MrPercie
MrPercie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 33
Gamer
Response to mass shooting at DKR screening Jul. 20th, 2012 @ 06:10 PM Reply

At 7/20/12 06:04 PM, SaltshakerClock wrote: Seriously most of the time massacres like this are politically motivated.

the oslo killings for example.

BBS Signature
Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Programmer
Response to mass shooting at DKR screening Jul. 20th, 2012 @ 06:10 PM Reply

At 7/20/12 06:08 PM, Fluttershy wrote: I think you need to go back to masturbating to pictures of George W Bush, redneck.

anything after this is just trolling. unless if you want to have a actual mature discussion.

VGmasters
VGmasters
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to mass shooting at DKR screening Jul. 20th, 2012 @ 06:14 PM Reply

Here we go again...

MiloBased
MiloBased
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to mass shooting at DKR screening Jul. 20th, 2012 @ 06:17 PM Reply

At 7/20/12 06:14 PM, VGmasters wrote: Here we go again...

"Yeah, he did have a lot of interest in that, He was always playing the video games," said criminal profiler Pat Brown this morning at around 9 am EST during a CNN segment.

"And IâEUTMm not saying video games make you a killer. But if youâEUTMre a psychopath, video games help you get in the mode to do the killing. So it is a problem in our society with teenaged psychopaths, that they do get inspired by this and want to make it real. So it is a danger but it doesnâEUTMt make you a psycho."

-Officially Based-I saw a girl die.

BBS Signature
SneakyGameBoy
SneakyGameBoy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Gamer
Response to mass shooting at DKR screening Jul. 20th, 2012 @ 06:26 PM Reply

For fuck sake they brought this shit up again. This is getting old. Like...Jack Thompson old. "Yes! Video games is the link to what was going through head! Congratulations guys you solved the case!" Assholes. CNN should know better to even bring that shit up they are no better than Fox News.

XBL Gamertag: Cpt D3FAULT | PSN ID: SNEAKYGAMEBOY | GAMING SINCE 2002 ;D

BBS Signature
GoodFang
GoodFang
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to mass shooting at DKR screening Jul. 20th, 2012 @ 06:26 PM Reply

I saw this in my newsfeed.

mass shooting at DKR screening

This is my badly made signature.

BBS Signature
Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Programmer
Response to mass shooting at DKR screening Jul. 20th, 2012 @ 06:27 PM Reply

At 7/20/12 06:26 PM, GoodFang wrote: I saw this in my newsfeed.

thats a good idea.

MiloBased
MiloBased
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to mass shooting at DKR screening Jul. 20th, 2012 @ 06:28 PM Reply

I'm down with lying to kids.

-Officially Based-I saw a girl die.

BBS Signature
LefyBoy
LefyBoy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Animator
Response to mass shooting at DKR screening Jul. 20th, 2012 @ 06:29 PM Reply

I've said it before and I'll say it again; NOTHING GOOD COMES FROM DC.

MrPercie
MrPercie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 33
Gamer
Response to mass shooting at DKR screening Jul. 20th, 2012 @ 06:30 PM Reply

At 7/20/12 06:23 PM, Zullzee wrote: I just hope this doesn't start some sort of TSA type bullshit security in movie theaters now. I'm sure the officials are salivating at that possibility now that they had tragedy happen to play off of people's fears and emotions.

is have extra secruity a bad thing?

or is because then that would come out of taxpayers money.

BBS Signature
RacistBassist
RacistBassist
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Melancholy
Response to mass shooting at DKR screening Jul. 20th, 2012 @ 06:32 PM Reply

At 7/20/12 06:30 PM, MrPercie wrote: is have extra secruity a bad thing?

or is because then that would come out of taxpayers money.

Both, unless it's payed for by the theater, which would just drive up prices of admission.

Security guards are fucking incompetent. The competent ones are like the Gestapo, no hyperbole, at all, 100% literal. We'll end up paying more, for shit security, or paying more, for too fucking good of security that will kick you out over anything

All the cool kids have signature text

BBS Signature
FUNKbrs
FUNKbrs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to mass shooting at DKR screening Jul. 20th, 2012 @ 06:33 PM Reply

At 7/20/12 05:58 PM, MrPercie wrote:

r. If all guns were banned and all black market guns were the main goal for goverment to stop then mass murders wouldnt be as bad

There is a way to have killed everyone in that theater with nothing more than poison ivy, a lighter, and brown paper bag.

People fixate on weapons, but the point is not "can man mass murder." Yes. Always has, always will. No law will ever change that.

Our problem is with the value we put on the lives of others. We get the things we need from corporations, not people, so the idea of killing a theatre full of people doesn't have a lot of repercussions to a guy who hasn't benefited much from their existence up to this point.

My band Sin City ScoundrelsOur song Vixen of Doom
HATE.
Because 2,000 years of "For God so loved the world" doesn't trump 1.2 million years of "Survival of the Fittest."

RacistBassist
RacistBassist
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Melancholy
Response to mass shooting at DKR screening Jul. 20th, 2012 @ 06:41 PM Reply

At 7/20/12 05:41 PM, froggerfreak wrote: The gun laws here are a fucking joke and you're a fucking gun nut. It's incredibly easy to get a gun in the USA compared to a place like the UK and a lot of other developed countries.

I think that has to do with the UK, being, you know, an island, and us being pretty much the same size as Europe combined. But go ahead, keep comparing the two.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_violence#Homicide

"Levels of gun violence are low in Singapore, Japan, New Zealand, the United Kingdom and many other countries."

Yet, somehow, here we are, with places like the UK having a higher violent crime rate. When you restrict our access to guns, all it means is that I have to stab you now, or hit you with a bat.

BBS Signature
Markface
Markface
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Animator
Response to mass shooting at DKR screening Jul. 20th, 2012 @ 06:44 PM Reply

Legitimately logged on here to see if it was someone from Newgrounds who shot up the place.

was it?

[;];=]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

BBS Signature
Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Programmer
Response to mass shooting at DKR screening Jul. 20th, 2012 @ 06:47 PM Reply

At 7/20/12 06:44 PM, Markface wrote: Legitimately logged on here to see if it was someone from Newgrounds who shot up the place.

was it?

no some college kid

go Figure!
tyler2513
tyler2513
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to mass shooting at DKR screening Jul. 20th, 2012 @ 06:48 PM Reply

At 7/20/12 06:44 PM, Markface wrote: Legitimately logged on here to see if it was someone from Newgrounds who shot up the place.

was it?

No but NATA (a user since '05) was at the scene of the crime. He escaped with nothing but a graze in his arm from either a bullet or shrapnel. On the first or second page (I forget) he posted the minor cut and his actual purchased ticket to the movie. It's a awful, tragic event and hope everybody there can push past the terrible incident.

BBS Signature
Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Programmer
Response to mass shooting at DKR screening Jul. 20th, 2012 @ 06:59 PM Reply

I just can't wait to see what kind of shit the Brady campaign is going to say about this.

Demonbrunch
Demonbrunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to mass shooting at DKR screening Jul. 20th, 2012 @ 07:06 PM Reply

At 7/20/12 06:27 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote:
thats a good idea.

Don't you think showing up in the hospital room dressed up as an intimdating, horned figure in an all-black costume would be a bad idea?

At least put the yellow Batsymbol on.

I can edit my signature at will, but I can't edit my post. The hell, Newgrounds?

Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Programmer
Response to mass shooting at DKR screening Jul. 20th, 2012 @ 07:07 PM Reply

never mind the Brady campaign is already over this shit with ant-firearm rhetoric.

GreenLanturn
GreenLanturn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to mass shooting at DKR screening Jul. 20th, 2012 @ 07:08 PM Reply

To be expected... Unfortunate and sad circumstances such as these are going to have some predictable results as well. Even in this thread, those that would make light of the situation, or those that say "well I would have..." ...shut up. You would have heard gunfire been like "what the fuck is going on" and got down and looked to escape like most people.

Then of course there are the ones looking for the scapegoat or someone to blame or would use this incident as an example for their platform against something they oppose anyway. Violent video games etc.....uh....what movie was this at? Oh, the same one with a world in which villians create panic and chaos violently in the first place. It's easy for people to try and make some type of connection or correlation...and as such....they do. Sadly, I don't even think it's their opinions that make them as guilty.

This is the same story, no matter where we hear it from and that's not to say it shouldn't be shown. It's tragic and people need to know, should know. But media or even some people want those ratings or attention and whoever can provide that different bit of insight or appeal that will have more people turn attention their way is what most people do. I'm sure there have been many to make a connection between the movie, video games, troubled past etc...and whoever has some merit or credible thing to show...the media will shine some light on it. Most likely not even for relevance or concern, but because they want people to pay attention to their presentation of the incidents.

And those in that spotlight will take advantage to make their point using the incident as their main platform and trying to make even connections where there are none to prove a point. Media will most likely exploit all angles of the story to get more people listening, watching, interested, scared etc. Interviews from the next door neighbor's babysitter who once walked their dog and saw the suspect yelling one time.... People's opinion's who are "experts" in some field talking about an isolated incident. Or similar stories that are actually irrelevant except that their in the ballpark of the events and now give people more to look into.

Basic summary: exploitation all around. The world we live in. Sad

I'm not conceited...I'm convinced.
Also, I like to use ellipses.......a lot...
Xbox Live: GreenLanternDSC

BBS Signature
Demonbrunch
Demonbrunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to mass shooting at DKR screening Jul. 20th, 2012 @ 07:13 PM Reply

Does anybody here watch Dexter? The show with the main character who is a serial killer that hunts other serial killers?

I think the writers are going to have a field day with this situation.

I can edit my signature at will, but I can't edit my post. The hell, Newgrounds?

Steve84
Steve84
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Gamer
Response to mass shooting at DKR screening Jul. 20th, 2012 @ 07:15 PM Reply

At 7/20/12 08:09 AM, NATA wrote: sorry for the quality, but it's the scratch I got either from shrapnel or a bullet

I'm glad you are ok my prayers go out to the victims

Fluttershy
Fluttershy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Movie Buff
Response to mass shooting at DKR screening Jul. 20th, 2012 @ 08:05 PM Reply

At 7/20/12 08:08 AM, NATA wrote: ticket stub

Congratulations, your ticket stub has been featured on CNN. You most likely stole it, though.

DarkShadowblade
DarkShadowblade
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to mass shooting at DKR screening Jul. 20th, 2012 @ 08:09 PM Reply

At 7/20/12 05:53 PM, RightWingGamer wrote:
At 7/20/12 05:47 PM, Fluttershy wrote: pony anypony
Please cut it out, this is neither the time nor place.

Tony is a fucking gun nut, what did you expect him to do, actually give remorse?
And "I hope someone shoots up the NRA headquarters" is what you would call remorse?

Tony is like Mark Wahlberg, and you are the Westboro Baptist Church. One of them meant well, but said something stupid, and the other one is just acting like a jerk for the sake of being a jerk.

That is by far the dumbest comparison I've ever read. Please, stop posting.

My condolences to everyone who has friends/family who attended the massacre. I'm deeply saddened by events like this, but there's always a method to madness. There HAS to be a reason he did this.

My god, this is why I hate some Newgrounders. This is no time to be using a massacre like this to advocate your own political Ideologies.

Viva La Liquid Funk Baby. Keep it Mellow for all our sakes.
For Crap Nobody Cares About

BBS Signature
Chdonga
Chdonga
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Game Developer
Response to mass shooting at DKR screening Jul. 20th, 2012 @ 08:11 PM Reply

At 7/20/12 06:28 PM, MiloBased wrote:

I don't know. I think that's a great idea! The kids can look at Batman and say, "Batman, why didn't you save us?"

BBS Signature
froggerfreak
froggerfreak
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Programmer
Response to mass shooting at DKR screening Jul. 20th, 2012 @ 08:19 PM Reply

At 7/20/12 06:41 PM, RacistBassist wrote:
At 7/20/12 05:41 PM, froggerfreak wrote: The gun laws here are a fucking joke and you're a fucking gun nut. It's incredibly easy to get a gun in the USA compared to a place like the UK and a lot of other developed countries.
I think that has to do with the UK, being, you know, an island, and us being pretty much the same size as Europe combined. But go ahead, keep comparing the two.

Does the size of the country matter if I'm only trying to compare the gun laws? Also, I was only using UK as an example. You might be thinking "All the countries with low gun violence in the Wikipedia example are all islands." Odd, but that is besides the point. Other countries like Poland are a mainland developed country that also have low gun violence.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_violence#Homicide

"Levels of gun violence are low in Singapore, Japan, New Zealand, the United Kingdom and many other countries."
Yet, somehow, here we are, with places like the UK having a higher violent crime rate. When you restrict our access to guns, all it means is that I have to stab you now, or hit you with a bat.

It sure would of been easy to kill 22 people with a bat. I'd much rather have people running around with knifes and other weapons like that instead of a goddamn shot gun.

Valar Morghulis []

BBS Signature
RacistBassist
RacistBassist
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Melancholy
Response to mass shooting at DKR screening Jul. 20th, 2012 @ 08:27 PM Reply

At 7/20/12 08:19 PM, froggerfreak wrote: Does the size of the country matter if I'm only trying to compare the gun laws? Also, I was only using UK as an example. You might be thinking "All the countries with low gun violence in the Wikipedia example are all islands." Odd, but that is besides the point. Other countries like Poland are a mainland developed country that also have low gun violence.

When you're bringing up the ease of getting one, yes, it does matter, considering it would be a lot harder to effectively curb in the inevitably black market explosion that would happen from a lack of being able to legally acquire a gun. Poland? It's the size of New Mexico. I can easily bring up places like Norway that are more relaxed yet still have low crime rates. You know why I don't? Because it is really fucking retarded to try to compare completely different countries.

It sure would of been easy to kill 22 people with a bat. I'd much rather have people running around with knifes and other weapons like that instead of a goddamn shot gun.

He could have went for the much easier method of just barring the doors, laying some gas, and igniting a match.

BBS Signature
Fluttershy
Fluttershy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Movie Buff
Response to mass shooting at DKR screening Jul. 20th, 2012 @ 08:30 PM Reply

I'm becoming more worried about the bomb than the shooting, just because the hospital is supposedly next door. This man clearly planned ahead.

Xenomit
Xenomit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to mass shooting at DKR screening Jul. 20th, 2012 @ 08:32 PM Reply

At 7/20/12 06:28 PM, MiloBased wrote:

At a young enough age, they could really really use the boost in morality and will that batman would bring

TAB
"FUCKING LIKE A NINJAAAAAAAA" ~ Yinping
"xenomit is well... xenomit" ~ General consensus

BBS Signature
Halberd
Halberd
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Movie Buff
Response to mass shooting at DKR screening Jul. 20th, 2012 @ 08:38 PM Reply

In other news video games are to blame for this violent shooting and citizens of Colorado are considering softening gun laws to counter future attacks like this

'you know, you know, if just one person was open carrying a glock in that cinema, maybe, this wouldn't have happened, you know? One shot in the stomach and the guy would have been dead for sure'

in before bleeding heart liberals try to tell me that the guy was wearing body armour and that he was spraying wildly whereas a person with a gun would have been inaccurate at shooting or too afraid to shoot

those are both myths

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NguTypiXqqY
ILLEGAL MARIJUANA RELATED ACTIVITIES
The hand I killed your children with masturbates to the memory of it