00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Sinnymon just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Art Forum Lounge

957,748 Views | 17,307 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-07-30 04:49:46

At 7/30/12 12:56 AM, Captain wrote:
At 7/29/12 08:50 AM, M-Maher wrote: Just came by the drop off some nightmare fuel
Better nightmare fuel, and somewhat relevant to the previous mention of hyper-realist sculptors.

Definitely one of my favorite artists, would kill to see her work in person.

Some of those were awesome, and others were more disturbing than some zombie games and movies I've been entertained by today
Also Is that a flying penis?

just trying to make sure I'm not the only one seeing this shit...
At 7/30/12 04:34 AM, M-Vero wrote: Spidey's gettin' real sick of this bullshit.

Don't see why. If I was surrounded by that many pairs of tits, I'm be living like a king.

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-07-30 05:10:30

At 7/30/12 04:49 AM, Kinsei01 wrote: Don't see why. If I was surrounded by that many pairs of tits, I'm be living like a king.

His spidey sense says half them are minors

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-07-30 08:08:36

At 7/30/12 04:34 AM, M-Vero wrote: Spidey's gettin' real sick of this bullshit.

I think it really wasn't a great idea to install that new interface. I was kinda expecting this kind of thing to happen the moment I saw the redesign of the art portal. I mean what can you expect from a community mostly dominated by 13 year old boys? I've also been noticing a decline in quality on Shad's art. All I'm seeing is basically girls who might or might not took about 30 minutes to make.

Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-07-30 09:49:58

I'm avoiding the Shad discussion because I think everyone knows my opinion on the matter.

@Captain - Damn man. That shit is creepy as all hell, but also awesome.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-07-30 15:23:18

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-07-30 16:07:07

At 7/29/12 08:50 AM, M-Maher wrote: Just came by the drop off some nightmare fuel
Better nightmare fuel, and somewhat relevant to the previous mention of hyper-realist sculptors.

Remind me to never play a game of artistic nightmare fuel top trumps with you.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-07-30 16:21:45

There's absolutely nothing attrocious about these human/animal hybrids ,This is all normal in my views.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-07-30 17:20:46

ok so since this is an art for cant we like advetize our art and stuff???

<a>http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/justice511/the-lurker?
context=ratings
:etm.user:3740776.scouted:.offset:2<a>

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-07-30 17:55:44

At 7/30/12 05:20 PM, justice511 wrote: ok so since this is an art for cant we like advetize our art and stuff???

<a>http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/justice511/the-lurker?
context=ratings:etm.user:3740776.scouted:.offset:2<a>

you can but its generally advised you make an art thread for your work, whatever suits you really.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-07-31 10:22:14

Sooo...... What would be the proper channels to go through for permission for me to revive the CHOW or the COW and host it weekly??

Like me on the FaceBook :D

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-07-31 10:23:06

At 7/31/12 10:22 AM, DooDooMeaT wrote: Sooo...... What would be the proper channels to go through for permission for me to revive the CHOW or the COW and host it weekly??

Yeah, go ahead.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-07-31 10:58:30

At 7/31/12 10:23 AM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote:
At 7/31/12 10:22 AM, DooDooMeaT wrote: Sooo...... What would be the proper channels to go through for permission for me to revive the CHOW or the COW and host it weekly??
Yeah, go ahead.

There's your permission.
Neither has run in ages, so I think it would be a warm welcome for someone to start them back up again.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-07-31 11:15:49

I was actually thinking about starting up one of those myself; most likely cow cause I'm to much of a loser when it comes to drawing/thinking of humans. So if you were to start up COWs I'd be willing to take turns if you're up for that? Might be nice to draw a starter pic every other instead of each week. Otherwise I'll just participate.

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-07-31 11:54:04

Thanks!! That was easy :D

:At 7/31/12 11:15 AM, J-qb wrote:

I was actually thinking about starting up one of those myself; most likely cow cause I'm to much of a loser when it comes to drawing/thinking of humans. So if you were to start up COWs I'd be willing to take turns if you're up for that? Might be nice to draw a starter pic every other instead of each week. Otherwise I'll just participate.

Well.... I was thinking I'd just make a generic starter pic for each week. Cause I want to participate too. We could still rotate hosting if you like... I was also thinking about doing the character of the week but I was gonna ask what you guys would rather do.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-07-31 13:32:49

At 7/31/12 11:54 AM, DooDooMeaT wrote: Well.... I was thinking I'd just make a generic starter pic for each week. Cause I want to participate too. We could still rotate hosting if you like...

Yeah that'd be fine too, no need to rotate hosting in that case.

I was also thinking about doing the character of the week but I was gonna ask what you guys would rather do.

"also" as in hosting both COW and CHOW? cause I'd say that might be a bit much i.e. get only a few entries. If you meant CHOW rather than COW that'd be great, good way to practice my characters. Maybe rotate COW/CHOW with one week COW other week CHOW dunno, whatever.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-07-31 14:12:30

At 7/31/12 01:32 PM, J-qb wrote: Maybe rotate COW/CHOW with one week COW other week CHOW dunno, whatever.

That's a good idea.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-07-31 15:06:51

At 7/31/12 02:12 PM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote:
At 7/31/12 01:32 PM, J-qb wrote: Maybe rotate COW/CHOW with one week COW other week CHOW dunno, whatever.
That's a good idea.

I like it too... I'll start one in a bit!!

At 7/31/12 02:26 PM, BilalZ wrote: rename chow to cats

hmm.... what does cats stand for?! :D

any ideas for a theme??...... I was thinking re-animator or reanimated

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-07-31 15:55:22

At 7/31/12 03:25 PM, BilalZ wrote: character art tournament seven (as in weakly)

Yes!!

Umm... What about, Creative art training simulation...?

I think we will stick with chow and cow :)

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-07-31 16:03:34

In regards to COW and CHOW, I know some different places rotate the host. Basically, whoever is deemed the winner for the week would be responsible for coming up with the theme for the next week. Personally, I think it's sort of a good incentive to participate. Doing it that way would also ensure that different winners are picked every week, since the person who creates the theme can't win. Just a thought.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-07-31 16:33:54

At 7/31/12 04:03 PM, monsterparty wrote: In regards to COW and CHOW, I know some different places rotate the host. Basically, whoever is deemed the winner for the week would be responsible for coming up with the theme for the next week. Personally, I think it's sort of a good incentive to participate. Doing it that way would also ensure that different winners are picked every week, since the person who creates the theme can't win. Just a thought.

The theme picking has been done here too I think; although I'd say we'd need the same person to make the thread each time for consistency's sake, and if poeple don't come up with a (good) theme. Otherwise good idea.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-08-01 18:02:55

Am I the only one?

Art Forum Lounge

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-08-01 19:00:54

At 8/1/12 06:02 PM, Captain-Carrion wrote: Am I the only one?

Yes

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-08-01 19:35:37

You're kinda right. But I guess comparing him with Simon is a bit overkill.

Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-08-01 19:58:23

I have no idea what the hell is being said here, so no, I completely disagree.
And if what I might be thinking of is what is being said here, then still no, I disagree.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-08-02 00:50:25

Its probably just me then, when Aigis chats in skype i visualize Simon talking. Either way Aigis is either Simon or a robot, or a robotic Simon.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-08-02 01:16:05

At 8/2/12 01:08 AM, NuclearWarFare wrote: I think we should do another Papercraft competition. I've always loved scrolling through the entries and think I would do one this year. Any big competition would be great... Any...

I actually wanted to have some sort of pixel art event/competition. But im not one of competitive taste so it would be more like a massive collab, if it ever happened.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-08-02 03:48:31

At 8/2/12 01:08 AM, NuclearWarFare wrote: I think we should do another Papercraft competition. I've always loved scrolling through the entries and think I would do one this year. Any big competition would be great... Any...

There's some stuff coming up.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-08-02 08:40:14

At 8/2/12 01:16 AM, Captain-Carrion wrote: I actually wanted to have some sort of pixel art event/competition. But im not one of competitive taste so it would be more like a massive collab, if it ever happened.

We had a pixel collab before......
Ash was gonna put into a flash, but then he left.....
Actually, that seems to be a growing trend, doesn't it?
Knocturne started up the Tarrot Card Collab, then he left.
And Spags was running the Emoticon Collab and he's pretty much gone now too.
Very strange.....

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-08-02 08:48:17

At 8/2/12 08:40 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
We had a pixel collab before......
Very strange.....

I Blame violent cartoons, comic books and the jitterbug for corrupting today's youth.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-08-02 09:23:28

At 8/2/12 08:40 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote: We had a pixel collab before......

and Legolass was running the levels collab
and Mcjesus was running the metropolis destruction collab
not a new thing; that stuff has always happened. Compiling an art collab is a lot of work if you want to do it right; especially if you're not a flash-pro.

BBS Signature