00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

DecoQliao just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

2011 Stanley Cup Playoffs

49,893 Views | 980 Replies

Response to 2011 Stanley Cup Playoffs 2011-06-06 22:23:56

At 6/6/11 09:46 PM, Statwhore wrote: Games 3, 4 and 5 are played in 5. Shows how much Canucks fans actually know. 2-3-2.

nope

BBS Signature

Response to 2011 Stanley Cup Playoffs 2011-06-06 22:31:40

At 6/6/11 10:25 PM, Canas wrote: Hahahahah oh man Thomas fucking ran over Hank, those twins are a couple of pussies

Those pussies will most likely have the last laugh when you Bruins are crying like babies after you lose this series to The Canucks.

Jesus Christ the one True God of Love and Peace.

Response to 2011 Stanley Cup Playoffs 2011-06-06 22:33:55

At 6/6/11 10:32 PM, Canas wrote: i'm a Flames fan I hate everyone

I'm a Flyers fan and I don't have any problems with The Flames, but than again I never really knew anything about your team no offense... I'm not the biggest hockey fan and I don't know all the teams. Atleast I don't hate your team...

Response to 2011 Stanley Cup Playoffs 2011-06-06 22:34:35

The only thing that makes this Sabres-less series worthwhile is the hope that I will get to watch a downcast and utterly defeated Boston team slump away as the confetti falls on Vancouver and the Bruins are forced to relish their absolute failure.

Response to 2011 Stanley Cup Playoffs 2011-06-06 22:37:21

Response to 2011 Stanley Cup Playoffs 2011-06-06 22:38:55

At 6/6/11 10:36 PM, Canas wrote: Is there anyone cheering for a team NOT out of spite for the other team?

Vancouver is my favourite team, what up

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to 2011 Stanley Cup Playoffs 2011-06-06 22:39:23

At 6/6/11 10:36 PM, Canas wrote: Is there anyone cheering for a team NOT out of spite for the other team?

ahahaha :P

I really don't like Boston in any sport but thats why I rooted for The Greenbay Packers after they beat my Eagles. I felt like they were gonna beat my Eagles but that was still a winnable game for Eagles but hell The Packers proved themselves last yr.

Response to 2011 Stanley Cup Playoffs 2011-06-06 22:45:20

OH WOW another shorthanded goal.

Response to 2011 Stanley Cup Playoffs 2011-06-06 22:48:25

Vancouver scores! They're totally gonna take this one.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to 2011 Stanley Cup Playoffs 2011-06-06 22:55:34

wow 6-1 in a finals game. luongo is awfulll

BBS Signature

Response to 2011 Stanley Cup Playoffs 2011-06-06 22:56:21

ahahaha :P

Hi I am a Boston fan.

and now you all hate me.

Add me on Last.fm | Add me on Steam | If you took something I've said seriously, I apologize.

BBS Signature

Response to 2011 Stanley Cup Playoffs 2011-06-06 22:57:32

7UONGO

Response to 2011 Stanley Cup Playoffs 2011-06-06 22:58:04

This game is what I feared, more or less. Vancouver not getting any goals from the power play, and then stooping to Boston's level by blasting Horton like this was the WWE now. To be fair though, I would expect Boston to show up for at least 1 game this series, and actually scored a power play goal no less, although it wasn't from the 5 minute penalty.

Vancouver did not show up to play tonight that's for sure, and I don't expect to see that type of performance in Game 4, they're head and shoulders above Boston in talent, defense and offense, but like the Miami Heat, they have a habit of taking a game or 2 off for whatever reason. I'll still put stock in Luongo as a good playoff goalie, considering how much pressure he had throughout the playoffs to succeed, and I highly doubt he'll fall apart in the next couple of games, considering how close they are.

Is it me, or has this Stanley Cup been rather chippy in terms of physicalness and overall cheap shots that seem to be everywhere? Just wondering.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to 2011 Stanley Cup Playoffs 2011-06-06 23:00:01

Does Vancouver just fucking give up? 8 - 1.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to 2011 Stanley Cup Playoffs 2011-06-06 23:00:39

8-1 BABY THAT'S MOMENTUM

Response to 2011 Stanley Cup Playoffs 2011-06-06 23:01:54

At 6/6/11 11:00 PM, Makeshift wrote: Does Vancouver just fucking give up? 8 - 1.

I think they gave up after Boston scored 4 goals in the 2nd period alone.

Add me on Last.fm | Add me on Steam | If you took something I've said seriously, I apologize.

BBS Signature

Response to 2011 Stanley Cup Playoffs 2011-06-06 23:10:02

Same old Canucks team I've grown to know and love to hate. Dear lord Vancouver, you are just total shit.

Dancing Psyduck Dauntly Reaching ||||| Astolfo explores my colon with his Monster can. ||||| Praise be unto Satsuki-sama's ass. ||||| Anime tiddies

BBS Signature

Response to 2011 Stanley Cup Playoffs 2011-06-06 23:20:22

If Canucks don't win game 4, I think they lose this series. If they win game 4 I think they're gonna win most likely. Game 4 is really really important for both teams.

Response to 2011 Stanley Cup Playoffs 2011-06-07 04:06:53

At 6/6/11 11:03 PM, Canas wrote: For all you sour Vancouver fans don't get to down on the result. The bigger the blowout the bigger the blow-up by the coaching staff. The team will get reeeeemed the fuck out between now and Wednesday and be back in top shape by Game 4. It's almost better you got shafted so badly

I agree - it's going to be a tough one to swallow for the team, but they can take positives out of the game. For instance, being blow out 8-1 is much better than being shut out 2-0. You know that Tim Thomas can be beaten and at the first faceoff on Wednesday, you're going in at 0-0

Sure, game 4 will be a big test of character for Luongo, but it will also be a test for the offensive capability of Vancouver. Put some goals up there and give Roberto a lead to defend.

Thomas hasn't suffered a blowout loss this series yet. Maybe they are saving that for game 4 or 5?

And why is everyone leaping up and down saying that Vancouver has lost the cup? They're still winning the series and nobody's perfect. The more hockey we get to see, the more we win as neutral fans.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to 2011 Stanley Cup Playoffs 2011-06-07 04:16:29

At 6/6/11 11:00 PM, Makeshift wrote: Does Vancouver just fucking give up? 8 - 1.

Nah, they're just doing the whole Art of War thing.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to 2011 Stanley Cup Playoffs 2011-06-07 05:42:44

take game 3 off, win games 4 and 5

i see no problems here :P Comeon nucks!

Response to 2011 Stanley Cup Playoffs 2011-06-07 21:10:15

JETS JETS JETS

To moist to burn

Response to 2011 Stanley Cup Playoffs 2011-06-07 21:10:59

*ahem*
Fuck Luongo!
They should've put Schneider in.

fuck yuo idiote

BBS Signature

Response to 2011 Stanley Cup Playoffs 2011-06-07 21:26:16

At 6/7/11 09:10 PM, Sevkat wrote: *ahem*
Fuck Luongo!

Yeah, seriously. After Luongo took 4 straight goals in the second period, that decision seemed pretty obvious.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to 2011 Stanley Cup Playoffs 2011-06-07 21:27:25

At 6/7/11 09:26 PM, Makeshift wrote:
At 6/7/11 09:10 PM, Sevkat wrote: *ahem*
Fuck Luongo!
Yeah, seriously. After Luongo took 4 straight goals in the second period, that decision seemed pretty obvious.

I've seen it happen too many times before, once Lu gets one or two shitty shots past him, he totally loses all self-confidence, I mean, it was 95% his fault that we got raped so hard yesterday. Schneider's a good fucking goalie.

fuck yuo idiote

BBS Signature

Response to 2011 Stanley Cup Playoffs 2011-06-07 21:38:34

At 6/7/11 09:07 PM, FBIpolux wrote: Really? 4 games suspension for a legal hit? Horton was leaning forward not even looking where he was going and he hit a wall. Moron. Fucking Campbell.

Please remove your head from your ass and just accept that the habs can't win every series versus the Bruins. It's getting old already.

BBS Signature

Response to 2011 Stanley Cup Playoffs 2011-06-07 23:02:23

At 6/7/11 04:06 AM, Coop wrote:
At 6/6/11 11:03 PM, Canas wrote: For all you sour Vancouver fans don't get to down on the result. The bigger the blowout the bigger the blow-up by the coaching staff. The team will get reeeeemed the fuck out between now and Wednesday and be back in top shape by Game 4. It's almost better you got shafted so badly
I agree - it's going to be a tough one to swallow for the team, but they can take positives out of the game. For instance, being blow out 8-1 is much better than being shut out 2-0. You know that Tim Thomas can be beaten and at the first faceoff on Wednesday, you're going in at 0-0

Boston played about as perfect as they could in Game 3, with emotion no less because of loss of Horton. Now here's the tricky part for them, let's see them pull off a similar performance in Game 4 before we fall off the Vancouver bandwagon.

Sure, game 4 will be a big test of character for Luongo, but it will also be a test for the offensive capability of Vancouver. Put some goals up there and give Roberto a lead to defend.

Luongo better not let me down, because I put a lot of stock in him to bounce back. Having a big lead as well pays dividends into winning the cup for the Canucks, but the Sedin twins and Kesler are more or less been neutralized by the Boston defense for some reason.

Thomas hasn't suffered a blowout loss this series yet. Maybe they are saving that for game 4 or 5?

I don't know about that, but Thomas has a habit of giving up a lot of easy goals before. Remember what happened with Tampa Bay? It's a matter of when and not if Tim Thomas gets the bum's rush from Vancouver.

And why is everyone leaping up and down saying that Vancouver has lost the cup? They're still winning the series and nobody's perfect. The more hockey we get to see, the more we win as neutral fans.

Vancouver is the best team throughout the regular season, and only Detroit and Philadelphia even stood close to them in terms of offense/defense/points scored. But they seem to have the Miami Heat complex where they take a game or 2 off for some bullshit reason, and that could bite them in the ass like they did with Chicago.

With that said, I wouldn't get your hopes up for a long series. Vancouver wins the Stanley Cup in 5.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to 2011 Stanley Cup Playoffs 2011-06-08 08:29:05

At 6/7/11 09:27 PM, Sevkat wrote: I've seen it happen too many times before, once Lu gets one or two shitty shots past him, he totally loses all self-confidence, I mean, it was 95% his fault that we got raped so hard yesterday. Schneider's a good fucking goalie.

Well, it's happened now and even though they made a bit of a boob, you'd have still lost game 3.

At 6/7/11 09:38 PM, GeneralPlanet wrote:
At 6/7/11 09:07 PM, FBIpolux wrote: Really? 4 games suspension for a legal hit? Horton was leaning forward not even looking where he was going and he hit a wall. Moron. Fucking Campbell.
Please remove your head from your ass and just accept that the habs can't win every series versus the Bruins. It's getting old already.

I think it's an eye for an eye and they should consider extending the ban, if Horton isn't ready come the new season.

What a policy that would be, eh?

At 6/7/11 11:02 PM, orangebomb wrote:
At 6/7/11 04:06 AM, Coop wrote:
Boston played about as perfect as they could in Game 3, with emotion no less because of loss of Horton. Now here's the tricky part for them, let's see them pull off a similar performance in Game 4 before we fall off the Vancouver bandwagon.

I'm looking forward to Game 4 - it's going to be hot out there on the ice, as tempers flare.

Luongo better not let me down, because I put a lot of stock in him to bounce back. Having a big lead as well pays dividends into winning the cup for the Canucks, but the Sedin twins and Kesler are more or less been neutralized by the Boston defense for some reason.

He's capable of this, as he has a gold medal around his neck. Where did he win that? Oh yeah, Vancouver. Home is where the heart is.

I don't know about that, but Thomas has a habit of giving up a lot of easy goals before. Remember what happened with Tampa Bay? It's a matter of when and not if Tim Thomas gets the bum's rush from Vancouver.

Personally, I think that after his performance in the All Star Game, where he called the Play-by-Play while keeping, he should consider the booth when his career's done.

As for game 4, we'll just have to wait and see.

Vancouver is the best team throughout the regular season, and only Detroit and Philadelphia even stood close to them in terms of offense/defense/points scored. But they seem to have the Miami Heat complex where they take a game or 2 off for some bullshit reason, and that could bite them in the ass like they did with Chicago.

The series isn't over - 3-0 to Vancouver and you'd have said that it was. However, we have a very close matchup now and Boston could be looking to split the first 4 games, making it a shootout over 3 games, with a little momentum to help them out.

With that said, I wouldn't get your hopes up for a long series. Vancouver wins the Stanley Cup in 5.

Nah - 6 or 7 games, plus a winner to still be determined.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to 2011 Stanley Cup Playoffs 2011-06-08 19:52:01

I'd really love to see another Boston win tonight to make this series a best of 3 scenario. Though if the Canucks somehow manage to take this one, I don't see much hope for the Bruins. I don't expect another 8-1 drubbing like the other night, but I do expect another Bruins win. This one goes back to Vancouver 2-2.

Dancing Psyduck Dauntly Reaching ||||| Astolfo explores my colon with his Monster can. ||||| Praise be unto Satsuki-sama's ass. ||||| Anime tiddies

BBS Signature

Response to 2011 Stanley Cup Playoffs 2011-06-08 20:40:30

Aaaaand there's a goal to Boston. Vancouver's defense collapsed, Luongo got five-holed. Beautiful. 1-0 Bruins.

BBS Signature