Alright, this took me quite some time to work out, so please bear with me.
NEW audio management page:
Straightforward overview of songs, similar to the âEUoepre-redesignâEU system: a list of all the submitted songs which provides general information to the submitter. It contains the following items: âEUoeedit buttonâEU*; âEUoeremove buttonâEU, number of reviews in total, number of new reviews since last visit, number of views, score, number of downloadsand number of added to favourites. This will replacethe current âEUoeproject management systemâEU.
*= Clicking on the âEUoeedit buttonâEU will bring the submitter to the âEUoeNEW audio submission / editâEU page.
NEW audio submission / edit page:
This page will also replacethe current âEUoeproject management systemâEU. Its lay-out is similar to the current âEUoeaudio submissionâEU page, and is accessible when one wants to submit a new song, or change an existing song. We shouldnâEUTMt need multiple pages to edit just one song. This will put all that stuff in one singlepage. It contains the following items:
- Audio file [option: allow change log** yes/no]
- Short description
- Full description
- Credits [option: additional license settings***].
- Revenue sharing
- Additional audio player settings**** (background colour, visual effects etc.)
** = Give the submitter the option to show a âEUoechange logâEU of the song. Listeners will then know when a song has been âEUoeupdatedâEU or âEUoechangedâEU since a given date.
*** = The ability to choose under which name people must give credit for the song (due to the Creative Commons license).
**** = Option to âEU~customizeâEUTM the audio player (using preset options e.g. background colour).
Submission / management in general:
- Allow songs from different users to have the exact same name. People can still see the difference by looking at the authorâEUTMs name and the songs are saved by ID tag.
- Multiple file types, bit rates etc.
- Increase max. song name length.
- Ability to rename music at all times.
- Ability to delete music at all times.
How the new systems work:
Say you want to submit your latest piece of art. YouâEUTMd then click the âEU~Submit Yours!âEUTM button and be taken to the âEU~NEW audio submission / edit pageâEUTM. Next youâEUTMd fill in the blanks and click âEU~submitâEUTM. Easy, huh?
But what if you were to change your mind? YouâEUTMd simply go to the âEU~NEW audio management pageâEUTM, which will give you a great overview of all your previously submitted works. All you have to do is find the audio piece you want to edit, click on the âEU~edit buttonâEUTM et voila, youâEUTMll instantly access the same âEU~NEW audio submission / edit pageâEUTM you used to submit the song in the first place, which is a lot more straightforward than the current âEUoeproject management systemâEU!
Credits and info:
- Author: includes first name (optional), last name (optional), and nickname
- Date: includes the optional change log (last changed: date).
- Score (votes)
- Distribution of votes: x people voted 0, y people voted 1, z people voted 2 etc.
- Number of views
- Number of downloads
- File info: includes file type and bit depth.
I'm not saying they should implement all this, it's just what I think would greatly enhance the way the current Audio Portal works.