00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Hopper0723 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Metal Hell

3,065,459 Views | 77,362 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Metal Hell 2013-04-03 02:49:42

At 4/3/13 02:02 AM, Viper50 wrote: Don't ask why (and please don't get mad or anything) but I also think Alexi Laiho is a tad overrated...that and you can land a fucking plane on his forehead o.O

Saying he is overrated pretty much means that you have more of a problem with his fanbase rather than with him (except if you think he acts like a pop-diva or whatever, like that Dave Grohl twat). The guy writes (or used to write) a good mix of power metal, melodic death metal and neoclassical music. His song-writing is very good, but I get what you mean. And lol for the part about the airplane.

I suppose I could give em another listen. But right now I can't say I like em all that much.

If you do, than listen to the album Follow the Reaper.

Response to Metal Hell 2013-04-03 08:14:15

At 4/3/13 01:48 AM, ElGhoulio wrote:
At 4/2/13 08:27 PM, Bahamut wrote: Ah well, that fun with Nickelback on MA came and went. It was the most amusing April Fools joke this year, even if it wasn't believable in the slightest. I almost fell for the response article, though.
They do that every year. I remember one year it was Korn.

That was 2009. Last year they put an FBI notice on the homepage. It would have got me except I managed to get around it anyway. At the time I was a regular poster on their forums so I'm sure I got around that easily that way.

On another note, Ghoul what's your other uses for contact than AIM? I recently pulled the plug on Trillian so I only now communicate on Skype and Facebook. If you wish to speak to me on either place for whatever reason, that would be swell.
Facebook. It's in my signature, I think. Add me. I'm on whenever I'm not working, studio, girlfriend, or what have you

Awesome, I've added you now!

Response to Metal Hell 2013-04-03 08:44:11

At 4/3/13 02:49 AM, HeavenDuff wrote: Saying he is overrated pretty much means that you have more of a problem with his fanbase rather than with him (except if you think he acts like a pop-diva or whatever, like that Dave Grohl twat). The guy writes (or used to write) a good mix of power metal, melodic death metal and neoclassical music. His song-writing is very good, but I get what you mean. And lol for the part about the airplane.

Yeah I suppose you have a point.
Also I'm only a little okay with Dave Grohl. But thats only because I like Nirvana (though I've been listening to them less than before so...yeah...). Don't really like Foo Fighters at all. And I liked his drumming on Songs For The Deaf.

If you do, than listen to the album Follow the Reaper.

Will do.

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2013-04-04 17:28:53

They released a short clip of a song from the upcoming Black Sabbath album.
It's only 27 seconds. But it still sounds pretty interesting.

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2013-04-04 17:34:30

At 4/4/13 05:28 PM, Viper50 wrote: They released a short clip of a song from the upcoming Black Sabbath album.
It's only 27 seconds. But it still sounds pretty interesting.

I think we can summarize it with Iommi being good, Ozzy being not so good. I wish they did a bit more beyond the huge number 13 on the album cover but I suppose Black Sabbath have always been hit and miss in that kind of department.

Response to Metal Hell 2013-04-04 19:21:08

At 4/4/13 05:34 PM, Bahamut wrote: I think we can summarize it with Iommi being good, Ozzy being not so good.

Well it is only 27 seconds. So who knows. Maybe the rest of the album will be better. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2013-04-04 19:37:44

You can't spell subtext without buttsex. | I control Psycryptik | Psycryptik controls your mind

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2013-04-04 21:58:19

At 4/4/13 07:37 PM, ElGhoulio wrote: https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/733850_354250998 026033_2035463787_n.jpg

I've seen that before, and it still makes me laugh :)

Accept - Guardian Of The Night

Response to Metal Hell 2013-04-04 22:30:10

At 4/4/13 09:58 PM, HeavenDuff wrote:
At 4/4/13 07:37 PM, ElGhoulio wrote: https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/733850_354250998 026033_2035463787_n.jpg
I've seen that before, and it still makes me laugh :)

Accept - Guardian Of The Night

It's funny because that's the font I'd imagine Rob's voice to be permanently stuck on.

Stars of the Lid -- Fucked Up (3:57 AM)

You can't spell subtext without buttsex. | I control Psycryptik | Psycryptik controls your mind

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2013-04-06 16:10:05

Besides the album In the Rectory of the Bizarre Reverend, which one would you Doom Metal fans say is the best Reverend Bizarre album?

Response to Metal Hell 2013-04-06 21:01:55

At 4/6/13 04:10 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: Besides the album In the Rectory of the Bizarre Reverend, which one would you Doom Metal fans say is the best Reverend Bizarre album?

Does this include EPs? Because they have EPs that exceed an hour in length.
The best Reverend Bizarre album to me is III: So Long Suckers. Mainly because it has my favorite song by them on it.

Anywhere Out Of This World.

And the best EP to me is Harbinger Or Metal. I would have gone with Return To The Rectory because it has Goddess Of Doom but Harbinger Of Metal has their cover of Dunkelheit

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2013-04-06 22:51:49

Actually, the only album by Reverend Bizarre I've heard is in the Rectory. My favorite song on that is Doom Over the World.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2013-04-06 23:14:31

Anyone here listen to Sunn (i can't make the symbol but its supposed to be a solid square) ]]]?
If not heres a thing by them. And no they're not like Sunn O))) and they both have said they're in no way connected.

At 4/6/13 10:51 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: Actually, the only album by Reverend Bizarre I've heard is in the Rectory. My favorite song on that is Doom Over the World.

But....thats off of II: Crush The insects ._.
You should listen to this playlist. Its the entire album III: So Long Suckers minus the song Mallorca but that song isn't even on YouTube for some reason.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2013-04-07 00:57:31

At 4/6/13 11:14 PM, Viper50 wrote: But....thats off of II: Crush The insects ._.

Oh yeah...So, I've heard two albums, then.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2013-04-07 16:32:38

Thanks for the answers, guys.
I've also bought Balls To The Walls by Accept recently. Great stuff :) I'm loving it!

Ulver - Waltz Of King Karl

Response to Metal Hell 2013-04-07 22:16:21

At 4/7/13 04:32 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: Thanks for the answers, guys.

So, yeah, I'd recommend II: Crush the Insects, cuz Doom Over the World is a freaking awesome song.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2013-04-07 22:22:30

Anyone here listen to the latest Black Pyramid album?
If so whats your opinion on it?

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2013-04-08 00:23:39

Just read the lyrics of The Four Horsemen by Metallica.

The Hoursemen are
Death
War
Famine
Conquest

right?...

And in some cases Conquest is replaced by Pestilence.

But... the way Metallica did it... wow... They have Death, Famine and Pestilence (so no Conquest) and they have also replaced War by... Time...

That's so un-metal... Can't believe I never realised this until now.

Metallica - Motorbreath

Response to Metal Hell 2013-04-08 00:36:17

At 4/8/13 12:23 AM, HeavenDuff wrote: Just read the lyrics of The Four Horsemen by Metallica.

The Hoursemen are
Death
War
Famine
Conquest

right?...

And in some cases Conquest is replaced by Pestilence.

But... the way Metallica did it... wow... They have Death, Famine and Pestilence (so no Conquest) and they have also replaced War by... Time...

That's so un-metal... Can't believe I never realised this until now.

Metallica - Motorbreath

This reminds me.
Anyone else hear about Metallica re-recording Kill Em All?

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2013-04-08 01:56:34

At 4/8/13 12:36 AM, Viper50 wrote: This reminds me.

Why the fuck would they do that? Are they going to George Lucas all over it?

Response to Metal Hell 2013-04-08 09:43:11

At 4/8/13 01:56 AM, HeavenDuff wrote:
Why the fuck would they do that? Are they going to George Lucas all over it?

I guess its because its the album's 30th anniversary this year or something....
I honestly don't expect it to be good at all. So I doubt I'm going to want to give it a listen, and if I do listen to it it'll probably just be out of curiosity.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2013-04-08 10:19:22

So, lately I've been craving some NWoBHM stuff lately. I only really have a handful besides the big three (Maiden, Saxon, Priest) so I was wondering if anyone had some recs.

Probably won't be nearly as good, but I'll check it out out of a morbid sense of curiosity.

Godzilla Film Fan Club

Proud Demon residing in the METAL HELL!

Lay down your soul for the god's rock n' roll!

Response to Metal Hell 2013-04-08 11:53:57

At 4/8/13 12:23 AM, HeavenDuff wrote: And in some cases Conquest is replaced by Pestilence.

Conquest? I know it as Death, War, Famine, and Pestilence.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2013-04-08 12:28:28

At 4/8/13 11:53 AM, Sense-Offender wrote:
At 4/8/13 12:23 AM, HeavenDuff wrote: And in some cases Conquest is replaced by Pestilence.

Same here.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2013-04-08 12:37:50

At 4/8/13 12:36 AM, Viper50 wrote: Anyone else hear about Metallica re-recording Kill Em All?

That was an April Fools joke...

Response to Metal Hell 2013-04-08 12:48:01

At 4/8/13 12:37 PM, Bahamut wrote:
At 4/8/13 12:36 AM, Viper50 wrote: Anyone else hear about Metallica re-recording Kill Em All?

Looks like I was fooled then.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2013-04-08 16:47:36

At 4/8/13 09:43 AM, Viper50 wrote: I guess its because its the album's 30th anniversary this year or something....
I honestly don't expect it to be good at all. So I doubt I'm going to want to give it a listen, and if I do listen to it it'll probably just be out of curiosity.

How different could it ever be anyway? Except it's probably going to have a white-washed production and lamer guitars leads and weak vocals.

At 4/8/13 11:53 AM, Sense-Offender wrote:

Conquest is replaced by Pestilence in some intepretations.

At 4/8/13 12:37 PM, Bahamut wrote:

Who made this up? :O

Response to Metal Hell 2013-04-08 17:00:50

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2013-04-08 22:55:12

At 4/8/13 05:00 PM, Viper50 wrote: Anyone wanna listen to the new Ghost album? ._.

Just added Opus Eponymus to my library, lol. Give me some time!

Alcest - Tir Nan Og

Response to Metal Hell 2013-04-08 23:08:16

At 4/8/13 10:55 PM, HeavenDuff wrote:
At 4/8/13 05:00 PM, Viper50 wrote: Anyone wanna listen to the new Ghost album? ._.
Just added Opus Eponymus to my library, lol. Give me some time!

Alcest - Tir Nan Og

Did you get the version with or the one without their cover of Here Comes The Sun?

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature