FatKidWitAJetPak
FatKidWitAJetPak
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Musician
Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! Nov. 22nd, 2011 @ 08:52 PM Reply

At 11/22/11 04:40 AM, Subliminalvids wrote:
Do we have a rough idea as to when the CDs will be available?

Hopefully by Christmas!!

Sorry i have been busy the past couple of days guys. I have been working at Apple and the store is BUSSSSSSYYYY with holidays coming up. Anyway, here are a few updates:

I got an artist to do our Album Art!!! :D

I am mixing the music meow!

I need to get someone to master... MrMilkCarton is a good bet but he's probably busy. I'll PM him.

I can't decide which charity we should do this for... I've been considering the whole charity for some sort of musical related thing... but thats more of a charity for creativity and not for dying people, lol.

Anyone else have a T-shirt design idea? If not I think we should start a vote :P

Kirbyfemur
Kirbyfemur
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Audiophile
Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! Nov. 23rd, 2011 @ 12:08 AM Reply

At 11/22/11 08:52 PM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote:
Anyone else have a T-shirt design idea? If not I think we should start a vote :P

Lol i could through something up...together, so that there are more than 2 choices lol

Xyresic
Xyresic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Musician
Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! Nov. 23rd, 2011 @ 12:11 AM Reply

At 11/22/11 08:51 PM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: Also, should we move all of this into one album with multiple CDs since we don't have that wide of a variety? *most of them are DnB, House, and Elektro*.

I think the pros and cons are the same for both.

The way we have it now may mean more work for Mr Fulp, but it also means people can choose genres they are most interested in. It does also mean there are only a few tracks per album.

If we condense it into one album it may mean less work, and a simpler way to present and sell it. However, it also means that it might of less value to people who are only interested in a particular genre. Buying a multi-CD album is kind of pointless if you're only going to listen to one CD. It would probably also require a higher price.

bork bork bork

AetherX
AetherX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Musician
Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! Nov. 23rd, 2011 @ 12:35 AM Reply

At 11/23/11 12:11 AM, Xyresic wrote: It would probably also require a higher price.

True, but we never lowered the price when we cut the the number of songs on each CD. It shouldn't be raised by much, though. As long as we charge less than $20 we should be fine. People tend to be pretty free with their money when it comes to stuff under twenty bucks.

--NG Music -- Soundcloud--
Most Recent Song: Explore Infinity <-Failed audition to NGADM!

ObsidianSnow
ObsidianSnow
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! Nov. 23rd, 2011 @ 08:27 PM Reply

We could also do this:

Sell each album separately for a minimum donation of, for example, $8.

Then also offer the full pack of 3 albums for a minimum donation of something like $20. (Less than if you paid for each separately)

Yes, I said "minimum donation" - give people the option to donate as much as they like, since I'm sure some people would be more than happy to pay significantly more for the albums because they're for charity.

Simple. Sure, there'd be the hassle of setting up the minimum donation thing on the website, but I don't see Tom disliking the idea so much as to simply dismiss it.

Most recent release: [ Stephanie ]

BBS Signature
Xyresic
Xyresic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Musician
Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! Nov. 24th, 2011 @ 07:01 AM Reply

At 11/23/11 08:27 PM, ObsidianSnow wrote: good plan

I rather like this idea, considering the profits are going to charity. Allow people to pay what they want, if they pay above a certain amount they have the choice of getting all the albums together.

bork bork bork

samulis
samulis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 08
Musician
Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! Nov. 24th, 2011 @ 05:20 PM Reply

At 11/24/11 07:01 AM, Xyresic wrote:
At 11/23/11 08:27 PM, ObsidianSnow wrote: good plan
I rather like this idea, considering the profits are going to charity. Allow people to pay what they want, if they pay above a certain amount they have the choice of getting all the albums together.

I second this... if it's possible.

I did talk to a few non-audio newgrounds friends, and they said they would be very interested in purchasing individual albums per genre/grouping instead of a total, as the lack of excessive funds was a general theme. Besides, many people buy albums for three or four songs within them.

My Music - Game Dev./Music Tutorials - Website
Orchestral/Cinematic Composer

BBS Signature
Lashmush
Lashmush
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! Nov. 24th, 2011 @ 09:22 PM Reply

fatkid, did it completely slip your mind that I told you about juggernautknights stealing his submission from Dominik Rebitzer, aka Fake Smile Revolution? fuck, hes even accepted into the CDs. you're going to have to remove him asap, dude. please tell me production of physical copies hasn't been done yet...

Listen to and download Ultima Eternus in MP3 right here on NG or buy the lossless version! Srsly, buy it. >:c

BBS Signature
Kirbyfemur
Kirbyfemur
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Audiophile
Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! Nov. 24th, 2011 @ 09:30 PM Reply

At 11/24/11 09:22 PM, Lashmush wrote: fatkid, did it completely slip your mind that I told you about juggernautknights stealing his submission ....

Send him a PM, hopefully he'll get this message soon....

FatKidWitAJetPak
FatKidWitAJetPak
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Musician
Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! Nov. 25th, 2011 @ 03:02 PM Reply

At 11/24/11 09:22 PM, Lashmush wrote: fatkid, did it completely slip your mind that I told you about juggernautknights stealing his submission from Dominik Rebitzer, aka Fake Smile Revolution? fuck, hes even accepted into the CDs. you're going to have to remove him asap, dude. please tell me production of physical copies hasn't been done yet...

Sure did. I'll remove him ;)

DJDela
DJDela
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! Nov. 26th, 2011 @ 01:55 PM Reply

Look, if we just can't agree on which charity we give money to, why don't just artists get whatever amount of money that album might earn. It's fine with me whatever is decided.
I'm not from US so I don't know anything about those charities discussed.
Let's just just make one thing clear, I don't give a damn about the money, and I don't want to sound like a prick, the only thing I'm interested in at the moment is to see what will the album art look like. :P

samulis
samulis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 08
Musician
Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! Nov. 26th, 2011 @ 04:17 PM Reply

At 11/26/11 01:55 PM, adsubzero wrote: Look, if we just can't agree on which charity we give money to, why don't just artists get whatever amount of money that album might earn. It's fine with me whatever is decided.

We have about 30 people on the CD... if we price the total at 20 bucks, we only need to sell 3 whole things for each of us to get about 2 bucks... if each part is 10 bucks, then 6 parts would get us each 2 bucks too.

If we sold only 9 sets of everything and 12 individual albums, we'd get 10 bucks each (or 300 bucks for a charity if we are feeling less egotistical on the day we decide where it goes)... if we actually try to advertise this a bit, we could easily get that much... not to mention the donation idea and the other points about album pricing and organization brought up.

BBS Signature
DJDela
DJDela
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! Nov. 26th, 2011 @ 04:37 PM Reply

At 11/26/11 04:17 PM, samulis wrote:
We have about 30 people on the CD... if we price the total at 20 bucks, we only need to sell 3 whole things for each of us to get about 2 bucks... if each part is 10 bucks, then 6 parts would get us each 2 bucks too.

Like I said, I'm fine with that, I just want to see that we all agree which charity we give the money to.

ObsidianSnow
ObsidianSnow
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! Nov. 26th, 2011 @ 06:35 PM Reply

At 11/26/11 04:17 PM, samulis wrote: I want money

Music For CHARITY.

Which charity? Well, we need to have a vote, preferably very soon. Since nobody has so far stepped up to trying to organize one, I'll say right now that I'm willing to put the vote together.

I would suggest that we do it in a fashion something like this:

1) Have everyone spend a few days searching for good charities, and gather them together into a master list

2) Have people post their votes in either this thread or new one dedicated to the vote

3) Vote on two things:

----- A) Whether you'd prefer to donate to one charity vs. donating to multiple charities
----- B) Your top 3 choices of charity to donate to

4) Tally the votes (potentially giving extra weight to each person's 1st and 2nd choice)

5) Cake.

----------------------------------------
----------------------------

TL;DR: Let's vote for a charity, and do it very soon. Christmas is coming fast.

BBS Signature
samulis
samulis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 08
Musician
Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! Nov. 26th, 2011 @ 07:04 PM Reply

At 11/26/11 06:35 PM, ObsidianSnow wrote:
At 11/26/11 04:17 PM, samulis wrote: I want money
stuff and things

Geez... I guess I can't play devil's advocate. :P

I already said this, but ThermalLaser brought up the National Association for Music Education here in the US and I think that's the best choice, at least from my point of view. I don't know about other nations, but I reckon there's something like this for several nations, even developing and underdeveloped ones.

BBS Signature
samulis
samulis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 08
Musician
Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! Nov. 26th, 2011 @ 07:07 PM Reply

Here's FKWaJP's list:

UNICEF
OXFAM
Amnesty
Borderless World Volunteers
Feed The Children
CANFAR
Street Kids

+ the Heifer fund/foundation/project

He has links on his post on page 4.

BBS Signature
ObsidianSnow
ObsidianSnow
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! Nov. 26th, 2011 @ 07:39 PM Reply

At 11/26/11 07:07 PM, samulis wrote: Here's FKWaJP's list:
(List)
He has links on his post on page 4.

...Actually, I posted those. xD

BBS Signature
ObsidianSnow
ObsidianSnow
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! Nov. 26th, 2011 @ 07:47 PM Reply

Apologies for the double post, I keep forgetting that NG doesn't let you edit posts. Anyways.

At 11/26/11 07:04 PM, samulis wrote: I already said this, but ThermalLaser brought up the National Association for Music Education here in the US and I think that's the best choice

I love my US neighbours and music education, but I feel we could place donations somewhere they'll matter more to people...

At 11/26/11 07:04 PM, samulis wrote: I reckon there's something like this for several nations, even developing and underdeveloped ones.

...^^And that's exactly what I mean. If we can find something that promotes and uses music to improve lives in places where people struggle every day, then I think we'll probably have found our charity.

BBS Signature
samulis
samulis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 08
Musician
Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! Nov. 26th, 2011 @ 08:14 PM Reply

I know there is a UN-based programme trying to promote animation in Africa, but there might be one about music somewhere.

BBS Signature
ObsidianSnow
ObsidianSnow
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! Nov. 26th, 2011 @ 08:28 PM Reply

At 11/26/11 08:14 PM, samulis wrote: I know there is a UN-based programme trying to promote animation in Africa, but there might be one about music somewhere.

I think I found exactly what we're talking about. After some searching online for charities that use music to improve lives internationally, Google threw this at me:

Music as Therapy International

It's a smallish organization, but it looks like there are some good examples, like their Rwanda project, that demonstrate how their efforts are making a difference to people who need it - specifically through music. They're also featured as the Paritor Charity of the Year for 2011.

Personally, I couldn't have wished for a better charity to donate to.

BBS Signature
XsakuX
XsakuX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Musician
Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! Nov. 26th, 2011 @ 10:14 PM Reply

At 11/26/11 08:28 PM, ObsidianSnow wrote: Personally, I couldn't have wished for a better charity to donate to.

I like ^

AetherX
AetherX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Musician
Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! Nov. 27th, 2011 @ 02:51 AM Reply

At 11/26/11 08:28 PM, ObsidianSnow wrote:
I think I found exactly what we're talking about. After some searching online for charities that use music to improve lives internationally, Google threw this at me:

Music as Therapy International

I had to do some research on music therapy for my Health class last year, it's cool stuff. I support this one as well.

--NG Music -- Soundcloud--
Most Recent Song: Explore Infinity <-Failed audition to NGADM!

KKSlider60
KKSlider60
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Musician
Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! Nov. 27th, 2011 @ 08:39 AM Reply

At 11/26/11 08:28 PM, ObsidianSnow wrote: Music as Therapy International

Let's go for it then :)

DJDela
DJDela
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! Nov. 27th, 2011 @ 09:20 AM Reply

I'm fine with that too.

FatKidWitAJetPak
FatKidWitAJetPak
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Musician
Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! Nov. 27th, 2011 @ 11:55 AM Reply

I like a lot of he examples provided so far. I will go ahead and narrow all of them down I what I feel are the top 3 or so, based on people's responses and my own personal opinion, and I will send out PMs to people asking them to vote. Then we can get the charity process finalized.

Next on the agedndurp:

ALBUM ART (Got an artist)
FINAL TRACK LIST
FINAL NG DEMO MIX
FINAL T SHRT DESIGN (We would still love t shirt designs!)
GETTING IT ALL TOGETHER WITH TOM FULP

Xyresic
Xyresic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Musician
Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! Nov. 30th, 2011 @ 07:44 AM Reply

Bump, only because I dislike seeing such a good collab thread fall into the second page...

bork bork bork

gavkay21
gavkay21
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Musician
Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! Dec. 1st, 2011 @ 12:50 PM Reply

Really happy i got into this CD. I must say i do like the african music charity idea. Might be worthwhile informing the charity about the project and they could help out with the CD promotion. Its win/win for the charity if you think about it.

samulis
samulis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 08
Musician
Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! Dec. 1st, 2011 @ 01:24 PM Reply

At 12/1/11 12:50 PM, gavkay21 wrote: Really happy i got into this CD. I must say i do like the african music charity idea. Might be worthwhile informing the charity about the project and they could help out with the CD promotion. Its win/win for the charity if you think about it.

Ya, there's nothing wrong with contacting the charity ahead of time... even if they won't advertise/promo it, they'll surely be able to tell us what will help the most or whatever.

BBS Signature
Gede
Gede
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Musician
Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! Dec. 2nd, 2011 @ 10:30 AM Reply

Oh crap...

Too late for me...

BBS Signature
LiquidOoze
LiquidOoze
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Musician
Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! Dec. 2nd, 2011 @ 10:34 AM Reply

At 12/2/11 10:30 AM, Gede wrote: Oh crap...

Too late for me...

To me this looks like a cheap excuse to advertise.

SoundCloud || Youtube || Bandcamp || Facebook || Click below to listen to my newest track!

BBS Signature