00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

UmanaJose just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

368,824 Views | 4,137 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-06 21:49:54

So, like spoiler alert here, but I have a question.

Are the Companions evil? I know the "inner circle" people are werewolves, but does that mean that they're bad?

And which is the morally better choice? side with the Stormcloaks or the...other guys, I forgot. Imperial ally people?

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-06 22:18:07

At 1/6/12 09:49 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: So, like spoiler alert here, but I have a question.

Are the Companions evil? I know the "inner circle" people are werewolves, but does that mean that they're bad?

And which is the morally better choice? side with the Stormcloaks or the...other guys, I forgot. Imperial ally people?

companions are fine. join imperial side. they are fighting to make skyrim a place that people can enjoy living in.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-06 22:24:58

At 1/6/12 07:20 PM, animehater wrote:
At 1/6/12 06:20 PM, beakerboy wrote: I have tried every way I possibly can to take the thief guild down, but the game always points you in 1 direction, which is to join them and be a bad person. I do not like to play as a bad person. and Skyrim FORCES you to whenever you go NEAR the thief guild. I fucking can't stand it at all.
The thieves guild is awesome. At least your not sacrificing/eating the flesh of priest at a cannibal cult dinner party solely to get an item you will never use but need for an achievement.

if u think the thieves guild is awesome then ur a piece of shit. they're criminals and should be brought to justice.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-06 22:28:49

At 1/6/12 09:49 PM, Sense-Offender wrote:

A suggestion for you is to wait on the Civil War quest. Wait until you do all the guild quests you plan on doing because the people you do quests for become Jarls or move to different towns. It's a lot less headache personally speaking.

As for the better side (MORE SPOILERS), I chose the Stormcloaks. But if you're like me and like Balgruuf you might want to choose the Imperials. Also, if you choose the Stormcloaks your thaneship in Whiterun will come to an end, however you keep Lydia.

Also, since I got married, Lydia and my wife live in the same house now.

Ménage à trois

To protect the world from devastation.

kidd25 is the best Newgrounder ever.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-06 22:50:48

At 1/6/12 09:49 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: Are the Companions evil? I know the "inner circle" people are werewolves, but does that mean that they're bad?

I wouldn't say so. I'm not deeply familiar with TES lore, but the fact that they're werewolves doesn't seem relevant, as the Companions themselves never seem to do anything I'd call "evil". Hell, the only radiant-quests that Aela has to give me only ever have anything to do with animal control.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-07 00:44:12

At 1/6/12 09:49 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: And which is the morally better choice? side with the Stormcloaks or the...other guys, I forgot. Imperial ally people?

Morally better? That's a nonsense question, both sides have good and bad aspects about them. Don't let these imperials fool you into thinkng that it is all black and white.

If you like the concept of stability under the empire and have a small bit of nostalgia for the glory days and have a problem with the way Windhelm is run then join the imperials. If you feel that by signing the white gold concordant the empire not only gave away its national sovereignty but also its ability to govern with interests of the people of Skyrim in mind and/or the empire is probably going to dissolve eventually anyway given its weakened state, then by all means join the stormcloacks.

"Communism is the very definition of failure." - Liberty Prime.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-07 01:23:59

Well, it looks like being with the companions, I have to be with the Silver Hand people, which I believe is the group that's with the empire and against the Stormcloaks. Also, another spoiler here...

It looks like all the former jarls are imprisoned in some basement or something if you complete the Stormcloak thing. Is that right?

I think I want to join the inner circle, become a werewolf, and half that huntress chick as my wife.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-07 06:23:32

At 1/6/12 09:49 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: So, like spoiler alert here, but I have a question.

I don't think so, I think they just happen to be werewolves but I don't think they do anything bad as werewolves or being a werewolf is an inherently bad thing, and the work the Companions do aren't petty or criminal.

Up to you, they both have their ups and downs.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-07 10:15:34

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-07 10:23:24

At 1/7/12 10:15 AM, Drony wrote: I think you guys would like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla yer_embedded&v=Bifmj1O3D24#!

That was amazing

Lost the love of heaven above, Chose the lust of the earth below

Eleven saintly shrouded men, Came to wash my sins away

Sig by Valjylmyr

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-07 10:43:46

At 1/6/12 10:24 PM, beakerboy wrote: if u think the thieves guild is awesome then ur a piece of shit. they're criminals and should be brought to justice.

Hahahahaha! This guy.

mfw

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

MrPercie on Dromedary: "smug santa claus face, bringing nicieties to those he likes but shite to those he hates - which is everyone"

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-07 13:46:28

At 1/7/12 01:23 AM, Sense-Offender wrote: Well, it looks like being with the companions, I have to be with the Silver Hand people

woop. looks like it's the opposite. I saw the quest named "the Silver Hand" and made an assumption. And for some reason, I thought it was those loyalist dudes. It seems I was thinking of the Imperial Legion. So, do the companions as a whole pick one side or the other?

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-07 14:34:46

At 1/7/12 01:46 PM, Sense-Offender wrote:
At 1/7/12 01:23 AM, Sense-Offender wrote: Well, it looks like being with the companions, I have to be with the Silver Hand people
woop. looks like it's the opposite. I saw the quest named "the Silver Hand" and made an assumption. And for some reason, I thought it was those loyalist dudes. It seems I was thinking of the Imperial Legion. So, do the companions as a whole pick one side or the other?

The Companions as a whole are completely neutral, I believe. It's never stated, but it could be implied that they favor the Stormcloaks simply because both Eourland and Vignar Gray-Mane are associated with the Companions and also the fact that Kodlak claims to be a "true Nord." Though those don't really mean much.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-07 14:55:12

Not sure whether to get this. I've tried playing Oblivion a few times but I was just so bored of it, everything was just bland. I'm hoping Skyrim is different, but I'm worried the same thing will happen. I've heard so much praise for it but all the negativity is exactly the same as what I thought about Oblivion.

god

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-07 14:59:32

At 1/7/12 02:55 PM, dogpup4 wrote: Not sure whether to get this. I've tried playing Oblivion a few times but I was just so bored of it, everything was just bland. I'm hoping Skyrim is different, but I'm worried the same thing will happen. I've heard so much praise for it but all the negativity is exactly the same as what I thought about Oblivion.

Well you can't simply say "I didn't like Oblivion." List what you didn't like about Oblivion specifically and we could tell you what's different about that now. If you simply don't like fantasy RPG's then obviously don't get Skyrim.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-07 15:18:57

Well, it looks like Aela is involved with the battle of Whiterun quest. Is she on the Imperial side? cuz it seems she's with the guards.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-07 16:09:53

At 1/7/12 03:18 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: Well, it looks like Aela is involved with the battle of Whiterun quest. Is she on the Imperial side? cuz it seems she's with the guards.

I never saw her, but if I did I would not hesitate to cut her down for the sake of liberating the city in the name of the true sons of Skyrim!

I'm an Argonian BTW

"Communism is the very definition of failure." - Liberty Prime.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-07 17:27:52

At 1/7/12 03:18 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: Well, it looks like Aela is involved with the battle of Whiterun quest. Is she on the Imperial side? cuz it seems she's with the guards.

I never saw her in that quest, if she is there it's because she's defending the city from attack, not because of any allegiance.

The Companions are entirely neutral because Kodlak told them not to get involved, if you ask Aela about it she says the only thing she feels about it is that she doesn't like other people getting the glory.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-07 18:28:22

Ever since the battle for Whiterun, Hadvar has been following me around with his sword drawn whenever I enter the city, making jokes about me.

"So you're the Dragonborn eh? Was it your mother or father who was the dragon?"

I like the guy and all but he scares me a little with the stalking thing.

Also moved to Markarth, the house there is definitely the best, despite the city being a shithole.

MrPercie on Dromedary: "smug santa claus face, bringing nicieties to those he likes but shite to those he hates - which is everyone"

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-07 18:40:13

At 1/7/12 02:55 PM, dogpup4 wrote: Not sure whether to get this. I've tried playing Oblivion a few times but I was just so bored of it, everything was just bland. I'm hoping Skyrim is different, but I'm worried the same thing will happen. I've heard so much praise for it but all the negativity is exactly the same as what I thought about Oblivion.

I liked oblivion, but I understand what you're saying, and no, they didn't fix it. they just made what made oblivion good to most people better.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-07 18:44:48

At 1/7/12 10:15 AM, Drony wrote: I think you guys would like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla yer_embedded&v=Bifmj1O3D24#!

That was horrifying!

[PSN/Steam- Airbourne238]

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-07 23:23:50

Which is the worst hold city in the game? I'm going for Morthal as the city is poor as hell even compared to Winterhold.

Well we were dumb enough to think it was gonna happen.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-07 23:38:57

If you didn't like Oblivion, I seriously doubt you'd like Skyrim. It plays almost exactly the same, but in my experience has even more problems than Oblivion.

PSN ID/Gamertag: KittensWithBeer

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-08 06:10:12

I'm doin' the werewolf thing. The quest is fun, but I haven't yet actually used the skill to my advantage.

I was wondering, what happens if you're already a vampire and you start that companions quest where you have the choice of becoming a werewolf? I'm guessing there's something that stops you, which sucks. It would be too awesome to be a vampire-werewolf hybrid like some Underworld shit.

At 1/7/12 04:09 PM, animehater wrote: I never saw her, but if I did I would not hesitate to cut her down

I'm guessing what Gobble says is right. It makes a lot of sense. But so far, the Imperial side is looking good for me. Whichever side I choose, I guess I'll just choose the other for the next playthrough. maybe.

So, you've never seen Aela the huntress? She's a big part of the companions quest, and she's awesome. She's quite good at archery. She and I were competing for the most kills with bows. She's a kill stealer, she is.

I'm an Argonian BTW

My guy, Hugrekki, is a Nord, who will probably be what the D&D guys would refer to as chaotic-good. At least, that's what my intention is for this character. But I intend to start a new character, Abominor, who will be an Argonian, and he will join the Dark Brotherhood and basically go with the most heinous and despicable options available to him at every turn. I'll kill anyone I don't like, steal everything I want, and just be as much of an asshole as possible without the game being too much of a pain in the ass as a consequence.

Holy fuckin' balls, it's after 6:00 already....Well. I've got no responsibilities tomorrow...er today, so I'll just go up and play more Skyrim.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-08 06:30:13

At 1/8/12 06:10 AM, Sense-Offender wrote: I was wondering, what happens if you're already a vampire and you start that companions quest where you have the choice of becoming a werewolf? I'm guessing there's something that stops you, which sucks.

Yup, I was a vampire when I joined the circle and became a werewolf and it took away my vampire powers.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-08 10:00:31

At 1/8/12 06:10 AM, Sense-Offender wrote: I'm doin' the werewolf thing. The quest is fun, but I haven't yet actually used the skill to my advantage.

I never used it and then I ended up curing myself. Ah well, I already feel powerful enough without being a werewolf too.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-08 10:03:00

At 1/8/12 10:00 AM, NEVR wrote:
At 1/8/12 06:10 AM, Sense-Offender wrote: I'm doin' the werewolf thing. The quest is fun, but I haven't yet actually used the skill to my advantage.
I never used it and then I ended up curing myself. Ah well, I already feel powerful enough without being a werewolf too.

Being a Werewolf sucks if there are more than 2 guys around you. Especially because your guy will start mauling someone even if there are other guys around.

To protect the world from devastation.

kidd25 is the best Newgrounder ever.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-08 10:03:17

At 1/8/12 10:00 AM, NEVR wrote:

That's how I felt about the werewolf. Haven't had the need to even use it once since my character's abilities have enough to take down most things.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-08 11:23:21

I don't want to become a Werewolf in the game but I know one of the quests sets you up as one, so I'm thinking I'll delay finishing that quest until a point where I'm cool with it and know I won't be side-tracked, since I'll rush through and find the cure as soon as humanly possible. I'm loving Skyrim at the moment even though I have only about 40 hours on it compared to the hundreds some people likely have. I need to put more time into the game but with GCSEs and stuff coming up this year, I don't know how much time I really will have.

I'm on Last.fm!

Also, I used to be YeOldeSierra. Now I'm just Sierra :3

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-01-08 11:28:55

At 1/8/12 11:26 AM, ScaryPicnic wrote: i don't like either factions in the game that much but the Imperials are the lesser of two evils

This is exactly why I haven't joined either faction. I'd probably go for the Stormcloaks though since the whole concept of being a revolutionary against the Empire seems fun. I won't join either faction until I complete the main quest-line though because apparently you get an additional quest if you wait it out. Since I've only done about four of the missions in the main quest I don't know how well that's going to work for me though.

I'm really enjoying the game and I'm just wandering around the game world having a nice time and doing whatever quests take my fancy. It's just really laid back for me, rather than being a game to stress over, and I welcome that.

I'm on Last.fm!

Also, I used to be YeOldeSierra. Now I'm just Sierra :3