New Topic Respond to this Topic
thegarbear14
thegarbear14
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to mass shooting at DKR screening Jul. 20th, 2012 @ 08:38 PM Reply

people were killed.....recently.... So instead people argue as to why the constitution is wrong rather than discussing the killer or the victims... nice

But anyway i wouldn't be surprised if some bullshit law was passed now and of course it will be ineffective so then people will say OH gun control was ineffective obviously we need more as always and as laws are passed people will continue to be murdered with all types of weapons and the real problem will be continually ignored.

Mental illness needs to be dealt with. You need to stop mentally ill people from killing people all together, not try and prevent the sale of firearms. People have been killed with bombs as well. Ex: Oklahoma city bombing....

Of course many people cannot just make bombs but you can really find out how to do it online.

Anyways My point is that if this guy didn't have guns he could have used a homemade bomb....

The problem isn't a fucking object, it's the person. Same shit as blaming games or movies just about.

BBS Signature
Xenomit
Xenomit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to mass shooting at DKR screening Jul. 20th, 2012 @ 08:43 PM Reply

At 7/20/12 08:38 PM, thegarbear14 wrote: Of course many people cannot just make bombs but you can really find out how to do it online.

I know how to make 12 different bombs, and I don't give a fuck if the c.i.a. reads this or not

You know why?

I'm not a psychopathic murderer, I just like explosions

TAB
"FUCKING LIKE A NINJAAAAAAAA" ~ Yinping
"xenomit is well... xenomit" ~ General consensus

BBS Signature
thegarbear14
thegarbear14
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to mass shooting at DKR screening Jul. 20th, 2012 @ 08:46 PM Reply

At 7/20/12 08:43 PM, Xenomit wrote:
At 7/20/12 08:38 PM, thegarbear14 wrote: Of course many people cannot just make bombs but you can really find out how to do it online.
I know how to make 12 different bombs, and I don't give a fuck if the c.i.a. reads this or not

You know why?

I'm not a psychopathic murderer, I just like explosions

Well i could literally go on youtube and find out but i'm not going to. There are homemade firearm instructions all over too. It's not hard to make something that just explodes if you can get the materials...which you normally can.

BBS Signature
froggerfreak
froggerfreak
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Programmer
Response to mass shooting at DKR screening Jul. 20th, 2012 @ 08:52 PM Reply

At 7/20/12 08:27 PM, RacistBassist wrote:
At 7/20/12 08:19 PM, froggerfreak wrote: Does the size of the country matter if I'm only trying to compare the gun laws? Also, I was only using UK as an example. You might be thinking "All the countries with low gun violence in the Wikipedia example are all islands." Odd, but that is besides the point. Other countries like Poland are a mainland developed country that also have low gun violence.
When you're bringing up the ease of getting one, yes, it does matter, considering it would be a lot harder to effectively curb in the inevitably black market explosion that would happen from a lack of being able to legally acquire a gun. Poland? It's the size of New Mexico. I can easily bring up places like Norway that are more relaxed yet still have low crime rates. You know why I don't? Because it is really fucking retarded to try to compare completely different countries.

I'll agree with you there, being an island certainly does allow you to control guns more easily. And yes, geography wise it's very easy to get a gun in the USA. However, purely looking at gun control from a law point of view the USA is loose.

Another thing I'll bring up is the states. Not necessarily on a one to one basis, but states with looser gun control have more gun violence.

It sure would of been easy to kill 22 people with a bat. I'd much rather have people running around with knifes and other weapons like that instead of a goddamn shot gun.
He could have went for the much easier method of just barring the doors, laying some gas, and igniting a match.

I'm confused here. Please explain to me exactly how you would go about doing this? This is a lot more complicated than I think you think it is. And I know it's certainly a lot harder than using a gun.

Let's see: I have to lay down explosive gas I got from god knows where in a crowded movie theater without anyone noticing, then I have to bar all the multiple exits out of the theater, then I have to make sure that the fire sprinkles are broken, then.. You get my point? Unless you can give me something that's more stupid approved than guns I'm not buying it.

Valar Morghulis []

BBS Signature
Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Programmer
Response to mass shooting at DKR screening Jul. 20th, 2012 @ 08:55 PM Reply

At 7/20/12 08:38 PM, Halberd wrote: In other news video games are to blame for this violent shooting and citizens of Colorado are considering softening gun laws to counter future attacks like this

good softening gun laws.

'you know, you know, if just one person was open carrying a glock in that cinema, maybe, this wouldn't have happened, you know? One shot in the stomach and the guy would have been dead for sure'

maybe two or three shot depending on the caliber or type of body armor

in before bleeding heart liberals try to tell me that the guy was wearing body armour and that he was spraying wildly whereas a person with a gun would have been inaccurate at shooting or too afraid to shoot

don't listen to them anyways like they know anything about firearms much less which way the bullet goes in or out.

Mauluigi
Mauluigi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to mass shooting at DKR screening Jul. 20th, 2012 @ 09:04 PM Reply

Am I the only one who wants this guy to be everyone's prison bitch?

RacistBassist
RacistBassist
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Melancholy
Response to mass shooting at DKR screening Jul. 20th, 2012 @ 09:07 PM Reply

At 7/20/12 08:52 PM, froggerfreak wrote: I'll agree with you there, being an island certainly does allow you to control guns more easily. And yes, geography wise it's very easy to get a gun in the USA. However, purely looking at gun control from a law point of view the USA is loose.
Another thing I'll bring up is the states. Not necessarily on a one to one basis, but states with looser gun control have more gun violence.

Trend wise, the opposite is actually true. As the % of homes with guns increases, generally the crime rate per capita decreases.

I'm confused here. Please explain to me exactly how you would go about doing this? This is a lot more complicated than I think you think it is. And I know it's certainly a lot harder than using a gun.

Block emergency exits, which is extremely easy to do. Get things to make fire inside of theater, also extremely easy to do, either by force depending on time of day, or "smuggling" in, which is extremely easy to do. Light fire. Oh look, theaters burning down with at least screening room blocked off.

Let's see: I have to lay down explosive gas I got from god knows where in a crowded movie theater without anyone noticing, then I have to bar all the multiple exits out of the theater, then I have to make sure that the fire sprinkles are broken, then.. You get my point? Unless you can give me something that's more stupid approved than guns I'm not buying it.

Nobody said you had to get the entire theater. Small ones? Easy, there's usually only 2 or 3 emergency exits and a main entrance. Large theaters? You don't need to do much to get a high body count. Fire doesn't work? Homemade explosives. Something that can easily light a building on fire thats more approved then guns? How about, you know, the gas station?

All the cool kids have signature text

BBS Signature
Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Programmer
Response to mass shooting at DKR screening Jul. 20th, 2012 @ 09:08 PM Reply

At 7/20/12 09:04 PM, Mauluigi wrote: Am I the only one who wants this guy to be everyone's prison bitch?

I hope that boy is ready for a nice cock meat sandwich if he doesn't get the death penalty.

I hope he likes it cheesy

mass shooting at DKR screening

tyler2513
tyler2513
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to mass shooting at DKR screening Jul. 20th, 2012 @ 09:10 PM Reply

At 7/20/12 09:08 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote:
At 7/20/12 09:04 PM, Mauluigi wrote: Am I the only one who wants this guy to be everyone's prison bitch?
I hope that boy is ready for a nice cock meat sandwich if he doesn't get the death penalty.

If George Rivas (Texas Seven leader) gets the death penalty, then this guy better fucking get it or I'm going to rage.

poor Rivas, RIP

BBS Signature
ProtomanBlues
ProtomanBlues
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to mass shooting at DKR screening Jul. 20th, 2012 @ 09:13 PM Reply

Since he calls himself "The Joker" im sure he took the movies/comics way too far and decided to be his own little batman villain

:O

Socratius
Socratius
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to mass shooting at DKR screening Jul. 20th, 2012 @ 09:15 PM Reply

I wonder what his motivations for it were.

I bet they will just cover it up and give him the death penalty

for the better maybe though it would be interesting to know

wats up

Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Programmer
Response to mass shooting at DKR screening Jul. 20th, 2012 @ 09:16 PM Reply

At 7/20/12 09:10 PM, tyler2513 wrote: then this guy better fucking get it or I'm going to rage.

its the least that can happen the family members of the victims should get justice.

sweet21
sweet21
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Artist
Response to mass shooting at DKR screening Jul. 20th, 2012 @ 09:20 PM Reply

Im still watching the dark knight on Saturday.

I'm just a dreamer.
steam profile

BBS Signature
HomicidialFrog
HomicidialFrog
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Gamer
Response to mass shooting at DKR screening Jul. 20th, 2012 @ 09:21 PM Reply

So, after reading through this I have a few things to say.

1. This is a heartbreaking tragedy and it has deeply sickened me. My sadly useless condolences to the families of the victims. (I say useless, because they are. Something I hate is no matter how much I wish things like this won't happen, they do.)

2. I fucking hate 9gag.

3. And fuck you guys who have turned this tragedy into a "If more people had guns this wouldn't have happened." and "If no one had guns this wouldn't have happened.". Seriously, guys. Not the time.

You've got a fine pair of eyes.

sweet21
sweet21
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Artist
Response to mass shooting at DKR screening Jul. 20th, 2012 @ 09:25 PM Reply

At 7/20/12 09:21 PM, CashClock wrote: 3. And fuck you guys who have turned this tragedy into a "If more people had guns this wouldn't have happened." and "If no one had guns this wouldn't have happened.". Seriously, guys. Not the time.

im talking about how im still going to watch the dark knight. However shows are getting cancelled left and right everywhere. I wonder if the theatre will have extra security....

I'm just a dreamer.
steam profile

BBS Signature
Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Programmer
Response to mass shooting at DKR screening Jul. 20th, 2012 @ 09:27 PM Reply

At 7/20/12 09:25 PM, sweet21 wrote: im talking about how im still going to watch the dark knight. However shows are getting cancelled left and right everywhere. I wonder if the theatre will have extra security....

yeah it s really gonna hurt first week Box office Ratings

Halberd
Halberd
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Movie Buff
Response to mass shooting at DKR screening Jul. 20th, 2012 @ 09:30 PM Reply

What do you guys think of this whole mental illness vs. terrorism thing?

I think its only terrorism if he had political aims

like with Jared Loughner

his attack was a terrorist attack

also p.s I was joking in my first post in this thread I'm not a gun supporter or anti-gun person to be honest, I just wanted to joke around

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NguTypiXqqY
ILLEGAL MARIJUANA RELATED ACTIVITIES
The hand I killed your children with masturbates to the memory of it

Bolo
Bolo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 48
Blank Slate
Response to mass shooting at DKR screening Jul. 20th, 2012 @ 09:36 PM Reply

At 7/20/12 06:03 AM, Halberd wrote: If the people in the theatre had guns then this would not have happened.

Lmao, what a fuckin' clown.

If more people had guns in a dark, smoke- and gas-filled theater, with mass panic already ensuing, an even larger number would have died.

BBS Signature
tyler2513
tyler2513
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to mass shooting at DKR screening Jul. 20th, 2012 @ 09:53 PM Reply

At 7/20/12 09:25 PM, sweet21 wrote:
At 7/20/12 09:21 PM, CashClock wrote:
im talking about how im still going to watch the dark knight. However shows are getting cancelled left and right everywhere. I wonder if the theatre will have extra security....

Man I think we can all expect movie theatres to now have the equal security of an airport.

I fucken hate metal detectors

BBS Signature
Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Programmer
Response to mass shooting at DKR screening Jul. 20th, 2012 @ 10:05 PM Reply

At 7/20/12 10:00 PM, Travis wrote: Has anyone heard anything about new theater regulations yet?

its usually up to the theaters themselves.

satanbrain
satanbrain
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Melancholy
Response to mass shooting at DKR screening Jul. 20th, 2012 @ 10:09 PM Reply

So it was 3D!

(הֲבֵל הֲבָלִים אָמַר קֹהֶלֶת, הֲבֵל הֲבָלִים הַכֹּל הָבֶל. דּוֹר הֹלֵךְ וְדוֹר בָּא, וְהָאָרֶץ לְעוֹלָם עֹמָדֶת. (קהלת א ג, ה

BBS Signature
Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Programmer
Response to mass shooting at DKR screening Jul. 20th, 2012 @ 10:50 PM Reply

At 7/20/12 10:09 PM, 24901miles wrote:
At 7/20/12 10:05 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote:
At 7/20/12 10:00 PM, Travis wrote: Has anyone heard anything about new theater regulations yet?
its usually up to the theaters themselves.
I think it's illegal to yell "FIRE" in a theater. There should be restrictions.

yeah it is (hehe) but im talking about CCL or wearing costumes or Metal detectors or Facility Policies

you know the simple shit?

MiniDroidKreator
MiniDroidKreator
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Melancholy
Response to mass shooting at DKR screening Jul. 20th, 2012 @ 11:20 PM Reply

At 7/20/12 08:09 AM, NATA wrote: sorry for the quality, but it's the scratch I got either from shrapnel or a bullet

At least you survived that horrible ordeal. You were lucky.

Thanks, Chdonga, for the awesome sig.

BBS Signature
MiniDroidKreator
MiniDroidKreator
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Melancholy
Response to mass shooting at DKR screening Jul. 21st, 2012 @ 12:06 AM Reply

I'm willing to bet that sometime later, some asshole is going to be inspired by this incident and will try to pull a similar stunt.
How and why? I wouldn't know, but bastards like the guy responsible for this, and any would-be imitators need to be put out of their misery, for all of our sake.

Thanks, Chdonga, for the awesome sig.

BBS Signature
TheMajormel
TheMajormel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Game Developer
Asperchu
Asperchu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to mass shooting at DKR screening Jul. 21st, 2012 @ 12:26 AM Reply

At 7/21/12 12:07 AM, majormelthesackboy wrote: The first person publicly confirmed to have been killed was Jessica Ghawi, a 24-year-old sports writer who used the pen name Jessica Redfield. She had previously survived the Toronto Eaton Centre shooting in June 2012."

That really sucks.

Not really, It was a normal fag.

CritcalOne
CritcalOne
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Gamer
Response to mass shooting at DKR screening Jul. 21st, 2012 @ 12:28 AM Reply

I guess the premiere made the 3D too powerful. Imagine the response from the smoke grenade.

Moved to new account.

BBS Signature
Razz
Razz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to mass shooting at DKR screening Jul. 21st, 2012 @ 12:39 AM Reply

So apparently he bought all the guns legally. I'm not sure how much that matters, considering this guy either has a PhD or was working on it. I mean really, not your typical suspect. And Colorado of all places? I'm not going to be able to wrap my head around this one. And I enjoy following criminal cases, trying to figure out the criminal mind, but this is just all sorts of weird.

Where the shit did he even get tear gas?

BBS Signature
T3XT
T3XT
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Gamer
Response to mass shooting at DKR screening Jul. 21st, 2012 @ 12:48 AM Reply

Wait a minute, this actually happened uncomfortably close to where I live...

Why haven't I heard about this yet?!

Anyway, that's pretty messed up. The sickest part is that the killer's only motive is probably just fun. Yeah, they said they "haven't identified a motive yet" but with almost a hundred casualties there doesn't seem to be any particular target in mind, and the fact that he even had to do the whole thing in theme with the movie just goes to show that this guy probably just did it for his own entertainment. That's creepy.

Emma
Emma
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Filmmaker
Response to mass shooting at DKR screening Jul. 21st, 2012 @ 01:02 AM Reply

This is clearly the fault of legally purchased guns and happens every day.

BBS Signature