00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

BUNKUMBITCH just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Metal Hell

3,070,517 Views | 77,367 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Metal Hell 2010-05-27 20:22:44

At 5/27/10 08:10 PM, Nev wrote:
At 5/27/10 07:56 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: Not commercial? Dude... Fuckin Guitar Hero... Isn't that fucking commercial enough for you?
Not really. So he's wrote a song for it? So what? No one goes 'Oh whoa Buckethead I love him' its just 'Whoa Jordan is hard and I can play it. Go me!'
He's hardly commercial.

So why are DragonForce so dissed by ALL metalheads? I mean... they were not dissed before GH3 came out, but when all the teenage guitar heros started fapping over all of their work, then they became shit...

I don't think that Jordan is the only song that the GH kids like from Buckethead's discography. I wouldn't say that he's as commercial as some of the douchebags who got their songs on GH though.

At 5/27/10 08:13 PM, Zodir wrote: Are there any really good tribute albums that you guys enjoy? I really like A Tribute To The Beast Vol. 2. Any ones that I should check out that you guys enjoy?

Sadly, I do not really know of a lot of tribute albums. I know A Tribute To The Four Horsemen because of Therion... They play Fight Fire With Fire on it. Any good tributes I should check out?

Ahrimanic Trance by Wolves In The Throne Room

That's a fucking track you all need to listen to. Best Atmospheric Black Metal track EVER !!!

Response to Metal Hell 2010-05-27 20:33:30

At 5/27/10 08:22 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: So why are DragonForce so dissed by ALL metalheads? I mean... they were not dissed before GH3 came out, but when all the teenage guitar heros started fapping over all of their work, then they became shit...

DragonForce were always shit. Its just for the first few albums they were tolerable and enjoyable. But still shit. Buckethead's music isn't that accessible. I love the guy and I find it difficult just because of the sheer amount of stuff he has and the amount it would cost me if I start trying to collect his work :P.

Sadly, I do not really know of a lot of tribute albums. I know A Tribute To The Four Horsemen because of Therion... They play Fight Fire With Fire on it. Any good tributes I should check out?

Most of the tribute albums I've heard are creativity vacuums where people just try and copy the band in ever regard. Perfect as Cats seems pretty good as all the musicians put their twist on The Cure's stuff. But obviously thats not Metal.
Metal wise I've only heard Kerrang's Master of Puppets thing which was pretty cack. Mastodon managed to make Orion dull as fuck.

Metal Hell ## Guitarists ## Stand Up Comedy

PSN: Look-a-Hill

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2010-05-27 20:42:31

At 5/27/10 08:33 PM, Nev wrote:
Most of the tribute albums I've heard are creativity vacuums where people just try and copy the band in ever regard. Perfect as Cats seems pretty good as all the musicians put their twist on The Cure's stuff. But obviously thats not Metal.
Metal wise I've only heard Kerrang's Master of Puppets thing which was pretty cack. Mastodon managed to make Orion dull as fuck.

You think the bands are trying too hard to sound like the band they are covering?

That's weird, cause I've heard a lot of covers, and most of the time it comes out pretty well and the band stick to it's own sound while making a good cover of the band. But as for tributes... I don't know. Tell me what you think of this one.

Makes me think of something cool I wanted to ask you guys to do :O
Could you guys post links of good metal covers? It can be a cover of a non-metal band or artist :)
Links from YouTube would be good :)

Falling Snow by Agalloch

Response to Metal Hell 2010-05-28 02:33:05

At 5/27/10 08:42 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: Could you guys post links of good metal covers? It can be a cover of a non-metal band or artist :

Helloween's Metal Jukebox album is pretty much an album full of covers of non-metal songs. I really like their cover of White Room, but the rest, eh...

Response to Metal Hell 2010-05-28 04:29:59

This place is starting to move way too fast again.

Response to Metal Hell 2010-05-28 08:25:29

At 5/27/10 07:01 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: Somewhat similar to In Flames or Melodic Death Metal stuff...

Somewhat similar to Slayer or Thrash Metal stuff...

Now these recommendations are more like it!

At 5/28/10 02:33 AM, Dalnaki wrote:
At 5/27/10 08:42 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: Could you guys post links of good metal covers? It can be a cover of a non-metal band or artist :
Helloween's Metal Jukebox album is pretty much an album full of covers of non-metal songs. I really like their cover of White Room, but the rest, eh...

It's alright. There are a few interesting covers but some of them feel off. Still, I'd rather listen to that than Kerrang's Maiden Heaven "tribute".

Response to Metal Hell 2010-05-28 14:27:59

Oh, I discovered Behold the Arctopus one year ago with this video.. Lol.

Liberals defend the exploitation of man by man, Conservatives defend the reverse.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2010-05-28 14:50:44

At 5/28/10 04:29 AM, SpeedMetalSandwich wrote: This place is starting to move way too fast again.

Would you rather it be dead and rotting in it's grave at the end of the forum section?

Enter Thy Metal Hell

www.infowars.com Because There Is A War On For Your Mind.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2010-05-28 15:04:06

At 5/28/10 08:25 AM, Bahamut wrote:
At 5/27/10 07:01 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: Somewhat similar to In Flames or Melodic Death Metal stuff...

Somewhat similar to Slayer or Thrash Metal stuff...
Now these recommendations are more like it!

I know right :P
I just doubt the kid will ever listen to them :(

At 5/28/10 02:33 AM, Dalnaki wrote:
It's alright. There are a few interesting covers but some of them feel off. Still, I'd rather listen to that than Kerrang's Maiden Heaven "tribute".

Haha! I have to make a list of awesome covers with links :)
Not tribute things, but covers and shits :O

Response to Metal Hell 2010-05-28 15:39:50

At 5/27/10 08:42 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: Could you guys post links of good metal covers? It can be a cover of a non-metal band or artist :)

This.
And this.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2010-05-28 16:06:31

At 5/28/10 03:39 PM, Nev wrote:
At 5/27/10 08:42 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: Could you guys post links of good metal covers? It can be a cover of a non-metal band or artist :)
This.
And this.

Graveworm seems to be making a lot of covers. Am I right? They have a song named Fear Of The Darkand one named Losing My Religion :O

Response to Metal Hell 2010-05-28 16:08:33

At 5/28/10 04:06 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: Graveworm seems to be making a lot of covers. Am I right?

Yes.
And I linked to Losing My Religion...

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2010-05-28 16:15:26

At 5/28/10 04:08 PM, Nev wrote:
At 5/28/10 04:06 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: Graveworm seems to be making a lot of covers. Am I right?
Yes.
And I linked to Losing My Religion...

I know lol... Just realised that after I posted :P

Mandatory Suicide cover by Decapitated. Original song by Slayer.

Fame cover by Adagio. Original song by Irene Cara.

Detroit Rock City cover by Hammerfall. Original song by Kiss.

Funny thing is that these covers are better then the original songs... (except for Fame. I think the original was at least as good as the cover)

Anyway...
Hammerfall > Kiss
Decapitated > Slayer

Response to Metal Hell 2010-05-28 16:20:31

I'm on the road to hell and back.

And I need metal.

Because nobody can destroy the metal.

Now give me fucking metal suggestions.

Metal.

Metal Hell

Your friendly neighbourhood devils advocate.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2010-05-28 16:22:33

At 5/28/10 04:20 PM, ArmouredGRIFFON wrote: Now give me fucking metal suggestions.

Manowar.
Manowar.
And Manowar.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2010-05-28 17:16:57

At 5/28/10 04:22 PM, Nev wrote:
At 5/28/10 04:20 PM, ArmouredGRIFFON wrote: Now give me fucking metal suggestions.
Manowar.
Manowar.
And Manowar.

Rock, Drink and Fuck

Metal Hell

Response to Metal Hell 2010-05-28 17:55:37

After listening to Adagio covering Fame I have to say that Power/Prog bands should stop covering 80's Power Ballads. They just don't work, Angra have done one too and its dreadful. Adagio's was better, but still paled in comparison to the cheesey originals.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2010-05-28 18:21:10

At 5/27/10 08:33 PM, Nev wrote:

That is why I really enjoy a Tribute to The Beast Vol. 2. Each artist puts its own little spin on each song. Destruction makes Killers very thrashy, and it works. Graveworm does a great cover of Fear of The Dark with black metal vocals that fit well and some violin sections. Mago De Oz does a pretty good cover of a Strange World. Stuck Mojo and Devin Townsend do a nice cover Wraithchild, making it more aggresive and interesting. Sentenced does a version of the Trooper that is essentially on steroids. And Tankard also thrashes up Iron Maiden. I love this tribute album because each band does a pretty interesting version of each song, each adding their own little twist. If you ever get into tribute albums, try this one.

Godzilla Film Fan Club

Proud Demon residing in the METAL HELL!

Lay down your soul for the god's rock n' roll!

Response to Metal Hell 2010-05-28 18:38:38

At 5/28/10 05:55 PM, Nev wrote: After listening to Adagio covering Fame I have to say that Power/Prog bands should stop covering 80's Power Ballads. They just don't work, Angra have done one too and its dreadful. Adagio's was better, but still paled in comparison to the cheesey originals.

How is Irene Cara's Fame a Power Ballad?

Response to Metal Hell 2010-05-28 18:50:56

Anybody heard of a band called Nest?
It's a Finnish band that sounds a lot like Agalloch. I'm liking it a lot.

Response to Metal Hell 2010-05-28 19:05:15

At 5/28/10 06:50 PM, DeIirium wrote: Anybody heard of a band called Nest?
It's a Finnish band that sounds a lot like Agalloch. I'm liking it a lot.

They have a lot of free song on last.fm
I just downloaded them. I'll check them out later :)

Response to Metal Hell 2010-05-28 19:07:23

Behemoth are going to play in Portugal, with Exodus, Ex-Deo and Decapitated... I hope I get some money at time to buy a ticket to their concert. Fuck yeah!

Liberals defend the exploitation of man by man, Conservatives defend the reverse.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2010-05-28 19:09:01

At 5/28/10 07:04 PM, greensucksbluerules wrote:
At 5/28/10 04:15 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: Hammerfall > Kiss
Decapitated > Slayer
Bullshit.

The bass sounded like shit in the Hammerfall cover.

So what? Gene Simmons is a douche.

Decapitated is watered-down Nile.

Their fist album sounds nothing like Nile. In fact... only their most recent album sounds somewhat like Nile...
If you listen to Winds Of Creation and tell me they sound like Nile, your a crazy bastard.

Response to Metal Hell 2010-05-28 19:47:33

At 5/28/10 07:14 PM, greensucksbluerules wrote:
Exactly, they're turning into a watered down Nile. Except Decapitated is forgetting to put guitar solos in their songs.

I would not judge the quality of a band from their most recent release only. Their earlier work is still kick ass and it sounds nothing like Nile.

Response to Metal Hell 2010-05-28 19:52:55

At 5/28/10 06:50 PM, DeIirium wrote: Nest?

Woodsmoke and Trail of the Unwary are pretty good.

Response to Metal Hell 2010-05-28 20:03:48

At 5/28/10 07:52 PM, AllMightyBruce wrote:
At 5/28/10 06:50 PM, DeIirium wrote: Nest?
Woodsmoke and Trail of the Unwary are pretty good.

Are they even metal? More like Neofolk...

Response to Metal Hell 2010-05-28 21:05:41

anyone heard of these guys?

i just discovered them by accidentally clicking the song while listening to something somebody posted

Beyond Groovy.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2010-05-28 23:29:23

At 5/28/10 07:07 PM, TheUnwisePoet wrote: Behemoth are going to play in Portugal, with Exodus, Ex-Deo and Decapitated... I hope I get some money at time to buy a ticket to their concert. Fuck yeah!

nice :) i saw behemoth in january of this year in seattle at el corrazon. most amazing show ever imo.being right up by the stage and able to touch orion at anytime was freaken awesome. wish i could go to this too.

How come we're still alive? In these kingdoms of filth, when heaven's so abstract and hell is so real...

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2010-05-29 00:10:40

At 5/28/10 02:50 PM, smeagol1 wrote:
At 5/28/10 04:29 AM, SpeedMetalSandwich wrote: This place is starting to move way too fast again.
Would you rather it be dead and rotting in it's grave at the end of the forum section?

No, it's cool how it is now, like it used to be. 3-4 new pages every day.

Response to Metal Hell 2010-05-29 06:58:40

I just listened to the album "Barriers and Passages" from Dysrythmia, a Technical Progressive Metal band, but I think sometimes they sound very Rock, and ambiental, some musics made me remember Tortoise, what makes them awesome is that Colin Marston, from Behold... The Arctopus, is their bassist... Anyway, I didn't like it very much, it was not catchy, the musics just kept playing and nothing really hold my attention... Anyway they're good musicians... And the drums are very good.
I will give them a slim 6/10, only because of their good musicianship.

BBS Signature