00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

[adultswim] artist here, wassup?

14,058 Views | 144 Replies

Response to [adultswim] artist here, wassup? 2012-07-01 22:46:35

How big were the models for Moral Orel? I loved that show.

A vagina is really just a hat for a penis.

BBS Signature

Response to [adultswim] artist here, wassup? 2012-07-01 22:48:41

nice job on frankenhole ya frankenhole

Hi

BBS Signature

Response to [adultswim] artist here, wassup? 2012-07-01 23:46:07

At 7/1/12 10:46 PM, camobch0 wrote: How big were the models for Moral Orel? I loved that show.

8 or 9 inches. Something like that. Orel's dad is a bit smaller than my forearm.

At 7/1/12 10:40 PM, Fluttershy wrote: I have more questions! When will American Dad completely replace Family Guy on the lineup? Will My Little Pony ever show it's face on [AS]? How long do you predict it will take for King of the Hill to be revived due to DVD sales?
It happened to Futurama!

Probably not. Never (hopefully, I'd rather have original content.) It's a Fox, who knows.

My interview with Lemongrab. Neon Pegasus, I promise you my next cartoon will be about baby murder.

Response to [adultswim] artist here, wassup? 2012-07-01 23:46:35

You guys should let my crew control your channel. Shitty animation and gay jokes. All day, every day. Or at least all the time Cartoon Network allows.

Response to [adultswim] artist here, wassup? 2012-07-02 00:04:05

At 7/1/12 03:07 PM, Suprememessage wrote: Why don't you give the rules a read, and they say no I'm new threads. And if this is specifically about your art on adult swim, why don't you try the Art Forum?

Wow, you're a twat. This isn't an "I'm new" thread and not showing his art. He's offering advice and a Q&A thing. Calm your tits.

This is my signature. It is a nice signature.

BBS Signature

Response to [adultswim] artist here, wassup? 2012-07-02 01:05:06

Alright, I've got a couple of questions:
1. Did you ever work with a "Micheal Wasmund"? He's my cousin and I know he worked for AS a few years ago, might have left before you joined though.
2. Besides the Robot Chicken hat, what's the Adult Swim/Team Fortress 2 promo that's going on?
3. Speaking of the Robot Chicken hat, how are they sending out the codes? Because I signed up for one on the 27th and I STILL haven't gotten my code...

Twitter | Deviant Art | Steam | Gamertag: Eddmario

Official MLP: FIM crew. | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to [adultswim] artist here, wassup? 2012-07-02 01:15:58

WHY DID THEY STOP TITAN MAXIMUM?

Response to [adultswim] artist here, wassup? 2012-07-02 01:19:11

How hard does your team have to work on the animation, ideas and other stuff?

Is it very rushed and time restrained?

Response to [adultswim] artist here, wassup? 2012-07-02 01:31:51

At 7/2/12 01:14 AM, TurkeyBased wrote: You ever met Odd Future? Or the guy who voices Master Shake?

Little fun fact: Dana Synder (the voice of Master Shake) as well as Tim Heidecker were both born in my hometown. Just thought I'd point that out.

As for OP, where is William Street exactly anyway? Also, have you ever met Mike Lazzo before?

I'd rather die a Wolf fighting against the Herder, than die a Sheep heading for the slaughter.

AVGN Fan Club. - The Culturally Diverse Crew - The Carnivorous Crew

BBS Signature

Response to [adultswim] artist here, wassup? 2012-07-02 01:38:55

At 7/2/12 01:19 AM, Halberd wrote: How hard does your team have to work on the animation, ideas and other stuff?

Is it very rushed and time restrained?

There are strict deadlines, but for the most part, I wouldn't call it rushed but there are plenty of super late nights. We all work very hard, but it isn't as many people as you may think. My department on Beforal Orel was 3 people to handle all post-production except editing which was handled by one person. Robot Chicken on the otherhand has 6 to 9 people at all times in post. They simply have more shows.

Side note: Dinosaur office is also made at the RC studios. Their new studio is stupid huge.

At 7/2/12 01:15 AM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: WHY DID THEY STOP TITAN MAXIMUM?

I'M NOT SURE, SORRY

At 7/2/12 01:05 AM, Eddmario wrote: Alright, I've got a couple of questions:
1. Did you ever work with a "Micheal Wasmund"? He's my cousin and I know he worked for AS a few years ago, might have left before you joined though.
2. Besides the Robot Chicken hat, what's the Adult Swim/Team Fortress 2 promo that's going on?
3. Speaking of the Robot Chicken hat, how are they sending out the codes? Because I signed up for one on the 27th and I STILL haven't gotten my code...

1. No, sorry. Abso is located nearby but I don't really hang with that crowd. I would though, I'm just not around them enough.
2. No clue, ha. Like I said earlier, that stuff is kept hidden from me on purpose because I'm a TF2 fan.
3. Funny thing, I haven't gotten my code either & I'm a former employee (I hopped studios about a years ago.) Ha!

My interview with Lemongrab. Neon Pegasus, I promise you my next cartoon will be about baby murder.

Response to [adultswim] artist here, wassup? 2012-07-02 01:41:44

At 7/2/12 01:31 AM, knightsofthecircle wrote:
At 7/2/12 01:14 AM, TurkeyBased wrote: You ever met Odd Future? Or the guy who voices Master Shake?
Little fun fact: Dana Synder (the voice of Master Shake) as well as Tim Heidecker were both born in my hometown. Just thought I'd point that out.

As for OP, where is William Street exactly anyway? Also, have you ever met Mike Lazzo before?

Nope! Mike is someone I've been seeking to say hello to for a while. I have met Dan Harmon, Dino (often, actually. He gave me watermelon once), Jay Johnson, + a bunch of other random folks. I did brush by Keith, the head dude, but was way to nervous (as the youngest member) to just intrude on a conversation. Felt the same way about Lucas too.

Response to [adultswim] artist here, wassup? 2012-07-02 01:57:35

I dont get to watch [as] as much as i'd like to, so answer me this if you can: Exactly how many different show's air on [as] and how many of those shows are original to [as]?
Also, which game made by [as] is your favorite?

is it Robot Unicorn Attack? :P

Response to [adultswim] artist here, wassup? 2012-07-02 04:45:21

At 7/1/12 11:46 PM, SoupSquad wrote: You guys should let my crew control your channel. Shitty animation and gay jokes. All day, every day. Or at least all the time Cartoon Network allows.

At least it could amount to more than Delocated, Loiter Squad or some other derp-ass retard show.

Response to [adultswim] artist here, wassup? 2012-07-02 06:18:12

A few questions. Where did you learn animation?

Are there any shows that you're trying to get on right now?

Have you ever done any random work for a show besides animation (like grunting into a mic for a one-shot character or something)?

Are you planning on pitching a show to AS with a crack team of NG animators? That would be pretty cool.

Have you ever gotten to play with the character models? If it were me, I be sitting there like a little kid, making Orel beat the shit out of his Dad.

And lastly, if you did get to play with the models, could you make your own little shorts? Not for AS, but just take out your phone or something and make your own Morel Orel short to show your friends. I think that'd be pretty fun haha, when you get too bored working on something you can just take a brake, bring up your little short, and edit it.

BBS Signature

Response to [adultswim] artist here, wassup? 2012-07-02 13:13:46

Good morning.

At 7/2/12 06:18 AM, Chocomilk wrote: A few questions. Where did you learn animation?

Never actually. My girl is a 2D/3D animator but I started learning After Effects in La film school (LAFS.) I knew adobe pretty well so the transition wasn't hard. I'm a lot quicker to call myself a compositor or VFX artist before animator.

Are there any shows that you're trying to get on right now?

Anything Titmous makes & Aqua as Super Show, looks fun.

Have you ever done any random work for a show besides animation (like grunting into a mic for a one-shot character or something)?

I'm the model for Cosby & my face was distorted like crazy to make JFK face (similar complexion I guess.) All for frankenhole.

Are you planning on pitching a show to AS with a crack team of NG animators? That would be pretty cool.

I'd do that in a heartbeat, trying to get zeurel a gig here actually.

Have you ever gotten to play with the character models? If it were me, I be sitting there like a little kid, making Orel beat the shit out of his Dad.

Haaa I'm delicate with those models. Only the model makers and animators really know how far you can push em till they break ha.

And lastly, if you did get to play with the models, could you make your own little shorts? Not for AS, but just take out your phone or something and make your own Morel Orel short to show your friends. I think that'd be pretty fun haha, when you get too bored working on something you can just take a brake, bring up your little short, and edit it.

Well, I'd love that, but Dino actually has little to no respect for directors so If I wanted to direct an episode, I just throw my hat in. Definitely doing it next season.

Response to [adultswim] artist here, wassup? 2012-07-02 13:41:23

How come Moral Orel was so great, but Frankenhole is so bad?

BBS Signature

Response to [adultswim] artist here, wassup? 2012-07-02 14:01:29

Newgrounds makes Adult Swim look like Educational Programming

BBS Signature

Response to [adultswim] artist here, wassup? 2012-07-02 14:03:27

At 7/1/12 06:34 PM, stabbyclaus wrote: I was expecting this at some point.

So an IMDB profile with no picture, some private youtube videos and a document that could have been written by any one 'totally' proves it. But lets not forget, some photo's that could have been snatched from anywhere on another forum is also evidence.

Here's a thought. Have a photo of you with Seth Green on the production site along with another photo of you holding a piece of paper with "NG" on it and then I'll believe you. Until then, I call bullshit.

It's not the lack of crimes that values your morality but your capacity for contrition.

Click this and one day I'll be worth bazillions.

Response to [adultswim] artist here, wassup? 2012-07-02 14:17:40

At 7/2/12 02:03 PM, The-universe wrote:
At 7/1/12 06:34 PM, stabbyclaus wrote: I was expecting this at some point.
So an IMDB profile with no picture, some private youtube videos and a document that could have been written by any one 'totally' proves it. But lets not forget, some photo's that could have been snatched from anywhere on another forum is also evidence.

Here's a thought. Have a photo of you with Seth Green on the production site along with another photo of you holding a piece of paper with "NG" on it and then I'll believe you. Until then, I call bullshit.

Haha, I can do it this Friday during weeklies. Like I said, Seth is my former boss. I currently work for Starburns industries with Dino & a bunch of Mr. Show artists who've all grown up & have kids now.

I'll do you one better. If any of you can find me a 3D Maya or SKP file of the NG logo, I will use the 3D printer to make it THEN go around the office with it to take photos.

Response to [adultswim] artist here, wassup? 2012-07-02 14:22:39

At 7/2/12 02:17 PM, stabbyclaus wrote: I'll do you one better. If any of you can find me a 3D Maya or SKP file of the NG logo, I will use the 3D printer to make it THEN go around the office with it to take photos.

That would be awesome.

Hopefully we can get our hands on something like that.

Sig by BlueHippo / User Icon by CosmicDeath.

BBS Signature

Response to [adultswim] artist here, wassup? 2012-07-02 15:05:34

Will you be at Comic-Con?

Also, what's your take on why AS has taken a dramatic turn to focusing on show that are clones to Tim and Eric?

BBS Signature

Response to [adultswim] artist here, wassup? 2012-07-02 16:57:53

At 7/2/12 02:37 PM, Travis wrote: Now, I know this is a bit personal, so feel free to not answer.

But what's your yearly salary with Adult Swim?

Are you also freelancing while doing this?

and my last question... it is a joke question.

Can you get me a job?

I can't give you a number honestly. Yes, we do a lot of freelance projects (including our own indie stuff) between seasons.

Response to [adultswim] artist here, wassup? 2012-07-02 17:01:44

So...we're supposed to think you're somehow important to us?

BBS Signature

Response to [adultswim] artist here, wassup? 2012-07-02 17:31:10

I won't be attending ComicCon this year. They ran out of +1s for professionals day of & I ain't going alone. Starburns/RC are definitely there though.

At 7/2/12 05:01 PM, Baby-Bottle-Bob wrote: So...we're supposed to think you're somehow important to us?

No, I was bored & decided to contribute a bit. I might be speaking at a New Media class somewhere so it's good practice, granted that I doubt they'll be calling each other faggots.

Response to [adultswim] artist here, wassup? 2012-07-02 17:34:36

Why did you cancel Tim and Eric?

Response to [adultswim] artist here, wassup? 2012-07-02 17:52:21

At 7/2/12 05:34 PM, Darthdenim wrote: Why did you cancel Tim and Eric?

heh, again, I can't speak for the decisions that are out of my hands. In fact, I hold no decision power at all. At most it's over the method to create an effect or composite. If your question is related to film/animation industry, I should be able to answer that for ya though.

Response to [adultswim] artist here, wassup? 2012-07-02 17:52:42

At 7/2/12 05:34 PM, Darthdenim wrote: Why did you cancel Tim and Eric?

Why did they cancel the talk show based on Tim and Eric?

Response to [adultswim] artist here, wassup? 2012-07-02 17:54:31

Seeing as how you've mentioned Robot Chicken and Moral Orel, is it safe to assume that you prefer doing stop motion animation over hand-drawn or do you like both equally?

<3

BBS Signature

Response to [adultswim] artist here, wassup? 2012-07-02 18:28:52

At 7/1/12 02:30 PM, GrandDaddyPurp wrote:
At 7/1/12 02:26 PM, XenonMonkey wrote:
At 7/1/12 02:11 PM, GrandDaddyPurp wrote: I HATE MOREL OREL...

notallcaps
It's not Morel Orel, it's Mary-Shellie's Frankenhole you autistic fuckbag.
I wasn't even aware of the existence of that show until just now... Adult Swim has so many terrible shows now, I thought it was just the new generation that was retarded, but apparently it spreads like a disease.

Children's Hospital, Eagleheart, Delocated, it's like I don't even know Adult Swim anymore...

What the hell?
Children's Hospital, Eagleheart and Delocated are some of there best shows!

Eh, you DO have a Cannabis avatar, so I'm just going to assume you were high as hell when you made this post.

Viva La Liquid Funk Baby. Keep it Mellow for all our sakes.

For Crap Nobody Cares About

BBS Signature

Response to [adultswim] artist here, wassup? 2012-07-02 18:31:31

At 7/2/12 05:54 PM, steph2568 wrote: Seeing as how you've mentioned Robot Chicken and Moral Orel, is it safe to assume that you prefer doing stop motion animation over hand-drawn or do you like both equally?

I love all media really. 2D is my personal favorite, then stopmo. My VFX/editing career choice limits me to more film (including stopmo) because animation doesn't require a lot of post in its pure form. Now, if we had a show like Amazing World of Gumball, then I'd cream myself with joy. Multi-media is really the bees knees in my opinion.