00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Dakale just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

368,376 Views | 4,137 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-05-04 09:06:55

At 5/3/12 11:22 PM, waitn2drive wrote: Skyrim isn't like that as much, though. i still think it's DLC will cost a fortune, though. could be wrong.

Which is why I look forward to Skyrim's DLC more than any other DLC out there. There was more than enough to do without any expansions already so I expect yet more to go through. Hopefully with this it will easily outdo the playtime I put in for Oblivion which when I played it I had Shivering Isles to cover as well. I think I did about 90-100 hours for Skyrim and there was still loads of small quests to cover which I felt weren't that necessary to do, although I still need to get all those Daedric artefacts.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-05-04 09:13:26

At 5/4/12 02:58 AM, Halberd wrote: What do you guys think of Skyrim online?

The same way I feel about dying of dick cancer. Please, don't let it happen.

[PSN/Steam- Airbourne238]

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-05-04 09:38:22

At 5/4/12 09:13 AM, POTaTOS wrote:
The same way I feel about dying of dick cancer. Please, don't let it happen.

I'm afraid it is happening but damn, just the thought of exploring all of Tamriel if that's what would happen for the online game.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-05-04 16:48:17

At 5/3/12 11:37 PM, LaForge wrote: this is Skyrim, not a work of fiction.

lol

That's a terrible idea.

I thought it might be good until I heard that they are apparently going to use the Hero Engine...

Wait, you're saying that this is actually a thing?

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-05-04 17:03:25

At 5/4/12 04:48 PM, Sense-Offender wrote:
At 5/3/12 11:37 PM, LaForge wrote: this is Skyrim, not a work of fiction.
lol

That's a terrible idea.

I thought it might be good until I heard that they are apparently going to use the Hero Engine...
Wait, you're saying that this is actually a thing?

The Elder Scrolls Online. An actual Elder Scrolls MMO. It's happening. Be excited, or mad. It depends.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-05-04 18:04:07

I thought it might be good until I heard that they are apparently going to use the Hero Engine...i.e the new engine with the not so great graphics and the really disproportionate character creation shit

You're right to be upset about them using the Hero Engine. That shit was barely passable 6 years ago, after Skyrim it's a huge step backwards in appearance.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-05-04 19:49:09

So I was exploring some random dungeon when I ran into this. Longswords were shat.

( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°)

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-05-04 20:23:59

At 5/4/12 07:49 PM, desert116 wrote: So I was exploring some random dungeon when I ran into this. Longswords were shat.

That thing would be awesome to have in your house. There should totally be a modded house that has those things alive and patrolling the area.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-05-04 20:53:24

I have no interest in this, but it's cool as long as Bethesda isn't wasting their time on it and is focusing on what's next with TES or Fallout.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-05-05 07:02:42

At 5/4/12 07:49 PM, desert116 wrote: So I was exploring some random dungeon when I ran into this. Longswords were shat.

I've been playing this game since it first came out and never saw this yet. Please tell me you remember which dungeon that's in.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-05-05 10:33:58

At 5/5/12 07:02 AM, Drony wrote:
I've been playing this game since it first came out and never saw this yet. Please tell me you remember which dungeon that's in.

It's Skyrim's Monster Mod: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=9694
It adds tons of new creatures (or re tex of some monsters). Now there are triceratops and raptors...which is awesome (lore breaking, but awesome).

I ran into this fucker one night though when I first installed the mod. Holy balls it scared me.

Xbox live: C0n Queso

PSN: A-Spiky-Kitten

Steam: Baby Diesel

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-05-05 12:00:27

At 5/5/12 10:33 AM, mrpwnzer wrote: It's Skyrim's Monster Mod: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=9694
It adds tons of new creatures (or re tex of some monsters). Now there are triceratops and raptors...which is awesome (lore breaking, but awesome).

I ran into this fucker one night though when I first installed the mod. Holy balls it scared me.

It's a mod? I thought that was just some daedric statue in a random cave not some modder's version of Weeping Angels.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-05-07 21:00:32

At 5/6/12 01:19 PM, X-Gary-Gigax-X wrote: Where the hell is bethesda these days?

They're busy acting like Activision.

Greedy shylocks.

Science can't lie.

BURN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-05-07 21:21:25

At 5/7/12 09:00 PM, kisame wrote:
At 5/6/12 01:19 PM, X-Gary-Gigax-X wrote: Where the hell is bethesda these days?
They're busy acting like Activision.

Greedy shylocks.

Yeah, with all of that 10 dollar DLC that should have been in the game in the first place.
Oh wait... they don't do that.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-05-07 23:21:27

At 5/7/12 09:39 PM, Shade wrote: So will skyrim online be for PC or consoles?

Also, quick ways to make 5000 gold?

The same way you make 100 gold. Go out, kill stuff, carry the valuable things. Focus on a minimum weight/value ratio that's easy but provides plenty of profit (1/10 is probably the best way to do that). Anything that you aren't using to replace current equipment and doesn't meet the minimum ratio gets ignored. This will mostly leave you carrying jewelry and strong potions which you can carry a lot of.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-05-15 14:42:38

Finally got around to playing Skyrim again for the first time since November. Only noticed that my previous save was 50 hours in. I didn't think I'd played it that long, but since it has been so long since I last played it I decided to start over. Hopefully I'll complete it this time.

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-05-15 14:44:02

How many glitches have been found out in Skyrim?

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-05-15 17:52:54

When anyone else releases an unpolished RPG with extremely repetitive dungeons and horrible physics and character animations, they take a lot of shit. Why can Bethesda do it?

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-05-16 08:54:20

Two legendary daedric daggers, I tell ya even dragons are like butter to me.

This is where I wrote something funny

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-05-16 18:55:40

At 5/16/12 08:54 AM, Mismo wrote: Two legendary daedric daggers, I tell ya even dragons are like butter to me.

I'm the greatest blacksmith ever! Level 100 smithing! But thats not all!
I created special armor I enchanted myself. Level 80 enchantment skill, total enchantment value: +67% smithing enchantment. BUT im also a master alchemist! I can create a potion that increases smithing by and additional 63%! (for 30 seconds)

LIKE A BOSS!

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-05-16 22:42:23

My smithing skill is over 90, but I still can't improve daedric armor. I can only make it. Why is that? Also, if you have perfect smithing skill of 100, does wearing enchanted items or drinking potions that increase the skill still make any difference? The daedric armor is so awesome looking, but it's not as high in armor rating as my legendary ebony armor, boots, and gauntlets.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-05-17 04:23:53

At 5/16/12 06:55 PM, sweet21 wrote:
At 5/16/12 08:54 AM, Mismo wrote: Two legendary daedric daggers, I tell ya even dragons are like butter to me.
I'm the greatest blacksmith ever! Level 100 smithing! But thats not all!
I created special armor I enchanted myself. Level 80 enchantment skill, total enchantment value: +67% smithing enchantment. BUT im also a master alchemist! I can create a potion that increases smithing by and additional 63%! (for 30 seconds)

LIKE A BOSS!

Although I may not have the same skill in enchanting and alchemy, I'm also a level 100 in blacksmith. Damn the dragon scale armour (legendary) looks awesome, and nothing can really do any damage. When people say that Eorlund Graymane is the best blacksmith in Skyrim they're lying, because that is me.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-05-17 04:35:43

At 5/16/12 10:42 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: My smithing skill is over 90, but I still can't improve daedric armor. I can only make it. Why is that? Also, if you have perfect smithing skill of 100, does wearing enchanted items or drinking potions that increase the skill still make any difference? The daedric armor is so awesome looking, but it's not as high in armor rating as my legendary ebony armor, boots, and gauntlets.

That is weird, you should not even be able to make a certain item just to able to improve it, although having the ability to actually make also make you able to improve even more. Do you have the right item to improve your daedric armour? Maybe you don't have it, it have happened to me that I have forgotten that I don't actually have the necessary ingot. Other than that you should be able to improve your daedric equipment.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-05-17 07:56:27

Oh, you can't improve armor you made yourself? That would explain it. Yeah, I have a shitload of ebony ingots and leather strips.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-05-17 14:57:05

At 5/17/12 07:56 AM, Sense-Offender wrote: Oh, you can't improve armor you made yourself? That would explain it. Yeah, I have a shitload of ebony ingots and leather strips.

Either I misread what I wrote I made a mistake explaining. Of course you can improve armour you made. What I meant was that (which I presume you mistook) you don't need have made or even be able to do the armour yourself just to improve, any item can be improved regardless of smith skill and perk. Just having said perk grants you higher improve possibility.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-05-17 15:08:43

At 5/16/12 02:56 PM, Cootie wrote:
There are videos on YouTube of people sneaking up on sleeping Ancient dragons and assassinating them with a sneaky blow.

I have never heard of that. Will have to watch those videos on You Tube.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-05-17 15:19:05

At 5/17/12 02:57 PM, Mismo wrote: Either I misread what I wrote I made a mistake explaining. Of course you can improve armour you made. What I meant was that (which I presume you mistook) you don't need have made or even be able to do the armour yourself just to improve, any item can be improved regardless of smith skill and perk. Just having said perk grants you higher improve possibility.

Incorrect. Having the perk lets you improve it to a better level without as high a Smithing level.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-05-17 17:45:26

Oh, well, I'll have another look.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-05-18 20:31:43

Well, it worked this time. gonna go and try to get the Volsung mask later to better go with my Daedric armor. I enchanted the boots and gauntlets with fortify carry weight. Volsung will match my set perfectly, as well as add to that carry weight fortification. Plus, I won't have to carry around my scaled helmet I found with the water breathing enchantment anymore, and I'll have a nice fortify barter bonus. And I'll finally have completed my whirlwind sprint.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-05-19 08:27:15

If anyone hasn't finished the main quest line yet, you probably shouldn't read this.

Anyway, I just beat Alduin. First attempt and I was surprised at how easy it was in comparison to the previous battles. I found the Dragon Priest guarding the portal and Tsun who was guarding the bridge to the Hall MUCH harder than Alduin. I think I beat Alduin in about 30 seconds and I'm only a level 26. I was loaded up on health potions and everything. Never used a single one.

Oh well, time to focus on some of the other quest lines that I've not beaten yet.

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature