Be a Supporter!

Metal Hell

  • 1,671,344 Views
  • 78,777 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
HeavenDuff
HeavenDuff
  • Member since: Aug. 13, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 36
Melancholy
Response to Metal Hell Feb. 7th, 2010 @ 06:05 PM Reply

At 2/7/10 05:41 PM, AllMightyBruce wrote:
At 2/7/10 05:11 PM, D3NTATUS wrote: Wait, when you said NS, did you mean racist Neo-Nazi fucks or did you mean fascists and neo-fascists and all that?

I know people who are fascists and nationalists, but I don't know straight-up Neo-Nazis who believe in eugenics and all of that.
I know both, but the majority of them are nationalists and supremacist. I myself am nationalist but if what you are referring to as the neo-nazi fucks is what I was referring to about the idiots then yeah. They're worthless. The only real thing that I share with them is I'm anti semitic (from my own experiences, though not just because Hitler decided they were inferior) and I hate communism/communists. Also I hate ARA and organizations like that. For obvious reasons though.

Lol, you fucking facist. You hate an ideology that works for equality and justice in our societies. Maybe you can say communism is not very good. But I hope your not one of those Conservative pricks. The world is not going to get better with selfishness and capitalism if we don't start taking care of all the shit that is going on in the world and let the richest bitches drain all the ressources of our world and making poor people even poorest.
Read Jean Ziegler, that could help you understand a few facts about our beautiful world. But if you are not of those conservative elitist pricks, than just ignore my post :P

LaggingOut
LaggingOut
  • Member since: Jan. 1, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Metal Hell Feb. 7th, 2010 @ 06:25 PM Reply

At 2/7/10 06:05 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: Lol, you fucking facist. You hate an ideology that works for equality and justice in our societies. Maybe you can say communism is not very good. But I hope your not one of those Conservative pricks. The world is not going to get better with selfishness and capitalism if we don't start taking care of all the shit that is going on in the world and let the richest bitches drain all the ressources of our world and making poor people even poorest.
Read Jean Ziegler, that could help you understand a few facts about our beautiful world. But if you are not of those conservative elitist pricks, than just ignore my post :P

Loll so true...

By the way...does anyone know the band ''The Axis of Perdition'' Because I would like to know what you guyz think about it.


The problem in defense is how far you can go without destroying from within what you are trying to defend from without. ~Dwight D. Eisenhower

BBS Signature
Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Member since: May. 16, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 28
Movie Buff
Response to Metal Hell Feb. 7th, 2010 @ 06:47 PM Reply

At 2/6/10 12:19 PM, AkujinRuukasu wrote:
At 2/6/10 12:15 PM, AkujinRuukasu wrote: Way to let us know that you are indeed a troll. If you don't like any kind of metal, don't post here!
I apologize about that. Someone who listens to metal doesn't make him/her a metalhead per se.

If you'd like to join, please list ten metal bands you like, as I asked of you before. And they have to actually be metal.


one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell
sig by Jay11

BBS Signature
mothballs
mothballs
  • Member since: Nov. 16, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 37
Game Developer
Response to Metal Hell Feb. 7th, 2010 @ 06:58 PM Reply

At 2/7/10 05:47 PM, AniMetal wrote: Behemoth and Suffocation are both great bands(Behemoth is supposedly, but i've never listened to them)

NEVER listened to Behemoth? Man, you don't know what you're missing out on. Even if they are mainstream, they are awesome. The album Demigod is one of the greatest albums of all time.

HeavenDuff
HeavenDuff
  • Member since: Aug. 13, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 36
Melancholy
Response to Metal Hell Feb. 7th, 2010 @ 07:04 PM Reply

At 2/7/10 06:58 PM, mothballs wrote:
At 2/7/10 05:47 PM, AniMetal wrote: Behemoth and Suffocation are both great bands(Behemoth is supposedly, but i've never listened to them)
NEVER listened to Behemoth? Man, you don't know what you're missing out on. Even if they are mainstream, they are awesome. The album Demigod is one of the greatest albums of all time.

Can't understand why everyone is wetting their panties on this band...
They are very, but very generic in terms of riff construction and their musicians are not extremely outstanding in their skills to play or write awesome songs. Plus, their vocalist's perfomances are so unequal. On some records he sound like shit and on some others he rapes butts.

They are good, of course but place aside some great bands like Blood Red Throne, Panzerchrist and Benighted, they don't look that impressive.

TheSporkLord
TheSporkLord
  • Member since: Apr. 19, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Musician
Response to Metal Hell Feb. 7th, 2010 @ 07:06 PM Reply

So I've been listening to Insomnium all day and I'm really starting to dig their stuff. I still prefer Amon Amarth though. I think the two biggest hooks for me and metal is guitar and vocals.

I like Johan's vocals more, mainly because I can understand what he's saying.
And AA's guitar riffs are just so awesome and catchy.

In a numerical perspective. I'd say...

Amon Amarth 100/100
Insomnium 99/100


" Let the metal flow " - Chuck Schuldiner
GUITARISTS Awesome sig by Tateos.

BBS Signature
Nev
Nev
  • Member since: Jul. 23, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Metal Hell Feb. 7th, 2010 @ 07:50 PM Reply

At 2/7/10 05:41 PM, AllMightyBruce wrote: The only real thing that I share with them is I'm anti semitic (from my own experiences, though not just because Hitler decided they were inferior)...

So you don't like Seinfeld?
Or Curb!?

Jeeeeesus.

At 2/7/10 06:25 PM, LaggingOut wrote: By the way...does anyone know the band ''The Axis of Perdition'' Because I would like to know what you guyz think about it.

They're alright.
Though I only listened to them for a few minutes, but I saved them a playlist on Spotity that I do intend to listen to. But because of this the sounds I'm getting in my head whilst trying to think about them is actually those of Christoph de Babylon.

At 2/7/10 07:04 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: They are good, of course but place aside some great bands like Blood Red Throne, Panzerchrist and Benighted, they don't look that impressive.

My only knowledge of Behemoth was this video of 'Behemoth vs Lady Gaga' that a friend linked me to yesterday. And based on that I fucking hate Behemoth. It was shite. And I am letting my judgement of them be influenced by the shittiness of what the video maker tried to do, which to me screams of 'OH LOOK GUIZ ITS LADY GAGA WHOS POP LOL AND BEHEMOTH WHO R BLACK METUL LOL HOW KOOKY!!!'.

Also I like Lady Gaga and it wasn't nice on my ears hearing her catchy Pop being mixed with what sounded like a terrible band.
At 2/7/10 07:06 PM, TheSporkLord wrote: Amon Amarth 100/100
Insomnium 99/100

Those are some high scores. I must check these outs properly as it seems like I'm missing out on the absolutely pinnacle of music!

Also, Imogen Heap tonight was fantastic. If she was 10 years younger and in my pants, I'd be a happy man.

Or if she was just in my pants.

Metal Hell ## Guitarists ## Stand Up Comedy
PSN: Look-a-Hill
Somewhere Over the Rainbow

BBS Signature
HeavenDuff
HeavenDuff
  • Member since: Aug. 13, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 36
Melancholy
Response to Metal Hell Feb. 7th, 2010 @ 07:52 PM Reply

At 2/7/10 07:50 PM, Nev wrote:
Also, Imogen Heap tonight was fantastic. If she was 10 years younger and in my pants, I'd be a happy man.

So you really are not gay?

Nev
Nev
  • Member since: Jul. 23, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Metal Hell Feb. 7th, 2010 @ 07:59 PM Reply

At 2/7/10 07:52 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: So you really are not gay?

I'm incredibly ungay.


Metal Hell ## Guitarists ## Stand Up Comedy
PSN: Look-a-Hill
Somewhere Over the Rainbow

BBS Signature
Zodir
Zodir
  • Member since: Jul. 3, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Metal Hell Feb. 7th, 2010 @ 08:20 PM Reply

At 2/7/10 05:47 PM, AniMetal wrote: Behemoth and Suffocation are both great bands(Behemoth is supposedly, but i've never listened to them)

LISTEN TO BEHEMOTH!!!! I suggest Evangelion, Demigod, and The Apostasy. Three of my favorite albums of the 21st century. If you like death metal. Or black metal. Or blackened death metal, you will love Behemoth.


Godzilla Film Fan Club
Proud Demon residing in the METAL HELL!
Lay down your soul for the god's rock n' roll!

Lost-Thought
Lost-Thought
  • Member since: Jan. 15, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Metal Hell Feb. 7th, 2010 @ 08:36 PM Reply

At 2/7/10 12:37 PM, HeavenDuff wrote:
At 2/6/10 12:51 PM, Lost-Thought wrote:
At 2/6/10 03:28 AM, HeavenDuff wrote:
At 2/6/10 12:16 AM, Lost-Thought wrote:
Wow!
Your band sounds great!
I think all the guys from the Hell should check it out.

thanks man :D

Still you guys pretty much mix elements of different genres. Death, Heavy and you sound somewhat doomish to me.
Nice stuff :)

What instrument do you play?

I play guitar

Also, Extreme Metal doesn't exist.

I use it as sort of a broad term for the heavier genres of metal


Did you just put your balls on my sandwich?
Metal Hell

BBS Signature
AkujinRuukasu
AkujinRuukasu
  • Member since: Oct. 28, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Artist
Response to Metal Hell Feb. 7th, 2010 @ 09:01 PM Reply

At 2/7/10 08:20 PM, Zodir wrote:
At 2/7/10 05:47 PM, AniMetal wrote: Behemoth and Suffocation are both great bands(Behemoth is supposedly, but i've never listened to them)
LISTEN TO BEHEMOTH!!!! I suggest Evangelion, Demigod, and The Apostasy. Three of my favorite albums of the 21st century. If you like death metal. Or black metal. Or blackened death metal, you will love Behemoth.

I have to agree by far. I've listened to some of their songs, and they were brutal!
Anyway, has anyone heard if Dying Fetus or Vomit Remnants (if any of you've heard of them before) are recording or touring?


BBS Signature
AllMightyBruce
AllMightyBruce
  • Member since: Nov. 14, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Audiophile
Response to Metal Hell Feb. 7th, 2010 @ 09:20 PM Reply

At 2/7/10 06:05 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: But if you are not of those conservative elitist pricks, than just ignore my post :P

I'm not a conservative by any means. I just can't stand the ideals of communism. I feel that it makes status quo universally acceptable. A person should strive for excellence. I feel that man should be encouraged to do whats best for himself and not whats best for they guy down the street. My ideal society is one where everyone has the means to achieve their best and strive for it. I realize that's a fairy tale but meh.

Communism isn't for social equality. Not anymore. Not since Lenin. And even then there was an elite class. In most cases the working class suffered in squalor slaving away every day while the political elite sat cozy in their palaces ordering towns razed for collectivization.

And as for justice, with the secret police and the cults of personality how can there be justice? With all the ethical debacles and paranoia some people have estimated the death toll under Stalin to be as high as 50 million. Any dissent under them (Stalin, Mao and others) was repressed harshly. The killing fields in Cambodia, mass starvation during the Great Leap in China, executions of victims of the Great Purge, deporting minorities, ethnic cleansing, mass starvations(some of which are rumored to be arranged by the people's own government) in the USSR. How is that just?

I can't see humanity surviving like that. We evolve. Status quo will make us as people stagnate.

But that's just my point of view. If the communism you're referring to is different than the ones I am then perhaps those points don't apply.

Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Member since: May. 16, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 28
Movie Buff
Response to Metal Hell Feb. 7th, 2010 @ 09:29 PM Reply

At 2/7/10 09:01 PM, AkujinRuukasu wrote: I have to agree by far. I've listened to some of their songs, and they were brutal!
Anyway, has anyone heard if Dying Fetus or Vomit Remnants (if any of you've heard of them before) are recording or touring?

If you'd like to join, post your ten favorite metal bands or leave.


one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell
sig by Jay11

BBS Signature
AkujinRuukasu
AkujinRuukasu
  • Member since: Oct. 28, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Artist
Response to Metal Hell Feb. 7th, 2010 @ 10:30 PM Reply

At 2/7/10 09:29 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: If you'd like to join, post your ten favorite metal bands or leave.

Okay. Sorry I didn't see your reply to me before. Anyway, here are my ten favorite metal bands in no particular order:
-Dethklok
-Lamb of God
-Vomit Remnants
-Suicide Silence
-Arch Enemy
-Byzantine
-Cradle of Filth
-Children of Bodom (I know not all of you guys like it)
-Shadows Fall
-All That Remains


BBS Signature
TheSporkLord
TheSporkLord
  • Member since: Apr. 19, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Musician
Response to Metal Hell Feb. 7th, 2010 @ 10:32 PM Reply

At 2/7/10 07:50 PM, Nev wrote:

At 2/7/10 07:06 PM, TheSporkLord wrote: Amon Amarth 100/100
Insomnium 99/100
Those are some high scores. I must check these outs properly as it seems like I'm missing out on the absolutely pinnacle of music!

That was out of how much I like them, not how good or skilled they are.


" Let the metal flow " - Chuck Schuldiner
GUITARISTS Awesome sig by Tateos.

BBS Signature
greensucksbluerules
greensucksbluerules
  • Member since: Mar. 6, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 50
Movie Buff
Response to Metal Hell Feb. 7th, 2010 @ 10:54 PM Reply

The only Behemoth song I heard was Conquer All.

The riff was stolen from Anthrax's Be All, End All (hell, even the title is similar) and it soon became unbearable.


Sig by chris-092

BBS Signature
HeavenDuff
HeavenDuff
  • Member since: Aug. 13, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 36
Melancholy
Response to Metal Hell Feb. 8th, 2010 @ 12:46 AM Reply

At 2/7/10 09:20 PM, AllMightyBruce wrote:
At 2/7/10 06:05 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: But if you are not of those conservative elitist pricks, than just ignore my post :P
I'm not a conservative by any means. I just can't stand the ideals of communism. I feel that it makes status quo universally acceptable. A person should strive for excellence. I feel that man should be encouraged to do whats best for himself and not whats best for they guy down the street. My ideal society is one where everyone has the means to achieve their best and strive for it. I realize that's a fairy tale but meh.

Excellence? Yes, competition everyday all day? No. Competition is good but to a certain extent. So people are just not made for competition. Also, when you have very competitive sector of work or domains (can't say what's the correct concept) you tend to make yourself a very specific idea of what your perfect employe would be, but then you forget about other positive aspect of a personnality and what another kind of employee would bring to your enteprise. Also, capitalism as pushed the word towards individualism and "excellence" as you call it is a kind of selfishness. If you only try to get better and better all the time, you can't work with anybody else or consider anyone to be a real friend, because they could all become rivals. Individualism is created by the very competitive society we have. After a while of living like that, a normal human being will start to get depressed because even if he has a family and friends, he feels alone (I don't want to explain the whole thing because it's very complexe, but it's a fact that can be observed). Depression, suicide are like vultures flying over a human being living in a capitalist society. Not that competition is bad, but a company will always try to make even more profit, until the normal human being cannot take it anymore. Than drugs come in. We have to make gods out of humans, someone who can work faster, for longer periods of time and work better, sleep less to have more time to work. This is exactly the problem that Japan has right now. They call it Karoshi.

Everyone has to do their best, yes. But what if someone's best is not as good as yours? He will never be able to have a work, even if he his trying. Let's take the example of someone who has a mental deficiency (is this correct? :P). What can he do? He will never be able to work as fast and do efficient work like you do. What should we do with them? Hitler would say kill them. I would say, make them do some easier work and help them do something with their life.


Communism isn't for social equality. Not anymore. Not since Lenin. And even then there was an elite class. In most cases the working class suffered in squalor slaving away every day while the political elite sat cozy in their palaces ordering towns razed for collectivization.

You shouldn't confuse the ideology and tha man. Lenin isn't communism, Stalin isn't communism, they are just men, doing whatever they when in the name of an ideology.
I am not myself a communist, I think the system just couldn't work.


And as for justice, with the secret police and the cults of personality how can there be justice? With all the ethical debacles and paranoia some people have estimated the death toll under Stalin to be as high as 50 million. Any dissent under them (Stalin, Mao and others) was repressed harshly. The killing fields in Cambodia, mass starvation during the Great Leap in China, executions of victims of the Great Purge, deporting minorities, ethnic cleansing, mass starvations(some of which are rumored to be arranged by the people's own government) in the USSR. How is that just?

Communism has never existed, cause in communism there is no government. USSR was a failure. It's not communism that failed during the Cold War, it's the USSR... and so did China...


I can't see humanity surviving like that. We evolve. Status quo will make us as people stagnate.

Why do you think that communism would mean status quo?


But that's just my point of view. If the communism you're referring to is different than the ones I am then perhaps those points don't apply.

I do not believe in communism, social democracy is my heaven :)

At 2/7/10 08:36 PM, Lost-Thought wrote:
What instrument do you play?
I play guitar

Nice, the guitars are really heavy and sludgy in your music. I think it's great. You guys should start recording some of your stuff. I'd buy it :)


Also, Extreme Metal doesn't exist.
I use it as sort of a broad term for the heavier genres of metal

I guess I should just stop shitting on the word "Extreme". I guess what you say makes a lot of sense :P

AllMightyBruce
AllMightyBruce
  • Member since: Nov. 14, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Audiophile
Response to Metal Hell Feb. 8th, 2010 @ 01:35 AM Reply

At 2/8/10 12:46 AM, HeavenDuff wrote: I do not believe in communism, social democracy is my heaven :)

So Sweden?

AkujinRuukasu
AkujinRuukasu
  • Member since: Oct. 28, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Artist
Response to Metal Hell Feb. 8th, 2010 @ 02:09 AM Reply

At 2/8/10 12:46 AM, HeavenDuff wrote: Capitalism as pushed the word towards individualism and "excellence" as you call it is a kind of selfishness. If you only try to get better and better all the time, you can't work with anybody else or consider anyone to be a real friend, because they could all become rivals. Individualism is created by the very competitive society we have.

Amen to that, HeavenDuff! It seems that capitalism is ruining our society nowadays. Also, we have had too many corrupted employers and politicians, especially in the States. Don't get me wrong, but I believe in some aspects of individualism. However, many individualists end up becoming egotistical and, in some worst cases, avaricious. Avarice has financially killed us. Take Dick and Bush as prime examples.

After a while of living like that, a normal human being will start to get depressed because even if he has a family and friends, he feels alone (I don't want to explain the whole thing because it's very complex, but it's a fact that can be observed). Depression, suicide are like vultures flying over a human being living in a capitalist society. Not that competition is bad, but a company will always try to make even more profit, until the normal human being cannot take it anymore. Then drugs come in. We have to make gods out of humans, someone who can work faster, for longer periods of time and work better, sleep less to have more time to work. This is exactly the problem that Japan has right now. They call it Karoshi.

About drugs, I believe that drug industries take advantage of other people's beliefs, self-image, and disabilities. Because of recession, it seems that karoushi may become more common in the States.

Everyone has to do their best, yes. But what if someone's best is not as good as yours? He will never be able to have a work, even if he his trying. Let's take the example of someone who has a mental deficiency (is this correct? :P). What can he do? He will never be able to work as fast and do efficient work like you do. What should we do with them? Hitler would say kill them. I would say, make them do some easier work and help them do something with their life.

You are absolutely right! I can't agree with you more!


BBS Signature
Murray
Murray
  • Member since: Sep. 12, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 57
Audiophile
Response to Metal Hell Feb. 8th, 2010 @ 10:12 AM Reply

At 2/7/10 11:59 AM, TheSporkLord wrote: I don't care ( for the most part ) what genre something is. If it sounds good I'll listen to it. If not, I won't. I don't care if mothballs mixed death metal and melodic death metal.

I often give a damn about genres so I know what music is what and if I want more of progressive metal for example, I'll have a better idea on which bands to look out for. If we never had all these metal subgenres, I would have a hard time finding the right bands for me to listen to. I discovered Blind Guardian when doing some research on power metal after listening to DragonForce (bear with me on this one) and Helloween and I'm very thankful for finding them that way.


[ BBS / Icon / Portal Möd ] - [ Facebook - Twitter ]
Formerly Bahamut

Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Member since: May. 16, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 28
Movie Buff
Response to Metal Hell Feb. 8th, 2010 @ 12:47 PM Reply

At 2/7/10 10:30 PM, AkujinRuukasu wrote: Anyway, here are my ten favorite metal bands in no particular order:

not entirely metal, but good enough.


one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell
sig by Jay11

BBS Signature
AkujinRuukasu
AkujinRuukasu
  • Member since: Oct. 28, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Artist
Response to Metal Hell Feb. 8th, 2010 @ 12:49 PM Reply

At 2/8/10 12:47 PM, Sense-Offender wrote:
At 2/7/10 10:30 PM, AkujinRuukasu wrote: Anyway, here are my ten favorite metal bands in no particular order:
not entirely metal, but good enough.

Thank you.


BBS Signature
SomaGuye
SomaGuye
  • Member since: Aug. 22, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Melancholy
Response to Metal Hell Feb. 8th, 2010 @ 12:55 PM Reply

Off to see Decapitated and Kataklysm now.

Centurion-Ryan
Centurion-Ryan
  • Member since: Feb. 19, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Metal Hell Feb. 8th, 2010 @ 01:34 PM Reply

At 2/7/10 10:54 PM, greensucksbluerules wrote: The only Behemoth song I heard was Conquer All.

The riff was stolen from Anthrax's Be All, End All (hell, even the title is similar) and it soon became unbearable.

Wow, holy shit. They're exactly the same.


My PSN: Obilisk745
"Remember, licking doorknobs is illegal on other planets."
Add me on Steam! :D

BBS Signature
Centurion-Ryan
Centurion-Ryan
  • Member since: Feb. 19, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Metal Hell Feb. 8th, 2010 @ 03:09 PM Reply

Oh, and I got the new Heavenly album for my birthday.

Haven't listened to much of it yet, but I'm liking what I hear.

I'd also really like to know the story behind the cover art.


My PSN: Obilisk745
"Remember, licking doorknobs is illegal on other planets."
Add me on Steam! :D

BBS Signature
Murray
Murray
  • Member since: Sep. 12, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 57
Audiophile
Response to Metal Hell Feb. 8th, 2010 @ 04:47 PM Reply

Just wondering, who else here hates Metal-Archives' layout? Often when I'm reading reviews on there, my eyes go funny for a few minutes after moving away from the site and it's not really pleasant when this happen. Then again, what am I expect from a site that hasn't changed their layout since...ever.

At 2/8/10 03:09 PM, Centurion-Ryan wrote: Oh, and I got the new Heavenly album for my birthday.

Nice, I've yet to listen to Heavenly but when I'm up for listening to more power metal, they need to be one of the first bands I need to check out. I remember Ghoul praising this band a lot ages ago.


[ BBS / Icon / Portal Möd ] - [ Facebook - Twitter ]
Formerly Bahamut

mothballs
mothballs
  • Member since: Nov. 16, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 37
Game Developer
Response to Metal Hell Feb. 8th, 2010 @ 05:01 PM Reply

At 2/7/10 07:06 PM, TheSporkLord wrote: So I've been listening to Insomnium all day and I'm really starting to dig their stuff. I still prefer Amon Amarth though. I think the two biggest hooks for me and metal is guitar and vocals.

I find Insomnium more awesome. If you listened to the older albums, they're a lot better. I would say I look out for guitar and drums the most.

I like Johan's vocals more, mainly because I can understand what he's saying.

The vocalist of Insomnium (Niilo) is also the bassist, therefore Insomnium only has 4 members. That's pretty impressive, being that I liked Insomnium more than all other melodic death metal bands before I knew that.

I'm glad you gave them a try though man. Try Dark Tranquillity next, they're very good as well.

TheSporkLord
TheSporkLord
  • Member since: Apr. 19, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Musician
Response to Metal Hell Feb. 8th, 2010 @ 05:03 PM Reply

At 2/8/10 10:12 AM, Bahamut wrote:
At 2/7/10 11:59 AM, TheSporkLord wrote: I don't care ( for the most part ) what genre something is. If it sounds good I'll listen to it. If not, I won't. I don't care if mothballs mixed death metal and melodic death metal.
I often give a damn about genres so I know what music is what and if I want more of progressive metal for example, I'll have a better idea on which bands to look out for. If we never had all these metal subgenres, I would have a hard time finding the right bands for me to listen to. I discovered Blind Guardian when doing some research on power metal after listening to DragonForce (bear with me on this one) and Helloween and I'm very thankful for finding them that way.

I only use the broad genres. Like My friend Brian is a Black metal expert and I was asking him about Behemoth and Belphegor. He told me Behemoth is Blackened death metal and Belphegor is " supreme " black metal. What the hell is Supreme Metal? So I use more of the Heavy/ black/ death/ prog metal genres.


" Let the metal flow " - Chuck Schuldiner
GUITARISTS Awesome sig by Tateos.

BBS Signature
HeavyMetalMadman
HeavyMetalMadman
  • Member since: Jan. 12, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Metal Hell Feb. 8th, 2010 @ 06:17 PM Reply

Ya know the band 3 Inches of Blood really supprised me. They sound pretty heavy but they look like total dildos.