00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

studda614 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Metal Hell

3,063,655 Views | 77,362 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Metal Hell 2013-06-28 17:06:11

At 6/28/13 04:08 PM, AniMetal wrote: What's up with you guys? Any great shows upcoming? Anything new in any of your lives?

I'm going to see Alice Cooper tonight if that counts ._.

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2013-06-28 23:56:20

At 6/28/13 04:08 PM, AniMetal wrote: Hey everyone! It's been almost, or maybe even, a full year since i've posted here. Did any of you miss me? :P

No I didn't!

Lots of excellent North America tours coming up for me. Godflesh / Nails / Prurient, Vicious Rumors / Leatherwolf, Kreator / Overkill, Gorguts, Baroness / Royal Thunder, Neurosis, Goblin's first ever North America tour, etc. as well as a Alcest / Anathema tour hitting up Boston the same night as Chelsea Wolfe - so who knows what i'll decide to see then. haha

Pretty interresting shows indeed. I've yet to see Alcest live, plus Kreator, Gorguts and Baroness would also be pretty nice to see live.

What's up with you guys? Any great shows upcoming? Anything new in any of your lives?

Not much in July, according to Last.fm. Except for Yes. In August though, we'll have Sombres Forets with Chasse-Galerie, which are both amazing Quebec black metal acts. Check them out! As usual, we'll have the Summer Slaughter Tour, a fucking show that manages every year to get me in a dilemma. Every year you get amazing death metal bands... but they always side with whinecore and tech-deathcore-chugfest bands... Other than that... we have the Heavy MTL. And like every open air metal festivals, you get a few amazing bands, with a shitload of boring ones.

On this year's show Baroness, Children Of Bodom, Cryptopsy, Finntroll, GWAR, Mastodon, Megadeth, The Ocean and Wintersun are all bands I'd like to see.

Earth - An Inquest Concerning Teeth

Response to Metal Hell 2013-06-29 01:40:22

At 6/26/13 02:59 PM, HeavenDuff wrote:
At 6/26/13 01:49 AM, mothballs wrote: Combining Christian themes with metal never made much sense. Metal, for the most part, is anti-christian and generally Christians feel the same whether it actually is or not.
Metal is not for the most part anti-christian... There is a part of the black metal scene that is, and most likely a part of the thrash metal scene also. But if you don't sing about these topics, it doesn't matter if you are anti-christian or not. Like there is a a lot of folk metal bands. These bands are often more about pagan religions, so obviously they aren't big fans of christiannity, but as long as they don't sing about it, they aren't an anti-christian band. Otherwise, how are the christian themes so incompatible with metal?

Accept
Bruce Dickinson
Agalloch
Dave Mustard
Yngwie Malmsteen

all accept JESUS CHRIST as their lord and savior, confess their sins, and follow the creed of the gospel

I myself find Xtianity to be far too derivative and vague to be of much help. Many of the gospels and parables are vague and sometimes contradictory, not to mention the troubling first testament. This is fitting, as Xtianity borrows much of its traditions and teachings from other religions.

Do I mind if it's in my music, or if the musicians in the bands I listen to are christian?

Not particularly.

You can't spell subtext without buttsex. | I control Psycryptik | Psycryptik controls your mind

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2013-06-29 01:58:44

At 6/29/13 01:40 AM, ElGhoulio wrote: Agalloch

I've heard John Haughm condemn monotheism quite a few times for all the deaths, segregation, sexism and other problems it caused. I'm pretty sure that at least him (maybe Don Anderson two) are pantheists and not christians.

Response to Metal Hell 2013-06-29 03:59:06

At 6/28/13 04:08 PM, AniMetal wrote:
What's up with you guys? Any great shows upcoming? Anything new in any of your lives?

i saw king diamond yesterday and tonight seeing kreator

Response to Metal Hell 2013-06-29 11:53:45

At 6/23/13 09:22 PM, Viper50 wrote: Ah okay.

To further answer your question I think they're songs done in a style of bands they are influenced by. For example the firat track (The Burning Anvil of Steel) sounds just like Judas Priest with growled vocals while the second (Satan Rising) sounds just like Black Sabbath the band and song. The third song reminds me of someone just cant place my finger on it and the last track (Stand Up to Go Down) sounds like ACDC. So yeah its differnt but good.

When I die. It will be in a blaze of glory.

Metal Hellion/My band (Bestial Remains) Myspace/Sonic Crew

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2013-06-29 12:50:30

Today is Sakis Tolis's birthday.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2013-06-29 12:57:04

At 6/29/13 11:53 AM, Blackdoom13 wrote: To further answer your question I think they're songs done in a style of bands they are influenced by. For example the firat track (The Burning Anvil of Steel) sounds just like Judas Priest with growled vocals while the second (Satan Rising) sounds just like Black Sabbath the band and song. The third song reminds me of someone just cant place my finger on it and the last track (Stand Up to Go Down) sounds like ACDC. So yeah its differnt but good.

Hmm....I may have to check that out at some point then.
Probably not right now though since I feel like I'm about to pass out haha.

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2013-06-29 15:11:11

At 6/29/13 12:50 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: Today is Sakis Tolis's birthday.

An happy birthday for that amazing musician.

Liberals defend the exploitation of man by man, Conservatives defend the reverse.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2013-06-29 18:50:24

So I was looking at the lineup for Wacken Open Air 2013, and I couldn't help but notice how much worse it is than previous years. Did anyone else notice that? I've been trying to search for a widespread amount of true metal bands but couldn't really come across as many as there were in, say, 2005-2008.

Response to Metal Hell 2013-06-29 19:02:44

At 6/29/13 06:50 PM, mothballs wrote: So I was looking at the lineup for Wacken Open Air 2013, and I couldn't help but notice how much worse it is than previous years. Did anyone else notice that? I've been trying to search for a widespread amount of true metal bands but couldn't really come across as many as there were in, say, 2005-2008.

Really, the Wacken lineups have always been subpar IMO. Plenty of other European metal fests, and even US metal fests like Maryland Deathfest and Progpower USA, have superior lineups to Wacken. haha

At 6/28/13 05:06 PM, Viper50 wrote:
At 6/28/13 04:08 PM, AniMetal wrote: What's up with you guys? Any great shows upcoming? Anything new in any of your lives?

Jealous! I'd see Mr. Cooper in a heartbeat if I could, never seen him! Have fun mate.

At 6/28/13 04:50 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: Did you hear the new Gorguts track? It sounds pretty good.

It was decent, not my favorite though. :(

At 6/29/13 03:59 AM, DeIirium wrote:
i saw king diamond yesterday and tonight seeing kreator

In Finland, yes? My friend Freya and my friend Martin are both at that festival. :) Bolt Thrower, Testament, Amorphis, etc. are on that fest, right? If so, then yup, you're at the same fest as two of my IRL friends.

At 6/28/13 11:56 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: Not much in July, according to Last.fm. Except for Yes. In August though, we'll have Sombres Forets with Chasse-Galerie, which are both amazing Quebec black metal acts. Check them out! As usual, we'll have the Summer Slaughter Tour, a fucking show that manages every year to get me in a dilemma. Every year you get amazing death metal bands... but they always side with whinecore and tech-deathcore-chugfest bands... Other than that... we have the Heavy MTL. And like every open air metal festivals, you get a few amazing bands, with a shitload of boring ones.

I might go to The Summer Slaughter tour here, because I looooove The Dillinger Escape Plan, but we'll see.

On this year's show Baroness, Children Of Bodom, Cryptopsy, Finntroll, GWAR, Mastodon, Megadeth, The Ocean and Wintersun are all bands I'd like to see.

Some other bands on that you should be sure to check out: Augury, Cattle Decapitation*, Danzig, Halestorm**, Havok, Huntress, Pallbearer, The Dillinger Escape Plan and Unexpect. ESPECIALLY Unexpect, they're easily the biggest treat on that entire festival's lineup considering they never play in the US or Canada.

* = not a Cattle Decap fan, but they put on a killer live show.
** = Halestorm are another band who are surprisingly good live, IMO anyway.

Earth - An Inquest Concerning Teeth

I love Earth so much.

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2013-06-29 19:52:57

At 6/29/13 07:02 PM, AniMetal wrote:
At 6/28/13 05:06 PM, Viper50 wrote:
Jealous! I'd see Mr. Cooper in a heartbeat if I could, never seen him! Have fun mate.

It was actually Alice Cooper and Marilyn Manson so...yeah...
But it was still awesome! Though some shitty Emo band opened for em. And they butchered Crazy On You by Heart for their final song ._.
Like 80% of the people there came just to see Manson and a bunch of em left after he finished his set. And people went fucking ballistic when he played Antichrist Superstar. So much so that I could hardly even hear him playing over the crowd, haha.
And Alice got decapitated after Ballad Of Dwight Fry, strapped to this table thing and electrocuted halfway through Feed My Frankenstein (and afterwards there was a giant Frankenstein running around the stage singing the rest of the song), he danced around with the boa during Is It My Body, and ended his set with Schools Out which went into Another Brick In The Wall and while doing that he had like 10 giant balloons filled with glitter come down and he took out a sword and slashed em all up. Then him and Manson played I'm Eighteen together for an encore.
And afterwards there were some protestors outside saying we were all going to hell for going to the concert ._.

I wasn't really in that good of a seat to take pics during the show and the ones i took were kinda crappy because I was using my sister's camera (my phone's camera doesn't zoom for some reason) so they're really grainy.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2013-06-29 20:31:18

Ouch, i'd hate to be in the same room as Manson and Manson fans. haha

Regardless, sounds like a fun time. NO MORE MR. NICE GUY.

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2013-06-29 20:35:50

I liked the score Manson did for the first Resident Evil.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2013-06-29 21:20:25

At 6/29/13 07:52 PM, Viper50 wrote: It was actually Alice Cooper and Marilyn Manson so...yeah...

Thats a pretty cool combo. Like when I seen Ozzy and Rob Zombie. It was a kickass show.

I wanna see a concert ao bad D: the Ozzy/Zombie show was the last one I seen and that was back in '06. lol Damn... I feel old.

When I die. It will be in a blaze of glory.

Metal Hellion/My band (Bestial Remains) Myspace/Sonic Crew

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2013-06-29 21:21:35

Also a little thing I forgot to add.
This was the first concert my dad had ever been to. And hes turning 60 this year.

At 6/29/13 08:31 PM, AniMetal wrote: Ouch, i'd hate to be in the same room as Manson and Manson fans. haha

Regardless, sounds like a fun time. NO MORE MR. NICE GUY.

Yeah I was completely surrounded on all sides by nothing but crazy Manson fans ._.
I was really hoping he'd play either The Black Widow or Elected. But regardless it was still a great show.
And I was going to see if I could bring my vinyl of Welcome To My Nightmare to see if I could get it signed but my sister advised me not to do it.

At 6/29/13 08:35 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: I liked the score Manson did for the first Resident Evil.

He did do a pretty good job on it...

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2013-06-30 01:31:14

At 6/29/13 07:02 PM, AniMetal wrote: Some other bands on that you should be sure to check out: Augury, Cattle Decapitation*, Danzig, Halestorm**, Havok, Huntress, Pallbearer, The Dillinger Escape Plan and Unexpect. ESPECIALLY Unexpect, they're easily the biggest treat on that entire festival's lineup considering they never play in the US or Canada.

I will check out Unexpect sometime during the few next weeks. I've meant to do so in the past, but now I feel that I really have to do so. Plus, they are a band from Quebec, and I really owe this to bands from my homeland. I've rarely been dissapointed by metal bands from the province of Quebec, and I doubt these musicians will do any different.

Response to Metal Hell 2013-06-30 14:58:07

At 6/29/13 06:50 PM, mothballs wrote: So I was looking at the lineup for Wacken Open Air 2013, and I couldn't help but notice how much worse it is than previous years. Did anyone else notice that? I've been trying to search for a widespread amount of true metal bands but couldn't really come across as many as there were in, say, 2005-2008.

I've noticed that too. I think that's due to the general mainstream-ization of a lot of the leading metal labels, i.e. Nuclear Blast, Century Media, etc... who's bands incidentally make up a lot of the Wacken lineup.

Metal Hell

You can't spell subtext without buttsex. | I control Psycryptik | Psycryptik controls your mind

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2013-06-30 15:28:36

At 6/30/13 01:31 AM, HeavenDuff wrote: I've rarely been dissapointed by metal bands from the province of Quebec, and I doubt these musicians will do any different.

Hmm...so whats your opinion on Priestess and Dopethrone?

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2013-06-30 16:06:57

Excuse me good sirs for taking your priceless time on looking on my post, but I'm wondering if I still can join your club.

from friendzone with love

Response to Metal Hell 2013-06-30 16:18:53

At 6/30/13 03:28 PM, Viper50 wrote:
At 6/30/13 01:31 AM, HeavenDuff wrote: I've rarely been dissapointed by metal bands from the province of Quebec, and I doubt these musicians will do any different.
Hmm...so whats your opinion on Priestess and Dopethrone?

I've never listened to Dopethrone and I know just that one song on GH by Priestess. I've never taken the time to check into Dopethrone because of their name. I shouldn't stay away from them just because of it, but I often feel that bands who pick their name based on another band's material will be worship band of that band. But again, Boris took their name from The Melvins and they're amazing. So it shouldn't stop me...

Response to Metal Hell 2013-06-30 16:47:36

At 6/30/13 04:06 PM, Markikarik wrote: Excuse me good sirs for taking your priceless time on looking on my post, but I'm wondering if I still can join your club.

Could you give us a list of some bands you listen to?

At 6/30/13 04:18 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: I've never listened to Dopethrone and I know just that one song on GH by Priestess.

If you ever get the chance to listen to Priestess more I suggest listening to Hello Master before Prior To The Fire. I feel that its the better of their two albums. I mean Prior To The Fire has songs like Raccoon Eyes, Lady Killer, Communicating Via-Eyes, and Sideways Attack. But Hello Master has I Am The Night, Colour Me Black, Lay Down (which is the one off of GH), Time Will Cut You Down, and The Shakes.
It sucks that they pretty much fell off the face of the earth.

I've never taken the time to check into Dopethrone because of their name. I shouldn't stay away from them just because of it, but I often feel that bands who pick their name based on another band's material will be worship band of that band. But again, Boris took their name from The Melvins and they're amazing. So it shouldn't stop me...

Well Dopethrones not that bad. Granted you can still hear some of the Electric Wizard influences in their music. But they're not like pretty much copying their musical style. They're more Sludgy than Doom Metal.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2013-06-30 17:06:32

Well, I like Rammstein, Black Sabbath, Steppenwolf, Tool, Pink Floyd, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Deep Purple, AC/DC, Alice Cooper, Iron Maiden, Manowar, Tenacious D, Primus (just a few songs), Van Halen. I think that's the most general bands I'm listening to

from friendzone with love

Response to Metal Hell 2013-06-30 17:53:33

At 6/30/13 05:06 PM, Markikarik wrote: Well, I like Rammstein, Black Sabbath, Steppenwolf, Tool, Pink Floyd, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Deep Purple, AC/DC, Alice Cooper, Iron Maiden, Manowar, Tenacious D, Primus (just a few songs), Van Halen. I think that's the most general bands I'm listening to

Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, Manowar and some Primus is metal. But the other bands you have listed are mostly classic rock, hard rock, funk and nu-metal. You have to know before you join that this is the Metal Hell, and that even if we do discuss these non-metal bands sometimes, they aren't the focus of our discussions. If you are still interrested in joining, could you tell us what other metal bands you like. Other than the ones you've already listed.

Deafheaven - Dream House

Response to Metal Hell 2013-06-30 18:12:28

Haha I would never call Primus metal.

They're too much an orgasm of many genres. Grunge, funk, thrash metal, jazz, etc, etc.

Primus are just the genre of Primus, really.

I'd say let him in though. I mean, hard rock and metal are pretty much the same thing a lot of the time. Eh.

But yes, Duffy, definitely check out all the bands I said to see live if you can. Great bands. Especially Unexpect.

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2013-06-30 18:25:24

At 6/30/13 06:12 PM, AniMetal wrote: Haha I would never call Primus metal.
They're too much an orgasm of many genres. Grunge, funk, thrash metal, jazz, etc, etc.
Primus are just the genre of Primus, really.

If you say so. Out of the bands listed that's still more metal than Pink Floyd.

I'd say let him in though. I mean, hard rock and metal are pretty much the same thing a lot of the time. Eh.

I'm not restraining him from joining. But when somebody wants to join, he or she needs to know what the Metal Hell is.

But yes, Duffy, definitely check out all the bands I said to see live if you can. Great bands. Especially Unexpect.

I will. That's part of the plan ;)

Response to Metal Hell 2013-06-30 19:46:23

I know this isn't really the place to ask this but this has been irritating the hell outta me.

Whenever I listen to stuff on my computer I open up the Last.fm Scrobbler and no info for my profile, the music I'm listening to, or anything I scrobbled. And when I click on the tab for Friends it says "You haven't made any friends on Last.fm yet." when I obviously DO have friends on last.fm (43 to be exact).
So I was wondering if this has happened to anyone on here who uses last.fm or not ._.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2013-06-30 20:40:43

At 6/30/13 07:46 PM, Viper50 wrote: I know this isn't really the place to ask this but this has been irritating the hell outta me.

Whenever I listen to stuff on my computer I open up the Last.fm Scrobbler and no info for my profile, the music I'm listening to, or anything I scrobbled. And when I click on the tab for Friends it says "You haven't made any friends on Last.fm yet." when I obviously DO have friends on last.fm (43 to be exact).
So I was wondering if this has happened to anyone on here who uses last.fm or not ._.

The newest app is the worst shit ever. I downloaded it, puked and then I backed my files and refused the updates forever since. It would never scrobble anything and it sucked.

So it might be the app...

Response to Metal Hell 2013-06-30 21:18:44

At 6/30/13 08:40 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: The newest app is the worst shit ever. I downloaded it, puked and then I backed my files and refused the updates forever since. It would never scrobble anything and it sucked.

Yep thats exactly what its doing to me....

So it might be the app...

Yeah you're probably right about that then ._.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2013-06-30 23:17:56

At 6/30/13 06:25 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: If you say so. Out of the bands listed that's still more metal than Pink Floyd.

True story.

I will. That's part of the plan ;)

I expect a full review of the fest linked to my Facebook. :P

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature