00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Peacock6k just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

just testing things out

9,799 Views | 72 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to just testing things out 2012-01-27 15:17:37

A few holiday sketches. would've drawn more, but skyrim was more addictive than I ever thought possible. If you want me to upload the full image of any of these and/ or have any pointers or observations let me know, I'm open to just about anything until my (final) school semester really picks up.

just testing things out

Just testing things out l popcorn

XWarrior code 61: There's family, friends, and honor. In terms of importance: 1 is permanent, 2 and 3 are interchangeable.

BBS Signature

Response to just testing things out 2012-05-01 22:37:46

term papers are done, waiting for finals and graduation. First time picking up my sketchbook in a few weeks

just testing things out

XWarrior code 61: There's family, friends, and honor. In terms of importance: 1 is permanent, 2 and 3 are interchangeable.

BBS Signature

Response to just testing things out 2012-05-16 09:53:36

messing with a free CAD program. Maybe not bad for a first time, but I'm pretty much clueless using all of its features (I'd add color and shades if I knew how).

just testing things out

BBS Signature

Response to just testing things out 2012-05-17 11:55:49

still goofing around with CAD

just testing things out

BBS Signature

Response to just testing things out 2012-06-10 13:21:18

yeah, so I'm dealing with some bullsh*t concerning by BA. So, the only time I've had to draw lately is when I'm on break at work. Nothing really special, mostly just letting my hand drift.

just testing things out

BBS Signature

Response to just testing things out 2012-06-12 19:16:03

At 6/10/12 01:21 PM, XWarrior61 wrote: yeah, so I'm dealing with some bullsh*t concerning by BA. So, the only time I've had to draw lately is when I'm on break at work. Nothing really special, mostly just letting my hand

LOL they look like doodles

Response to just testing things out 2012-06-15 09:42:59

At 6/12/12 07:16 PM, malfunction19 wrote:
At 6/10/12 01:21 PM, XWarrior61 wrote: yeah, so I'm dealing with some bullsh*t concerning by BA. So, the only time I've had to draw lately is when I'm on break at work. Nothing really special, mostly just letting my hand
LOL they look like doodles

Yeah, I've been drawing other things when I have the time. But, most of it has been copy art. Unless I'm using it as an example, I try not to post that kind of stuff since it's not my own original piece.

BBS Signature

Response to just testing things out 2012-07-03 16:30:31

anyone know of any good references for foreshortening?

BBS Signature

Response to just testing things out 2012-07-03 17:04:21

At 7/3/12 04:30 PM, XWarrior61 wrote: anyone know of any good references for foreshortening?

http://www.posemaniacs.com/
Just find the right models on posemaniacs. You can rotate poses too I believe.

Response to just testing things out 2012-07-03 20:08:46

At 7/3/12 07:08 PM, GinkoLaw wrote: I believe a visual demonstration would help you improve...also do you have a thing for really gruff looking men with strong upper builds? Not trying to be offensive, just...curious.

Anyway you can draw faces well; though your real problem is your arms and legs, they look like stubs. elongate the body and try and match the arms/legs to real life.

The arm when raised, the elbow should be little bit above the top of your head. The arm down, your hand should be at your groin.

Also do you mind if I post a coloring of your Yosemite Sam?

Thanks for the tips guys.
@ GinkoLaw- The over sized upper body is something I'm trying to get away from, I haven't been drawing much lately so it's taking time. As far as using Yosamite Sam, go ahead.

BBS Signature

Response to just testing things out 2012-07-30 14:12:57

Well, definately keeping my ass busy. Between working part time at my local walmart (it's a paycheck, customers are often more retarded than the people everyone thinks walmart hires), searching for a full time job (only 2 responses in 2 months, yay economy), looking over anatomy references to try and improve my style (nothing worth posting here yet), and to top it all off I picked up a copy of Adobe CS Flash professional 6 since it was on sale and I still get my student discount (long story short; found out 6 days after May graduation that I was actually missing a class, so I had to change my graduation date to August just so I could take 1 summer course).

Just getting used to the controls on FP6 right now and finally dusting off my tablet

just testing things out

BBS Signature

Response to just testing things out 2012-12-04 16:03:03

Well, I drew this back in October. Nothing special, but it was something to do while I had no power.

just testing things out

BBS Signature

Response to just testing things out 2013-03-01 09:59:21

still messing with CAD a bit in between job searches (recently finished some training as an auto tech). Haven't drawn much of anything lately though, just doodles while I'm on my meal breaks at work.

just testing things out

BBS Signature