New Topic Respond to this Topic
Luke
Luke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Gamer
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Feb. 12th, 2012 @ 05:49 PM Reply

At 1 hour ago, Sense-Offender wrote: Yeah, I'll stick with Krosis.

My first character had Krosis, was definitely my favourite of the masks. I loved that thing and looked very badass wearing it as well, I think I was only in full Elven gear, but it looked like an incredible match. I plan on getting it again on this character, but I'm only level 7 and at the beginning again :(

Yeah, whatever.
PSN ID: REDSiN66

Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Movie Buff
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Feb. 12th, 2012 @ 06:03 PM Reply

I have another question. Do any of the unique weapons (Mehrune's Razor, for example) or unique armor level with you? Like, does the damage power/defense power depend on what level you are when you get it? Or is it just what it is? If it's the latter, then that sucks.

At 38 minutes ago, Cootie wrote: 81 is the highest level that you can reach.

not bad. That seems kind of an odd and arbitrary number, though. I wish it was 100.

At 9 minutes ago, Luke wrote: I plan on getting it again on this character, but I'm only level 7 and at the beginning again :(

hah. No way can you take on Krosis at that level. I was like level 21 when I fought him and even still, the only way I had a chance was to turn into a werewolf.

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell
sig by Jay11

BBS Signature
SineRider
SineRider
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Musician
LostFaceInTrain
LostFaceInTrain
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Feb. 12th, 2012 @ 06:57 PM Reply

At 1 minute ago, SineRider wrote: I didn't even realize jeff bridges played games

He was in a video game

Luke
Luke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Gamer
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Feb. 12th, 2012 @ 07:33 PM Reply

At 1 hour ago, Sense-Offender wrote: hah. No way can you take on Krosis at that level. I was like level 21 when I fought him and even still, the only way I had a chance was to turn into a werewolf.

The first time I killed him I had to face the dragon, and him at the same time and I was in my 20s.
Didn't die once, just hid behind as many rocks as I could, and used my companion or whatever as bait... He died, but I came out victorious, so he didn't die in vain or anything...
First time I felt bad in a game though, he'd been with me since the beginning.

Yeah, whatever.
PSN ID: REDSiN66

Cootie
Cootie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Feb. 12th, 2012 @ 10:48 PM Reply

At 4 hours ago, Sense-Offender wrote: I have another question. Do any of the unique weapons (Mehrune's Razor, for example) or unique armor level with you? Like, does the damage power/defense power depend on what level you are when you get it? Or is it just what it is? If it's the latter, then that sucks.

Most of the unique items have a set power I think. But it doesn't matter because it is the unique if enchantments of those items that you want. If you want the strongest weapons and armor values you would probably be best getting the Dragon armors and fully smithing them.

For I am and forever shall be... a master ruseman.

BBS Signature
Denton
Denton
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 59
Gamer
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Feb. 13th, 2012 @ 08:08 AM Reply

At 16 hours ago, Sense-Offender wrote: Man, the mask of Krosis is so cool. I looked up what the other dragon priest masks do and this is the best one for me, and it goes so well with my Dwarven armor. Although, I don't know what the mask of Konahrik does. Does anybody know?

I have found this mask by accident, instant fav and upgraded it to Legendary.
As for the mask of Konahrik: When the wearer is low on health, there is a chance that the mask will knock back enemies, heal the wearer and any nearby allies, and grant a fire cloak for a brief time. The healing benefit will raise your restoration skill, and the fire cloak will aid your destruction skill.

It's impossible to use the bathroom in Denton's house, as not even his toilet paper takes shit from anyone.

BBS Signature
Syztm
Syztm
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Audiophile
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Feb. 13th, 2012 @ 10:21 AM Reply

Kinda related, RIP Adam Adamowicz.

New tune: Yag

Ship
Ship
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Melancholy
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Feb. 13th, 2012 @ 01:50 PM Reply

At 18 hours ago, Luke wrote: The first time I killed him I had to face the dragon, and him at the same time and I was in my 20s.
Didn't die once, just hid behind as many rocks as I could, and used my companion or whatever as bait... He died, but I came out victorious, so he didn't die in vain or anything...

That's what happened to me too. I was wandering around dragon roosts and after killing a dragon he appeared out of nowhere. I was about level 20 as well so killing him was no easy task. He was so damn fast that I could hardly hit him with my arrows. I had to sick Lydia on him and just hide away from all the action because I was in no condition to do too much damage to him. Luckily he got distracted by Lydia and stopped moving for long enough that I could shoot him. His mask is probably best though. Either that or the Masque of Clavicus Vile

Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Movie Buff
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Feb. 13th, 2012 @ 05:04 PM Reply

I love the look of the mask of Clavicus Vile. I've never gotten it myself in Skyrim or Oblivion, but I watched my best friend play Oblivion with it.

So, I found a good map of Skyrim on Wikia. Thanks to this map, I'm gonna be on my way to a certain fort where there should be a sick bow that has over 40 points of damage power.

So what's this "great war" that people are talking about?

At 21 hours ago, Luke wrote: The first time I killed him I had to face the dragon, and him at the same time and I was in my 20s.

I had no problem with the dragon, but Krosis kicked my ass. I reloaded and made sure not to approach the word wall until I kiled the dragon, and I transformed into a werewolf before approaching it. That was much easier.

As for companions, I have Aela, who is essential, so there's no worries about her dying. Apparently, though, you can kill her. I was just messing around once and I decided to fight her (and reload, of course). I ended up chopping off her head.

At 8 hours ago, Dent0n wrote: I have found this mask by accident, instant fav and upgraded it to Legendary.

I stumbled upon it without searching for it as well. I didn't know you could upgrade it.

sig by Jay11

BBS Signature
Cootie
Cootie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Feb. 13th, 2012 @ 05:12 PM Reply

At 3 minutes ago, Sense-Offender wrote:
So what's this "great war" that people are talking about?

The High Elves broke away from the Empire and forced the Wood Elves to fight against the Empire with them. The Elves nearly achieved victory, but the Empire won a last major battle and a truce was signed. The conditions of the treaty were very favorable toward the High Elves though and gave them power over the royal family. It is because of the terms of this war that the Stormcloaks seek to break away from the Empire.

BBS Signature
animehater
animehater
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Feb. 13th, 2012 @ 07:28 PM Reply

At 2 hours ago, Sense-Offender wrote: So what's this "great war" that people are talking about?

Thank goodness I read a book about it early on in dragonsreach or I may have been lost for a while myself. Though it would be kind of silly to take sides in the civil war without looking into the events that have taken place in the years since the Oblivion crisis.

"Communism is the very definition of failure." - Liberty Prime.

BBS Signature
Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Movie Buff
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Feb. 13th, 2012 @ 07:42 PM Reply

Well, after hearing that about the high elves, it seems both sides are kinda shitty. I still think I'm going with the empire because I don't want those Jarls to go to prison.

sig by Jay11

BBS Signature
Gobblemeister
Gobblemeister
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Musician
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Feb. 13th, 2012 @ 07:47 PM Reply

At 1 day ago, Luke wrote:
At 1 hour ago, Sense-Offender wrote:

I murdered my companion to appease Boethiah

Though he was never much help anyway

Mumbo
Mumbo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Artist
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Feb. 13th, 2012 @ 08:33 PM Reply

I have found this mask by accident, instant fav and upgraded it to Legendary.
As for the mask of Konahrik: When the wearer is low on health, there is a chance that the mask will knock back enemies, heal the wearer and any nearby allies, and grant a fire cloak for a brief time. The healing benefit will raise your restoration skill, and the fire cloak will aid your destruction skill.

It also has a 1% chance to summon a Dragon Preist to fight for you along with those effects.

|XBL Gamertag: ShadowboltRD | Bronies before Hoenies| YenMuffin made my sig

BBS Signature
Sierra
Sierra
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Feb. 14th, 2012 @ 03:16 AM Reply

At 7 hours ago, Gobblemeister wrote: I murdered my companion to appease Boethiah. Though he was never much help anyway

I paid a Dark Elf to come along with me. 500 Gold for Ebony Mail worth 5000 Gold (which also looks badass)? Seems like a good deal to me. As long as Jenassa wasn't a particularly important character it seems to have paid off for me so far. Plus, you get the Blade of Sacrifice, which is pretty much average isn't it?

I'm on Last.fm!
Also, I used to be YeOldeSierra. Now I'm just Sierra :3

Dromedary
Dromedary
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Melancholy
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Feb. 14th, 2012 @ 07:00 AM Reply

At 20 hours ago, Syztm wrote: Kinda related, RIP Adam Adamowicz.

This is sad.

MrPercie on Dromedary: "smug santa claus face, bringing nicieties to those he likes but shite to those he hates - which is everyone"

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature
animehater
animehater
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Feb. 14th, 2012 @ 12:56 PM Reply

At 17 hours ago, Sense-Offender wrote: Well, after hearing that about the high elves, it seems both sides are kinda shitty. I still think I'm going with the empire because I don't want those Jarls to go to prison.

No Jarls go to prison. But no matter what side you choose the Jarls that backed the losing side end up n exile.

"Communism is the very definition of failure." - Liberty Prime.

BBS Signature
jonathanfis
jonathanfis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Feb. 16th, 2012 @ 08:48 AM Reply

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hn5xX87Z5WQ&feature=plcp&cont ext=C323d8e9UDOEgsToPDskJ1MWkZHEC11n9L2RYabHE0I made a skyrim parody based on skyrim (of course) With some tf2 in it.

He is SANDVICHBORN

XBL: Taillesspack819 Send a Friend Request if u want :D

BBS Signature
Dromedary
Dromedary
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Melancholy
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Feb. 16th, 2012 @ 02:40 PM Reply

At 5 hours ago, jonathanfis wrote: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hn5xX87Z5WQ&feature=plcp&cont ext=C323d8e9UDOEgsToPDskJ1MWkZHEC11n9L2RYabHE0I made a skyrim parody based on skyrim (of course) With some tf2 in it.

He is SANDVICHBORN

Yeah that was the least funny thing I have ever seen you little whore.

MrPercie on Dromedary: "smug santa claus face, bringing nicieties to those he likes but shite to those he hates - which is everyone"

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature
Denton
Denton
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 59
Gamer
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Feb. 18th, 2012 @ 03:12 PM Reply

I don't know if this is another bug of many more in this game but here it goes. Alright so i married Aela the Huntress, and started Battle for Whiterun. OInce i started this quest Aela started running home, i ordered her to wait in the Palace of the Kings with Ulfric (stormcloaks) but she ignored it...well ok? Anyway, once i fast traveled to whiteruni saw her fighting along there, once we were finished she just standed there..i was going to the jarl for my completion, but once i completed this quest Aela just dissappeared! She's not in Breezehome nor Palace of the Kings, i've also tried to look in the Companions building but no luck. What the fuck is going on here? I'm quite pissed of by this.

I've tried to search this shit on Google but the only results were jokes about this, or saying this is a glitch...did any of you also had this problem? If so, how am i gonna fix this?

It's impossible to use the bathroom in Denton's house, as not even his toilet paper takes shit from anyone.

BBS Signature
hitman1993
hitman1993
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Gamer
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Feb. 18th, 2012 @ 11:21 PM Reply

Update 1.4 patched the trick where you can instantly restock a merchant by saving, killing him, then reloading. I am saddened by this.

BBS Signature
Halberd
Halberd
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Movie Buff
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Feb. 19th, 2012 @ 01:29 AM Reply

I'm a little concerned about the Skyrim DLC, I just don't see how they are going to top the brilliant storyline and immersive characters and world that the main campaign had.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NguTypiXqqY
ILLEGAL MARIJUANA RELATED ACTIVITIES
The hand I killed your children with masturbates to the memory of it

Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Movie Buff
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Feb. 19th, 2012 @ 02:05 AM Reply

Well, I haven't started the civil war thing, but I'm married to Aela, so I hope I don't get this problem.

So, is Dwarven scrap metal useful for anything? smelting? I'm guessing not, but I want to make sure.

sig by Jay11

BBS Signature
iscrulz
iscrulz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Movie Buff
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Feb. 19th, 2012 @ 07:47 AM Reply

At 5 hours ago, Sense-Offender wrote: Well, I haven't started the civil war thing, but I'm married to Aela, so I hope I don't get this problem.

So, is Dwarven scrap metal useful for anything? smelting? I'm guessing not, but I want to make sure.

Its good for decorating your house. I have Breezehome peppered with it.

£5 man slut for hire. Inquire within

Wi/Ht? #45

BBS Signature
Dromedary
Dromedary
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Melancholy
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Feb. 19th, 2012 @ 02:03 PM Reply

At 14 hours ago, hitman1993 wrote: Update 1.4 patched the trick where you can instantly restock a merchant by saving, killing him, then reloading. I am saddened by this.

Classic Bethesda - Patch things everyone likes, don't patch game breaking glitches.

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature
Cootie
Cootie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Feb. 19th, 2012 @ 02:08 PM Reply

At 12 hours ago, Sense-Offender wrote: Well, I haven't started the civil war thing, but I'm married to Aela, so I hope I don't get this problem.

You can make ingots out of it and craft dwarven armor and weapons.

BBS Signature
Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Movie Buff
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Feb. 19th, 2012 @ 04:47 PM Reply

In that case, I definitely have to go back to those ruins I went to for the College of Winterhold. Aela and I both used up out carrying capacity with all the cogs, gyros, gears, and the like. There's a side quest for one of the members of the college who wants that stuff, so I took what I could and put it all in my chest. He gives you a unique summon spell as a reward.

I finished the Blood on the Ice (name reminds me of Bathory) quest only to find that you have to complete either the Stormcloaks quest line or the Imperial Legion questline to be able to purchase Hjerim. dang.

I really want a falmer helmet because you can wear it while still having Krosis equipped, according to UESP. Then again, they also said I could equip a second amulet while weating the Gauldr Amulet, and that didn't work for me. I'm gonna head to a specific place on the map that is supposed to have lots of falmers and I hope at least one of them has a helmet. I fought a bunch of them in the Dwemer ruins I was just in, but none of them had one.

sig by Jay11

BBS Signature
ToddM
ToddM
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Movie Buff
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Feb. 19th, 2012 @ 10:29 PM Reply

I find it weird that you could craft dwarven armor and weapons even if they have been gone for hundreds of years.

Well we were dumb enough to think it was gonna happen.

BBS Signature
Cootie
Cootie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Feb. 19th, 2012 @ 10:49 PM Reply

At 17 minutes ago, ToddM wrote: I find it weird that you could craft dwarven armor and weapons even if they have been gone for hundreds of years.

Well you have the metal that they used, and I am sure there are documents and drawings that show what their armor looked like.

BBS Signature