00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

nsflave just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

2011 Stanley Cup Playoffs

50,092 Views | 980 Replies

Response to 2011 Stanley Cup Playoffs 2011-05-24 23:34:34

Sharks are choke-artists.

Jesus Christ the one True God of Love and Peace.

Response to 2011 Stanley Cup Playoffs 2011-05-24 23:37:17

Hey let's call icing when it wasn't! Fuck these refs.

Fuck it our OT has been good in the playoffs. BRING IT ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Xbox Live Gamertag: POTM

BBS Signature

Response to 2011 Stanley Cup Playoffs 2011-05-24 23:38:41

At 5/24/11 11:37 PM, Hemlok wrote: Hey let's call icing when it wasn't! Fuck these refs.

Fuck it our OT has been good in the playoffs. BRING IT ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats really a human mistake, I'm sure if you were an official you'd probably have missed that too. If The Sharks really want the stanley cup they won't fail in overtime. But I bet they do because history repeats itself too much when it comes to the San Jose Sharks.

Response to 2011 Stanley Cup Playoffs 2011-05-24 23:42:56

At 5/24/11 11:38 PM, TheKlown wrote: Thats really a human mistake, I'm sure if you were an official you'd probably have missed that too. If The Sharks really want the stanley cup they won't fail in overtime. But I bet they do because history repeats itself too much when it comes to the San Jose Sharks.

Fast moving play yes but regardless wasn't icing. It's just typical that these refs, who have had a very good game with calls, would fuck up on the most critical one. We have gone 5-0 in OT in the playoffs so far and I'm hoping that streak doesn't break.

BBS Signature

Response to 2011 Stanley Cup Playoffs 2011-05-25 00:54:02

Ha ha... What a bounce. Sharks maintain the worst luck ever. Oh well, wasn't meant to be. I'll be bleeding teal next year, like always.

BBS Signature

Response to 2011 Stanley Cup Playoffs 2011-05-25 01:09:05

The Canucks are going to the Stanley Cup!

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to 2011 Stanley Cup Playoffs 2011-05-25 01:33:29

Dear San Jose Sharks,

If you guys are going to beat the Red Wings in round 2, please stop getting your asses thrashed in round 3.

Kind regards, Ronald.

Response to 2011 Stanley Cup Playoffs 2011-05-25 04:13:40

At 5/25/11 01:32 AM, EclecticEnnui wrote: I mostly watched the overtime and I didn't even realize the puck went in, at first.

Yeah, It's like he pulled the puck out of a hat or something.

Even in slow-mo I could not see where it went until it went in.

Weird. But great game.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to 2011 Stanley Cup Playoffs 2011-05-25 04:17:24

I was really happy with Vancouver's performance tonight, was concerned for a bit but they played like champs.

And that goal in 2 OT! Wow!

Response to 2011 Stanley Cup Playoffs 2011-05-25 04:34:30

If Vancouver wins this years Stanley Cup, then they will finally put to rest the ghost of '94.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to 2011 Stanley Cup Playoffs 2011-05-25 04:40:33

Luongo had 54 saves tonight. I may not like the guy, but I have to give credit where it's due. Hard for your team to lose when you put up those numbers.

Dancing Psyduck Dauntly Reaching ||||| Astolfo explores my colon with his Monster can. ||||| Praise be unto Satsuki-sama's ass. ||||| Anime tiddies

Response to 2011 Stanley Cup Playoffs 2011-05-25 06:33:46

90 minutes of hockey, some pretty good plays and a ton of saves from Roberto Luongo. I like the guy, but I can pile a shitload of fault at his door for what led to San Jose's second goal - stay on your line and let the defence take care of the rush, while you stay back to block the shot.

Still, it's Vancouver who advance, to face either the Bruins or the Lightning. I'm looking forward to it, as all four of these teams in the Conference Finals deserved a shot to win the Stanley Cup, which is what we want as neutral fans.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to 2011 Stanley Cup Playoffs 2011-05-25 06:49:39

At 5/25/11 06:33 AM, Coop wrote: 90 minutes of hockey, some pretty good plays and a ton of saves from Roberto Luongo. I like the guy, but I can pile a shitload of fault at his door for what led to San Jose's second goal - stay on your line and let the defence take care of the rush, while you stay back to block the shot.

Still, it's Vancouver who advance, to face either the Bruins or the Lightning. I'm looking forward to it, as all four of these teams in the Conference Finals deserved a shot to win the Stanley Cup, which is what we want as neutral fans.

I blame the second goal more on the bad giveaway from Edler... Luongo technically was making a good play it's just that he couldn't get the puck... he was close but he still didn't get it. But in the end, Vancouver is the team that's moving on.

Response to 2011 Stanley Cup Playoffs 2011-05-25 10:45:18

At 5/25/11 06:33 AM, Coop wrote: 90 minutes of hockey, some pretty good plays and a ton of saves from Roberto Luongo. I like the guy, but I can pile a shitload of fault at his door for what led to San Jose's second goal - stay on your line and let the defence take care of the rush, while you stay back to block the shot.

I wouldn't put all of the blame on Luongo, only because it was a bad giveaway from Edler, and he had little time to react to it. Even the best goalies can give up a cheapie goal or 2, especially if the defense is out of position like that.

I can see the Lightning giving them a run for their money, but I don't really see anyone stopping Vancouver now, especially if the Sedin twins get on a roll and Kesler continues to do what he has been doing in these playoffs. They got tested by Chicago in the first round, and I believe that got them more focused for Nashville and San Jose, and it will be no different against either Tampa Bay or Boston.

Barring some miracles and some luck, the Stanley Cup is going back to Canada, as much as that pains me to say that.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to 2011 Stanley Cup Playoffs 2011-05-25 15:54:48

If Lightning get past Bruins, Lightning will beat the Canucks. If Bruins beat the Lightning than Canucks will win the cup. Thats how I personally see it. I still don't even know why The Lightning are losing to The Bruins, they seem much faster than the Bruins.

Response to 2011 Stanley Cup Playoffs 2011-05-25 17:43:03

At 5/25/11 03:54 PM, TheKlown wrote: If Lightning get past Bruins, Lightning will beat the Canucks. If Bruins beat the Lightning than Canucks will win the cup. Thats how I personally see it. I still don't even know why The Lightning are losing to The Bruins, they seem much faster than the Bruins.

This, times a million.

Dancing Psyduck Dauntly Reaching ||||| Astolfo explores my colon with his Monster can. ||||| Praise be unto Satsuki-sama's ass. ||||| Anime tiddies

Response to 2011 Stanley Cup Playoffs 2011-05-25 18:02:41

Also, I'm not a big lightning fan I'm a bandwagon but on their nhl message board they claim the officials in boston have missed alot of penalties on the bruins. Is that true or are they just pissed because they're losing?

Response to 2011 Stanley Cup Playoffs 2011-05-25 18:07:37

Response to 2011 Stanley Cup Playoffs 2011-05-25 18:46:46

At 5/25/11 06:02 PM, TheKlown wrote: Also, I'm not a big lightning fan I'm a bandwagon but on their nhl message board they claim the officials in boston have missed alot of penalties on the bruins. Is that true or are they just pissed because they're losing?

How many penalties that should have been called in game 5 of the Canucks-Sharks games weren't called? There were so many no calls it's not even funny.

Response to 2011 Stanley Cup Playoffs 2011-05-25 19:20:07

Who do you guys think would give The Canucks the toughest fight? Do you think The Canucks are favored to win Stanley cup at this point of time?

Response to 2011 Stanley Cup Playoffs 2011-05-25 20:16:42

First shot of the game and the Lightning score. I really hope they take this to the end. Tampa vs. Vancouver would be awesome to watch.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to 2011 Stanley Cup Playoffs 2011-05-25 20:25:36

Lucic gonna Luc.

BBS Signature

Response to 2011 Stanley Cup Playoffs 2011-05-25 20:49:40

Well I missed the Lightning's goal but I saw the both Bruins'. Tampa started to look poorer and poorer as the first period wears on. They were giving up some unnecessary penalties and making needless mental errors. Boucher's got some things to correct during intermission.

2-1 Bruins after 1 period.

Response to 2011 Stanley Cup Playoffs 2011-05-25 20:55:46

Looks like Bruins gonna win this game unless Tampa Bay learn to start scoring on Tim Thomas and also try to avoid the defense of Boston because Boston's defense has been keeping that puck out of their area pretty good.

Response to 2011 Stanley Cup Playoffs 2011-05-25 21:00:40

Wow Boston might not do shit on power plays but they sure kick ass with 5 on 5.

BBS Signature

Response to 2011 Stanley Cup Playoffs 2011-05-25 21:25:23

And the Lightning tie it up at two. It's now roughly halfway through the second period.

Response to 2011 Stanley Cup Playoffs 2011-05-25 21:34:08

This is awesome! 3-2 lightning raping the boston up da ass

Response to 2011 Stanley Cup Playoffs 2011-05-25 21:34:41

At 5/25/11 09:25 PM, Onepiece285 wrote: And the Lightning tie it up at two. It's now roughly halfway through the second period.

And now they've taken the lead. The 3rd period is hard for me to predict.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to 2011 Stanley Cup Playoffs 2011-05-25 21:38:02

Bruins are good at coming back, not so much keeping a lead. Watch yourself Tampa.

BBS Signature

Response to 2011 Stanley Cup Playoffs 2011-05-25 21:39:06

yeaaaaa Lightning.

3-2 Tampa 5 minutes from intermission number two