00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

NobeastcanDefeatme just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

368,602 Views | 4,137 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-06-01 20:23:15

At 6/1/12 07:12 PM, Makeshift wrote: There's a Beta for the DLC.

If you guys wanna sign up...

360 only, lame

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-06-04 06:25:15

Already bored of Skyrim

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-06-04 07:18:02

I'm hearing Dawnguard is only 360 exclusive for 30 days so I can easily settle with that. Looks like I'll be returning to Skyrim sometime this Summer.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-06-04 08:21:41

At 6/4/12 07:58 AM, Cootie wrote:
At 6/4/12 07:18 AM, Bahamut wrote: I'm hearing Dawnguard is only 360 exclusive for 30 days so I can easily settle with that. Looks like I'll be returning to Skyrim sometime this Summer.
Still kind of shitty that Bethesda would do that. Will probably buy the DLC anyways.

They did the same with Fallout 3 and I think with New Vegas too. This is nothing new for Bethesda.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-06-04 12:13:44

At 6/4/12 08:21 AM, Jackho wrote: They did the same with Fallout 3 and I think with New Vegas too. This is nothing new for Bethesda.

Bethesda didn't make New Vegas...
Anyway, Bethesda has always preferred the 360 over the PS3. I don't know why they'd make it 360-exclusive at first, though. They'd make more money by releasing it for everything at the same time.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-06-04 12:26:49

At 6/4/12 12:13 PM, Valjylmyr wrote: Bethesda didn't make New Vegas...

As the publisher I'm pretty sure they decide how and when DLC is released. That's the case with Mass Effect at least, but different game, different publisher, so I don't really know.

Anyway, Bethesda has always preferred the 360 over the PS3. I don't know why they'd make it 360-exclusive at first, though.

Timed exclusivity contracts = more money.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-06-05 12:42:48

So I've encountered something enough to call it an actual problem. Any time I go in any body of water deep enough to swim in, my system completely freezes and I have to restart. PS3, anyone else have this problem?

" Let the metal flow " - Chuck Schuldiner

GUITARISTS Awesome sig by Tateos.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-06-05 13:58:49

At 6/5/12 12:42 PM, TheSporkLord wrote: So I've encountered something enough to call it an actual problem. Any time I go in any body of water deep enough to swim in, my system completely freezes and I have to restart. PS3, anyone else have this problem?

Delete your Skyrim update data in the Game Data Utility, then re-install it by opening Skyrim again. Simple as that. Although, the re-install might take a while.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-06-06 10:32:36

Interview and gameplay of Dawnguard with Todd Howard

Seems like Todd is implying that werewolves will be getting a perk tree as well.

Xbox live: C0n Queso

PSN: A-Spiky-Kitten

Steam: Baby Diesel

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-06-06 15:03:20

At 6/6/12 10:32 AM, mrpwnzer wrote: Seems like Todd is implying that werewolves will be getting a perk tree as well.

I thought it was already confirmed that they were?

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-06-06 15:39:28

At 6/6/12 03:14 PM, Cootie wrote:
At 6/6/12 03:03 PM, Jackho wrote:
At 6/6/12 10:32 AM, mrpwnzer wrote: Seems like Todd is implying that werewolves will be getting a perk tree as well.
Sounds good. It seemed to me being a vampire or a werewolf used to be pretty damn useless. Also, will the world be in a perpetual state of darkness if you side with the vampires and beat the story? I am sure nobody knows that yet, but what do you think?

I'm thinking Dawnguard or whatever wil be a seperate land that might be in perpetual darkness. But to have it like that in Skyrim seems weird. Like it might mess with times and junk.

" Let the metal flow " - Chuck Schuldiner

GUITARISTS Awesome sig by Tateos.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-06-07 05:46:05

I still find it odd how Bethesda haven't fixed rain going through everything when you're outside. Like if you go under a bridge it still comes through.

I thought that would be quite obvious, and something they would have done before they released it.

Not a complaint as such, just something I was thinking about.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-06-07 08:57:48

At 6/6/12 03:03 PM, Jackho wrote:

While it was confirmed, I didn't think that they would include the perk in Dawnguard. It's pretty nice that they are including it if you want to fight the vampires.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-06-07 10:04:06

At 6/1/12 04:17 PM, sweet21 wrote:
At 6/1/12 03:44 PM, kakalxlax wrote: getting a console nowadays is stupid, pc has the best graphics, more hotkeys, more games (including the best console games), and if not you can use it as a console emulator, its customizable, etc, etc, etc
Keyboards are uncomfortable and horrible as fuck tho. Play street fighter with a keyboard, I dare you. Also I hate having to look at specs and deal with crap trying to open the game. I like the simplistic approach. Sure more options is more freedom, but soooo much of that freedom is hardly necessary and I find myself never using any of it.

There's a simple solution to the keyboard problem , use a gamepad (A controller) . You can use virtually any game controller and there are ones built specifically for PC games. I'm not being an elitist PC user, because to be honest I don't give a shit what you prefer or what anyone else prefers or why there's even a need to argue about it because it's up to the users choice what they prefer. But I am just saying that keyboards aren't really a valid problem when you can use a controller on PC anyways.

Add me:

MSN/Yahoo! - bbdaman4@yahoo.co.uk PSN - bbdaman Xbox - FunkyJunkey

Youtube - Shiteohead Facebook Steam ID

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-06-07 11:57:16

Just for the heck I took the time to learn how to play some of the songs in Skyrim which the bards perform. So far I learnt how to play"The Dragonborn comes" and "Age of aggression/oppression". Think there is only one other bard song.

This is where I wrote something funny

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-06-07 12:31:15

At 6/6/12 03:14 PM, Cootie wrote: It seemed to me being a vampire or a werewolf used to be pretty damn useless.

Well, there's the one hundred percent resistance to disease and poison, and wrecking shit as a werewolf is pretty fun.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-06-07 13:56:58

So is there going to be a werewolf skill tree or what? I haven't been able to find anywhere where it's confirmed.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-06-07 17:38:39

At 6/7/12 01:56 PM, hitman1993 wrote: So is there going to be a werewolf skill tree or what? I haven't been able to find anywhere where it's confirmed.

It's at around 3:40

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-06-07 22:15:06

So... the new DLC looks pretty cool. Fuckin... crossbows and shit, man. Maybe I'll have a reason to play Skyrim again, since it's just been gathering dust.

[PSN/Steam- Airbourne238]

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-06-07 23:05:24

They might not be good at combat, or fixing glitches, or physics, or voice acting, but you have to hand it to Bethesda, they know how to make DLC. No, scratch that. These are EXPANSION PACKS!

[PSN/Steam- Airbourne238]

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-06-08 21:33:36

At 6/7/12 11:05 PM, POTaTOS wrote: They might not be good at combat, or fixing glitches, or physics, or voice acting

I like the combat and the voice acting. The only problem is that contrary to what was promised, you hear the same voices all the time. At least it's not as bad as Oblivion in that regard.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-06-09 11:02:25

At 6/7/12 11:05 PM, POTaTOS wrote: They might not be good at combat, or fixing glitches, or physics, or voice acting, but you have to hand it to Bethesda, they know how to make DLC. No, scratch that. These are EXPANSION PACKS!

The last expansion pack that I played was Dragon Age: Awakening...and that one sucked. For $40 you get about 8-10 hours along with a couple of abilities that you couldn't even use in Origins. Ugh.

I just hope that Bethesda keeps their promise about their DLC/expansion packs to be about as big as the shivering isles.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-06-09 13:37:26

At 6/7/12 11:05 PM, POTaTOS wrote: They might not be good at combat, or fixing glitches, or physics, or voice acting

I liked Skyrim's combat and I thought most of the voice acting was pretty good, save for one or two voices. Even if it's not so good in the other two ways it's still miles ahead of Oblivion in all of them, at least.

Actually, I'd say the only thing Oblivion has over Skyrim is the sheer amount of Wes Johnson it had. I kind of miss the conversations you'd see him having with himself all the time in the Imperial city, and when he would end those conversations with himself with "You're the Divine Crusader!".

It ain't easy being cheesey.

Backloggd account | Letterboxd account

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-06-09 14:13:47

At 6/9/12 01:37 PM, IrishGun wrote: Actually, I'd say the only thing Oblivion has over Skyrim is the sheer amount of Wes Johnson it had. I kind of miss the conversations you'd see him having with himself all the time in the Imperial city, and when he would end those conversations with himself with "You're the Divine Crusader!".

Skyrim does not have the whole of Shivering Isles to explore. There's some minor things that I missed (dat Imperial City scenery) from Oblivion when playing Skyrim but overall I felt Skyrim was an improvement over Oblivion.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-06-09 14:37:59

At 6/9/12 02:13 PM, Bahamut wrote: Skyrim does not have the whole of Shivering Isles to explore.

I never got to play Shivering Isles but I'd always wanted to. Everything I've seen and heard of it looks a lot more interesting than the main game.

Dunno if I'd be able to go back to Oblivion after Skyrim, though. I've been playing New Vegas again recently and even just not being able to have your guy walk diagonally is kind of awkward to watch, but I got past it, so who knows?

Don't remember Oblivion's faces or armour ever being as ugly as they are, though. And I remember it feeling like any other fantasy setting out there since none of the races had anything unique about them like they do in pretty much any other TES game, and the environments were pretty much just a bunch of ruins and forests.

That said though Oblivion wasn't bad by any means, the only main TES game that's bad is Arena.

It ain't easy being cheesey.

Backloggd account | Letterboxd account

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-06-09 18:21:19

At 6/9/12 02:37 PM, IrishGun wrote: That said though Oblivion wasn't bad by any means, the only main TES game that's bad is Arena.

Greatness must start from somewhere.

Latest Creation: Wiretapped Wormhole | Website: Tydusis.com | Also, check out this webcomic I like: Inhuman

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-06-11 07:02:55

Daedric armor get, I haven't been using two-handed weapons all that much but I kinda like the idea of storming around with a daedric warhammer like a true badass

Dawnguard add-on looks like it'll be cool.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-06-11 09:26:07

At 6/9/12 02:37 PM, IrishGun wrote:
At 6/9/12 02:13 PM, Bahamut wrote: Skyrim does not have the whole of Shivering Isles to explore.
I never got to play Shivering Isles but I'd always wanted to. Everything I've seen and heard of it looks a lot more interesting than the main game.

It definitely is. I feel they put a ton of effort into this expansion, especially when they made an actual final boss and not something you could easily kill by mindless slashing.

Dunno if I'd be able to go back to Oblivion after Skyrim, though. I've been playing New Vegas again recently and even just not being able to have your guy walk diagonally is kind of awkward to watch, but I got past it, so who knows?

It's the same thing as the Pokemon games. You look back at the older games and you feel you can't even adapt to the primitive gameplay anymore.

At 6/10/12 10:37 PM, Shade wrote: Any release date on Dawnguard yet besides "Summer"?

If they listened to me and I followed the exclusive policy, I would advise them early July would be a good time as ever due to Summer holidays coming up. At least then it'll be easier to gain attention.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-06-11 10:03:18

Have we been given any indication of how much it's going to cost? If not, what are you guys expecting this to cost?

If I remember rightly, Shivering Isles cost 2400 Microsoft points which is £20. I imagine we can expect the same from this DLC although I wont be paying for a download. If it's costing me that much I'm waiting for the Skyrim GOTY Edition which I assume will eventually be released. We probably will get a Skyrim GOTY Edition. Morrowind, Oblivion and Fallout 3 all got one.

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-06-11 10:46:18

At 6/11/12 10:03 AM, Dean wrote: Have we been given any indication of how much it's going to cost? If not, what are you guys expecting this to cost?

I think it was metnioned that it would be 1600 MSP ($20)? Anything more and I'll probably never play it.