00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

OPREA just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Metal Hell

3,072,494 Views | 77,367 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Metal Hell 2009-04-07 17:06:13

I'm in i guess....

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2009-04-07 17:07:48

At 4/7/09 04:59 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: lol. wow, you guys.

I find myself saying that a lot these days.

?

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2009-04-07 17:25:52

At 4/7/09 05:06 PM, SILENTMASSACRE389 wrote: I'm in i guess....

10 metal bands and wait approval from one of the 'horsemen'

Minion of the Metal Hell

Last.fm/Steam ID

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2009-04-07 18:15:33

At 4/7/09 02:54 PM, burnoutfool wrote:
At 4/7/09 02:50 PM, Gewglz wrote: Can I join the club? : D
list ten bands and wait for a horsemen to get back to you...how many times must we say this?

it's not written in the first post of the Hell that you have to do so... and I do not excpect someome to read through the 20 last pages before saying they would like to join, so just stop complainning dude...

I'm looking for some more ambient stuff guys.
I've listenned to Agalloch for a while now and I would be interrested in anything that may sound like their stuff :)

Response to Metal Hell 2009-04-07 19:22:24

At 4/7/09 04:28 PM, DeuteronomySkulls wrote: Thanks for recommending Deicide guys, listening to Legion right now; Trifixion makes me want to punch somebody in the face...in a good way

Much better Deicide song
Their latest Music Video...gotta say its good

Death is only the Beginning. Death is all that is real. Heliosohophism.

Response to Metal Hell 2009-04-07 19:36:14

smeagol, don't you fucking start the viking debate again. One of you dickheads has to bring it up once a month or something.

Shameless plug: Melvins.

All right, you guys need to look into/check out (the) Melvins, the forefathers of sludge metal who are still going strong today. Their albums range from drone (Lysol) to crossover (Ozma, Gluey Porch Treatments), to sludge (the Maggot), to stoner rock/metal (Stoner Witch, Houdini, Stag) to pure avant-garde metal (a Senile Animal, Nude with Boots, Hostile Ambient Takeover).

The Talking Horse (from A Senile Animal)Bar-X-The Rocking M

Revolve

The Bit/Black Stooges

Joan of Arc (featuring Mike Patton)

Here I am, bored with everything.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2009-04-07 20:23:34

So, I'm also a n00b or what? :P

Gojira is such a cool band...

Response to Metal Hell 2009-04-07 20:36:47

At 4/7/09 08:23 PM, Piromano wrote: So, I'm also a n00b or what? :P

Nope, your stats look up to date. But really, since when did stats determine anything, quality of posting is what tells you if someones a noob or not.

In metal news today, Municipal Waste is delicious driving music, and draws curious looks from old people in cars next to me.

Response to Metal Hell 2009-04-07 20:43:01

At 4/7/09 06:15 PM, HeavenDuff wrote:
At 4/7/09 02:54 PM, burnoutfool wrote:
At 4/7/09 02:50 PM, Gewglz wrote: Can I join the club? : D
list ten bands and wait for a horsemen to get back to you...how many times must we say this?

it's not written in the first post of the Hell that you have to do so... and I do not excpect someome to read through the 20 last pages before saying they would like to join, so just stop complainning dude...

I'm looking for some more ambient stuff guys.
I've listenned to Agalloch for a while now and I would be interrested in anything that may sound like their stuff :)

Definetly look up Shining (the band)-they are called black metal by some but most of their songs are actually more atmospheric and just downright depressing

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2009-04-07 20:46:04

At 4/7/09 08:43 PM, DeuteronomySkulls wrote: Definetly look up Shining (the band)-they are called black metal by some but most of their songs are actually more atmospheric and just downright depressing

listen to this man

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ka3YQdNhR bk

Minion of the Metal Hell

Last.fm/Steam ID

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2009-04-07 21:08:43

At 4/7/09 08:43 PM, DeuteronomySkulls wrote: Definetly look up Shining (the band)-they are called black metal by some but most of their songs are actually more atmospheric and just downright depressing

well are you looking for Ambient black metal or Depressive Black metal?

Great Atmospheric Black Metal Band - Drudkh
Great Depressive Black Metal Band - Thy Light

Response to Metal Hell 2009-04-07 21:38:36

Turisas is fucking epic! It makes me want to go stab shit

Response to Metal Hell 2009-04-07 21:39:41

At 4/7/09 09:38 PM, Reduxx wrote: Turisas is fucking epic! It makes me want to go stab shit

I don't why, I really don't see anything very good in their music.

Oh well, enjoy your battle metal.

Lololol.

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2009-04-07 21:42:31

At 4/7/09 09:39 PM, AniMetal wrote:
At 4/7/09 09:38 PM, Reduxx wrote: Turisas is fucking epic! It makes me want to go stab shit

Neither do I...they sound like a Finntroll knockoff to me...well if Finntroll and Tyr got together and made a band...

Response to Metal Hell 2009-04-07 21:45:22

At 4/7/09 09:42 PM, burnoutfool wrote: if Tyr got together and made a band...

You're right, that would be an epic band if that happened.

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2009-04-07 21:51:39

At 4/7/09 09:39 PM, AniMetal wrote:

Oh well, enjoy your battle metal.

Lololol.

it's the fact that they are much better live than they are on album. I watch videos of them live instead of listening to the albums

Response to Metal Hell 2009-04-07 21:54:48

At 4/7/09 09:45 PM, AniMetal wrote:
At 4/7/09 09:42 PM, burnoutfool wrote: if Tyr got together and made a band...
You're right, that would be an epic band if that happened.

lol, folk metal-wise I really only like Finntroll, Ensiferum, and Korpiklaani...and I guess Agalloch, tho their more concidered folk/doom.

Response to Metal Hell 2009-04-07 21:55:50

i dgaf what the others think, One More is one of my favorite songs, ever. My friends and I listen to it to get pumped, or when we're already pumped, or after doing cool shit, or just whenever. We actually invented a dance of sorts to go along with it; you sit in a chair or something similar, put your left hand on your left thigh and your right fist in front of you, about shoulder level, and bob it up and down, while looking down at the ground in concentration.

Response to Metal Hell 2009-04-07 22:00:12

At 4/7/09 09:55 PM, D3NTATUS wrote:
i dgaf what the others think, One More is one of my favorite songs, ever. My friends and I listen to it to get pumped, or when we're already pumped, or after doing cool shit, or just whenever.

One More is an awesome drinking song. Along with Korpiklaani's beer beer and sonata arctica's vodka :)

Response to Metal Hell 2009-04-08 01:59:07

At 4/7/09 07:36 PM, Idiosyncratic wrote: All right, you guys need to look into/check out (the) Melvins

I did.

Houdini

I should listen to it again. I listened to it once a while back but it turned me off for reasons I can't even remember anymore. Godflesh turned me off on first listen too but Streetcleaner grew on me immensely once I listened to it a second time.

?

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2009-04-08 02:10:35

At 4/7/09 08:46 PM, Charon wrote:
listen to this man

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ka3YQdNhR bk

pretty cool :P

I'll check them out tomorrow.

I think they really fail at trying to be epic...

and battle metal? are you serious?
it just makes me think about ridiculous sub-genres created by retarded bands like Finntroll :P

At 4/7/09 09:54 PM, burnoutfool wrote:
lol, folk metal-wise I really only like Finntroll, Ensiferum, and Korpiklaani...and I guess Agalloch, tho their more concidered folk/doom.

Korpiklaani are beyond laughable... they just sound like a fucking joke.

my favorite folk metal bands includes Equilibrium, Finsterforst, Enslaved and Nomans Land
if you don't already know them, you should check them out.

Response to Metal Hell 2009-04-08 07:06:41

At 4/8/09 02:10 AM, HeavenDuff wrote: Korpiklaani are beyond laughable... they just sound like a fucking joke.

I hope you mean that in a good way.

I love listening to Korpiklaani while driving with mates or having a bit of a drink.

They aren't meant to be taken seriously.

This signature makes use of various clichés and/or 'emotional' lyrics/quotes, hopefully it makes me appear deep.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2009-04-08 07:40:52

At 4/8/09 07:06 AM, Oppugnant wrote:
At 4/8/09 02:10 AM, HeavenDuff wrote: Korpiklaani are beyond laughable... they just sound like a fucking joke.
They aren't meant to be taken seriously.

If you think about it, most music isn't supposed to be taken seriously. It's just artistic or personal expression. And for metal, the lead singer of some death metal band won't go out and skin a man alive. There's so many different sub genres of metal, especially extreme metal, that is hardly real.

Response to Metal Hell 2009-04-08 07:43:28

I wouldn't say 'epic'.

I'd say 'catchy'.

My PSN: Obilisk745

"Remember, licking doorknobs is illegal on other planets."

Add me on Steam! :D

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2009-04-08 07:58:11

What an awesome set of Birthday presents I got yesterday:

Iron Maiden - Number of the Beast
Iron Maiden - Fear of the Dark
Metallica - Master of Puppets

Three damned fine albums that I'm really going to enjoy listening to >:D

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2009-04-08 08:45:40

At 4/7/09 04:59 PM, Sense-Offender wrote:
At 4/7/09 06:45 AM, Bahamut wrote: Say, does the Metal Hell still have that policy where non-Horsemen cannot comment on each and every band on recruiting members' lists?
I just want people like burnout to stop going "NO!" whenever someone trying to join posts a band that's metal, but they don't like it. I think it sends the wrong message to new members.

That as well has been bugging me. I mean, anyone's free to hate Metallica all they want, but they should never say NO on the recruiting lists simply because their earlier works ARE metal. This is what really annoys me about numerous metalheads, they'll declare something as "Not metal" if they hate it, even if IS metal.

At 4/8/09 07:58 AM, Coop83 wrote: What an awesome set of Birthday presents I got yesterday:

Iron Maiden - Number of the Beast
Iron Maiden - Fear of the Dark
Metallica - Master of Puppets

Two awesome albums and one not as great album (i.e. Fear of the Dark). Soon, I recommend getting any other of the seven first Maiden albums you don't own. :D

Response to Metal Hell 2009-04-08 09:00:58

At 4/8/09 08:45 AM, Bahamut wrote: Two awesome albums and one not as great album (i.e. Fear of the Dark). Soon, I recommend getting any other of the seven first Maiden albums you don't own. :D

I quite like what I've heard so far on it. That and Fear of the Dark is one of my favourite Maiden songs, especially the live one they did in Dortmund, which is on Edward the Great.

From your recommendations, I still have Killers, Piece of Mind, Powerslave and Seventh Son of a Seventh Son still to buy before I can call my collection anywhere near complete.

What's your favourite Iron Maiden and Metallica albums?

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2009-04-08 09:06:44

At 4/8/09 09:00 AM, Coop83 wrote: What's your favourite Iron Maiden and Metallica albums?

Iron Maiden - self-titled, The Number of the Beast, Piece of Mind and Powerslave
Metallica - Ride the Lightning and Master of Puppets

I know you have The Number of the Beast and Master of Puppets, but as for the other albums, I assume you have self-titled and Somewhere in Time along with Kill 'em All. I recommend getting Piece of Mind and Ride the Lightning next.

Response to Metal Hell 2009-04-08 09:16:31

At 4/8/09 09:00 AM, Coop83 wrote: What's your favourite Iron Maiden and Metallica albums?

Number Of The Beast, Powerslave

Ride The Lightning, Kill 'Em All, Master Of Puppets, ...And Justice For All

prepares for onslaught of 'NONE COS METALLICA'S SHIT LOLOLOLOL'

Response to Metal Hell 2009-04-08 09:25:45

My favorite Iron Maiden album used to be Piece of mind, but i listened to it too much, and now i like Somewhere in time better. It just has a great atmosphere, and it has some underrated songs on it, like Deja Vu.
With Metallica, the first 4 albums are very consistent, so its hard to say which is the best, but at the moment i´d go with ...And justice for all.