00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Care2mchBEAR just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread

260,386 Views | 3,445 Replies

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-05-14 19:17:58

We posting these swag things or just sending a link to someone?

~Mike~

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-05-14 19:33:20

At 5/14/12 07:17 PM, Wyze-Stingray wrote: We posting these swag things or just sending a link to someone?

I sent a mediafire link to SJD since he's compiling the mixtape and promoting it. But I also posted it on NG and linked it up here. And in my signature. SWAG.

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-05-14 19:55:25

At 5/14/12 07:33 PM, Teqneek wrote:
At 5/14/12 07:17 PM, Wyze-Stingray wrote: We posting these swag things or just sending a link to someone?
I sent a mediafire link to SJD since he's compiling the mixtape and promoting it. But I also posted it on NG and linked it up here. And in my signature. SWAG.

If SJD wants a lossless WAV or FLAC file instead, his bitch-ass can contact my swag agency. Or he can send me a private message.

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-05-14 20:02:15

Now, I'm not the type to question voters, but Rampant: how does it being an accapella battle take the impact out of the lines?

~Mike~

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-05-14 20:02:37

Wyze, Post em on ur own profile if you like, but be sure to send me a link so I can compile em and promote em as a whole on Soundcloud, Datpiff, etc. I'm gonna give the mixtape its own page. BigRed (fag) said he'd link to those pages as well.

Rampant, I contacted ur swag agency and they were gangster leanin so hard that the phone fell out of the car. I don't really need a lossless wav cuz this is supposed to be a ghetto-ass-on-purpose mixtape, but if u just wna send it, swag it to mediafire.

no, really...DON'T CLICK THE PIC

BBS Signature

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-05-14 21:20:28

At 5/14/12 08:02 PM, SenatorJohnDean wrote:
Wyze, Post em on ur own profile if you like, but be sure to send me a link so I can compile em and promote em as a whole on Soundcloud, Datpiff, etc. I'm gonna give the mixtape its own page. BigRed (fag) said he'd link to those pages as well.

Check your facebook messages

~Mike~

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-05-14 22:08:04

At 5/14/12 08:02 PM, Wyze-Stingray wrote: Now, I'm not the type to question voters, but Rampant: how does it being an accapella battle take the impact out of the lines?

It sounds fuller and more flowing when you're spitting to a beat. A good battle beat can really add another level to the track. It's like listening to a Mozart opera without the orchestra: yeah, the most important content is there (the lyrics), but you're not getting the full experience, and it's a little less impactful.

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-05-14 22:39:36

That battle just did not work for me, and I'm a fan of both of you guys.

War Spawn acted like I had no clue what you guys were going for with this. Of course I do, but it was just not good. It sounded like one of those Grind Time battles, except it was all written. Also, for some reason you still used those "thinking up the next line" pauses, and that just wtf'ed me right out of this. Shit just didn't make sense to me.

It was a decent concept, but the way it was executed just kind of baffled me. BTW I pretty much hate Grind Time and KOTD anyway, but I respect what the good freestyle rappers do.

This was a written battle in spoken word freestyle form, and it made me sad.

Just my opinion.

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-05-14 22:43:44

At 5/14/12 10:39 PM, Teqneek wrote: That battle just did not work for me, and I'm a fan of both of you guys.

War Spawn acted like I had no clue what you guys were going for with this. Of course I do, but it was just not good. It sounded like one of those Grind Time battles, except it was all written. Also, for some reason you still used those "thinking up the next line" pauses, and that just wtf'ed me right out of this. Shit just didn't make sense to me.

It was a decent concept, but the way it was executed just kind of baffled me. BTW I pretty much hate Grind Time and KOTD anyway, but I respect what the good freestyle rappers do.

This was a written battle in spoken word freestyle form, and it made me sad.

Just my opinion.

Here it is with a beat http://carefoot.bandcamp.com

Play ya own damn beat next time I even do that for KOTD be your own DJ.

BBS Signature

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-05-14 22:59:12

At 5/14/12 10:43 PM, Carefoot wrote:

The lack of a beat wasn't what I was talking about.

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-05-14 23:13:23

At 5/14/12 10:59 PM, Teqneek wrote:
At 5/14/12 10:43 PM, Carefoot wrote:

The lack of a beat wasn't what I was talking about.

So you hate acapella battles? I thought its still an entertaining as fuck battle they both had good lines. I enjoyed the battle throughly shout outs too both Bill and Wyze that shit is great. I made a read that Bill would slaughter him and Wyze went damn good in the last verse. I still gave it too Bill but like imo its a great battle. I read your opinion I just don't see it. Like there was elements I could see from both of them that I'm like "well shit that break down reminded me of that shit SJD" we all seen grindtime and KOTD battles so of course we're going to be the product of what we seen. I still want too battle on KOTD more than anything else. But yeah I thought the battle is tight. I ain't even disagree I just think that without a beat to hide behind they had too go pretty hard and I think they were both entertaining. Are you not entertained?

BBS Signature

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-05-14 23:31:24

At 5/14/12 11:13 PM, Carefoot wrote

So you hate acapella battles? Are you not entertained?

It's not that I hate acapella battles. I respect them, but I'm not really a fan of whatever the hell it was that Wyze and KB both did with their second verses. I even said the acapella format was a good concept in this competition.

The last 2 verses turned me off. It was like they were freestyling writtens, taking pauses and everything, I just didn't get it. I explained it all in the comment above.

I guess I can see why people liked their battle; it was something different. I just couldn't get over what they did with those last verses. No hard feelings toward anyone.

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-05-14 23:57:44

At 5/14/12 11:44 PM, KillBillvolume2 wrote:
At 5/14/12 10:39 PM, Teqneek wrote: This was a written battle in spoken word freestyle form, and it made me sad.
Grindtime and KOTD battles are mostly writtens, they're written battle leagues.

I respect your opinion, we just tried something different. Try to just listen to it for lyrical content, Wyze just asked me from the start if we ever battled we should try this out, and I was feeling the idea.

Also, HOW could you dislike KOTD? That's like the epitome of live battling. *Scratches head*

Well, honestly, I'm not a huge fan of battle rap, and that's crazy- everything I've ever heard on GT and KOTD sounded like it was freestyled. If it's not, then I just lost a bit of respect for it. I really don't get the long pause thing. I guess it's so people can absorb what you just said, but I don't need 5 seconds for a line to register in my brain. The long pause shit seems unnecessary to me.

But anyway, back to me not being a big fan of battle rap in general. It's cool in small doses, but it gets old to me real quick. It's the same thing over and over, just flinging insults back and forth. I totally respect their skill and wordplay, but it's a one-trick pony.

I only got into this Clabtrap thing because I was having a fit of writer's block and I figured writing insults would be the easiest shit in the world, and maybe it could help me get back into the swing of things. And it pretty much did. I feel like this competition helped me improve, and I met some cool new people in the process, so that's an added bonus.

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-05-15 00:39:41

At 5/15/12 12:13 AM, KillBillvolume2 wrote:
At 5/14/12 11:57 PM, Teqneek wrote:
Bunch of stuff
Mo' stuff

Yeah, it's all good man. It was a change of pace, and it's cool to try new things. I probably didn't dig it because I'm just not a big fan of that format to begin with.

Although, I feel like a dumbass for not knowing that live battle stuff was all written. I never really listened to that much of it anyway though. I guess I'd have probably figured it out soon enough.

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-05-15 01:03:35

At 5/15/12 12:39 AM, Teqneek wrote: Although, I feel like a dumbass for not knowing that live battle stuff was all written. I never really listened to that much of it anyway though. I guess I'd have probably figured it out soon enough.

It occurs to me maybe the pauses in those type of leagues are the guys trying to remember what they wrote.

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-05-15 01:20:15

Fun fact, you have to say time at the end of your rounds, my round ain't over yet. Wait until you hear how big this is.

~Mike~

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-05-15 02:36:35

Charlie Cooper can be put on the collswag. It's the first time i've ever said that word on track.

BBS Signature

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-05-15 05:17:16

At 5/15/12 02:36 AM, PiGPEN wrote: Charlie Cooper can be put on the collswag. It's the first time i've ever said that word on track.

The Collswag Mixdisc that is.

BBS Signature

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-05-15 07:52:37

I'm all for calling it Swagtrap, but it's up to SJD.

Holy fucking shit PiG; I can't believe you made a song with Lil C. You're a special kind of troll.

YO AXTEKK- What's the count on the big collab track? 12 people signed on to it, and last I heard we had six verses in.

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-05-15 08:36:19

At 5/15/12 02:36 AM, PiGPEN wrote: Charlie Cooper can be put on the collswag. It's the first time i've ever said that word on track.

Its a good track but the flac is crap at like 130% volume its inaudible its not a real lossless file. Do you produce only mp3s man? God damn son get that 32 bit interface up and rolling it makes even your shit ass mp3s sound better. I can't say I'm better but get with the 2012 the audio nerds want too hear Lil C in perfect digital aHa!

That aHa shit is amazing. Shout outs too Lil C.

Approved swag.

BBS Signature

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-05-15 09:15:30

I don't see the problem here, the first person picks the beat that best suits him and his flow, giving him an advantage whilst the 2nd has the advantage of getting the last word with more flip possibilities.

Bill saw that he himself has no flow, and that Wyze must rely on beats alone to make himself sound good, therefore the best possible advantage for Bill would be spitting with no beat. So being the clever man he is, he chose no beat.

However, Red, Bill did not find a loophole.

Rule 3 from the CLABTRAP website:
"MC1 chooses beat from provided list of beats."
I did not see a blank .wav with no sounds on that list of beats. Therefore, disqualification.

I move for Kill Bill's arrest and that the battle be void until the case has been heard in front of a jury of his peers.

BBS Signature

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-05-15 09:50:41

At 5/15/12 08:36 AM, Carefoot wrote: Its a good track but the flac is crap at like 130% volume its inaudible its not a real lossless file. Do you produce only mp3s man? God damn son get that 32 bit interface up and rolling it makes even your shit ass mp3s sound better. I can't say I'm better but get with the 2012 the audio nerds want too hear Lil C in perfect digital aHa!

The beat was an mp3 because i couldnt find any better but the vocals are true HQ, legit FLAC.

That aHa shit is amazing. Shout outs too Lil C.
Approved swag.

If you want the AHA for sampling purposes, here's the original unedited freestyle acapella he sent me....
http://googumproduce.com/uploadcrap/charlie%20cooper_lilc.wa v

BBS Signature

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-05-15 10:21:39

Oh and this one is old now but it fits the swaggan and collaban with fellow competitors thing....
http://hogpen.bandcamp.com/track/stunts-call-me-honey-i-get-
money-remix

BBS Signature

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-05-15 10:24:59

Dudes. If you guys haven't listened to that beat Carefoot put over the Bill/Wyze battle, you should. All those "puases" yall are arguin about sound like they were MEANT to be be there. I was actually surprised at how well a supposedly tempo-less freestyle matched up with a quantized tempo beat. I'm a fan.

carefoot.bandcamp.com

Yo Mike Mizzy, I got ur FB msg. Good lookin on the track. Haven't listened to it yet. I'm actually savin it as a reward for myself aftrer I finish work today.
Yo Pig, I'd actually love to have that Charlie Cooper track as part of this thing. One request tho -- could you take the word "n*****core" off of your tags on the song? I know it's a troll ting (at least I think/hope it is) but yeah, I'm still a proud Southern black man, neva gon change.

BBS Signature

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-05-15 10:31:53

At 5/15/12 10:24 AM, SenatorJohnDean wrote: Yo Pig, I'd actually love to have that Charlie Cooper track as part of this thing. One request tho -- could you take the word "n*****core" off of your tags on the song? I know it's a troll ting (at least I think/hope it is) but yeah, I'm still a proud Southern black man, neva gon change.

You realize i said knicker in the song three times right? It's knickercore.

BBS Signature

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-05-15 10:41:49

Newgrounds banning the discussion of great blaxploitation films like Boss Knicker or it's prequels; Legend of Knicker Charley, Soul of Knicker Charley, is a damn shame and shamefully racishist.

BBS Signature

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-05-15 10:49:52

At 5/15/12 10:31 AM, PiGPEN wrote:
At 5/15/12 10:24 AM, SenatorJohnDean wrote: Yo Pig, I'd actually love to have that Charlie Cooper track as part of this thing. One request tho -- could you take the word "n*****core" off of your tags on the song? I know it's a troll ting (at least I think/hope it is) but yeah, I'm still a proud Southern black man, neva gon change.
You realize i said knicker in the song three times right? It's knickercore.

I don't know how to take this...so let's resort to some trolling psychoanalyzation.

Ryan is racist because, being white, he feels that he should naturally supercede any minority in the pecking order as it relates to social standing, monetary compensation in exchange for services rendered, and most importantly, in relation to sexual relations with women.

However, he has found this not to be the case, especially with women. Women consistently chose people whom Ryan deemed inferior to himself for recreational and prorecreational purposes. This reality clashed with Ms. Lambourn's internal notion of the truth and created a cognitive dissonance that could only be resolved through the expression of disdain toward those parties.

However, instead of expressing your disappointment with yourself in terms of racial slurs against others in an attempt to lower them to your level, the more civilized and effective solution is to raise yourself to theirs by way of study.

Should you ever endeavor, dear Ryan, to improve your standing among the world, I am inclined to place you in touch with resources which may help you achieve your desired reality in a more direct way, namely, resources that many have found quite effective in the wooing of youthful, skinny, large breasted white women.

You will therefore have no need to express your cognitive dissonance in a racially divisive tonality, for there will be no dissonance between your internal notions and reality. Your dissonance will disappear.

Should you refuse my kindly offer, I will simply return to reverse trolling your ass back into obscurity and irrelevance, as well, ignoring you, until you leave in frustration at your inability to reproduce your own feelings of despair in others on this BBS.

BBS Signature

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-05-15 10:54:18

At 5/15/12 10:49 AM, SenatorJohnDean wrote: racial slurs against others
AGAINST OTHERS

That's where your psychoanalysis fell apart.

youthful, skinny, large breasted white women.

Who's the racist now?

BBS Signature

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-05-15 10:59:09

At 5/15/12 10:54 AM, PiGPEN wrote:
At 5/15/12 10:49 AM, SenatorJohnDean wrote: racial slurs against others
AGAINST OTHERS
That's where your psychoanalysis fell apart.

youthful, skinny, large breasted white women.
Who's the racist now?

Your analysis of my analysis is shamfully shortsighted.

See what I did there? Not "shamefully," shamfully. It would only be a shame if I expected more of you. Your analysis is more a sham - a diversion to draw attention away from the main point of the argument. Stop dodging yourself, Ryan, girls don't give sex to guys who dodge. You dodge the truth of my analysis, you most likely dodge everything in life. Not sexy.

Oh, I make my preference for youthful, skinny, large breasted white women known quite well. I wrote a song about it. Diffrence between me and you is that I know who I am, and you're goddamn right I want to (and have) fucked the blonde billboard model.

Cutting off your obvious retort, no, not for money, lol. Pure charm.

I would take my advice if I were you. Humble yourself and receive the grace of the Senator. I've got some really good books for you to read that would really improve your life, Ryan.

BBS Signature

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-05-15 11:02:49

Slave-South black dude likes dairy girls with the bovine udders.
I'm going on record as saying Milton is a living breathing stereotype.

BBS Signature