00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

DecoQliao just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

2011 Stanley Cup Playoffs

49,895 Views | 980 Replies

Response to 2011 Stanley Cup Playoffs 2011-06-02 20:43:31

At 6/2/11 08:21 PM, Canas wrote: I'd cheer for the Canucks if they didn't bitch and complain after every single game

"Tim Thomas skates outside his crease wahhhh Bobby is ALWAYS in the blue paint ALWAYS, he's a cheater wahhh!"

"He totally bit a guys hand that was shoved in his face, waaahhhhh, suspend him! SUSPEND HIIIIIM!"

Seriously, everyone will complain.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to 2011 Stanley Cup Playoffs 2011-06-02 20:58:37

At 6/2/11 08:13 PM, Pixonimateo wrote: bruins have a way of throwing the first game anyway. they win on saturday, go back to boston, claim two there, go back to vancouver up 3-2.

Haha, you wish, there, bro.
Mark my words, it's gonna be Canucks, Canucks, Boston, Canucks, Boston, Canucks.
The Stanley Cup's coming home this year, boys.

fuck yuo idiote

BBS Signature

Response to 2011 Stanley Cup Playoffs 2011-06-02 22:25:39

so whatshisface didn't get suspended for biting that one dude liek what's up with that

Dancing Psyduck Dauntly Reaching ||||| Astolfo explores my colon with his Monster can. ||||| Praise be unto Satsuki-sama's ass. ||||| Anime tiddies

BBS Signature

Response to 2011 Stanley Cup Playoffs 2011-06-02 23:03:35

At 6/2/11 10:25 PM, Onepiece285 wrote: so whatshisface didn't get suspended for biting that one dude liek what's up with that

The guy was wearing a glove and he also put his hands all over that guys mouth so its not shocking he was bit. Don't put your fingers in someones mouth, and they won't bite.

Jesus Christ the one True God of Love and Peace.

Response to 2011 Stanley Cup Playoffs 2011-06-02 23:04:54

At 6/2/11 10:25 PM, Onepiece285 wrote: so whatshisface didn't get suspended for biting that one dude liek what's up with that

Apprently, they're not going to suspend his ass because it's in the middle of the Stanley Cup. And I would half expect Boston to do something like this in the next game. {not nessacarily biting, but probably a head shot for revenge purposes.}

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to 2011 Stanley Cup Playoffs 2011-06-02 23:20:01

At 6/2/11 11:04 PM, orangebomb wrote:
Apprently, they're not going to suspend his ass because it's in the middle of the Stanley Cup. And I would half expect Boston to do something like this in the next game. {not nessacarily biting, but probably a head shot for revenge purposes.}

I understand the game was apparently riddled with penalties and all, but I really don't like the whole "we're gonna let them play" mentality the NHL takes in the Finals. Chrissy Pronger took advantage of that so much in last year's finals to the point where every Blackhawk fan wanted his head on a pike. If that happened during the regular season, that'd be at least a 1 game suspension, if not more. But no, they're gonna overlook it because they're the last 2 teams left. I just don't get it.

and hey, if they suspend the guy maybe someone else'll come in and actually score.

Dancing Psyduck Dauntly Reaching ||||| Astolfo explores my colon with his Monster can. ||||| Praise be unto Satsuki-sama's ass. ||||| Anime tiddies

BBS Signature

Response to 2011 Stanley Cup Playoffs 2011-06-02 23:53:25

I don't get it; does a small bite on the glove hurt more than a punch to the face or something?

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to 2011 Stanley Cup Playoffs 2011-06-02 23:54:55

At 6/2/11 11:53 PM, Makeshift wrote: I don't get it; does a small bite on the glove hurt more than a punch to the face or something?

It does because Patrice Bergeron is a vagina. He doesn't have a girly name for nothing.

Response to 2011 Stanley Cup Playoffs 2011-06-02 23:58:19

At 6/2/11 11:54 PM, TheKlown wrote:
At 6/2/11 11:53 PM, Makeshift wrote: I don't get it; does a small bite on the glove hurt more than a punch to the face or something?
It does because Patrice Bergeron is a vagina. He doesn't have a girly name for nothing.

His last name kind of contradicts his first name because it reminds me of burgers.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to 2011 Stanley Cup Playoffs 2011-06-02 23:59:15

At 6/2/11 11:58 PM, Makeshift wrote:
At 6/2/11 11:54 PM, TheKlown wrote: It does because Patrice Bergeron is a vagina. He doesn't have a girly name for nothing.
His last name kind of contradicts his first name because it reminds me of burgers.

And burgers are manly.

I correct Makeshift's posts

Response to 2011 Stanley Cup Playoffs 2011-06-03 09:04:55

So, I've read through the entire thread and seeing the comments about how people were completely shitting on the Canucks... How they were going to choke, how they aren't the team they have been the entire season. Seeing Chicago fans call them out is fine because hey it's Chicago. A team I respect yet hated for what happened the last two times... those feelings of hate ended with Burrows' game winner and I applaud the Hawks for making that series interesting. I mean, the Hawks have been the Nuck arch-rivals since 1982 and was reignited in the last few years. When the Canucks weren't so hot that void was filled by the Calgary Flames who the Nucks have an intense rivalry against and Canas said it- though I call bullshit on the attitude of the players- He's a Falmes fan he can't respect the Nucks and as a Canucks fan I can't respect the Flames but those Flames-Nucks games are ALWAYS great. That's the best thing about that. But seeing people from my city, say that my team was going to choke... Seriously, fuck right off. Jade, just because you're having sex with a guy from Colorado doesn't mean you have to cheer for that team.. that's the only reason your cheering for the Avs and against the Nucks. And I apologize to the Avs fans in advance, especially if you are from Colorado, but, your team hasn't been serious Stanley cup contender since the early 00's. I don't hate the Avs, and I praise Joe Sakic because he's the man but that's just my opinion. Jade, I like ya girl, but really "playing devil's advocate" and "My family won't shut up" is classless bullshit. I'm perfectly fine with hockey fans and fans outside of Vancouver cheering against my team, and insulting them that's fine as long as credit is giving to the team and or individual members of the team... But calling yourself a hockey fan, when you're not cheering against the team and the city you were raised in is the type of horseshit I can not stand.

Be happy your home team is in the finals.

Response to 2011 Stanley Cup Playoffs 2011-06-03 10:39:13

At 6/2/11 06:18 PM, Sevkat wrote:
At 6/2/11 01:00 PM, Coop wrote:
At 6/2/11 04:31 AM, Sevkat wrote: Oh! What year did the Devils win again? That was the year I lost hope in the Canucks for what I thought would be forever.
1995 and 2000 - just before the Avs won their pair of cups in 1996 and 2001, ironically.
Thanks, Coop.

No probs.

So, I was told that Vancouver won by fluke last night, for the pure reason that we scored with 18 seconds left. Is it just me, or does that have fuck-all to do with fuck-all?

I think that Vancouver won, because they scored a goal and Boston didn't. Sure, ther emight have been some questionable play and biting (seriously?), but we're shaping up for a good game on Saturday.

At 6/2/11 08:12 PM, Canas wrote:
At 6/2/11 06:40 PM, Zerok wrote: If fluke means: a great play, especially with Jannik Hansen skillfully staying onside by millimetres to keep it alive, then sure.
I believe that was Kesler

Now that's a decent snapshot of the first game. That was the difference between a win and overtime.

At 6/2/11 10:52 PM, FBIpolux wrote:
At 6/2/11 08:21 PM, Canas wrote: I'd cheer for the Canucks if they didn't bitch and complain after every single game
Are you kidding? I've never seen as much bitching and crying in a newspaper before I read some of the Boston journalists' garbage.

2009, when the Red Sox were like 20 games up on the Yanks and that was reversed on the way to title number 27. Red Sox nation was just full of venom.

At 6/3/11 09:04 AM, MattTheParanoidKat wrote: And I apologize to the Avs fans in advance, especially if you are from Colorado, but, your team hasn't been serious Stanley cup contender since the early 00's. I don't hate the Avs, and I praise Joe Sakic because he's the man but that's just my opinion.

So I read all of this and I saw the irony - I've been to Vancouver before and Edmonton, yet the team I chose to support when I got into the NHL, back in '99 was the Avs, despite never having set foot on American soil.

Why, you ask? Joe Sakic.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to 2011 Stanley Cup Playoffs 2011-06-03 14:38:16

Boston Bruins fans just want you to punch them in the face for being so obnoxious.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pxu2 -Ts4AWM&feature=topvideos_sports[/url]

Response to 2011 Stanley Cup Playoffs 2011-06-03 15:06:27

EA already predicted that Vancouver would win.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to 2011 Stanley Cup Playoffs 2011-06-03 15:19:19

fuck vancouver

Response to 2011 Stanley Cup Playoffs 2011-06-03 20:58:37

Man...
I was at work today, and I can't fucking believe it.
So, I work for this REALLY rich prick, I mean this guy's got millions and millions.
So anyway, he's tellin' me that he's at the bar last night with his son, they're drinkin' some beer, doin' fuck all, chillin'. And then they have a draw, and this guy wins tickets to tomorrow's game. BEHIND THE FUCKING CANUCKS BOX! WHAT THE FUCK?
Like, seriously. Good things only happen to people who don't deserve it...

fuck yuo idiote

BBS Signature

Response to 2011 Stanley Cup Playoffs 2011-06-03 21:53:50

At 6/3/11 08:58 PM, Sevkat wrote: So anyway, he's tellin' me that he's at the bar last night with his son, they're drinkin' some beer, doin' fuck all, chillin'. And then they have a draw, and this guy wins tickets to tomorrow's game. BEHIND THE FUCKING CANUCKS BOX! WHAT THE FUCK?
Like, seriously. Good things only happen to people who don't deserve it...

If the Bruins win game 2, go to work wearing some Boston Bruins apparel.

BBS Signature

Response to 2011 Stanley Cup Playoffs 2011-06-04 00:11:23

At 6/3/11 03:38 PM, Canas wrote: People get face washed every single game, that's part of hockey. Stomping and hair pulling and biting are usually reserved for girl fights, and it should have been a suspension. It's extremely frowned upon. Don't you find it coincidental that Colin Campbell stepped down right on time for this incident? Can you imagine the outrage of Vancouver fans everywhere if the FATHER of a Bruins player actually had to suspend a Canuck for breaking a very obvious rule? Burrows is a habitual dirty player with a big mouth, and it's no surprise to me that his big mouth is also full of big sharp teeth. I hate both Vancouver and Boston, I really hope by game seven they just present the cup to Datsyuk instead and we all go home.

In a way you're correct, Burrows is known around the league as being a player that pisses people off. And does get into grade school type stuff... however, there where many antics like this throughout the playoffs of players doing really stupid shit. Nathan Horton spraying water at the fan he didn't get a suspension, a fine because of what he did and who he did it to (a fan and not a player). People talked about Ben Eager's massive stupidity during game two and how he is a repeat offender and should be suspended. Torres fell under this but his temperament was in the Chicago series and Seabrook was cleared to play though most people said it wasn't a dirty hit.. just a really hard hit. As for Burrows' bite... I saw it... but it didn't look like much of a bite they facewashed each other and Bergeron's hand ended up in Burrows' mouth. Garry Valk on Sportsnet sad and actually justified it by saying that he has been on the receiving end of those types of scrums and knows that those gloves are NASTY and he would probably do what Burrows' did. But that's his view and I look at it like this, it's the Stanley Cup Finals Burrows is one of Vancouver's top guys and Horton is one of the Bruins' top guys. You shouldn't suspend either because you WANT the best match up possible and if you want to discipline the players do it after the series is over. But, that's just me talking.

And I never thought i'd have to say this, but I agree with everything Matt said.

Heh, thanks. I do appreciate it.

On the topic of being a Flames fan, the difference is that when we went to the '04 final nobody wanted us to win. Not other Canadians, not other teams, and most importantly NOT the NHL. This year, it seemed planned from game one that everyone was on the Nucks side, and the whining and crying and sense of self-entitlement will pay off after 40 years of failure once they finally win the cup in a week.

Ahh yes, the 04 run. Look, like you I was in the same boat, out of pure spite I would not have liked to see the Flames win a cup but at the same time if they did win I think it would be a good thing... Sadly they lost to the Lightning and the rest is history. But hey, as much as I do not like the Flames and especially the Sutter family.... Iginla is one of the finest and classiest players on the ice and is clearly a franchise player... He's like your Linden and when he retires waive it it to the rafters because he deserves it. and you guys got a good guy from the West Coat Express years in Morrison who was really good for you.... but there were problems with the management and it goes back to the Sutters being inept.

As for the '04 run of the Flames and the '11 of the Nucks.... I hink it comes down to the difference in statistics. Danny has the Art Ross, is nominated for the Hart just like his brother, Kesler has his highest output of all time asnd has pretty much been a one-man army and if there's one guy who can out do Datsyuk (my favorite Detroit player) it's Kesler. Bieska does his shots and Luongo has never looked better. Burrows, say what you want he has a lot of heart for the game and the dude got us past Chicago. Malholtra I really want back because he's been a badass in the regular season. And we have been the best team in the league without going the way of Washington last year.

I do not know what will happen but I want my team to do their best. We want the cup. Nothing else.

Response to 2011 Stanley Cup Playoffs 2011-06-04 01:50:30

At 6/4/11 12:11 AM, MattTheParanoidKat wrote: especially the Sutter family....

I take it you've never spent any time with one of them in person then. They're great people if not a bit old fashioned.

Response to 2011 Stanley Cup Playoffs 2011-06-04 18:08:15

So game 2 is in just a few hours. Hopefully this one isn't as devoid of goals as game 1.

game 1 sucked, deal with it.

BBS Signature

Response to 2011 Stanley Cup Playoffs 2011-06-04 18:47:14

At 6/4/11 06:08 PM, Onepiece285 wrote: So game 2 is in just a few hours. Hopefully this one isn't as devoid of goals as game 1.

True fan of the sport right here. Why don't you just go watch some highlight reels?

ooooh, burrrrrn.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to 2011 Stanley Cup Playoffs 2011-06-04 19:16:02

At 6/3/11 09:53 PM, Onepiece285 wrote: If the Bruins win game 2, go to work wearing some Boston Bruins apparel.

I'd get fired, hear an earful from the bitch-of-a-secretary, and probably get stuff thrown at me. I'd rather sit a drink beer and watch the game tonight and skip work if we lose.

fuck yuo idiote

BBS Signature

Response to 2011 Stanley Cup Playoffs 2011-06-04 19:29:21

At 6/4/11 06:47 PM, Makeshift wrote:
At 6/4/11 06:08 PM, Onepiece285 wrote: So game 2 is in just a few hours. Hopefully this one isn't as devoid of goals as game 1.

True fan of the sport right here. Why don't you just go watch some highlight reels?

ooooh, burrrrrn.

That would be why I didn't watch the game, I like neither team and game 1 turned out like I expected: devoid of goals, riddled with penalties and general tomfoolery (biting, really?), and the two hardest hitting teams going for just that, hits, instead of goals (that one dude hurt himself on his OWN hit and is out for game 2, need I say more).

BBS Signature

Response to 2011 Stanley Cup Playoffs 2011-06-04 20:45:18

At 6/4/11 07:29 PM, Onepiece285 wrote: going for just that, hits, instead of goals

You didn't watch it though. How can you say they weren't going for goals? I mean... that game was awesome to watch.

Canucks get the first goal of the game a little more than half way through the first period.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to 2011 Stanley Cup Playoffs 2011-06-04 20:49:25

Oh look, the Canucks scored. 1-0 Vancouver with like ~5 minutes left in the first.

BBS Signature

Response to 2011 Stanley Cup Playoffs 2011-06-04 21:35:09

And Boston take the lead, 2-1.

Oh dear...

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to 2011 Stanley Cup Playoffs 2011-06-04 21:55:34

I don't check my phone for 10 minutes and suddenly, Boston's scoring a bunch of goals. Maybe I shouldn't check this thing more often.

BBS Signature

Response to 2011 Stanley Cup Playoffs 2011-06-04 22:27:06

And Vancouver ties it, 2-2 with ~8 minutes to go.

BBS Signature

Response to 2011 Stanley Cup Playoffs 2011-06-04 22:57:28

Vancouver wins again! 2 - 0 in the series!

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to 2011 Stanley Cup Playoffs 2011-06-04 23:05:51

Now that was the kinda game I was expecting out of these two teams. Vancouver wins 3-2 in overtime to take a 2-0 series lead. We now shift to Boston for 2 games, and needless to say game 3 is a must for the Bruins.

BBS Signature