MiloBased
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to mass shooting at DKR screening Jul. 20th, 2012 @ 03:15 PM Reply

At 7/20/12 03:00 PM, RightWingGamer wrote: "I'm the Joker."

habitual smoke. I burn so many trees that I have splinters in my toaster
i need a bitch to stay below my waist like a holster. and then I sit my cup up on her booty like a coaster.
I brag about my money so they're calling me a boaster. I holler giddy up like I was on the ponderosa.
you say that you dont feel me, well come a little closer. I'll show you what a gangster looks like, atleast supposed to.

My blunt is filled with very deadly weed I call it through my eyes. stay low like a gay dudes in the mens bathroom
You marvel at my flow or shiver at my genuis, you think of stds from all the hickeys on my penis.
we let the beat live, these other rappers are a bore. Kill so many tracks they recognize me at the morgue.
I bought a 20 pack of trojans on my last trip to the store, I did a show that night and had to go the next day to buy more.

You can test me if you want, examination if you choose. but my glock will leave your shirt looking like dorothy's shoes.
See home is a place that I cant go, after a couple puffs im somewhere over the rainbow.
I have these hoes afraid to take a look into their mirror. Skeet something on their face that resembles aloe vera.
Reply to the officer, that's parsley on my seat, we past the blunts to one another like batons at a track meat.
Exactly, i know just what you peons are thinking. These silly n1ckuhs aint shit. I dont see haters like Im blinking.

My money keeps on growing while you're fanbase keeps shrinking. You wish you were a psychic so you could rap just what im thinking.

-Officially Based-I saw a girl die.

BBS Signature
Chdonga
Chdonga
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Game Developer
Response to mass shooting at DKR screening Jul. 20th, 2012 @ 03:16 PM Reply

At 7/20/12 01:57 PM, Slint wrote: Where was batman?

You saw the movie. He's in Paris with Catwoman.

I don't know how to feel about this. This isn't like a terrorist attack or a school shooting where the suspects would have a reason, albeit a very disturbing one. This guy just threw a riot for the sake of stirring up trouble. Then when he was taken into custody he boldly announced he had bombs in his apartment, when he could have clammed up and let them go off. And then he has the nerve to liken himself to the Joker. This guy's not evil, he's not villainous. He's an idiot.

BBS Signature
Sensationalism
Sensationalism
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Melancholy
Response to mass shooting at DKR screening Jul. 20th, 2012 @ 03:17 PM Reply

At 7/20/12 06:03 AM, Halberd wrote: If the people in the theatre had guns then this would not have happened.

Yeah right. Like the people working there would magically know that man was gonna become violent and shoot him and only him before he had the chance? Some things are pretty difficult to prevent.

They didn't need more guns. They needed Batman to save the day!

Also I think it's dumb when something like this happens and people bring the right to bear arms issue into it. Nothing to do with each other.

The sig that I'm wearin? Awesomely made by Skaren!
Also, I like annoying Americans by calling English football "real football" and American football "rugby".-Lost-Chances

BBS Signature
Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Movie Buff
Response to mass shooting at DKR screening Jul. 20th, 2012 @ 03:20 PM Reply

At 7/20/12 08:56 AM, Light wrote: Also, it doesn't take a genius to figure out that in high-panic situations such as this, even those who are in possession of a gun and can potentially incapacitate and possibly kill the assailant usually don't because they can't focus and accurately shoot the shooter. When the flight-or-fight response is activated, a person with a gun probably won't be able to fight by shooting his/her gun at the assailant.

There aren't many attempted mass murders that are stopped by armed civilians for a reason, you know.

I agree I don't think it would work either if civilians would carry guns with them in case of situations like this. Aside from what you mentioned, I think it's more likely that the situation will escalate even further if anything. I mean, if more people started shooting I really doubt everyone would be able to tell who are the bad guys and who are the vigilantes anymore. Especially if it's all misty and dark as it was in the cinema and there's mass panic and chaos everywhere.

So yeah, bad idea in my opinion.

Anyway, my condolences as well to any people related to the victims.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]
Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz
The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 10 August 2014)

BBS Signature
yurgenburgen
yurgenburgen
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 47
Artist
Response to mass shooting at DKR screening Jul. 20th, 2012 @ 03:28 PM Reply

Every time I read "DKR" I read Donkey Kong Returns.

Chdonga
Chdonga
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Game Developer
Response to mass shooting at DKR screening Jul. 20th, 2012 @ 03:39 PM Reply

At 7/20/12 03:22 PM, RightWingGamer wrote:
At 7/20/12 03:16 PM, Chdonga wrote:
The more I think about it, the more it seems like this sicko was actually inspired by the Joker.

His actions were definitely inspired by the trailer for the movie Gangster Squad.
Some posts on /co/ said there were multiple people who spraypainted "Why so serious" on walls, but I think that was just an exaggeration.

BBS Signature
JonWB2005
JonWB2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to mass shooting at DKR screening Jul. 20th, 2012 @ 03:41 PM Reply

At 7/20/12 03:28 PM, yurgenburgen wrote: Every time I read "DKR" I read Donkey Kong Returns.

Lmao me too, getting to the point at hand though, I believe we'd have less psychos pulling this sort of shit if we had harsher punishments for these atrocious acts. What's the worst thing that can happen to this guy at this point? A shot that causes him to drift into a eternal slumber, that's bullshit, we need to bust out some of the chinese torture tactics on these sick fucks

i'm getting paid to pester you all muwhahaha

Courlas53
Courlas53
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to mass shooting at DKR screening Jul. 20th, 2012 @ 03:45 PM Reply

I'm personally a huge movie theater goer, about once a week at least. Don't get me wrong, this shooting won't stop me from going to watch the big screen anytime soon...it does however make me stop and think: nothing in this world seems sacred anymore. I've never even given it one thought that I could have died at any time during all those visits to go see a flick. Events like this force a lot of us to remind ourselves that we take a lot for granted in this world, including our lives. It also helps to remind me that, regardless of whatever hardships I'm dealing with now, nothing will hold a candle to those in Aurora right now, or anyone else that has needlessly lost their lives or someone close to them.

As for what the cause of it all was, I think we need to stop and realize that it wasn't the movies that convinced this person to kill. It wasn't our gun laws, or lack of security either. This person was looking to kill, and would have done so regardless of what movie it was, or whether or not security was present, or guns were legal. Once we make up our minds to do something, we do it, am I right? If mankind is anything, we are persistent and dedicated. We dedicate our lives to our success, our failures, our drive or lack thereof. Even a homeless bum living on the streets is considered dedicated, whether they are trying to turn things around and make a better life for themselves, or they wish to continue living in squander. It's truly tragic however when someone decides to dedicate themselves to commit atrocities like James Holmes did.

My thoughts go out to the victims, their friends and family.

Neoncrotch
Neoncrotch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Gamer
Response to mass shooting at DKR screening Jul. 20th, 2012 @ 03:48 PM Reply

You know how much publicity this movie will get now?

BBS Signature
NeutralObjections
NeutralObjections
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Voice Actor
Response to mass shooting at DKR screening Jul. 20th, 2012 @ 04:17 PM Reply

Hearing this just made me sick all day.

What a maniac... it's disgusting. And then aiming at an infant.

tarahloveshentai
tarahloveshentai
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Gamer
Response to mass shooting at DKR screening Jul. 20th, 2012 @ 04:24 PM Reply

At 7/20/12 04:03 PM, Bees wrote: we get it mark wahlberg

lmao, I forgot Wahlberg had basically said that same thing.

I kind of got trolled by apparently 4chan moving in quickly to point the fingers at a 9fag user by posting photoshopped pictures of a picture on 9gag.

DonâEUTMt Fall for 9gag Theater Shooting Hoax

I believed it before it got comfirmed by a hoax because this kid sounds like someone that would have told the internet what he was going to do. I seems anyone that commits massacres always tattles to the internet like the VA Tech shooter and the infamous Sirtom93.

I think it's funny people are 'blaming' 4chan and calling them insensitive, lmao

I respond to every message!

BBS Signature
MiloBased
MiloBased
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to mass shooting at DKR screening Jul. 20th, 2012 @ 04:27 PM Reply

At 7/20/12 04:24 PM, tarahloveshentai wrote: at a 9fag user

really

BBS Signature
Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Programmer
Response to mass shooting at DKR screening Jul. 20th, 2012 @ 04:31 PM Reply

At 7/20/12 02:45 PM, MrPercie wrote: do we know if any of the weapons or explosives he owned was legally purchased or black market stuff?

HA hardly he had AR15 rifle, Glock 40 and Remington 870 all completely legal to own in colorado. and this is a reason why I carry a SIG P226 with 9X19MM ammo with 20 round magazine with it but I had to get my Minnesota Carry and my Utah CCL. .

if more responsible law abiding citizens carried shit like this wouldn't happen.

Chdonga
Chdonga
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Game Developer
Response to mass shooting at DKR screening Jul. 20th, 2012 @ 04:37 PM Reply

At 7/20/12 04:24 PM, tarahloveshentai wrote: Don't Fall for 9gag Theater Shooting Hoax

So the picture and tweets being all deleted is out of the question?
The 9gag mods are more active than, say, /b/'s. They may have deleted them before they could get too much publicity.

BBS Signature
Chdonga
Chdonga
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Game Developer
Response to mass shooting at DKR screening Jul. 20th, 2012 @ 04:39 PM Reply

At 7/20/12 04:37 PM, Chdonga wrote:
At 7/20/12 04:24 PM, tarahloveshentai wrote: Don't Fall for 9gag Theater Shooting Hoax
So the picture and tweets being all deleted is out of the question?
The 9gag mods are more active than, say, /b/'s. They may have deleted them before they could get too much publicity.

It has the same amount of comments, shares, and likes. I stand corrected.

BBS Signature
All-American-Badass
All-American-Badass
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to mass shooting at DKR screening Jul. 20th, 2012 @ 04:41 PM Reply

At 7/20/12 04:31 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote:
At 7/20/12 02:45 PM, MrPercie wrote: do we know if any of the weapons or explosives he owned was legally purchased or black market stuff?
HA hardly he had AR15 rifle, Glock 40 and Remington 870 all completely legal to own in colorado. and this is a reason why I carry a SIG P226 with 9X19MM ammo with 20 round magazine with it but I had to get my Minnesota Carry and my Utah CCL. .

if more responsible law abiding citizens carried shit like this wouldn't happen.

The murderer did pop a smoke grenade in the theater so even if other people did have guns, i don't think it would help the situation that much due to lack of visibility, though it wouldn't have hurt to have the law abiding folks in there to have guns. I think this incident just proves that someone who's hell bent on unleashing hell will find a way to do it.

JimmyTheCaterpillar
JimmyTheCaterpillar
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Writer
Response to mass shooting at DKR screening Jul. 20th, 2012 @ 04:42 PM Reply

How awful.

SIG BY AMARANTHUS.| I USED TO BE BROKENRECORD6299 AND UNCLECUBONE
| I'm in a band 'n stuff.| Here's some advice on how to be a writer.
I ENJOY CRANBERRY SAUCE. A LOT.

BBS Signature
JimmyTheCaterpillar
JimmyTheCaterpillar
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Writer
Response to mass shooting at DKR screening Jul. 20th, 2012 @ 04:49 PM Reply

At 7/20/12 04:42 PM, brokenrecord6299 wrote: How awful.

I heard he had ballistic gear on, tons of guns, he even booby-trapped his apartment. It seems he's been planning this for a while.

BBS Signature
MrPercie
MrPercie
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 33
Gamer
Response to mass shooting at DKR screening Jul. 20th, 2012 @ 04:51 PM Reply

At 7/20/12 04:31 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: if more responsible law abiding citizens carried shit like this wouldn't happen.

the 2nd amendmant is a right and that only.

people are allowed to choose wether or not to own and carry a gun EVERYWHERE they go because this shit doesnt happen everyday so how can they be in the wrong that they didnt take a fucking gun with them this one time.

sometimes these things are just unavoidable and arming everyone with a gun isnt going to be a solution.

BBS Signature
tarahloveshentai
tarahloveshentai
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Gamer
Response to mass shooting at DKR screening Jul. 20th, 2012 @ 04:52 PM Reply

At 7/20/12 04:37 PM, Chdonga wrote: So the picture and tweets being all deleted is out of the question?

I was wondering if they might have done that.

Apparently, in the original article, it said:

One user posted "A few weeks ago, a man by the username of âEU~JamesHolmes154' posted a thread on 9gag saying he was going to âEU~shoot upâEUTM a theater. He was clearly distressed and admitted he was suffering from PTSD. He said he was going to walk in and try to take as much lifes as possible. The whole 9gag community egged him on and give him tips on what to wear, etc. They give him tips on sharp-shooting and sent him messages on how to take as much lifes as possible."

Original article: Online warnings of Batman Premiere shooting allegedly appear on 9gag website

I guess it does sound fishy how generic the kids username is.

At 7/20/12 04:27 PM, MiloBased wrote: really

So really

I respond to every message!

BBS Signature
JimmyTheCaterpillar
JimmyTheCaterpillar
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Writer
Response to mass shooting at DKR screening Jul. 20th, 2012 @ 04:54 PM Reply

At 7/20/12 04:51 PM, MrPercie wrote:

people are allowed to choose wether or not to own and carry a gun EVERYWHERE they go because this shit doesnt happen everyday so how can they be in the wrong that they didnt take a fucking gun with them this one time.

sometimes these things are just unavoidable and arming everyone with a gun isnt going to be a solution.

These things will never be unavoidable; no matter what, people will always find loopholes. If they want it they want it bad enough, it CAN happen. Our focus shouldn't be on getting rid of guns, it should be on catching these sadistic bastards.

BBS Signature
ProtomanBlues
ProtomanBlues
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to mass shooting at DKR screening Jul. 20th, 2012 @ 04:55 PM Reply

you fuckers I wanted to see a picture of the wall

:O

Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Programmer
Response to mass shooting at DKR screening Jul. 20th, 2012 @ 04:55 PM Reply

At 7/20/12 04:41 PM, All-American-Badass wrote: The murderer did pop a smoke grenade in the theater so even if other people did have guns, i don't think it would help the situation that much due to lack of visibility, though it wouldn't have hurt to have the law abiding folks in there to have guns. I think this incident just proves that someone who's hell bent on unleashing hell will find a way to do it.

another one would be banning the costumes to shit like this, so people think "oh he is a hardcore fan" when he is there with a real firearm.

JimmyTheCaterpillar
JimmyTheCaterpillar
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Writer
Response to mass shooting at DKR screening Jul. 20th, 2012 @ 04:56 PM Reply

At 7/20/12 04:55 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote:

another one would be banning the costumes to shit like this, so people think "oh he is a hardcore fan" when he is there with a real firearm.

You would've thought with all that ballistic gear and the fucking riot helmet, those idiots would've known something was up.

BBS Signature
TB1ZZL3
TB1ZZL3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Gamer
Response to mass shooting at DKR screening Jul. 20th, 2012 @ 04:59 PM Reply

And the award for most ill-advised Tweet ever goes to...

mass shooting at DKR screening

Last.fm | Xbox LIVE - TEE B1ZZL3 | Steam

BBS Signature
MiloBased
MiloBased
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to mass shooting at DKR screening Jul. 20th, 2012 @ 05:00 PM Reply

At 7/20/12 04:59 PM, TB1ZZL3 wrote: And the award for most ill-advised Tweet ever goes to...

lmao

BBS Signature
Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Programmer
Response to mass shooting at DKR screening Jul. 20th, 2012 @ 05:00 PM Reply

At 7/20/12 04:56 PM, brokenrecord6299 wrote:
At 7/20/12 04:55 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote:

You would've thought with all that ballistic gear and the fucking riot helmet, those idiots would've known something was up.

but once againt hey must have assumed he was a hardcore fan in costume. and it wouldn't be hard to conceal the AR and shotgun if you took them apart the AR in two pieces and shotgun in to and you can reassemble them in seconds its not hard.

TB1ZZL3
TB1ZZL3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Gamer
Response to mass shooting at DKR screening Jul. 20th, 2012 @ 05:06 PM Reply

At 7/20/12 05:05 PM, RightWingGamer wrote:
At 7/20/12 04:59 PM, TB1ZZL3 wrote: And the award for most ill-advised Tweet ever goes to...
Whoever runs/ran Celeb Boutique's Twitter account must feel like a total piece of shit.

What I find even more hilarious/disturbing is that the tweet was posted at 1:35PM, well after the news had broken.

Last.fm | Xbox LIVE - TEE B1ZZL3 | Steam

BBS Signature
Rawter
Rawter
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to mass shooting at DKR screening Jul. 20th, 2012 @ 05:13 PM Reply

I may be wrong here but from what I have read a major problem in America is that anyone with an ID and is old enough can buy an automatic gun at a store i.e. Walmart, if this is true this must stop. People should do a gun licene test if you want to own a gun.

America must change this law otherwise tragic things like this could easily happen again

BBS Signature
Fluttershy
Fluttershy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Movie Buff
Response to mass shooting at DKR screening Jul. 20th, 2012 @ 05:14 PM Reply

At 7/20/12 05:06 PM, TB1ZZL3 wrote:
At 7/20/12 05:05 PM, RightWingGamer wrote:
Whoever runs/ran Celeb Boutique's Twitter account must feel like a total piece of shit.
What I find even more hilarious/disturbing is that the tweet was posted at 1:35PM, well after the news had broken.

It's a company based in Argentina. Most likely nobody in Argentina gives as much of a fuck about the event as it happened in the States.