00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

velvzie just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

369,255 Views | 4,137 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-08-28 15:20:05

At 8/28/12 01:02 PM, ToddM wrote:
At 8/28/12 01:01 PM, ToddM wrote: ttp://youtu.be/TvhQZoyZn1gA minor DLC for Xbox called Hearthfire in which you can build your own home. It comes out on the 4th.
Crap the link is dead. Can someone else put the trailer up?

Sure
At least it's only 400 points.

We're meat and that's it. So lets fuck it, fuck it, fuck it.

Minecraft: JuJitsuLipShitz

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-08-28 15:55:51

Judging from the above trailer, it looks like you have to go around Skyrim and adopt a kid by simply talking to them about it. Maybe this could mean non-human children will be added with the DLC to adopt as well? Seeing as how my character is an Orc and my wife is a Dark Elf, I would prefer to have a kid (even if it's an adopted one) that is one of those two. I wonder what some of the children I've made into orphans will have to say though, since their parents were accidentally slain by my war axe in a very tragic accident involving my Berserker Rage.

Also, I wonder if you can adopt Babette just for the lulz...

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-08-28 16:09:40

At 8/28/12 03:55 PM, Klobb17 wrote: Judging from the above trailer, it looks like you have to go around Skyrim and adopt a kid by simply talking to them about it. Maybe this could mean non-human children will be added with the DLC to adopt as well?

Or it's just another lie by Todd Howard.

[PSN/Steam- Airbourne238]

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-08-28 16:19:45

At 8/28/12 04:09 PM, POTaTOS wrote:
At 8/28/12 03:55 PM, Klobb17 wrote: Judging from the above trailer, it looks like you have to go around Skyrim and adopt a kid by simply talking to them about it. Maybe this could mean non-human children will be added with the DLC to adopt as well?
Or it's just another lie by Todd Howard.

How is it a lie, exactly? As far as I know of, no one confirmed there being non-human children added. I was simply speculating.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-08-28 20:51:25

Hearthfire sure looks underwhelming. Well, lets hope there's still another DLC that actually adds something more than just building a house and adopting a child. preferably two more.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-08-28 22:10:44

On the bright side, this ends the contract of Microsoft's 30 day exclusivity on dlc.

Xbox live: C0n Queso

PSN: A-Spiky-Kitten

Steam: Baby Diesel

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-08-29 00:48:59

Building a house is the perfect way for a Dragonborn to retire in my opinion. Though I hope smithing goes up when you build the house.

Well we were dumb enough to think it was gonna happen.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-08-29 05:26:48

Thought I'd give Dawnguard a shot. I'm a vampire at the moment. Seems pretty good so far.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-08-29 06:09:37

At 8/28/12 10:12 PM, Protagonist wrote:
At 8/28/12 06:56 PM, Cootie wrote: Didn't Bethesda say that they wouldn't release unsubstantial DLC?
Horse armor.

That was for Oblivion, not Skyrim.

at least not yet...

( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°)

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-08-30 10:12:05

skyrim one hell of a game

DOINT YOU FUCKING IGNORE ME!

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-08-30 18:27:34

I see the news of Hearthfire has hit Newgrounds. I, for one, am excited about it. It may be minor but it's pretty damn cool that you can customize your own house to your liking. My Paladin shall have a modest home with a chapel in the basement. That is, whenever the hell it ends up on PS3. Still waiting to join the Dawnguard, Bethesda....

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-08-30 19:17:19

At 8/30/12 06:27 PM, hitman1993 wrote: I see the news of Hearthfire has hit Newgrounds. I, for one, am excited about it. It may be minor but it's pretty damn cool that you can customize your own house to your liking. My Paladin shall have a modest home with a chapel in the basement. That is, whenever the hell it ends up on PS3. Still waiting to join the Dawnguard, Bethesda....

Chapel in the basement? You played Knights of the Nine in Oblivion, didn't you?

In Twilight is where the true Sanctuary awaits the truly worthy.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-08-30 19:53:44

At 8/30/12 07:17 PM, Leopardclaw wrote:
At 8/30/12 06:27 PM, hitman1993 wrote: I see the news of Hearthfire has hit Newgrounds. I, for one, am excited about it. It may be minor but it's pretty damn cool that you can customize your own house to your liking. My Paladin shall have a modest home with a chapel in the basement. That is, whenever the hell it ends up on PS3. Still waiting to join the Dawnguard, Bethesda....
Chapel in the basement? You played Knights of the Nine in Oblivion, didn't you?

Ha, sure did. Paladin is my favorite RPG class, next to Nightblade. There doesn't seem to be a lot of Paladin types left in Tamriel anymore, however.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-09-01 05:41:22

At 9/1/12 05:38 AM, Shade wrote: Any ideas on hearthfire's price?

400 MS points, which is 5 dollars.

( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°)

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-09-01 18:30:22

Is there really nothing new in Hearthfire except building a house and adopting kids??? It seems way too lacking. I'm quite shocked if it doesn't at least include some new quests!

The trick is to use the drugs once to get there, and maybe spend the next ten years trying to get back there without the drug.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-09-01 18:55:59

Is it weird that I still have the text from Gamestop that my copy of Skyrim is ready for pickup?

" Let the metal flow " - Chuck Schuldiner

GUITARISTS Awesome sig by Tateos.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-09-01 19:22:03

At 9/1/12 05:41 AM, desert116 wrote:
At 9/1/12 05:38 AM, Shade wrote: Any ideas on hearthfire's price?
400 MS points, which is 5 dollars.

Oh, well that doesn't sound *too* bad for $5, I guess. I might be interested when it comes out for that price.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-09-01 20:37:35

At 9/1/12 06:30 PM, HeadbangingLegend wrote: Is there really nothing new in Hearthfire except building a house and adopting kids??? It seems way too lacking. I'm quite shocked if it doesn't at least include some new quests!

Some people can sink hundreds of hours into roleplaying and stuff like Hearthfire so technically they released a DLC with infinite hours, it's just not for everyone. I for one am glad that Bethesda is actually trying to appeal to a different kind of gamer for once.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-09-01 21:52:40

So, I've come across something that maybe one of you guys can explain to me. I'm just northeast of Sunderstone Gorge right now and looking at this circle in the ground with this....stuff coming out and reaching all the way up to the sky. It's kind of like blue and orange...wind, I guess. And I stood in the middle of it and it did nothing. And there are these stacked stones on either side that remind me of Stonehenge. What's the deal with this?

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-09-01 23:28:33

At 9/1/12 09:52 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: So, I've come across something that maybe one of you guys can explain to me. I'm just northeast of Sunderstone Gorge right now and looking at this circle in the ground with this....stuff coming out and reaching all the way up to the sky. It's kind of like blue and orange...wind, I guess. And I stood in the middle of it and it did nothing. And there are these stacked stones on either side that remind me of Stonehenge. What's the deal with this?

If you've done the quest where Alduin resurrected a dragon, then you might have stumbled on an interrupted resurrection. Just go walk somewhere else (not fast travel) and the dragon should come back. I'd get out Skyrim, but I'm a bit busy with Dark Souls atm.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-09-02 02:56:01

At 9/1/12 08:37 PM, kmau wrote: Some people can sink hundreds of hours into roleplaying and stuff like Hearthfire so technically they released a DLC with infinite hours, it's just not for everyone. I for one am glad that Bethesda is actually trying to appeal to a different kind of gamer for once.

I don't see how role-playing in a single player game would be very entertaining. I'm not saying I'm not looking forward to it, I quite like the idea of building my own house in Skyrim. I remember when I bought my first house in Whiterun, I decorated the shelves and desks with skulls, gems and other rare, decorative items. But most of the time they'd end up on the other side of the room! So now having full control will be much better.

All I mean is it feels weird for a game like Skyrim that they're releasing a DLC without any new quests or special items. Oh well let's just hope it doesn't only take 10 minutes to build a house.

The trick is to use the drugs once to get there, and maybe spend the next ten years trying to get back there without the drug.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-10-05 14:16:30

Only recently got this game. Bit late to the party, I know. Just finished the quest where you infiltrate a Thalmor's party then got attacked by a dragon - bad news since I'm wearing some wizard robes and I'm not even a good mage. I died a few times trying to flee, but then the next time I spawned a dragon landed next to me and just died automatically. I was able to loot it and absorb its soul, but then another dragon (presumably the one that originally attacked me) was still there. This game is strange.

god

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-10-07 22:47:57

So, a naked courier just came up to me and gave me two letters of inheritance, one from Ragnar and one from Ainethach...er...wut? I'm going to Karthwasten to look for their corpses in case they have anything on them. I have no idea how they died or why I got letters of inheritance from them...or why the courier was naked.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-10-07 22:49:25

Oh, wait they must have been killed by the two dragons that attacked me when I visited Karthwasten...Still, what's up with the letters?

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-10-07 23:53:58

At 10/7/12 10:54 PM, Shade wrote:
At 10/7/12 10:47 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: why the courier was naked.
Couriers have randomly generated clothing, sometimes they end up generated with a lack of it.

Now that's funny.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-10-08 05:00:46

At 10/7/12 11:53 PM, The-iMortal wrote:
At 10/7/12 10:54 PM, Shade wrote:
At 10/7/12 10:47 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: why the courier was naked.
Couriers have randomly generated clothing, sometimes they end up generated with a lack of it.
Now that's funny.

Brb, needa go scope dis shit out.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-10-08 07:21:47

Going back into the world of Skyrim again, but with a crap ton of mods. Using Climates of Tamriel, a custom ENB, and the official high res texture pack makes the game look more like a high res fantasy game. It looks fantastic (only a loss of 2 fps), but I will be switching back to realistic lighting once it updates to 4.0.

The Monster Mod (I had V6) has been updated to V9 and the new creatures can be somewhat scary when enter a dungeon (climates of tamriel also affects indoors so dungeons are darker). At least there's variety now instead of bandits, draugr, or falmer. Also, immersive armors, jaysus swords, and morrowind/oblivion weapons and armor just adds even more reason to explore the dark dungeons again.

SkyRe makes the game even more challenging. I love it! Deadly combat, balanced magic, thief tools, magic duels, apocalypse spells, phendrix spells of witchcraft and sorcery, and deadly dragons make the combat a hell of a lot more fun! UFO is also a must if you want even more companions.

The newest mod that I'm getting into right is Interesting NPC's. It adds about 90+ npc into the world of Skyrim, but they all have a pretty cool backstory. It also adds a couple new dungeons and quests as well.

Guys, get this game on the pc!

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-10-11 03:38:03

At 10/5/12 02:16 PM, dogpup4 wrote: but then the next time I spawned a dragon landed next to me and just died automatically. I was able to loot it and absorb its soul, but then another dragon (presumably the one that originally attacked me) was still there. This game is strange.

That's A Bethesda game for You.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-10-17 11:40:43

Hey, bumping the Skyrim thread to bring new DLC news! As with the first two DLCs for Skyrim, this one has been discovered by someone snooping around the unused files in the new Skyrim update. Both times this has happened, the speculations ended up being correct so I expect no different from this one. Supposedly, this new DLC may simply be called "Dragonborn" and it seems it will take us out of Skyrim and back into Solstheim, the icy area of Morrowind where that game's Bloodmoon DLC took place. There are also files pointing to new armor sets and even... dragon mounts?! Despite being a PS3 gamer, I am still very much interested to see what Skyrim has next.

This video, narrated by the great TrendKiLLv01, one of my favorite YouTube video game personalities, covers all this info quite well, give it a watch.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-10-17 17:13:04

At 10/17/12 11:40 AM, hitman1993 wrote: Hey, bumping the Skyrim thread to bring new DLC news!

Kewl. Sounds interesting.