• 3,871 Replies
AKACCMIOF
AKACCMIOF
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread May. 31st, 2012 @ 01:15 PM

At 5/31/12 09:45 AM, ThisIsAnEmergency wrote: Bursted your bubbliezzz.

Well anyone can just be a cynical asshole, but there's no denying that this year's seen some great match ups. Gas vs SJD, Suddle vs RJA, PiG vs Teq and yourself vs Scuare were all pretty fucking badass. PLUS we got the one sided ass whoopings we always love: JoeyKeys vs Gasmasq, SJD vs Future, PiG vs Maverick, Scuare vs Byron (sorry Byron, but I did expect better) and KillBill vs That Guy With The Whiney Voice.

Pretty good comp so far IMHO.

Also Rampant vs Blest and Scuare vs TVJohnny were just plain fucking hilarious.

Best be knowin, MoonBurn be postin'.
Download my EP for free RIGHT NOW

BBS Signature
Rampant
Rampant
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread May. 31st, 2012 @ 01:21 PM

At 5/31/12 01:15 PM, AKACCMIOF wrote: Also Rampant vs Blest and Scuare vs TVJohnny were just plain fucking hilarious.

The voters in those two battles were wrong. tvJohnny vs me would have made for a great battle: almost as good as me vs MilkDud.

Scuare
Scuare
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread May. 31st, 2012 @ 01:45 PM

At 5/31/12 09:45 AM, ThisIsAnEmergency wrote:
Bursted your bubbliezzz.

Can we just say the competition is the same? Missing three of top four last year, but have some new guys that are pretty good.

I mean the road to the finals last year couldn't have been much harder.

... awww :(

Poniiboi
Poniiboi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread May. 31st, 2012 @ 01:58 PM

At 5/31/12 09:45 AM, ThisIsAnEmergency, MadFlex, etc. wrote:
trollshit, 3 of the top 4 dicksuck, bla blah

Maaaaan, FUCK 3 of the top 4 last year. How about THAT.

And Emergency, don't be hatin on Jakobe. I actually like him AND THE MIXTAPE HE'S ACTUALLY DROPPING instead of pussying out like you

no, really...DON'T CLICK THE PIC

BBS Signature
AKACCMIOF
AKACCMIOF
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread May. 31st, 2012 @ 02:25 PM

Thought of a way to settle this.
Last year's third round.

This year's third round.

Really don't think there's much comparison.

BBS Signature
MadFLeX
MadFLeX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread May. 31st, 2012 @ 02:31 PM

At 5/31/12 01:58 PM, SenatorJohnDean wrote:
At 5/31/12 09:45 AM, ThisIsAnEmergency, MadFlex, etc. wrote:
trollshit,

Not hating, not trolling. Responding.

ThisIsAnEmergency
ThisIsAnEmergency
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread May. 31st, 2012 @ 02:47 PM

At 5/31/12 02:25 PM, AKACCMIOF wrote:
Thought of a way to settle this.
Last year's third round.

This year's third round.

Really don't think there's much comparison.

Last year's third round was Self vs Murdaa, not Murdaa vs Ockeroid. This year's third round was bland in my opinion. I didn't hear any surprising lyrics that made me burst out in laughter or even think "damn that's good", while last year Self vs Murdaa had 1 verse and there was like 2 of those in that, and Gasmasq vs Smorg was a giant joke and I heard a couple in that as well.

I can't really see much comparison either. As far as wittiness and lyrical ability, last year wins it.

BBS Signature
MadFLeX
MadFLeX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread May. 31st, 2012 @ 02:56 PM

I think the battles have been great this year. There's been a huge jump in showmanship. I'm just saying for suddle to say that the competition sucked last year because it's all new guys in the top 4 doesn't make any sense when 3 of the top 4 aren't in it. There was gonna be a different top 4 regardless.

AKACCMIOF
AKACCMIOF
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread May. 31st, 2012 @ 03:30 PM

At 5/31/12 02:56 PM, MadFLeX wrote: I think the battles have been great this year. There's been a huge jump in showmanship. I'm just saying for suddle to say that the competition sucked last year because it's all new guys in the top 4 doesn't make any sense when 3 of the top 4 aren't in it. There was gonna be a different top 4 regardless.

With Flex. There were some great rhymes last year, don't get me wrong, but I think really this year's just got generally better rappers with perhaps a couple of exceptions. I think in any case, what it does show is the quality of the new blood in Clabtrap with SJD, KillBill and Scuare being totally new additions.

Also Emergency, didn't you laugh at the lines "So get angry at yourself for making verse that's so dreadful/ And get angry at your parents for letting you think that you were special" or "I hear your god gied so let me spit some Jigga shit for fun/ I got 99 problems but your bitch ain't one"?

BBS Signature
ThisIsAnEmergency
ThisIsAnEmergency
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread May. 31st, 2012 @ 04:27 PM

At 5/31/12 03:30 PM, AKACCMIOF wrote: Also Emergency, didn't you laugh at the lines "So get angry at yourself for making verse that's so dreadful/ And get angry at your parents for letting you think that you were special" or "I hear your god gied so let me spit some Jigga shit for fun/ I got 99 problems but your bitch ain't one"?

I did not laugh at those lines. I agree, there are better rappers in it this year. Suddle, Bill, Scuare, and SJD are all generally better rappers than any of the Top 4 last year, sorry Flex, but you have no rap songs. As far as battling though, SJD and Scuare are the only two rappers up there that sound like witty, good, battlers. Sorry Suddle and Bill. Overall I've heard maybe 2 lines out of Bill that I thought were clever and good with great delivery. I haven't heard a single one from Suddle. SJD has had plenty and Scuare's entire battle vs me was nothing but wittiness in almost every bar. Honestly, I don't see how anyone thought it was close.

That's just my opinion on it all though. Those lyrics aren't bad for battles, don't get me wrong, but they can't compare to some of the stuff that was said last year, and keep in mind that I'm not even talking about just Flex, the entire Top 4 last year just brought more clever wittiness to the battles.

I honestly think the biggest thing about it this year is that you have guys like Suddle and Bill and even SJD who are bringing more emotion and flow into these battles than lyricism. Suddle brings an incredible flow every battle, but no lyrics. SJD during the battle with Gasmasq, to me, was lacking that big punch, mainly because he brought so much more real anger and real emotion into it. Scuare's been great in my opinion. And Bill, Well.. Bill hasn't even been brutally challenged yet. I'm excited to hear what he'll say against Scuare, cause in almost every battle I've heard, Bill is sounding pretty lazy. I mean I've heard Bill destroy people in diss-tracks, so what he's been doing for these battles is unacceptable to me.

BBS Signature
KillBillvolume2
KillBillvolume2
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread May. 31st, 2012 @ 04:47 PM

At 5/31/12 09:45 AM, ThisIsAnEmergency wrote:
Bursted your bubbliezzz.

Not even sure why you're making the comparison, honestly. The majority of us worked our asses off to give a good show, not really sure why it matters in the first place. It's not our fault that Nimbus, Flex, Cynic, and whoever else didn't sign up this year, and putting everyone else in a low tier box is sort of a dick move to them. We got paired with who we got paired with.
Burst away, captain.

AKACCMIOF
AKACCMIOF
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread May. 31st, 2012 @ 04:48 PM

At 5/31/12 04:27 PM, ThisIsAnEmergency wrote: That's just my opinion on it all though. Those lyrics aren't bad for battles, don't get me wrong, but they can't compare to some of the stuff that was said last year, and keep in mind that I'm not even talking about just Flex, the entire Top 4 last year just brought more clever wittiness to the battles.

Hmmmm... IDK, relistening to it it didn't seem as on point or full of in jokes as this year (Just look at PiG vs Teq, you couldn't count the injoke references on two hands) but that could be just because I don't get them. And to be honest, it sounds like everyone who competed last year has improved a lot since last year (Emergency> QSik). Really all last year seems heavy on empty threats, whilst this year is full of career disses which seem more substantial. Hmmmm, what do you think were the best lyrics last year? I might just not get them.

BBS Signature
MadFLeX
MadFLeX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread May. 31st, 2012 @ 05:00 PM

I think the top 4 this year all could have made the top 4 last year. There's a lot of talent in this pool. This all mainly started because Suddle said the competition last year wasn't as good because it was a new top 4.

NogginmenAnimations
NogginmenAnimations
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread May. 31st, 2012 @ 05:05 PM

And let's face it, because of the way the brackets fall (this year and last) there are some people who never really got a chance to exhibit what they're about.
The first example to spring to mind is that Rahemhotep guy from last year. Some people didn't like him but I thought his battle against <whoever the fuck it was> was really good. Sadly, he was up against a fucking beast so he got knocked out and didn't get much of a chance to show what he was all about.

AKACCMIOF
AKACCMIOF
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread May. 31st, 2012 @ 05:16 PM

I think BigRed's seeding system worked well though. I mean, DJ Future, EJ Spark, TV Johnny, XST@TYK, they'd all look pretty out of place beyond the first round IMO.

BBS Signature
PiGPEN
PiGPEN
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Animator
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread May. 31st, 2012 @ 05:18 PM

I think everyone who competed is a winner.

BBS Signature
NogginmenAnimations
NogginmenAnimations
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread May. 31st, 2012 @ 05:21 PM

At 5/31/12 05:18 PM, PiGPEN wrote: I think everyone who competed is a winner.

It is the taking part that counts.

Poniiboi
Poniiboi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread May. 31st, 2012 @ 05:41 PM

At 5/31/12 05:00 PM, MadFLeX wrote: I think the top 4 this year all could have made the top 4 last year. There's a lot of talent in this pool. This all mainly started because Suddle said the competition last year wasn't as good because it was a new top 4.

Well, Suddle's about a week and a half from getting his fat mouth shut.

BBS Signature
Rampant
Rampant
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread May. 31st, 2012 @ 05:47 PM

At 5/31/12 05:41 PM, SenatorJohnDean wrote:
At 5/31/12 05:00 PM, MadFLeX wrote: I think the top 4 this year all could have made the top 4 last year. There's a lot of talent in this pool. This all mainly started because Suddle said the competition last year wasn't as good because it was a new top 4.

Don't hold your breath. He's had my first verse for 10 goddamn days in our side battle...

Poniiboi
Poniiboi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread May. 31st, 2012 @ 05:48 PM

At 5/31/12 05:47 PM, RampantMusik wrote: Don't hold your breath. He's had my first verse for 10 goddamn days in our side battle...

Actually, ur right. And he could take 6 months and BugSpray would keep him in the comp. So yeah, maybe longer than a week and a half.

BBS Signature
Blasphem-E
Blasphem-E
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread May. 31st, 2012 @ 05:53 PM

At 5/31/12 04:27 PM, ThisIsAnEmergency wrote: I mean I've heard Bill destroy people in diss-tracks, so what he's been doing for these battles is unacceptable to me.

When you diss someone, it's generally because there is animosity there. Last time I checked, Billy and I don't hate each other, so it's harder to come with that super hardcore ether shit.

~Mike~

Teqneek
Teqneek
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread May. 31st, 2012 @ 06:00 PM

At 5/31/12 05:47 PM, RampantMusik wrote:
At 5/31/12 05:41 PM, SenatorJohnDean wrote:
Don't hold your breath. He's had my first verse for 10 goddamn days in our side battle...

Suddle's waiting for the rhyming dictionary website to come back online.

ByronTheRapper
ByronTheRapper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread May. 31st, 2012 @ 06:52 PM

At 5/31/12 01:15 PM, AKACCMIOF wrote: PLUS we got the one sided ass whoopings we always love: JoeyKeys vs Gasmasq, SJD vs Future, PiG vs Maverick, Scuare vs Byron (sorry Byron, but I did expect better)

The passion for battling is all gone for me (and has been since the pre-round ended) :(. Especially against someone like Scuare that I predicted during the hype-track stage that would win the whole thing.

Now if anyone wants to battle against me as Time, then I'll be Diablo 3. I fucking rape the shit out of time with some D3.

Blasphem-E
Blasphem-E
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread May. 31st, 2012 @ 07:19 PM

I want to get in a good battle. Anybody in?

~Mike~

NogginmenAnimations
NogginmenAnimations
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread May. 31st, 2012 @ 07:37 PM

At 5/31/12 07:19 PM, Wyze-Stingray wrote: I want to get in a good battle. Anybody in?

You fancy droppin' a collab for my mixtape instead? (Seriously can't remember if I've asked you already...)

Not pussying out, I just can't be arsed with battling right now. I'll wait 'til the next mini-bracket. Unless you want to call me out directly, then I'll have to defend my manhood. My sore, tender manhood.

pinballwizard420
pinballwizard420
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread May. 31st, 2012 @ 08:00 PM

Wow, Senator over Gas? That's fucked up someone has to explain that one to me. I had to listen to the track five times just to understand his ridiculously crammed lyrics let alone know that they lacked style or delivery.

What happened to voting for someone based on the full body of content? What's with this asinine notion of judging based solely on lyrics or intro/outro?

It's happened a few times already this comp and now again in Round 3? Grow the hell up people. If your delivery, style, flow, and follow through aren't there you need to be gone. Gas should have won, period. So actually, don't explain this one to me. Nothing any of you say will justify this decision. Bloody ridiculous, fairly clear this judgment was made solely to keep Gas out of the semis.

You know where the best rappers in the game would be without flow, delivery, clarity, and style? Fucking nowhere. It's about the full body of work, not just what you say but how you say it.

Poniiboi
Poniiboi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread May. 31st, 2012 @ 08:07 PM

At 5/31/12 08:00 PM, pinballwizard420 wrote: trolly stuff

Great how you ask for a discussion, then say "nobody try to justify this to me." LOL. ok. Tell ya boy to stop voting with alts.

BBS Signature
Blasphem-E
Blasphem-E
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread May. 31st, 2012 @ 08:20 PM

Noggin: you hadn't asked me, but I can definitely get something done for you.

Pinball: the real question is whatever happened to judging battles solely on the quantity of fat jokes. I miss those days,.

~Mike~

Teqneek
Teqneek
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread May. 31st, 2012 @ 08:23 PM

At 5/31/12 08:00 PM, pinballwizard420 wrote: I really want Gas to put it in my butt.

Goddamn u mad. There has been a TON of bullshit going ton with the voting in this comp, but this battle shouldn't even be on your bitching list. It was close in almost every aspect and the outcome could have gone either way, so your whining for Gassy poo tells me that you're either a biased friend/fan of Gas, or just an asshole. It was a good battle.

Poniiboi
Poniiboi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Musician
Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread May. 31st, 2012 @ 08:31 PM

At 5/31/12 08:00 PM, pinballwizard420 wrote: I really want Gas to put it in my butt.

That mofoz either an alt or related to the sumbitch. Maybe he's the fart that Gas pooted many years ago. Did I call it or what? He's not worried about how Gas was late, or how he dissed me in the outro. Dickridin fag.

Funny that idiot talks about voting on intros and outros and I was the one who brought that to everyone's attention.

BBS Signature