00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Thatgooner just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Metal Hell

3,077,968 Views | 77,369 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Metal Hell 2007-08-22 04:23:13

At 8/21/07 03:08 PM, CowsCanBark wrote:
At 8/21/07 02:58 PM, Goatchrist wrote:

Mr. Silver has recently returned as well, if you remember him. Other members you might still know are AllMightyBruce, Ghoul and ShitOnAStick. Charon and Nev could also be a part of your memory :)
Yes, I remember them. Coolio

You also remember me.

Coz I'm PenisClown.

You know, the loveable rascal.

Metal Hell.

Pill pop a dope a well run general hash pump a gonna led.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2007-08-22 04:25:17

At 8/22/07 01:12 AM, D3NTATUS wrote:
At 8/22/07 12:53 AM, Mr-Silv3r wrote:
And whats with the hate of Metalcore these days huh?
What I've gathered is it's not really a hate for metalcore, but hatred for Avenged Sevenfold and shit like that. and then metalcore by association.

To be honest, I can't actually remember any Avenged Sevenfold songs, although I'm sure I've heard some. Maybe that's a blessing. I mostly brought up the point because I was listening to Shadowsfall's Of One Blood and The Art of Balance today driving to and from uni, and I really enjoyed it. They're the band I use to win arguments with my parents that what I listen to is all just "fuck this, fuck that, kill, hate the world blah blah blah" ever since I started ignoring Killswitch Engage for their emo-ness (Previously I used Vide Infra/Nfra as a reference).

Oh. Your. God.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2007-08-22 05:14:38

At 8/22/07 12:53 AM, Mr-Silv3r wrote: And whats with the hate of Metalcore these days huh? Wheres the love for Caliban and Heaven Shall
Burn? Or even Shadowsfall (although I will concede that starting with The War Within they have been
somewhat tedious).

Its the Metalcore like I Killed The Prom Queen, It Dies Today, Bleeding Through etc etc. They all sound the same and use the same retarded riffs over and over. The lyrics too, they sound like a 14 year old emo bitch should be screaming them at her mother.

And also jarrydn kindly started up Club solely for the discussion of Metalcore and Nu-Metal.

This signature makes use of various clichés and/or 'emotional' lyrics/quotes, hopefully it makes me appear deep.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2007-08-22 05:39:12

At 8/22/07 05:14 AM, Oppugnant wrote: I Killed The Prom Queen

I've seen them live.

It was horrible.

Metal Hell.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2007-08-22 05:52:44

At 8/21/07 09:16 PM, TakeNoPrisoners wrote: Symphonic Black

Dark Fortress
Limbonic Art
Emperor

Anyone else here into Falconer? i have been for a while but ive only had the one album and i got their first album yesterday and i really love it, for power metal fans looking for something a little different i would really recommend them :)

Minion of the Metal Hell

Last.fm/Steam ID

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2007-08-22 06:17:03

At 8/22/07 12:53 AM, Mr-Silv3r wrote: Rammstein

They aren't any kind of metal my friend, that's why they aren't discussed here.

And whats with the hate of Metalcore these days huh? Wheres the love for Caliban and Heaven Shall Burn? Or even Shadowsfall (although I will concede that starting with The War Within they have been somewhat tedious).

Well, those Metalcore bands are perfectly acceptable. Like Oppugnant said, bands like those he mentioned have barely any metal influences at all, while especially Heaven Shall Burn are more metal than core, by far.

Btw, nice to get some new members. Welcome :)

Response to Metal Hell 2007-08-22 06:25:20

At 8/22/07 05:39 AM, PenisClown wrote:
At 8/22/07 05:14 AM, Oppugnant wrote: I Killed The Prom Queen
I've seen them live.

It was horrible.

A friend of mine is good friends with their lead singer.

Did you see them when they were the intro act for The Haunted when they were touring over here? I talked to one of their members during some of the downtime, seemed like an alright guy, but yes, the music did get tedious, not nearly as tedious as Exodus though, it all sounded exactly the same to me. God standing in that line hearing "Oh man, it should be Exodus with The Haunted as the intro act hur hur hurrr" made me want to do some serious stabbing.

I also met the lead singer from Hyperion that night. It wasn't nearly as exciting as he wished it would be.

Oh. Your. God.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2007-08-22 06:27:50

Listening to metalcore for me is like inserting a flaming match into my ears. It's awkward at first, then, slowly, starts to burn, and if it isn't taken out soon enough my whole head will be on fire and I will die a painful death.

Metal Hell.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2007-08-22 06:40:25

At 8/22/07 06:27 AM, PenisClown wrote: Listening to metalcore for me is like inserting a flaming match into my ears. It's awkward at first, then, slowly, starts to burn, and if it isn't taken out soon enough my whole head will be on fire and I will die a painful death.

For me, Listening to metalcore is like breaking every single one of my teeth out, But leaving the exposed nerves left, Then start FILING DOWN ON THEM with a rusty nail file.
It's painful.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2007-08-22 07:47:44

And theres my point made about the hatred of metalcore/deathcore.

Onto another topic: I spent seriously about 4 hours last night trying to remember a Dimmu Bogir album title (as we always use crazy names for our trivia teams) all I could remember was Quandary.

It was, of course, the Corporate Jigsaw.

Oh. Your. God.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2007-08-22 08:23:15

I think some metalcore is alright, but im only talking about very little that I have heard (which may not be proper metalcore for all I know).
I think some of the guitar squeals are awesome.

But if most metalcore is like Trivium then it must suck.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2007-08-22 08:46:15

At 8/22/07 07:47 AM, Mr-Silv3r wrote: And theres my point made about the hatred of metalcore/deathcore.

im not a massive fan, i really dont like the metalcore guitar "bounce" (which can often be found in groove as well which i am also not a fan of, or are they the same thing)

Minion of the Metal Hell

Last.fm/Steam ID

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2007-08-22 08:56:25

At 8/22/07 08:46 AM, Charon wrote:
im not a massive fan, i really dont like the metalcore guitar "bounce" (which can often be found in groove as well which i am also not a fan of, or are they the same thing)

If you're talking about what I think you are, You would hate my guitar style, But I'm not sure, If you mean Breakdowns, I don't do that.

Also, What's up with yer sig?
Did I start a fad?

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2007-08-22 09:05:08

At 8/22/07 08:56 AM, Kiddmeizter wrote: Also, What's up with yer sig?
Did I start a fad?

well i was tempted after seeing that you got complaints if i would and i havent :P

and for guitar style play Lamb of God - Foot to the Throat thats what i mean by the bounce

Minion of the Metal Hell

Last.fm/Steam ID

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2007-08-22 10:32:52

At 8/22/07 07:47 AM, Mr-Silv3r wrote: And theres my point made about the hatred of metalcore/deathcore.

I enjoy deathcore; bands like Despised Icon, All Shall Perish, and some The Black Dahlia Murder are awesome. As for metalcore, I hate the shit like Killswitch Engage, As I Lay Dying, ect. ect. IT ALL SOUNDS THE SAME!! A few metalcore bands I DO enjoy are Summers End (none of that pussy emo-singing shit), Between the Buried and Me, God Forbid are ok, as are Shadows Fall, but both of them aren't pure metalcore, Heaven Shall Burn...eh that's all I can think of.

Response to Metal Hell 2007-08-22 10:41:18

At 8/22/07 12:53 AM, Mr-Silv3r wrote: So when did this thread go from a tolerance of those just starting to be into metal (it was founded by someone in that very state, aint that right freaker, i mean headbanger i mean goatchrist), and being pure death / black / extreme metal oriented.

I agree, if we never accept people who are just getting into metal, the person probably wont want to pursue metal unless they're accepted. like when i joined, i was just getting into metal and my band list was only 10 bands. here's my new list.

Amon Amarth
Anthrax
Behemoth
Black Sabbath
Blind Guardian
Cannabis Corpse
Cannibal Corpse
Cattle Decapitation
Damageplan
Dream Evil
Dream Theater
Exodus
GWAR
Iron Maiden
Job For a Cowboy
Judas Priest
Kalmah
Korpiklaani
Kreator
Macabre
Manowar
Mayhem
Megadeth
Metallica (old)
Motorhead
Necrophagist
Nile
Pantera
Sepultura
Slayer
Tankard
2 Ton Predator
3 Inches of Blood

and those are just the bands whose albums i have, i have a bunch of single songs from a bunch of artists that sound really good, like the ones you get with magazines.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2007-08-22 10:54:15

Screw this "LET'S COMBINE THE SHITINESS OF IN FLAMES WITH THE SHITINESS OF BREAKDOWN-HAPPY HARDCORE AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS" sort of metalcore, and listen to some real metalcore. The old crossover thrash stuff is the only metalcore I listen to. Hirax, DRI, old Corrosion of Conformity, Pro-Pain, and the Cro-Mags are where it's at.

However, I do like the Dillinger Escape Plan and Between the Buried in Me because I'm a hypocrite.

Here I am, bored with everything.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2007-08-22 10:55:30

At 8/22/07 10:41 AM, StealThisAlias wrote: 2 Ton Predator

I heard that they are a decent groove/thrash band with a less modern approach (far away from the Machine Head style). Can you recommend them?

Response to Metal Hell 2007-08-22 11:06:49

At 8/21/07 10:18 PM, maverick-mechanic wrote: shit i missed a metal hell bandwagon. those are always fun....well not that any of you care but i'm back in school again so i'll have even less time to be on than when i was just working. damn, i like my trade school and all, but being a graduate sucks right now....

I've got until about a week before I go to college. I have to enrol for second year of college tomorrow, but to be honest, I don't think I will bother with going to college for a second year. I might want to get a full time job instead.

At 8/22/07 06:40 AM, Kiddmeizter wrote: For me, Listening to metalcore is like breaking every single one of my teeth out, But leaving the exposed nerves left, Then start FILING DOWN ON THEM with a rusty nail file.
It's painful.

I'm ok with a bit of metalcore and that's it.

Response to Metal Hell 2007-08-22 11:08:15

At 8/21/07 09:16 PM, TakeNoPrisoners wrote: I'm looking to expand a bit. Can I get some Progressive suggestions?

I command you to listen to Gojira!
And Opeth.
And Dream Theater, naturally, but maverick said them already :P.
And Mr. Devin Townsend.
And Death.

Then there is stuff like Biomechanical, Behold... the Arctopus, Green Carnation, Shadow Gallery, Queensryche, Spastic Ink, Warmen, etc, etc.

Metal Hell ## Guitarists ## Stand Up Comedy

PSN: Look-a-Hill

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2007-08-22 11:10:47

At 8/22/07 11:08 AM, Nev wrote: And Mr. Devin Townsend.

Specifically his Terria and Ocean Machine-Biomech work.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2007-08-22 11:44:12

6k posts

lawlaransa

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2007-08-22 11:58:20

can anyone recommend me a gwar album to obtain? i really enjoy the stuff ive heard but i dont know which album to get

Minion of the Metal Hell

Last.fm/Steam ID

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2007-08-22 12:09:57

At 8/22/07 11:58 AM, Charon wrote: can anyone recommend me a gwar album to obtain? i really enjoy the stuff ive heard but i dont know which album to get

I've only got Beyond Hell so I can't really say if/how much better it is than the others.
But I think its a great album. I'd recommend it.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2007-08-22 12:27:06

I got Ride The Lightning today.

Also, I would like to say best, and worst covers I've ever heard *ahem*

Best
1.Machine Head-Battery
2.Trivium-Master Of Puppets (I am SO unforgiveable)
3.Metallica-So What
Worst
1.SUM FUCKING 41-Master Of Puppets (T'was shortened by six mins btw.)
2.Funeral For A Friend-Damage Inc.
3.Bullet For My Valentine-Sanatarium

There ya go, lads! (and lass)

It ain't easy being cheesey.

Backloggd account | Letterboxd account

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2007-08-22 12:35:54

At 8/22/07 12:27 PM, IrishGun wrote: Also, I would like to say best, and worst covers I've ever heard *ahem*

I never knew that all Metal covers featured Metallica in one way or another.

Death - Painkiller > all.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2007-08-22 12:45:17

Anyone a fan of Katatonia's debut album? Really good stuff, too bad they sucked live a few years ago, only playing their new, excruciatingly boring stuff.

Oh, I'm gonna join in:

Best covers:

Necromantia - Each Dawn I Die (Manowar)
Graveworm - Losing My Religion (R.E.M)
Hypocrisy - Black Magic (Slayer)
Destruction - Whiplash (Metallica)
Cannibal Corpse - No Remorse (Metallica)
Vader - Total Desaster (Destruction)

Worst covers:

Stockholm Syndrom - Walk (Pantera) [a shitty local band]
Mors Principium Est - Blood of Heroes (Megadeth) [pretty disappointing]
Shores of Sheol - Satanic Blood (VON) [probably the worst thing I ever created :P]

Response to Metal Hell 2007-08-22 12:46:08

At 8/22/07 10:55 AM, Goatchrist wrote:
At 8/22/07 10:41 AM, StealThisAlias wrote: 2 Ton Predator
I heard that they are a decent groove/thrash band with a less modern approach (far away from the Machine Head style). Can you recommend them?

i would definitely recommend them, they have about six tracks you can download for free on their website http://www.2tonpredator.net/ i got "in the shallow waters" a few months ago and its a great album. they are definitely less modern and pretty far away from the machine head style

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2007-08-22 12:49:01

At 8/22/07 12:35 PM, Nev wrote:
At 8/22/07 12:27 PM, IrishGun wrote: Also, I would like to say best, and worst covers I've ever heard *ahem*
I never knew that all Metal covers featured Metallica in one way or another.

Death - Painkiller > all.

Well, I've barley heard anyother covers aside from Metallica's songs.

Come CALLING faster??!! Does that even make sense?!

It ain't easy being cheesey.

Backloggd account | Letterboxd account

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2007-08-22 12:51:52

Motörheads cover of Whiplash is awesome.