00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Daveman4298 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Metal Hell

3,070,269 Views | 77,367 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Metal Hell 2013-01-25 15:12:36

At 1/25/13 02:31 PM, Viper50 wrote:
At 1/25/13 02:00 PM, RyanRoxx666 wrote:
At 1/25/13 12:03 PM, Viper50 wrote:
At 1/25/13 11:22 AM, RyanRoxx666 wrote: Theocracy.
So....you listen to "White Metal"?
Power Metal*
I'll meet you half-way with this. They're Christian Power Metal.
And another name for Christian Metal is White Metal.

Yeah, you're correct there.

I don't really care about religion in music though, it's never bothered me. Some bands, take it too far, but I've listened to quite a few Christian bands, like RED, and would've never even noticed they were Christian until reading about it somewhere.

So yeah, Theocracy may be Christian, but I don't really mind, they're still Power Metal, and the religious beliefs of the band hardly affect their music at all, maybe a little lyrically, but they still have the themes and sound of every other Power Metal, not to mention an amazing guitarist.

Response to Metal Hell 2013-01-27 12:54:38

New Manilla Road song!!!

I've been waiting a while just to hear one full song online. Not only that, I've got Helloween's new album to get tomorrow so I'm already happy with metal in 2013 so far!

Response to Metal Hell 2013-01-27 13:34:41

At 1/27/13 12:54 PM, Bahamut wrote: New Manilla Road song!!!

Sweetness!

I've been waiting a while just to hear one full song online. Not only that, I've got Helloween's new album to get tomorrow so I'm already happy with metal in 2013 so far!

Shit....that already came out didn't it?

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2013-01-27 15:00:42

At 1/25/13 11:36 AM, FistofGreedo wrote: Cannibal Corpse,
GWAR,
Metallica,
Anthrax.
Trivium
Hammerfall,

Can you throw in a little 4 more bands ?

Response to Metal Hell 2013-01-27 19:47:59

At 1/25/13 02:31 PM, Viper50 wrote: And another name for Christian Metal is White Metal.

I think that term applies to black metal with Christian influence.

At 1/25/13 03:12 PM, RyanRoxx666 wrote: I don't really care about religion in music though

I believe Kekal used to have a big Christian influence in their music early on. And they've always been a brilliant metal band.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2013-01-27 20:16:39

At 1/27/13 07:47 PM, Sense-Offender wrote:
At 1/25/13 02:31 PM, Viper50 wrote: And another name for Christian Metal is White Metal.

Ah. I thought it mainly applied to other genres of metal where the bands had Christian influences....
Then again it doesn't really matter to me if they have "christian influences" I'd be okay with listening to some of it if I thought it was okay music. Hell Sleep had "Biblical Themes" in their lyrics I consider them one of my favorite bands.

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2013-01-27 21:25:33

new discovery

Twisted into Form

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2013-01-27 22:23:04

Anyone have any word on when the "new" Control Denied album is supposed to come out?

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2013-01-27 22:24:18

At 1/27/13 07:47 PM, Sense-Offender wrote:

It does. And I really can't think of any actual good White Metal... or just White Metal in general. What bands are considered WM ?

Response to Metal Hell 2013-01-27 23:08:42

At 1/27/13 10:24 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: It does. And I really can't think of any actual good White Metal... or just White Metal in general. What bands are considered WM ?

I don't know of any, but I remember Ryan saying that there was one that he thought was really good. I can't remember the name, though.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2013-01-28 09:55:09

At 1/27/13 10:24 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: It does. And I really can't think of any actual good White Metal... or just White Metal in general. What bands are considered WM ?

Believer is a prog/thrash band I really like. Overall, I think the term White Metal should not exist. It's just a term that allows for negative preconceived notations, makes you think the band sucks before you even listen to it. Plus, a lot of people use the term to denote bands that have Christian band members, which is even worse. Dumb term, doesn't even denote a band's sound at all.

Plus, I always thought white metal only referred to Christian black metal?

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2013-01-28 10:16:09

At 1/27/13 01:34 PM, Viper50 wrote:
At 1/27/13 12:54 PM, Bahamut wrote: I've been waiting a while just to hear one full song online. Not only that, I've got Helloween's new album to get tomorrow so I'm already happy with metal in 2013 so far!
Shit....that already came out didn't it?

It did but for some reason it was released a week later for the UK. Same shit happened with 7 Sinners. I can't fathom why this had to happen twice in a row now.

At 1/27/13 10:23 PM, Ganon-Dorf wrote: Anyone have any word on when the "new" Control Denied album is supposed to come out?

Keep dreaming, that album has become the new Chinese Democracy. :(

Response to Metal Hell 2013-01-28 11:19:51

At 1/28/13 10:16 AM, Bahamut wrote: It did but for some reason it was released a week later for the UK. Same shit happened with 7 Sinners. I can't fathom why this had to happen twice in a row now.

Ah okay. Maybe they wanted their UK fans to wait....I dunno ._.
Though the US had to wait 2 1/2 MONTHS for Black Masses to be released here....so...yeah....

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2013-01-28 12:11:16

At 1/28/13 11:19 AM, Viper50 wrote: Though the US had to wait 2 1/2 MONTHS for Black Masses to be released here....so...yeah....

Yeah, there's something about a lot of European releases that take a fucking eternity to be released in America. It's such a dumb business practice as those who will not wait will either import it from across the Atlantic Ocean or simply download it from the internet. You'd think they would have clicked onto that by now...

Response to Metal Hell 2013-01-28 12:47:05

At 1/28/13 12:11 PM, Bahamut wrote: You'd think they would have clicked onto that by now...

You'd think so. But apparently it hasn't dawned on them that they shouldn't take forever to release stuff in other parts of the world because people will just download it illegally. And as a result cost the label a ton of money for doing so.
I mean I could see a couple day delay being fine. Instead making people wait weeks if not months for an album to be released.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2013-01-28 19:42:36

http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Horde/3387
White metal or as you can see 'Black' Metal.

We're meat and that's it. So lets fuck it, fuck it, fuck it.

Minecraft: JuJitsuLipShitz

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2013-01-28 20:43:15

So....does anyone here listen to Love Sex Machine?

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2013-01-28 23:22:16

At 1/28/13 09:55 AM, Tobi wrote: Believer is a prog/thrash band I really like. Overall, I think the term White Metal should not exist. It's just a term that allows for negative preconceived notations, makes you think the band sucks before you even listen to it. Plus, a lot of people use the term to denote bands that have Christian band members, which is even worse. Dumb term, doesn't even denote a band's sound at all.

Well, Believer isn't "White Metal" then, as this term was made up to describe black metal bands with christian and anti-satanic messages. But I'm pretty sure it's never used to describe bands with christian musicians. That would be dumb as fuck...

Plus, I always thought white metal only referred to Christian black metal?

Yes it does.

At 1/28/13 07:42 PM, Anti-pie wrote: http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Horde/3387
White metal or as you can see 'Black' Metal.

Will have to check that out, I guess.

Response to Metal Hell 2013-01-29 00:39:24

Fratello Metallo

An Heavy Metal band, fronted by a christian monk. Oh well...

Response to Metal Hell 2013-01-29 01:02:04

About 3 years ago I found a really cool Christian atmospheric black metal band, but I can't remember the band name D: They said on their website that they disliked the term white metal, and that they felt that the term black metal described their music, apart from their lyrical themes of course, which if I remember correctly were mostly about the more mystical side of Biblical stories and whatnot.

Musically speaking, black metal can still be black metal without being anti-religious, but I'm sure there are plenty of black metal enthusiasts and musicians who would argue against such music being labeled as black metal because of the origins of black metal and all that. Like Tobi said, I get the feeling that the term 'white metal' is used most often as a way of saying 'fake black metal' or some other such negative meaning.

It made more sense in my head.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2013-01-29 01:05:30

At 1/29/13 01:02 AM, Tremulos wrote: Musically speaking, black metal can still be black metal without being anti-religious, but I'm sure there are plenty of black metal enthusiasts and musicians who would argue against such music being labeled as black metal because of the origins of black metal and all that. Like Tobi said, I get the feeling that the term 'white metal' is used most often as a way of saying 'fake black metal' or some other such negative meaning.

Nuclear Blast got life-threats after they released the first Horde album. Some black metal fans would ask the musicians names (who were anonymous, of course). Some bm fans take the nihilistic, anti-christian stuff very very very seriously...

Response to Metal Hell 2013-01-29 10:13:11

Black metal is defined by style, not lyrics.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2013-01-29 10:31:48

At 1/28/13 12:47 PM, Viper50 wrote: I mean I could see a couple day delay being fine. Instead making people wait weeks if not months for an album to be released.

Well that's always fine as different regions have different release days. Most of Europe is Friday while UK is Monday. I know America generally have new releases on Tuesdays. I much prefer the way UK do it and have them released at the start of the week. It's a way of brightening up Mondays.

And now I bring this to everyone's attention. AN OSTRICH SHOOTING LASER BEAMS!!!

What's next?

Metal Hell

Response to Metal Hell 2013-01-29 11:08:31

I'll just put this on the record saying that I admit that "white metal" comment was a bit of a dumb ass moment for me xD

At 1/29/13 10:31 AM, Bahamut wrote: And now I bring this to everyone's attention. AN OSTRICH SHOOTING LASER BEAMS!!!

What's next?

Thats fucking awesome!

Though I'd like to see a robot Platypus fighting a fire-breathing Iguana over a pit of lava.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2013-01-29 12:07:58

At 1/29/13 10:13 AM, Sense-Offender wrote: Black metal is defined by style, not lyrics.

And how are lyrics not affecting the style ?

Response to Metal Hell 2013-01-29 19:06:20

At 1/29/13 12:07 PM, HeavenDuff wrote:
At 1/29/13 10:13 AM, Sense-Offender wrote: Black metal is defined by style, not lyrics.

seriously? There's black metal out there about fucking trees. Of course it isn't the lyrics. It's the style.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2013-01-29 22:09:42

At 1/29/13 07:06 PM, Sense-Offender wrote:
At 1/29/13 12:07 PM, HeavenDuff wrote:
seriously? There's black metal out there about fucking trees. Of course it isn't the lyrics. It's the style.

Legitimate question. Why do you freak the fuck out ? Black metal is of course about the sound, but also about aesthetics. And some people would argue that these aesthetics (including the lyrics) have to be dark, nihilistic, evil, satanic, etc.

I'm not stating that this is my opinion, but why is it so obvious to you that the philosophy behind the music doesn't count when it comes to defining a genre ?

Response to Metal Hell 2013-01-29 22:46:55

At 1/29/13 10:09 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: why is it so obvious to you that the philosophy behind the music doesn't count when it comes to defining a genre ?

What ultimately defines black metal is a stylistic matter. The lyrics can be about anything.

for example

okay, more serious example(and a damn good band)

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2013-01-29 23:12:31

At 1/29/13 10:46 PM, Sense-Offender wrote:
At 1/29/13 10:09 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: why is it so obvious to you that the philosophy behind the music doesn't count when it comes to defining a genre ?
What ultimately defines black metal is a stylistic matter. The lyrics can be about anything.

for example

okay, more serious example(and a damn good band)

That's not a why :P

Response to Metal Hell 2013-01-29 23:28:15

At 1/29/13 11:12 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: That's not a why :P

I dunno what to tell you. Black Metal is a style, not a lyrical concept.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the new Azure Emote album coming out this spring. If you haven't heard these guys, then...

Clarity Thru Apathy

Cosmic Tear

Justified End

A new track from the album was released and it sounds pretty good.

And just as with their first album, Chronicles of an Aging Mammal, the artwork is quite cool.

Metal Hell

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature