00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ayya1 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Metal Hell

3,076,764 Views | 77,369 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Metal Hell 2012-06-04 15:02:33

At 6/3/12 09:37 PM, ElGhoulio wrote: In case of any tensed nerves here in the hell, and to provide comic relief, is a bunch of women cosplaying as Dethklok:

That can't be all women.

At 6/4/12 12:59 AM, ElGhoulio wrote: BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUCE man I missed you. You, Sense, Duffeknol/Schop Kont/Lamehorse/Kickass, Cows, Fuck, man, there's so many fuckers I haven't talked to in years since I got sent down the river, and it's great to hear from you again.

wow. memories. Duffy was the one who let me in here, back when he was a horseman.

At 6/4/12 10:07 AM, Tudordan wrote: You guys should try to listen to Control Denied (if it wasn't posted here),they are awesome with that bass.

Steve DiGiorgio, of Death fame.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2012-06-04 16:19:32

Man, taking a good stroll outside when the weather is chilly and the sky is filled with grey clouds while listening to The Mantle is beautiful.

Lost the love of heaven above, Chose the lust of the earth below

Eleven saintly shrouded men, Came to wash my sins away

Sig by Valjylmyr

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2012-06-04 18:02:24

At 6/4/12 10:07 AM, Tudordan wrote: You guys should try to listen to Control Denied (if it wasn't posted here),they are awesome with that bass.

Anything that is linked to Chuck Schuldiner was mentionned in here at some moment :)
Another nice project that died with Chuck... :'(

At 6/4/12 04:19 PM, CoCo wrote: Man, taking a good stroll outside when the weather is chilly and the sky is filled with grey clouds while listening to The Mantle is beautiful.

Definitely. Agalloch has such an immersive feeling, and they create the best nature-linked ambiences. I feel like doing just the same right now. Thanks to you !

Mastodon - The Sparrow

Response to Metal Hell 2012-06-04 18:07:13

At 6/4/12 06:02 PM, HeavenDuff wrote:
Anything that is linked to Chuck Schuldiner was mentionned in here at some moment :)

The band is supposedly trying to get their final recordings together and

Godzilla Film Fan Club

Proud Demon residing in the METAL HELL!

Lay down your soul for the god's rock n' roll!

Response to Metal Hell 2012-06-04 22:14:46

At 6/4/12 06:07 PM, Zodir wrote:

wat

You can't spell subtext without buttsex. | I control Psycryptik | Psycryptik controls your mind

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2012-06-05 09:08:50

At 6/4/12 10:20 AM, Zodir wrote:
At 6/4/12 07:12 AM, Bahamut wrote: My take on Venom is that while they might have given a little boost to get black metal up and running, the true start of black metal is with Bathory and such. Now that I see as early black metal as opposed to Venom. Anyway, can't debate too much as I'm having a blast with the new Kreator album.
I've listened to a couple tracks off YouTube, and it sounds pretty sweet. They have added a lot more melodic parts, but it works really well. And the thrash still kicks ass.

The stronger melodic elements is one to notice. They almost turn themselves into a power metal band here. It's crazy but it's damn good.

At 6/4/12 01:42 PM, Viper50 wrote: dont know if anyone else heard but Candlemass have officially parted ways with Robert Lowe

Well, the new vocalist won't have much to shine seeing as the new album is meant to be their last, unless they do a copout and make one with the new vocalist anyway.

At 6/4/12 06:07 PM, Zodir wrote: The band is supposedly trying to get their final recordings together and

I'm on the edge of my seat.

Response to Metal Hell 2012-06-05 09:15:42

At 6/4/12 06:07 PM, Zodir wrote:
At 6/4/12 06:02 PM, HeavenDuff wrote:

Oh, I have no clue what happened here. Anyways, apparently the vocalist has said that the band along with Chuck's estate are trying to get the final recordings together and release their unreleased album. It was supposed to be released in December of last year, but that never developed. Maybe they will release it, maybe they won't.

Godzilla Film Fan Club

Response to Metal Hell 2012-06-05 09:17:50

At 6/3/12 07:03 PM, ElGhoulio wrote:
At 6/3/12 02:44 PM, DeIirium wrote:
At 6/3/12 01:17 PM, ElGhoulio wrote:
At 6/3/12 07:09 AM, DeIirium wrote:
At 6/2/12 11:35 PM, ElGhoulio wrote:
At 6/2/12 07:50 PM, Tobi wrote:
At 6/2/12 06:33 PM, Sense-Offender wrote:
Venom weren't original at all. They may have invented the name, but they weren't black metal -- they were NWOBHM, which couldn't be farther from black metal. They were like motorhead with satanic lyrics, not black metal. Black metal didn't exist until Bathory -- and yes, I know Venom were first, but let's make a checklist:
Extremely raw feel -- Venom were raw, but no raw-er than other heavy metal bands at the time. Bathory, check. Venom, no.

Screeched vocals -- Venom's were barked, making them more like Savatage and Motorhead than anything extreme. Bathory, check, Venom, no.

Fast paced -- Venom were faster than average, but there were plenty of thrash bands around at the time that were faster. Bathory, check. Venom, no.

Dark atmosphere -- Venom, again, may have had satanic lyrics, but their music is about as dark as rainbows and butterflies. Again, Bathory, check. Venom, no.

Venom were the grandfathers of black metal. They carved out an evolutionary line in metal, branching off from NWOBHM, but black metal didn't come to be until the thrash influence kicked in, i.e., with Bathory.

I've been into metal for going on 12 years now and I'm also in college and am used to analytical thinking and just finished Physical Anthropology, which is about evolution. Applying that kind of thinking to metal, and Venom may have spawned black metal, but were they themselves black metal? No. Listen to Black Metal, then listen to The Return... by Bathory.

I rest my case.

What you are talking about here is black metal from the point of view of a person today. The things that now define black metal are different from 30 years ago. Venom were in their day the most extreme metal band with the most evil lyrics, and there were no bands which were doing the same thing. What they coined the style of music they played was Black metal. Venom created the original black metal sound and aesthetics and invented the name, thus they were the original black metal band and there's nothing wrong with calling them black metal now either. The style of music that Bathory played, and the style which emerged in Norway came later, and now those styles are what black metal is popularly identified as, but saying that Venom aren't black metal because their music doesn't contain most of its modern elements is wrong.

Response to Metal Hell 2012-06-05 15:25:58

this is starting to become my new favorite song :D
Stormy Monday

At 6/5/12 09:08 AM, Bahamut wrote:
At 6/4/12 01:42 PM, Viper50 wrote: dont know if anyone else heard but Candlemass have officially parted ways with Robert Lowe
Well, the new vocalist won't have much to shine seeing as the new album is meant to be their last, unless they do a copout and make one with the new vocalist anyway.

yeah you're more than likely right about that...even so i still can't wait for Psalms For The Dead :3

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2012-06-05 16:12:27

Agalloch is announcing their touring dates on their Facebook page.

Those are the dates they have already announced, but they will be adding some new dates every now and then :

Wed 7/11 in Portland, OR at Branx w/Eight Bells
Thu 7/12 in Seattle, WA at the Crocodile w/Eight Bells
Fri 7/13 in Vancouver BC at the Rickshaw w/Eight Bells
Sat 7/14 in Spokane, WA at The A Club w/Eight Bells
Sun 7/15 - TBA
Mon 7/16 in Bozeman, MT at Zebra
Tue 7/17 in Denver, CO at Bluebird Theater
Wed 7/18 in Omaha, NE at Waiting Room
Thu 7/19 in Milwaukee, WI at Miramar Theater
Fri 7/20 in Chicago, IL at Reggie's
Sat 7/21 in Ann Arbor, MI at Blind Pig w/Musk Ox
Sun 7/22 in Cleveland, OH at Beachland Ballroom
Mon 7/23 in Toronto, ON at Opera House w/Musk Ox
Tue 7/24 in Montreal, QC at Petit Campus w/Musk Ox
Wed 7/25 in Boston, MA at Middle East
Thu 7/26 in Brooklyn, NY at Williamsburg Music Hall w/Musk Ox
Fri 7/27 in Philadelphia, PA at Underground Arts
Sat 7/28 in Springfield, VA at Empire
Sun 7/29 in Raleigh, NC at King's Barcade
Mon 7/30 - OFF
Tue 7/31 in Tampa, FL at Orpheum
Wed 8/01 in Atlanta, GA at The Earl
Thu 8/02 in Birmingham, AL at Bottletree w/Pallbearer
Fri 8/03 in New Orleans at One Eyed Jack's w/Pallbearer
Sat 8/04 in Dallas, TX at La Grange w/Maleveller
Sun 8/05 in Austin, TX at Red 7
Mon 8/06 - OFF
Tue 8/07 - OFF
Wed 8/08 - TBA
Thu 8/09 in San Diego, CA at The Casbah w/Author & Punisher
Fri 8/10 in Los Angeles, CA at Echoplex w/Oskoreien
Sat 8/011 in San Francisco, CA at Great American Music Hall

------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------

I will see them on July 24th in Montreal :) Plus, I will get the chance to see Musk Ox again !!!

Response to Metal Hell 2012-06-05 22:57:43

At 6/5/12 04:12 PM, HeavenDuff wrote:

I shall have to go to that one.

In another note, is anybody into DHG (Dodsheimsgard's newer incarnation)? I just got into them, and they're what I have been needing moar of: industrial black-ish metal.

You can't spell subtext without buttsex. | I control Psycryptik | Psycryptik controls your mind

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2012-06-06 00:28:08

At 6/5/12 10:57 PM, ElGhoulio wrote:
At 6/5/12 04:12 PM, HeavenDuff wrote:
I shall have to go to that one.

I really hope we get to hear what they wrote for Faustian Echoes. Since the recording was completed back in March, I think we have good chances to see this new material live :)

John Cage - Music for Marcel Duchamp

Response to Metal Hell 2012-06-06 05:04:42

Moon of My Nights

I had forgotten how beautiful that track was...

Response to Metal Hell 2012-06-06 06:02:17

At 6/5/12 09:15 AM, Zodir wrote: Oh, I have no clue what happened here. Anyways, apparently the vocalist has said that the band along with Chuck's estate are trying to get the final recordings together and release their unreleased album. It was supposed to be released in December of last year, but that never developed. Maybe they will release it, maybe they won't.

It's becoming another Time at this point. I keep hearing they're meant to release it but it's always being pushed back. It's hard to get excited it for this when there's no clear sign of it coming out. I learned my lesson with Wintersun.

Response to Metal Hell 2012-06-06 13:06:22

I would love to hear someone combine these two tracks to make a doom/stoner song.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2012-06-06 13:14:58

At 6/6/12 01:06 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: I would love to hear someone combine these two tracks to make a doom/stoner song.

whoa Asterix as in Asterix, Obelix, and Dogmatix?
id love to hear this too :3

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2012-06-06 15:05:31

At 6/6/12 01:14 PM, Viper50 wrote:
At 6/6/12 01:06 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: I would love to hear someone combine these two tracks to make a doom/stoner song.
whoa Asterix as in Asterix, Obelix, and Dogmatix?

yep yep. I only knew about this one game as a kid, though. I found out later that it was a franchise and that game wasn't the only thing to it.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2012-06-06 22:30:19

Diablo Swing Orchestra just came out with Pandora's Pinata. I'm excited to give it a listen. If it's anything like DSO's previous works, then I'm in for one huge clusterfuck.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2012-06-07 02:23:14

At 6/6/12 03:05 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: yep yep. I only knew about this one game as a kid, though. I found out later that it was a franchise and that game wasn't the only thing to it.

In french-speaking countries they are rather well-known. Goscinny and Uderzo have created some of the greatest comic books ever. I own every single book they have released together. It is filled with intelligent humor, great stories, loveable characters, fantastic drawings and memorable moments.

I don't know if the translations are any good, but the original versions are masterpieces. I highly recommand you learn to speak french to fully appreciate these books. If you can't, just pick up a translated version and tell me what you think !

Response to Metal Hell 2012-06-08 14:37:35

Well, High on Fire pulled out of the Mayhem Tour. This sucks, cuz they were one of my primary reasons for going.

Godzilla Film Fan Club

Response to Metal Hell 2012-06-08 16:27:36

I just know that Jari Mäenpää wrote 5 songs with a band called "Immemorial" before being part of Ensiferum and Wintersun.
This is one of the songs, check it out: Immemorial - Fading Miracles

Metal Hell

The cold wind and the snow of this night, whips my heart of pure ice

My cold blood is running through my veins, but my soul burns like an everlasting flame

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2012-06-08 18:35:11

At 6/8/12 02:37 PM, Zodir wrote: Well, High on Fire pulled out of the Mayhem Tour. This sucks, cuz they were one of my primary reasons for going.

what D:
i was seriously planning on going to that because High On Fire was playing
i guess i'll wait to see who they're going to replace em with before i see if i want to go about getting a ticket and whatnot...
i mean they have a good reason for pulling out i suppose...i mean Matt Pike going into rehab for alcohol addiction is a good reason

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2012-06-08 19:54:56

Summer full of concerts, I like this. I got Marduk/1349 next week, followed by Iron Maiden in August and Devin Townsend in September. Fuck yeah.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2012-06-08 21:14:35

I wish more bands I like would play at the Chance or the Loft, which are both in Poughkeepsie. I'd be more likely to be able to make it there than NYC.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2012-06-08 23:32:57

I'll bee seeing Motorhead along with Anthrax, Slayer, and Slipknot (meh) in a few months. I really can't wait, I've always wanted to see them live. Anthrax are extremely good live as well. Slayer are good too, but I'll be going with family, so sadly there will be no moshing. Slipknot aren't nearly as terrible as people say (though I'd never listen to them on my own time), and I hear they do some pretty cool shit live with the dual kits. No matter what, Motorhead is the band I want to see. Better prepare the ear-plugs.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2012-06-09 14:24:24

At 6/8/12 07:54 PM, ElGhoulio wrote: Summer full of concerts, I like this. I got Marduk/1349 next week, followed by Iron Maiden in August and Devin Townsend in September. Fuck yeah.

Devy better treat that show well. He was damn generous with that Devin Townsend Project 4 nights in a row in London, even though I only attended Deconstruction. Encore consisted of songs from Punky Bruster which was an intriguing choice seeing as I never even listened to that album before.

Response to Metal Hell 2012-06-09 18:27:11

At 6/8/12 07:54 PM, ElGhoulio wrote: followed by Iron Maiden in August

Aww, yea. Where are you seeing them?

This is my signature. It is a nice signature.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2012-06-10 00:10:50

At 6/9/12 06:27 PM, jjjkuk wrote:

I'm from the SF bay area, so it'll be the Shoreline in Mountain View, homes.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2012-06-10 01:53:30

At 6/10/12 12:10 AM, ElGhoulio wrote:

Aw. I'm seeing them in LA. Oh, well. Horns up.

This is my signature. It is a nice signature.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2012-06-10 13:45:21

At 6/10/12 01:53 AM, jjjkuk wrote:
At 6/10/12 12:10 AM, ElGhoulio wrote:
Aw. I'm seeing them in LA. Oh, well. Horns up.

One thing's for damn sure: I don't care who's playing, I ain't driving 5 or 6 hours to get to a show.

BBS Signature