Be a Supporter!

Ng Cd 2011 Project Results!

  • 63,015 Views
  • 639 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Kirbyfemur
Kirbyfemur
  • Member since: Dec. 18, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 13
Audiophile
Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! Nov. 13th, 2011 @ 12:41 AM Reply

At 11/12/11 09:42 PM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote:

... biast BS in the main NG contests where Mindchamber basically choose all dub step tracks for the winners of the Robot Day and Madness Day contest....

Mindchamber had little to nothing to do with those, other than being a staff member for the most part. They get a panel of people to judge the songs. I remember those from this year, and the best tracks where dubstep, since they felt like they fit the contest better. There is a bias towards what sounds more like the contest. And sorry to say that classical type (or other certain calmer genres) things, unless done right don't fit well. That and a lot of the other songs submitted where tracks people had already made and didn't seem fit to find the time to make an original track for the contest.

/end

Also WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Second thing i've gotten out of a contest. First was a shirt from the Hania contest a bit back (got third in that) and now this. Next maybe i'll win american idol, or the RAC's (If they come up this year)! :P

FatKidWitAJetPak
FatKidWitAJetPak
  • Member since: Jul. 28, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 29
Musician
Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! Nov. 13th, 2011 @ 12:58 AM Reply

Im talking about The very first robot day we had lol. The results were kind of BS in my opinion. I don't know anything about this years robot day.

Pixelested
Pixelested
  • Member since: Aug. 23, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Programmer
Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! Nov. 13th, 2011 @ 01:51 AM Reply

At 11/13/11 12:58 AM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: Im talking about The very first robot day we had lol. The results were kind of BS in my opinion. I don't know anything about this years robot day.

Well sir, YOU have GOT to get a look at it! Although it was unlike last year's, it had some nice features, including newgrounds' favorite troll Hooplahloo or something like that...

Anyway, I had an amazing time reviewing the music submitted by others. Everyone had decent submissions, some were over the top and quite surprising to hear from those that are really unheard of in the Audio Portal in general. Despite the lack of time I had for listening, I did have a chance to listen to everyone's piece, whether they have been WIP's or reposts for their finals. I really can't help but look forward to the finalization of this CD.

Still, with the attitudes from everyone in mind, as everyone will take things differently as intended, keep in mind that although you may or may have not gotten in, this gives everyone a chance to better themselves and become much greater composers and DJs in their future. I know for a fact that the feedback in Audio Portal is usually spot on, and it helps sculpt who we are as artists. With this, I bid everyone's well-put effort not with a grain of salt, but with an aspect that we will all get better.

DjMindsweeper
DjMindsweeper
  • Member since: Jan. 20, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Musician
Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! Nov. 13th, 2011 @ 03:45 AM Reply

At 11/12/11 07:17 AM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: DjMindSweeper 10/10
Woooooohhhooooaaaa I could dance to this baby! I could drive realy fast to it. Hell i could ill kittens with this music. That filtered synthe in the background is fucking pimpin. every layer works so well together as well. This is FANTASTIC Hardstyle. i dont even like hardstyle. Youve shown me what good hardstyle is!Im totally downloading this to my playlist. Oh lord this constant erection in my pants tells me these beats are golden. You switch up the beat wonderfully, you have everything mastered out the kazzoo, and Im pretty sure this songs vibrations will make even the nerdiest kid on the planet a playa if he plays this to a girl. My favorite is right after the mid way point where you begin to die the song off. It builds down perfectley. Well done

I think my brain just fell out of my ass.
Let me just try to say that I am so flattered and honored at the same time right now it's hard to keep from caps-spamming nonsensical happy gibberish, complete with "!!one!!11!!".
Also, this is fantastic hardstyle because it's not hardstyle. ;)
Now excuse me while I repeatedly make sweet love to your post.


BBS Signature
Troisnyx
Troisnyx
  • Member since: Jun. 26, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Musician
Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! Nov. 13th, 2011 @ 03:50 AM Reply

At 11/12/11 06:52 PM, jpbear wrote:
At 11/12/11 06:40 PM, SpaceWhale wrote:
At 11/12/11 06:33 PM, jpbear wrote: Im a harsh guy on the internet so ill say this flat out: your submission clearly did not deserve to pass through.
you don't need to be a dick about it
its a pretty concrete and neutral statement, and its the reason his track didnt pass. Not genre bias on the judge's part.

Not too complicated of an issue.

That's bias, for that'll mean not having paid attention to the song itself. We're not expecting you to be Mr Nice Guy, but if you think that person didn't deserve entry, substantiate your argument with something much more musically technical than 'You didn't deserve it'. Then, and only then, will we salute you for being much less biased.


AMDG ✝

NGADM Round 2 Entry: A Night in the Attic

BBS Signature
KKSlider60
KKSlider60
  • Member since: Dec. 7, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Musician
Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! Nov. 13th, 2011 @ 03:52 AM Reply

At 11/13/11 12:58 AM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: Im talking about The very first robot day we had lol. The results were kind of BS in my opinion. I don't know anything about this years robot day.

I was disappointed by RD2010. I actually participated just for fun, to see how things really work in such contests, and how do the judges... judge. I lost of course, but some months later I came up with (IMO) a handful of beautiful tracks, deep and atmospheric.

I'm not self-celebrating, but even though I consider most of the contests to be flawed since the beginning, that doesn't stop me to continue improving myself and experiment something new, while strengthen what I already have. Who cares about how do they judge, really? You're here primarily to help people choose the right music for their projects. Numbers, scores, reviews, contests... it doesn't matter. It's just you and your audio.

To be honest, I don't really approve that FK called it a "system", since every judgement in the end is personal and objective up to a limit. But I can accept that, as long as my audio will continue to flow in this site undisturbed. The judgement methods they use... it's simply their problem. That's all I can say. I remember having a shitty time saying something like "That's totally unfair!!" or "Why didn't I make it to the top??" It just makes things worse.

/OT

Was the cake any good? :3
Kirbyfemur
Kirbyfemur
  • Member since: Dec. 18, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 13
Audiophile
Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! Nov. 13th, 2011 @ 12:01 PM Reply

At 11/13/11 12:58 AM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: Im talking about The very first robot day we had lol. The results were kind of BS in my opinion. I don't know anything about this years robot day.

lol you can't get an opinion from one instance, that would be a bias within it self. A bias within a bias :P

Don't worry, i'll try to not pick apart your logic to much more >:3
jpbear
jpbear
  • Member since: Apr. 24, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! Nov. 13th, 2011 @ 12:36 PM Reply

At 11/13/11 03:50 AM, TroisNyxEtienne wrote:
That's bias, for that'll mean not having paid attention to the song itself. We're not expecting you to be Mr Nice Guy, but if you think that person didn't deserve entry, substantiate your argument with something much more musically technical than 'You didn't deserve it'. Then, and only then, will we salute you for being much less biased.

I'm not a judge lol. He got his review, he doesnt need me to spell out why his track was unappealing and very amateur, it was a simple train wreck, sounds like the stuff i made within my first two months of production.

Rahmemhotep
Rahmemhotep
  • Member since: May. 10, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Musician
Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! Nov. 13th, 2011 @ 06:09 PM Reply

At 11/12/11 12:08 PM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote:
Rahmemhotep 8/10 Metal

I respect the hard work you clearly put into this. The vocals at first were kind of off, but then got better as the song progressed. I think the main problem with this song is the mastering. I understand it can be VERY annoying and difficult to master a song. Sometimes it takes years before an artist understands how to properly do it. I would strongly recommend taking your mastering questions to the aduio forums. You need a bit more depth in here with less clipping on those high hats. Youve got great style though. Keep up the hard work and next time get a professional to record your performance.

I'm'a reply to dis hurr thang. To begin, the vocals were MEANT to sound off at some parts. I know what I'm doing in the mixing (as you say, "mastering") department, the problem was that I didn't have enough time to do it right. There's no clipping on the high-hats, so I have no idea what you mean, they're just loud as fuck, so your headset might need replacing, unless .mp3 made it clip.

You see, what I needed to do was layer the instruments, equalize the fuck out of the vocals, fix the percussion, do the vocals with a better microphone, do more with panning the choir vox and take more time to do all this. I really just didn't have enough time before the deadline (I scrapped my original song and started a new one), so, rather than being a loser and not submitting anything, I decided to just go ahead and submit an incomplete song.

I know what I have to do to make it sound better, but the vocals have to stay virtually the same, since I can't do too much using a PC headset mic. Another thing is that this is electronic music. I'm still getting my kicks with this stuff as it's more difficult/tedious to control velocity, timbre and other such things than it is when I'm playing guitar or saz. That being said, it takes me longer to fool with it than it should.

Also, there's no way I'm letting a, "professional," mix experimental music. I'd be on his back with a scythe the entire time he'd be doing it.

In any case, thanks for reviewing my song.


Does anyone see any other errors? I did, afterall, post thi after 8 hours of work at 6AM lol.

Yup, "aduio," "afterall," "Youve," and, "thi". (lolololol)


My sig is clickable and takes you some place.
Best Thread Ever

BBS Signature
Troisnyx
Troisnyx
  • Member since: Jun. 26, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Musician
Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! Nov. 13th, 2011 @ 07:01 PM Reply

At 11/13/11 12:36 PM, jpbear wrote:
At 11/13/11 03:50 AM, TroisNyxEtienne wrote:
That's bias, for that'll mean not having paid attention to the song itself. We're not expecting you to be Mr Nice Guy, but if you think that person didn't deserve entry, substantiate your argument with something much more musically technical than 'You didn't deserve it'. Then, and only then, will we salute you for being much less biased.
I'm not a judge lol. He got his review, he doesnt need me to spell out why his track was unappealing and very amateur, it was a simple train wreck, sounds like the stuff i made within my first two months of production.

So I'll assume someone who dares mix genres and tries to be different sounds like a train wreck? Because if that's the case, you're being pretty disrespectful to the people who you know have tried.

FatKid gave his reviews, he pointed out the good and bad, but there's seriously no need for you to be an absolute prig.


AMDG ✝

NGADM Round 2 Entry: A Night in the Attic

BBS Signature
Troisnyx
Troisnyx
  • Member since: Jun. 26, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Musician
Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! Nov. 13th, 2011 @ 07:05 PM Reply

At 11/13/11 06:09 PM, Rahmemhotep wrote: Also, there's no way I'm letting a, "professional," mix experimental music. I'd be on his back with a scythe the entire time he'd be doing it.

Spot-on. Case in point for people who do experimental. Anything that sounds like a train wreck would 1) be plain discord, 2) have enough static to make it sound like an earthquake, 3) disregard every single musical technicality. Metal may not be my cup of tea (and TBH, it is not), but it has musical technicality.

So with all due respect, anyone who wants to speak out against these people who know their genre, know the (somewhat limited) hardware they use and have still tried should try do so with someone their size.


AMDG ✝

NGADM Round 2 Entry: A Night in the Attic

BBS Signature
FatKidWitAJetPak
FatKidWitAJetPak
  • Member since: Jul. 28, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 29
Musician
Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! Nov. 13th, 2011 @ 07:22 PM Reply

I completley agree with you Rahmen. You pretty much covered what I was trying to say in a more detailed manner. Also, no disrespect was intended. I don't know if you know how to master a track or not. I only assumed based on the equalization of the track. And by "professional" I simply mean anyone who is a pro at mastering and equalizing. I suck at mastering, so I run it by a few of my favorite audio friends here on the forums as they give me great tips on how to fix my sounds. Most of the literal professionals master based on mainstream ideals, which usually means making it sound flat as fuck, so all the great experimental bits are practically ruined. Believe me... i am the king of experimental music lol. I make freakin progressive ambient tracks that describe the mind deteriorating into insanity hahaha. I still think there was clipping on those high hats, but it may be because the MP3 ruined some of your frequencies. Thanks for your reply.

FatKidWitAJetPak
FatKidWitAJetPak
  • Member since: Jul. 28, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 29
Musician
Kirbyfemur
Kirbyfemur
  • Member since: Dec. 18, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 13
Audiophile
Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! Nov. 13th, 2011 @ 09:50 PM Reply

At 11/13/11 07:22 PM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: Believe me... i am the king of experimental music lol.

Trololo and let the flame wars commence!!!!!

JK

I do a lot of experimental musics, most all of it never will see the light of online day. But if they don't want you to have the mix/master messed with, at least let the people try to make it more clear, and if it isn't to the original persons liking, i guess leave it like that?

SineRider
SineRider
  • Member since: Apr. 21, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 18
Musician
Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! Nov. 13th, 2011 @ 09:58 PM Reply

I have a question for fatkid, I assume we are going to send in WAVs to you at some point right? Also, what is the plan for mastering these albums, or is it in the air at the moment. I'd like to do a final mix down of my track one last time seeing as you said you had some clipping issues with my track. Another look over wouldn't hurt.

also thanks for ignoring my t-shirt design :c
jpbear
jpbear
  • Member since: Apr. 24, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! Nov. 13th, 2011 @ 10:55 PM Reply

At 11/13/11 07:01 PM, TroisNyxEtienne wrote:
So I'll assume someone who dares mix genres and tries to be different sounds like a train wreck? Because if that's the case, you're being pretty disrespectful to the people who you know have tried.

FatKid gave his reviews, he pointed out the good and bad, but there's seriously no need for you to be an absolute prig.

Lol i said his song was unattractive and amateur, nothing else. And it was, as evident by the musically intelligent judge's decisions.

Way to start insulting. Really hurt my feelings bro.

FatKidWitAJetPak
FatKidWitAJetPak
  • Member since: Jul. 28, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 29
Musician
Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! Nov. 14th, 2011 @ 12:42 AM Reply

At 11/13/11 09:58 PM, SineRider wrote: I have a question for fatkid, I assume we are going to send in WAVs to you at some point right? Also, what is the plan for mastering these albums, or is it in the air at the moment. I'd like to do a final mix down of my track one last time seeing as you said you had some clipping issues with my track. Another look over wouldn't hurt.

also thanks for ignoring my t-shirt design :c

I will send a message out to all winners here pretty soon. I've been busy working at Apple so I haven't been able to do all that much towards the project these paste couple of days. Basically, you will all have about a week to send me a WAV of your track. I think that we can all do our own mastering here, but if there are issues I am sure we can have MrMilkCarton, an expert at these sorts of things, help with mastering certain tracks that need it. Right now the best of the best don't really need all that much mastering, if any! So we shouldn't have to worry TO MUCH about that sort of thing.

Just to clarify...

Im working on seeing if I can get shirts out for free.

I am working with the art portal to see who wants to do album art for the 3 albums we are releasing *we combined the heartwarming and chill album due to the lack of entries for both categories*

We should decide a charity

I'll put together a demo track of each album once I have the track list down *and by all means offer suggestions*

Im trying to get in contact with Tom to decide when this will hit the store.

XsakuX
XsakuX
  • Member since: Nov. 27, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Musician
Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! Nov. 14th, 2011 @ 01:59 AM Reply

Woah dude all three of my songs made it AND got 10/10!?

Thank you so much Fatkid; it's a serious honor to be a part of this CD :D

Atlas
Atlas
  • Member since: Nov. 14, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Musician
Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! Nov. 14th, 2011 @ 02:04 AM Reply

At 11/14/11 01:59 AM, XsakuX wrote: Woah dude all three of my songs made it AND got 10/10!?

Thank you so much Fatkid; it's a serious honor to be a part of this CD :D

Didn't read any reviews myself but three songs got in and they all got 10/10. That's pretty awesome.


Steam | Letterboxd | AllPoetry | Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature
XsakuX
XsakuX
  • Member since: Nov. 27, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Musician
Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! Nov. 14th, 2011 @ 02:19 AM Reply

At 11/14/11 02:04 AM, J-Rex wrote:
At 11/14/11 01:59 AM, XsakuX wrote: Woah dude all three of my songs made it AND got 10/10!?

Thank you so much Fatkid; it's a serious honor to be a part of this CD :D
Didn't read any reviews myself but three songs got in and they all got 10/10. That's pretty awesome.

Right? super stoked :]

Hey Fatkidwitajetpack, I took my third submission "Dawn V.2" off of the audio portal ( sorry about that dude, definitely not trying to get myself disqualified ><;; )

Troisnyx
Troisnyx
  • Member since: Jun. 26, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Musician
Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! Nov. 14th, 2011 @ 07:00 AM Reply

At 11/13/11 10:55 PM, jpbear wrote:
At 11/13/11 07:01 PM, TroisNyxEtienne wrote:
So I'll assume someone who dares mix genres and tries to be different sounds like a train wreck? Because if that's the case, you're being pretty disrespectful to the people who you know have tried.

FatKid gave his reviews, he pointed out the good and bad, but there's seriously no need for you to be an absolute prig.
Lol i said his song was unattractive and amateur, nothing else. And it was, as evident by the musically intelligent judge's decisions.

Way to start insulting. Really hurt my feelings bro.

Now you are feeling exactly what is felt by those who have tried, failed, and you outright claim that they sound like train wrecks. I suggest you don't do that ever again, and we'll end this petty discussion here.


AMDG ✝

NGADM Round 2 Entry: A Night in the Attic

BBS Signature
DJDela
DJDela
  • Member since: Jan. 22, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Musician
Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! Nov. 14th, 2011 @ 07:27 AM Reply

At 11/14/11 01:59 AM, XsakuX wrote: Woah dude all three of my songs made it AND got 10/10!?

Thank you so much Fatkid; it's a serious honor to be a part of this CD :D

Wait, wasn't it said that only one song per artist is allowed?

Also, FKWAJP why did you delete some of the wip's and some not?

KKSlider60
KKSlider60
  • Member since: Dec. 7, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Musician
Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! Nov. 14th, 2011 @ 08:33 AM Reply

At 11/13/11 10:55 PM, jpbear wrote:
At 11/13/11 07:01 PM, TroisNyxEtienne wrote:
So I'll assume someone who dares mix genres and tries to be different sounds like a train wreck? Because if that's the case, you're being pretty disrespectful to the people who you know have tried.

FatKid gave his reviews, he pointed out the good and bad, but there's seriously no need for you to be an absolute prig.
Lol i said his song was unattractive and amateur, nothing else. And it was, as evident by the musically intelligent judge's decisions.

Way to start insulting. Really hurt my feelings bro.

This is starting to amuse me, in a wicked way.
There's no "amateur", and there's no "professional". It's just sound waves mixed together, no matter how they're mixed. I think scores just make people confuse even more, since any given value cannot mean the same thing when applied to another context. Back to our topic though, you could have at least tried to be more diplomatic, while giving some tips on how to improve a specific part of a track and being a little more helpful. That's your opinion, sure, but think about the consequences of your actions next time, instead of stomping people's efforts like you did for no reason.

The End.

At 11/14/11 01:59 AM, XsakuX wrote: Woah dude all three of my songs made it AND got 10/10!?

Three songs? What's happening here? o.o

Rivergrey
Rivergrey
  • Member since: Sep. 1, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! Nov. 14th, 2011 @ 08:55 AM Reply

Poopr1221 8/10

Everything is better with chaotic glitch. :3

I'm a huge fan of this guy's most recent Audio portal submission and can't wait to hear the song he made specifically for this contest. Underrated as hell, and I feel the difficulty of following the mad break manipulations and expert knob-twiddling in his tracks just adds to it all.

Prose and gone...


furry
filler

BBS Signature
FatKidWitAJetPak
FatKidWitAJetPak
  • Member since: Jul. 28, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 29
Musician
Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! Nov. 14th, 2011 @ 09:15 AM Reply

At 11/14/11 07:27 AM, adsubzero wrote:
At 11/14/11 01:59 AM, XsakuX wrote: Woah dude all three of my songs made it AND got 10/10!?

Thank you so much Fatkid; it's a serious honor to be a part of this CD :D
Wait, wasn't it said that only one song per artist is allowed?

Also, FKWAJP why did you delete some of the wip's and some not?

We mentioned somewhere in the thread that we'd take more than one track. If someone has the ability to produce more than one track, then there is no reason we should stop them. This guy pretty much blew us all away and we agreed the cd certainly could use his tracks. If you notice, we have "34" winner instead of "30". no winners were taken away. Next year, however, we will only allow one per user.

And i just didnt delete all WIPs cause I missed a few and was to lazy to delete them lol.

KKSlider60
KKSlider60
  • Member since: Dec. 7, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Musician
Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! Nov. 14th, 2011 @ 09:42 AM Reply

At 11/14/11 09:15 AM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: We mentioned somewhere in the thread that we'd take more than one track. If someone has the ability to produce more than one track, then there is no reason we should stop them. This guy pretty much blew us all away and we agreed the cd certainly could use his tracks. If you notice, we have "34" winner instead of "30". no winners were taken away. Next year, however, we will only allow one per user.

And i just didnt delete all WIPs cause I missed a few and was to lazy to delete them lol.

Hmmm... Well, good for him. XD
And by "next year" I assume you're going to repeat this contest, or organize something else?

DJDela
DJDela
  • Member since: Jan. 22, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Musician
Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! Nov. 14th, 2011 @ 09:44 AM Reply

At 11/14/11 09:15 AM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: something

Hmm, okay, seems that I missed that part.

Btw, of course you could use my song in a mix.
I am really glad you felt that way when listening to it.
Thanks

FatKidWitAJetPak
FatKidWitAJetPak
  • Member since: Jul. 28, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 29
Musician
Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! Nov. 14th, 2011 @ 09:53 AM Reply

Oh sweet thanks man. Im djing up at Missouri for a show and would love to mix in a few of these awesome NG tracks in there. There is a lot of amazing talent here.

Troisnyx
Troisnyx
  • Member since: Jun. 26, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Musician
Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! Nov. 14th, 2011 @ 02:09 PM Reply

At 11/14/11 08:33 AM, KKSlider60 wrote:
At 11/13/11 10:55 PM, jpbear wrote:
At 11/13/11 07:01 PM, TroisNyxEtienne wrote: Stuff.
More stuff.
This is starting to amuse me, in a wicked way.
There's no "amateur", and there's no "professional". It's just sound waves mixed together, no matter how they're mixed. I think scores just make people confuse even more, since any given value cannot mean the same thing when applied to another context. Back to our topic though, you could have at least tried to be more diplomatic, while giving some tips on how to improve a specific part of a track and being a little more helpful. That's your opinion, sure, but think about the consequences of your actions next time, instead of stomping people's efforts like you did for no reason.

THANK YOU, KKSLIDER. T_T Really, thank you so much. That comment was very timely, and I'd like to add on to what you've said, just to finish everything:

(prepare for wall of text)

Every participant there has had songs which have scores between a low 4 and a high 4. It doesn't matter what kind of experience each one has. It doesn't matter if they've had anything below that, because ultimately, it only goes to show that they have the potential for great things, if people have liked their work. So they go and take part in the CD project. Granted, some people will win, huzzah! They are good, and they deserve their kudos. ^_^ All their experience and their knowledge have paid off. But there are some people who will lose out, for one reason or another. That does not warrant a stock comment that they do not deserve any taste of victory.

The very fact that they took part suggests that they have a position of strength. We have to bear in mind that this CD project is a community project. BECAUSE this is a community project, we're all in this together. FatKid was kind to give us constructive criticism, no matter how nice or scathing it was, and he was right to do so. Because people need to know their position of strength to improve and build up on their skills.

Therefore, not only is claiming a song to be an outright 'train wreck' disrespectful, rude and ABSOLUTELY PRIGGISH, it also takes away from the spirit of the community project. Such behaviour shall not be dealt with. I tend to be careful with my criticism, but I will NOT, and I WILL ABSOLUTELY NOT, mince my words as far as behaviour is concerned. I have called you a prig, rightly because you behaved like a prig. And I will not recant those words until we see some better conduct on your part. I must love each user on Newgrounds, but in doing so, I must do the right thing, and that also includes 1) not being a doormat when one person insults everyone else, 2) admonishing someone who misbehaves.

There are winners and losers, but we are a team. We are Newgrounds. I'm sure FatKid and KKSlider, at the very least, will agree with me over the fact that support is needed from users, if they want to grow. We could disregard your pitiful comments if we needed to, but especially not for the Newgrounds CD, and especially not after the results have been released.

And if you think your feelings are hurt, bruv, you struck a really low blow calling people's works train wrecks. You're not the only one who has a sensitivity. Everyone else does. And that you have hurt mine only makes it an even lower blow. I'm not a bro, I'm a sis, thank you very much.

I rest my case.

On that note, thank you, FatKid, for making known this project to all of us. I enjoyed it very much. <3


AMDG ✝

NGADM Round 2 Entry: A Night in the Attic

BBS Signature
FatKidWitAJetPak
FatKidWitAJetPak
  • Member since: Jul. 28, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 29
Musician
Response to Ng Cd 2011 Project Results! Nov. 14th, 2011 @ 02:19 PM Reply

I agree with everything you just said. I really wish more people would understand the meaning behind these contests. Everyone here worked really hard at putting it together, and it personally makes me feel attacked when certain users complain over the results of the contest, but that's something that is rarely avoided in these sorts of things because there are usually people that get saddened a bit if they don't win.

Anyway, him calling his work a "train wreck" was pretty much a troll post. If you notice the user who submitted it didn't even reply, because he probably doesn't give a fuck and/or hasn't checked back to the thread, lol. There are trolls on this site. I have seen people come into the voice acting competition and claim it is completely pointless and shitty, and then when the results come out they continue to do so, and it actually is pretty entertaining, unless of course you take their words to heart.

I am personally very happy with the results to this contest. Hopefully the CD will be just as successful! Even if it, for some reason, isn't successful, this community project was VERY fun and everyone here got a bit of experience to boot!