope to see more beastly tracks from you all!


The feeling of loseing when you gave it your best is a great dissapointment but not trying at all and giveing up makes you the greatest dissapointment of all!

Blasphem-E
Blasphem-E
  • Member since: Aug. 7, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2012-08-16 07:38:14 Reply

At 8/16/12 04:15 AM, AoKoMo wrote: man im already ready for the 2013 clabtrap cant we have a 2012 2.0 edition ;P glad to see yall are keeping this community going all of you guys are legit and bring a special flavor to the rap game hope to see more beastly tracks from you all!

Check out mjohnson00.newgrounds.com He's been running a diss track competition, we're approaching the finals. Also, be on the lookout for my KOTD debut.


~Mike~

RRStudios
RRStudios
  • Member since: Jun. 6, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Musician
Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2012-08-16 09:09:45 Reply

Wyze's Diss Track:

  • DTT - TKO (Wyze)
    DTT - TKO (Wyze) by mjohnson00

    Wyze Stingray dissing TK

    Score
    2.79 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Hip Hop - Modern
    Popularity
    108 Views

TK's Diss Track:

  • DTT - Wyze Sucks (TK)
    DTT - Wyze Sucks (TK) by mjohnson00

    TK dissing Wyze Stingray

    Score
    3.24 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Hip Hop - Modern
    Popularity
    131 Views

Guys, this is the semi-finals of DTT, if you all could leave a vote and drop your knowledge, it'd be appreciated greatly. Thanks!

JackRocker
JackRocker
  • Member since: May. 27, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Musician
Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2012-08-16 14:26:28 Reply

At 8/15/12 11:30 PM, Teqneek wrote:
At 8/15/12 11:23 PM, Dromedary wrote: Does anybody know any jazz hip hop they can recommend? It would be appreciated, I'm always up for hearing a new artist or style.

Make sure to check Fela Soul if you haven't before by the way, it's where someone has mixed early De La Soul tracks with songs by the famous saxaphone player Fela Kuti. Good stuff right there.
The Pharcyde, Digable Planets, Pete Rock, Tribe Called Quest, Justin Warfield etc.

I love that jazzy stuff.

Also check out DJ Krush and Black Star. I wouldn't exactly call them jazzy, but they're along the same lines as the examples you provided.

Wolfie
Wolfie
  • Member since: Jun. 3, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Musician
Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2012-08-16 18:25:01 Reply

At 8/16/12 02:26 PM, JackRocker wrote:
At 8/15/12 11:30 PM, Teqneek wrote:
At 8/15/12 11:23 PM, Dromedary wrote: Does anybody know any jazz hip hop they can recommend? It would be appreciated, I'm always up for hearing a new artist or style.

Make sure to check Fela Soul if you haven't before by the way, it's where someone has mixed early De La Soul tracks with songs by the famous saxaphone player Fela Kuti. Good stuff right there.
The Pharcyde, Digable Planets, Pete Rock, Tribe Called Quest, Justin Warfield etc.

I love that jazzy stuff.
Also check out DJ Krush and Black Star. I wouldn't exactly call them jazzy, but they're along the same lines as the examples you provided.

Nujabes might also be worth checking out, too, I think. I'm not too informed on him, but the few stuff I've heard were good, and he sounds like what you're looking for.

Rampant
Rampant
  • Member since: Jan. 22, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Musician
Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2012-08-16 21:19:11 Reply

At 8/14/12 06:00 PM, Teqneek wrote: Since we're on the subject of god-awful rappers, you guys HAVE to check out this dude I used to know named Doc X. He is the worst rapper ever in the history of the universe.

Wow, this makes me look not completely terrible.

Teqneek
Teqneek
  • Member since: Feb. 13, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Musician
Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2012-08-16 21:38:52 Reply

At 8/16/12 09:19 PM, RampantMusik wrote:
At 8/14/12 06:00 PM, Teqneek wrote: Since we're on the subject of god-awful rappers, you guys HAVE to check out this dude I used to know named Doc X. He is the worst rapper ever in the history of the universe.
Wow, this makes me look not completely terrible.

Sometimes my friends and I will get drunk, blast Doc X songs, and sing the lyrics word for word. After hearing the songs hundreds of times, I'm starting to believe he was actually a genius.

Da Return is probably his most ridiculous track if you've never heard Doc X before, but Pimp Hand Str8 is his masterpiece. The lyrics are fucking bonkers.

Just saying, Doc X was an early inspiration for me.