00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

out-of-pocket just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

369,310 Views | 4,137 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-01 23:55:44

There's no way I'm ever going to pre-order a Bethesda game. I'm waiting like a month for an assload of patches to be released before I get this game.

So, does anybody know what the level cap will be? Do you still level up skills by using them or is it more like Fallout 3? I hope it's like Oblivion was. I also wonder if there will be Dremora in this.

One thing I'm especially pleased with about this game is that you can use two weapons at once or have a spell ready in one hand and a weapon in the other. I'm also glad about the gore. I'm totally gonna be a Nord with two axes. Then again, Argonians can breathe under water. hmm...

Also, I'm so doing the Dark Brotherhood quest.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-02 05:26:04

At 11/1/11 07:41 PM, Dromedary wrote: Do it and then we can play online together.

Good one, but you have a PS3!

At 11/1/11 07:44 PM, Snuff wrote: But come on, fuck seeing Rise Against play on the 12th, I might just give somebody my ticket.

I'd give a Rise Against ticket away for free if I had one and it meant I didn't have to listen to them.

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-02 06:11:53

At 11/1/11 01:08 PM, Tramps wrote: Matter of discussion: Regenerating Health
Regenerating health is a new addition to any Bethesda game and not one that many people want to see. Although there were options in other Bethesda RPG's that allowed you to regenerate health through perks or items, never has it been automatically included.

Health will NOT regenerate during combat; however it will regenerate when outside of combat and it's fairly slow. Keep in mind that Oblivion allowed you to heal fully simply by waiting for any amount of time in a place that wasn't near enemies or you could simply spam healing spells. I personally hope that they take away the auto-heal by waiting if they're including regenerative health.

Pro's:
Less downtime between fights.
Less spamming of healing spells to heal.
More convenient than waiting in a corner.

Con's:
Dumbing down - making more accessible?
Easier?
Less realistic?

YOUR THOUGHTS?

Actually, regenerating health isn't really easier if it happens outside of combat. They could even have a little 'bandaging yourself' animation for it. Likewise not really dumbing down, actually if handled right it subtly INCREASES difficulty by lulling the player into a false sense of security. Sit in a cubbyhole waiting for yourself to heal because your cheap @$$ didn't want to overbuy on potions and you only want to use them for the vampire at the end of the dungeon. And then you get sniped by a lich's spell.
What I hope they get rid of is scaling monsters. Scaling monsters are stupid and really only making any sense in roguelikes, which are supposed to be balls-out hard (like that beginner dungeon in ADOM)

Western media has descended to the level of Soviet media, pre-Glasnost, except the American people largely still drink from that poisoned well, thinking it provides "news."

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-02 09:36:47

At 11/1/11 01:08 PM, Tramps wrote: Easier?

That's one of the things I'm worried most about. I really, really hope that Bethesda learned from Fallout 3's difficulty and made Skyrim harder. Fallout 3 got boring really quickly because every single fight was a walk in the park, even on Very Hard.

Anyways, on a lighter note, werewolves and spears have been confirmed.

Now if only they would bring back wereboars from Daggerfall.

It ain't easy being cheesey.

Backloggd account | Letterboxd account

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-02 09:37:49

At 11/2/11 09:36 AM, IrishGun wrote: Now if only they would bring back wereboars from Daggerfall.

And here's the second one.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-02 09:57:42

At 11/2/11 09:36 AM, IrishGun wrote: spears have been confirmed.

Spears have been confirmed? Wasn't everyone complaining about this game not having spears?

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-02 10:04:04

At 11/2/11 09:57 AM, MiroDK wrote: Wasn't everyone complaining about this game not having spears?

Not really everyone. Just some of the stupider Morrowind fans.

I'm not sure whether the spears are in vanilla or whether they're DLC, but they're there.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-02 10:07:05

At 11/2/11 10:04 AM, IrishGun wrote: Not really everyone. Just some of the stupider Morrowind fans.

Yeah, that ended up being exaggerated.

I'm not sure whether the spears are in vanilla or whether they're DLC, but they're there.

Well, fine with me, although I never really used spears in Morrowind, it'll be nice to have a little variety then.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-02 10:10:55

At 11/2/11 10:07 AM, MiroDK wrote: Well, fine with me, although I never really used spears in Morrowind, it'll be nice to have a little variety then.

I'll still be going with either blunt weapons or fists as an Ork.

Probably fists, though, along with body sliders that make him as big as possible set to max.

Hulk Mode engage.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-02 10:24:17

At 11/2/11 10:10 AM, IrishGun wrote: I'll still be going with either blunt weapons or fists as an Ork.

Probably fists, though, along with body sliders that make him as big as possible set to max.

Hulk Mode engage.

I'll probably play as an Argonian assassin like I always did in Oblivion. But I'll experiment a lot of course.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-02 13:12:47

Spears and werewolves? NO WEREBOARS??? Meh, I suppose I could do w/o wereboars.

Spears=interest renewed.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-02 14:16:28

OMG!!! @_@ Werewolves are confirmed!!!? FUCK YES!!! IM GONNA BE A REDGUARD WEREWOLF, ITS GONNA BE SO AWESOME!!!

BTW, Khajits, and Argonians shouldn't be able to turn into werewolves? Amirite?

A man once described hell as a place where there is no reason. Thank you, Feminists, for dragging me into hell.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-02 14:38:45

At 11/2/11 02:16 PM, ModernPatriot wrote:
BTW, Khajits, and Argonians shouldn't be able to turn into werewolves? Amirite?

No, they can. Or, at least, they could in the Bloodmoon expansion for Morrowind, so I don't see why they couldn't in Skyrim.

At most, Argonians'll have a resistance to lycanthropy and other diseases like they always have.

Heck, in Elder Scrolls lore, Khajits can turn into Werepanthers despite already being cats.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-02 16:57:45

So some kid in my town apparently got a leaked copy of skyrim on the internet.

" Let the metal flow " - Chuck Schuldiner

GUITARISTS Awesome sig by Tateos.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-02 17:15:04

At 11/2/11 04:57 PM, TheSporkLord wrote: So some kid in my town apparently got a leaked copy of skyrim on the internet.

Everyone says that to look cool.

[PSN/Steam- Airbourne238]

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-02 19:11:34

I dont want to get the pc version because I would be too tempted to use cheat codes.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-02 19:20:27

At 11/2/11 07:11 PM, frigi wrote: I dont want to get the pc version because I would be too tempted to use cheat codes.

That is exactly why I never got that into Morrowind. The console commands take all the fun out of the game, because what's the point of playing if you already have all the best stuff? I kept telling myself I wouldn't use them but then would be like "Well it wouldn't hurt to give myself the last piece of this armor set...."

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-02 21:28:13

At 11/2/11 07:11 PM, frigi wrote: I dont want to get the pc version because I would be too tempted to use cheat codes.

Actually, I like being able to use the cheat codes for glitches. For instance, in Fallout New Vegas, I had to kill one more soldier ant to complete the quest, but it was stuck inside some rubble and I couldn't kill it. Console > select ant > "kill". Saved me from loading back for such an easy enemy.

I have to admit though, I have used the "unlock" code in Fallout a couple of times. Apart from that, I rarely, like, really rarely, use cheats anymore.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-02 21:57:10

At 11/2/11 07:17 PM, Tramps wrote: It usually begins with me wanting to noclip out of places because I can't be arsed following the same path and then when I start messing with that, it just continues. I did it with Morrowind and did it with Oblivion when I got it on PC (after I got it on 360).

I'm like that with Medieval Total War and Morrowind as well. :( I hate myself.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-03 17:24:26

Hey gaiz, look at this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?nomobile=1&
v=jATpJsTYBO8

Christopher Plummer has the voice of a God.

A man once described hell as a place where there is no reason. Thank you, Feminists, for dragging me into hell.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-03 19:15:28

So I keep hearing people are going to skip school to play this game......and well wow. Don't they realize by this point the skill of pattern discerning? It's a Bethesda game, best to wait until the patches come out to start playing, or else you'll find yourself with a destroyed PC that you just chopped in half after Skyrim loses your last 10 hours of progress.

"If you don't mind smelling like peanut butter for two or three days, peanut butter is darn good shaving cream.

" - Barry Goldwater.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-03 19:16:49

At 11/3/11 07:15 PM, Warforger wrote: So I keep hearing people are going to skip school to play this game......and well wow.

People have the day off I believe.

" Let the metal flow " - Chuck Schuldiner

GUITARISTS Awesome sig by Tateos.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-03 19:16:57

At 11/3/11 07:15 PM, Warforger wrote: So I keep hearing people are going to skip school to play this game......and well wow. Don't they realize by this point the skill of pattern discerning? It's a Bethesda game, best to wait until the patches come out to start playing, or else you'll find yourself with a destroyed PC that you just chopped in half after Skyrim loses your last 10 hours of progress.

Oh yeah, all of you people saying that are right. Let's wait to get what will be the best game ever because you're SURE Bethesda is going to release a buggy, glitchy game. Shut the fuck up.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-03 19:25:00

At 11/3/11 07:15 PM, Warforger wrote: It's a Bethesda game, best to wait until the patches come out to start playing, or else you'll find yourself with a destroyed PC that you just chopped in half after Skyrim loses your last 10 hours of progress.

Nothing like that has ever happened to me, and I bought Oblivion and Fallout 3 at launch. Maybe your computer is the problem.

( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°)

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-03 19:47:56

The only Bethesda game I ever had trouble with was Fallout: New Vegas. I'm confident Skyrim will be fine.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-03 19:55:23

At 11/3/11 07:44 PM, Tramps wrote: Do you expect a lot of them?

That depends. Some crashes, texture clipping and NPCs getting stuck so you have to load an earlier save, yes I do. Anything worse than that, not really.

Have you experienced a lot of them?

Minor glitches, yes. Major glitches, no, I haven't. I think that the biggest glitch I have ever encountered in a Bethesda game, was that this one time my auto-save got corrupted in FO3.

Does seeing a lot of reports or witnessing them yourself give you any less respect for Bethesda or put you off the game?

Simply put: No.

( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°)

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-03 20:01:06

This time next week, please Game, don't let me down.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-03 20:01:28

Oh my god, I feel bad now. The only date I have been thinking about coming up is November 11th. How did I forget about November 8th, it's the 8th anniversary of my dad's death. He would want me to play video games all that weekend.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-03 20:22:09

It's remembrance day too, don't forget that.

MrPercie on Dromedary: "smug santa claus face, bringing nicieties to those he likes but shite to those he hates - which is everyone"

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-03 21:48:54

At 11/3/11 08:46 PM, Tramps wrote:
I'm the same. The postal service is shit in my area so it doesn't get here til' 5, but I'm in college and only get home at 4ish anyway so it's not too bad. I just really really hope that GAME can live up to the pre-order promise and even if I'm lucky, get here a day early.

Yeah I just happen to have my longest day at college on Thursday, should get home past 5pm some time, so I'm really hoping to find it there waiting for me. I just couldn't imagine a better weekend.

Also I'm stocking up on Junk food and caffeine filled drinks.