00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ryzmik just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Guitarists

634,330 Views | 13,330 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Guitarists 2006-08-01 01:03:22

It is indeed an excellent tone :)

Response to Guitarists 2006-08-01 01:44:40

Note: Epiphone Specials, are not acctual Gibson Les Pauls, or SG's.

Response to Guitarists 2006-08-01 03:30:45

At 8/1/06 01:03 AM, CptnJarrrrrydn wrote: It is indeed an excellent tone :)

All the better to 'unleash the fucking fury!' :D.

Metal Hell ## Guitarists ## Stand Up Comedy

PSN: Look-a-Hill

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2006-08-01 08:31:21

At 7/31/06 10:55 PM, Metaljonus wrote: Check out my birthday present woo!!! When I get it I am putting a YJM in the neck pick up and probably a bill lawerence in the bridge.

http://cgi.ebay.com/..3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

TIS SWEET!!!!

Is that a real fender american stratocaster, if it is that a fucking good price, and an amazing guitar. If it's even just a janapaese or mexican that's still not bad at all.

At 7/31/06 10:33 PM, thatguynamedb0b0 wrote: Look for a bassist. When my band got a kid with no experience on bass, we regretted it. Of course we kicked him out, but look for a bassist.

How long would it take some one to get to a decent level at bass, like good enough to play in a band. Why don't more kids play bass I mean apart from the fact that no one cares and bass's in bands, because you could get in to good bands really easily, because of the lack of competition.

Response to Guitarists 2006-08-01 08:56:44

At 8/1/06 08:31 AM, Arcarsenal wrote: How long would it take some one to get to a decent level at bass, like good enough to play in a band.

Half an hour? Less.

Why don't more kids play bass I mean apart from the fact that no one cares and bass's in bands, because you could get in to good bands really easily, because of the lack of competition.

Thats what I did :P. Joined a band playing bass... although we've not practiced yet... but when we do I use my ace skills to take over the other guitarists :P.

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2006-08-01 09:40:33

well im in a band , and so is my younger brother * as you recall hes 12* our bands practice 3 times every week. when not at oour band practices we jam out together from like 7 till 11.

Response to Guitarists 2006-08-01 20:21:22

Wah, no one ever answers my posts in here D':

At 7/31/06 04:03 PM, NirvanaScorpion13 wrote: Guys, I got my Iceman!! Not the best i know but its pretty damn good.

Pics please :O
I'm saving to buy on of those. How much did it cost you?

Egotist, n. A person of low taste, more interested in himself than in me.

-Ambrose Bierce

"This sig, is fucking cool."

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2006-08-01 21:28:25

Hey fellas, just checking in... I've currently only got one guitar with a whole set of strings on it, so I'm putting off breaking another string till I can afford new sets for everything.

Welcome to all new members!

We've got a lot of guys in here that appreciate the accoustic stuff, and if you're one of them, you NEED to check out Keller Williams, he's frickin' amazing. He's the only guy I know that plays a ten string and sounds like a whole band. He does some looping stuff that's pretty spectacular too, a total joy to see live. Seek out his tracks Blazabego and Cadillac, and you will glad you did.

Response to Guitarists 2006-08-01 21:51:26

Quick question.

Neck Pick Up?
Bridge Pick Up?
Both?

Which do you play with?

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2006-08-01 22:54:38

At 8/1/06 09:51 PM, da_pope wrote: Neck Pick Up?
Bridge Pick Up?
Both?

Both, but not at the same time. I actually lower the volume on the Neck pickup sometimes and get a clean sound, and when I go into distortion, I flip on the other pickup.

I'm cheap like that

"I must look really green to you, pal"

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2006-08-01 23:59:55

At 8/1/06 09:51 PM, da_pope wrote: Quick question.

Neck Pick Up?
Bridge Pick Up?
Both?

Which do you play with?

Almost always neck.

Response to Guitarists 2006-08-02 01:55:47

Oh, to answer my own question.
I play neck. Always.

In other news:
Guys, I think I did it.
I'm writing "the song". This is the one. The one that will make an impact.... I'm serious. You might dismiss me now but I honestly think this will be a memorable song. It's a slow, catchy, heart string tugging ballad full of piano and epic guitar solo's.

Remember this post. Remember Patrick Miskowski.
Trust me, one day you'll be driving home from work and they'll say my name and play the song... You'll know right away. "This is what that fucker was talking about!"

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2006-08-02 01:57:53

Neck Pick Up?
Bridge Pick Up?
Both?

Which do you play with?

95% of the time, it's the Bridge pickup, but for a creamy lead tone, I'll switch to the neck picku-up...it also depends on the axe itself...I'm much more likely to use the neck pickup on my stratobastard than on my V.

Response to Guitarists 2006-08-02 02:00:26

Eh, sorry for the double post, but I forgot to point out that using the bridge pickup will bring out your harmonics a lot better than a neck pickup. And I dig harmonics.

Response to Guitarists 2006-08-02 02:07:57

At 8/2/06 01:55 AM, da_pope wrote: Remember this post. Remember Patrick Miskowski.
Trust me, one day you'll be driving home from work and they'll say my name and play the song... You'll know right away. "This is what that fucker was talking about!"

I'll listen out for it.

Now for something completely different.

Who is the most featured guitarist in your music collection?

In my case it has to be Mark Knopfler. I have every Dire Straits album, two solo works and a duet album he did with Chet Atkins.

Response to Guitarists 2006-08-02 02:14:25

At 8/2/06 02:07 AM, positively_negative wrote: Who is the most featured guitarist in your music collection?

Slash.

GN'R:
Appetite For Destruction, Lies, Live-Era, UYI 1&2 DVD's.

Slash's Snakepit:
It's 5 o'clock somewhere

Velvet Revolver:
Contraband

He also appears on these albums that I own:
Lenny Kravitz: Greatest Hits, Micheal Jackson: Dangerous, Alice Cooper: A Nice Nightmare

Which is alot because I don't own alot of CD's. I think he's not on like... maybe 5 Albums I own.

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2006-08-02 03:04:55

At 8/2/06 01:55 AM, da_pope wrote: Oh, to answer my own question.
I play neck. Always.

You should name this song " DEAD CORPSES SURROGATED BY NECROPHILIA"
or "SPEWING ASSHOLE FLESH"
That would be a major hit :)
But in reality, if you finish even a slight demo with most of the instruments (no vocals) you can already send it to me ;D

Response to Guitarists 2006-08-02 03:26:14

Bridge pickup always! As FB said, better squealies ;D. Plus it gives a crunchier tone and leads to palm mutes with more impact.

The only time I feel inclined to use my neck pickup is on the rare occasion I practice sweeping.

Response to Guitarists 2006-08-02 05:19:43

I use my bridge pickup pretty much all the time. It sounds better. Although I also do the whole Neck pickup low on volume for a clean sound. Or I turn the volume off completely and use the neck pickup as a killswitch.

And the most feature artist in much music collection - CD's I actually own - would be a tie between Jimmy Page and Daron Malakian.

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2006-08-02 05:37:58

Lol killswitch!

(Seek me) For comfort, (Call me) For solace
(I'll be waiting) For the end of my broken heart
(Seek me) Completion, (Call me) I'll be waiting
(I'll be waiting) For the end of my broken heart

Response to Guitarists 2006-08-02 05:45:47

You guys do know about powertab, right?

Response to Guitarists 2006-08-02 06:09:54

At 8/2/06 05:37 AM, CptnJarrrrrydn wrote: Lol killswitch!

Sshhh you.

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2006-08-02 06:36:57

At 8/2/06 06:09 AM, -Nev- wrote: Sshhh you.

Killswitch rule!

*goes back to observing mode*

JaY11's sigs > your sig.

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2006-08-02 08:04:11

At 8/1/06 08:56 AM, -Nev- wrote:
At 8/1/06 08:31 AM, Arcarsenal wrote: How long would it take some one to get to a decent level at bass, like good enough to play in a band.
Half an hour? Less.

That's good, I bet that's just simple crap bass but that's good enough. I mean that wouldn't be like Cliff Burton Bass or the guy who invented fretless bass but i can't remeber his name. Guitar is the real art though.

Thats what I did :P. Joined a band playing bass... although we've not practiced yet... but when we do I use my ace skills to take over the other guitarists :P.

That is a rather cunning idea.

Neck Pick Up?
Bridge Pick Up?
Both?

Which do you play with?

Which one is which, I mean like which one is the bass(rhythem) pick up and which is the treble pick up. I perfer using the bass pick up mainly and occasionally both, but i hate the sound of using just the treble pick up.

Response to Guitarists 2006-08-02 08:21:18

At 8/2/06 08:04 AM, Arcarsenal wrote: Which one is which...

Neck - Pickup closest to the neck.
Bridge - Pickup closest to the bridge.

Treble = Brigde.
Rhythm = Neck.

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2006-08-02 09:01:28

Just wondering...what is so good about Cliff Burton?

Response to Guitarists 2006-08-02 09:08:46

At 8/2/06 01:55 AM, da_pope wrote: Oh, to answer my own question.
I play neck. Always.

I think I messed them up (I always call them Rythm and Treble).

In other news:
Guys, I think I did it.
I'm writing "the song". This is the one. The one that will make an impact.... I'm serious. You might dismiss me now but I honestly think this will be a memorable song. It's a slow, catchy, heart string tugging ballad full of piano and epic guitar solo's.

I wrote a kind of song like that. By what you say and by my experience with it already, it'll probably be a kick-ass song.

......Patrick Miskowski is a weird name....

I only hope so.

At 8/2/06 09:01 AM, CptnJarrrrrydn wrote: Just wondering...what is so good about Cliff Burton?

Nothing. He's just a good bassist from Metallica who died.

"I must look really green to you, pal"

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2006-08-02 09:38:53

You think Patrick Miskowski is weird? My name is Siim Sinamäe, Lets see me trying to top the charts with my silly name? >((((

Response to Guitarists 2006-08-02 10:48:11

At 8/2/06 09:01 AM, CptnJarrrrrydn wrote: Just wondering...what is so good about Cliff Burton?

The sideburns... the tache... the denim.
Isn't it obvious.

And stop being a cynical bastard... you're getting like Duffy.

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2006-08-02 10:53:08

At 8/2/06 10:48 AM, -Nev- wrote:
And stop being a cynical bastard... you're getting like Duffy.

Oh god please don't say that ever :P

I'm not being cynical...I'm just wondering what all the hoo-ha is abou Cliff. In the most non-cuntingly way possible.