00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Demons202 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

368,674 Views | 4,137 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-06-14 05:04:58

Was anybody else on Newgrounds, other than me, invited to the dawnguard beta? I'm assuming not many people were invited to it considering you get the full DLC for free.. but I can't be the only person on NG hat was invited, right?

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-06-14 12:56:20

At 6/14/12 05:04 AM, Jolly wrote: Was anybody else on Newgrounds, other than me, invited to the dawnguard beta? I'm assuming not many people were invited to it considering you get the full DLC for free.. but I can't be the only person on NG hat was invited, right?

I wasn't, but good for you! Enjoy the beta.

Xbox live: C0n Queso

PSN: A-Spiky-Kitten

Steam: Baby Diesel

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-06-14 13:46:56

At 6/11/12 07:02 AM, NEVR wrote: Daedric armor get

I have legendary daedric armor with the boots and gauntlets enchanted with fortification of carrying capacity. And I'm wearing Volsung with it, which also fortifies carrying capacity as well as fortifying barter and letting you breathe underwater. I love my setup now. I've also been wearing the Gauldr Amulet since somewhat early in the game. fortify health, magicka, and fatigue. And I have a ring of fortify health.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-06-14 18:01:21

I started a new character and wanted to get my Pickpocket skill up, but it can be quite difficult to start, so I went to Morthal to start stealing everything because I love tormenting the people that live there, and then I picked a few pockets and suddenly I realised I had a pair of gauntlets, a ring, and a necklace of Deft hands, and all their percentages added up to 65% to the skill, I felt like a level 100, the best luck I've had so far really.

About the Dawnguard thing, I put in my actual age (16), and then it just said I wasn't allowed, so I didn't care enough. I'm going to buy it at some point soon anyways.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-06-14 23:15:52

I read somewhere that dragonbone weapons were being introduced. They will also be more powerful than daedric weapons.

Well we were dumb enough to think it was gonna happen.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-06-14 23:27:31

At 6/14/12 11:15 PM, ToddM wrote: I read somewhere that dragonbone weapons were being introduced. They will also be more powerful than daedric weapons.

I really hope that's true. That would be sick.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-06-15 13:44:56

At 6/14/12 11:27 PM, Sense-Offender wrote:
At 6/14/12 11:15 PM, ToddM wrote: I read somewhere that dragonbone weapons were being introduced. They will also be more powerful than daedric weapons.
I really hope that's true. That would be sick.

It is. It's been confirmed in the new Game Informer, there's a whole article about Dawnguard. Here's a quick list of what we're going to see in Dawnguard:

-Two new factions; The vampires, and the Dawnguard, who are apparently vampire hunters.
-Two new homes. Which one you get to use is based on what faction you side with.
-The ability to be a Vampire Lord, with Vampire Lord skill tree. Perks for the tree are acquired through feeding, not leveling up.
-A skill tree for werewolves. I believe the perks are also acquired through feeding.
-New weapons and armor, including the long awaited crossbows. Crossbows are affected by the Archery skill tree and it's perks.
-Siding with the Dawnguard allows you to craft new crossbows and, yes, even Dragonbone weapons.
-New mount(s). Only one has been shown; a skeletal demonic looking horse, most likely given by the vampire quest line.
-New creatures, such as gargoyles and armored trolls.
-New dragons called Legendary Dragons, which are now the most powerful. What makes them so powerful is unknown.
-New dragon shouts. One of which is called Soul Tear, and acts like a Reanimate Corpse spell.
-A person in the Riften Ratways who will allow you to change your character's appearance. It seems you will be able to change all facial features.

I believe that's all we know thus far, or at least all I know. Sounds damn good to me.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-06-15 19:47:40

I've just downloaded Dawnguard. I might post a bit about it once I've played it for a few hours. No promises though. Because of this:

"Finally, as a reminder by signing up for the Dawnguard Beta, you're under a legally binding non-disclosure agreement. We ask that you do not talk about Dawnguard, post gameplay videos, and/or post screenshots or pictures"

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-06-15 22:47:22

At 6/15/12 07:47 PM, Jolly wrote: I've just downloaded Dawnguard. I might post a bit about it once I've played it for a few hours. No promises though. Because of this:

"Finally, as a reminder by signing up for the Dawnguard Beta, you're under a legally binding non-disclosure agreement. We ask that you do not talk about Dawnguard, post gameplay videos, and/or post screenshots or pictures"

I'd suggest you don't to avoid any legal mumbo jumbo. Besides, who wants spoilers when all they have to do is wait a week and a half to find out about it themselves?

On another note DRAGON BONE WEAPONS! Holy shit I'm seriously wondering if smiting/enchanting those bad boys should be the first thing I do before I kill me some vamps.

"Communism is the very definition of failure." - Liberty Prime.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-06-15 23:47:27

For PC users, I know there are many amazing mods out there. However, this mod...just looks amazing. Currently in beta, but it really looks promising.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0KGFPnsRpc&feature=player_em bedded

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-06-16 00:03:05

I'm actually not sure I want dragonbone weapons. It might clash wiith my complete daedric set.

" Let the metal flow " - Chuck Schuldiner

GUITARISTS Awesome sig by Tateos.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-06-16 00:16:34

Dragonbone weapons revealed!

Gotta scroll down a bit.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-06-16 00:42:29

At 6/15/12 10:47 PM, animehater wrote:
At 6/15/12 07:47 PM, Jolly wrote: I've just downloaded Dawnguard. I might post a bit about it once I've played it for a few hours. No promises though. Because of this:

I'd suggest you don't to avoid any legal mumbo jumbo. Besides, who wants spoilers when all they have to do is wait a week and a half to find out about it themselves?

On another note DRAGON BONE WEAPONS! Holy shit I'm seriously wondering if smiting/enchanting those bad boys should be the first thing I do before I kill me some vamps.

I meant more talking about new items/features, not the story. I don't really think talking about that really spoils anything. But yeah, I probably shouldn't risk talking about anything from it.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-06-16 02:56:10

At 6/16/12 12:52 AM, Shade wrote: Steel.... Hatchet?

Seriously, what is this?

If you're talking about the drauger's weapon it looks like a one handed steel warhammer, which to be fair would be awesome. The other weapon looks like a one handed axe of some sort.

This is where I wrote something funny

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-06-16 04:09:18

At 6/16/12 03:40 AM, Shade wrote:
At 6/16/12 02:56 AM, Mismo wrote: The other weapon looks like a one handed axe of some sort.
We already have those, they're known as waraxes.

Wait.

Oh my god.

I just realized what it might be!

A throwing axe!

I just think it is a kind of war axe. Maybe ancient falmer war axe or something like that. But if it turns out to be a throwing axe and that they'll introduce throwing weapons, Morrowind fans will be pleased.

This is where I wrote something funny

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-06-16 12:51:14

At 6/16/12 04:09 AM, Mismo wrote:
At 6/16/12 03:40 AM, Shade wrote:
At 6/16/12 02:56 AM, Mismo wrote: The other weapon looks like a one handed axe of some sort.
We already have those, they're known as waraxes.

Wait.

Oh my god.

I just realized what it might be!

A throwing axe!
I just think it is a kind of war axe. Maybe ancient falmer war axe or something like that. But if it turns out to be a throwing axe and that they'll introduce throwing weapons, Morrowind fans will be pleased.

It's a war axe. It's a war axe used by the Dawnguard faction. Simple as that, now shut up..

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-06-16 16:41:33

fucking gargoyles? AWESOME!

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-06-17 11:16:02

At 6/16/12 12:16 AM, mrpwnzer wrote: Gotta scroll down a bit.

If those are really their base stats then they are already more powerful than anything I've crafted to legendary in vanilla Skyrim.

"Communism is the very definition of failure." - Liberty Prime.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-06-23 07:30:35

When I next meet that fair maid Nelly, I'll plunge my knife into her belly,
Oh, if I chance to see a cat, I'll feed its corpse to my pet rat,
And if I spy a singing bird, I'll snap its neck before it's hear.

(Chorus:) Madness is merry and merriment's might, when the jester comes calling with his knife in the night!
That's what I pieced out of cicero's mumbles. Can you think of more quotes to complete the song?

"خيبر خيبر يايهود جيش محمد سوف يعود"

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-06-26 21:28:12

Got Dawnguard and it seems fun but vampires now attack all settlements at night.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-06-27 17:06:00

Surprised people aren't talking about Dawnguard here.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-06-27 17:14:53

At 6/27/12 05:06 PM, ToddM wrote: Surprised people aren't talking about Dawnguard here.

Maybe because they're busy playing it?

In all seriousness though, I'd like to hear more about Dawnguard before buying it myself.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-06-28 23:51:30

I didn't even know it came out already. Good thing I get paid tomorrow.

We're meat and that's it. So lets fuck it, fuck it, fuck it.

Minecraft: JuJitsuLipShitz

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-06-29 05:00:05

At 6/28/12 11:51 PM, Anti-pie wrote: I didn't even know it came out already. Good thing I get paid tomorrow.

I got paid today so I plan on going out of getting it later, should be good fun.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-06-29 09:43:59

Damn microsoft and their exclusive dlc!

For the moment anyway.

comment pls | follow pls | aka FishType1

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-06-29 18:05:42

At 6/29/12 09:43 AM, BumFodder wrote: Damn microsoft and their exclusive dlc!

For the moment anyway.

They have it for the next DLC as well.

" Let the metal flow " - Chuck Schuldiner

GUITARISTS Awesome sig by Tateos.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-06-30 12:39:45

So... yeah.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°)

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-06-30 12:57:12

At 6/30/12 12:39 PM, desert116 wrote: So... yeah.

I've seen worse...

Definitely something you don't show off to console users.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-06-30 22:09:59

I'm gonna join the Dawnguard because I'm already a werewolf.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-06-30 23:56:06

At 6/30/12 10:09 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: I'm gonna join the Dawnguard because I'm already a werewolf.

Hell yes. I'm power leveling my character I made specifically for the DLC, and he's great so far. Just need 100 smithing before I start the questline.