00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

N0vasu just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

2010 Fifa World Cup Thread

125,435 Views | 2,892 Replies

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-27 18:12:47

At 6/27/10 06:05 PM, Scarab wrote: But really, a joke involving Peter Reid getting naked? I'd rather have that 'Mick Jagger ain't getting no satisfaction' one my family were telling me about from the Germany game, courtesy of some commentator.

Someone said (don't know who, too lazy to check, sorry) a few pages back that Chiles seems to have lost it now the initial round of fairly dull games is over. His dry wit made sense at that stage. As was said, I agree, when the teams play well, he just loses his strength as a presenter. Then we just get another unrelated montage, with just some of his one-liners imposed on top.

Trust me to talk at too much of a length about the way the World Cup is presented, haha.

I'm glad I missed the commentary today though. I only got a taste in the highlight reel. I can sympathise Dingo.

Weird, I don't think even when MOTD2 was on i ever liked Chiles, just one of those presenters that rub you (or me in this case) the wrong way i guess

Different strokes for different folks !

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-27 19:24:34

At 6/27/10 06:07 PM, Gian wrote: Argentina will win this cup, you guys will remember me.

Pff, that's convenient...if they don't win, nobody will remember this post a few pages later, and if they do win (and they won't) you'll go "LOLOL I TOLD U"
Also, the Nobel Peace Prize?I sure hope they were being sarcastic..if he accepts and condones vuvuzelas as a part of Africa's heritage and that bullshit he should be locked up..

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-27 20:26:32

At 6/27/10 06:07 PM, Gian wrote: Argentina will win this cup, you guys will remember me.

Go back to crying about Italy losing please <3

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-27 20:36:57

I still dont understan why the teamgesit II isnt being used. That english goal would have count and it would have been a whole different game.
Same with video replays, but anyways...

Now I hope Messi can get into the club of the greatest players ever, he still cant score. I am mexican but can recognize that he is simply out of this world.
I'd even root for the argies if it wasn`t because of Maradona. Did you hear what he said in the press conference? fucking moron...

And if he really takes advice from Mourinho before every game, then he just has no merits to be there.

Argentina vs Germany. The best attack in at least a decade against a mean machine.
Nice game right there.

Gamertag: enquencle

Looking for people who plays Fifa 08 :(

BBS Signature

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-27 23:45:38

Japan did not advance into a quarterfinal battle. Bad news for me!

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-27 23:58:02

I'm not looking forward to the papers this morning.

Though to be honest the biggest upset for me was having that Frank Lampard goal denied. I don't care about the scoreline now, we were terrible but Frank derserved that goal!

Also I'm cheering on Germany anyway as my mum can win up to £800 if they win the tournament.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-28 01:47:01

At 6/27/10 08:36 PM, enquencle wrote: I still dont understan why the teamgesit II isnt being used. That english goal would have count and it would have been a whole different game.

The goal would have counted if they just used another ball? Wow...

At 6/27/10 11:58 PM, Gagsy wrote: Though to be honest the biggest upset for me was having that Frank Lampard goal denied. I don't care about the scoreline now, we were terrible but Frank derserved that goal!

Yeah, it was a really nice shot, Neuer didn't had any chance to get the ball.
But you know... after 44 years this disallowed goal makes up for that 3 english "goal" in the '66 finals. :P

So it's Argentina - Germany in the quarter finals again. Just like 2006 (funny, Argentina played against Mexico in the round of 16 in 2006 as well), should be interesting.

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-28 01:49:17

I remember before the World Cup started when I said that. Way to hop on the bandwagon.

But for tomorrow I'm think there will be two blowouts. I think The Netherlands is far too skilled for Slovakia to compete with and Chile is no match for the always good Brazilian side. Should still be interesting though. Maybe we'll see a Cinderella team appear here.

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-28 01:54:03

At 6/28/10 01:47 AM, Haggard wrote:
At 6/27/10 08:36 PM, enquencle wrote: I still dont understan why the teamgesit II isnt being used. That english goal would have count and it would have been a whole different game.

The teamgesit II, wich was posted by someone before, has a chip inside. This chip, when crosses the goal line (where a magnetic line is buried about 6 in the ground ), tells the referee if it corssed the goal line entirely, and marks the goal on his watch.

Gamertag: enquencle

Looking for people who plays Fifa 08 :(

BBS Signature

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-28 01:55:34

At 6/27/10 11:58 PM, Gagsy wrote: I'm not looking forward to the papers this morning.

Ugh, the puns over here were just fucking terrible even if the tone of the articles maintained respect for the team. "Going, going, Ghana" was probably the worst I saw. "Out of Africa" was actually a surprisingly acceptable headline from The Post, which is usually the worst.

Happy with what you have to be happy with

you have to be happy with what you have

to be happy with you have to be happy with what you have

BBS Signature

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-28 02:19:28

At 6/28/10 01:54 AM, enquencle wrote:
At 6/28/10 01:47 AM, Haggard wrote:
The teamgesit II, wich was posted by someone before, has a chip inside.

Oh, didn't know that. Sorry.

But it was an optical illusion anyway. Just have a look at this. XD

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-28 02:47:16

At 6/28/10 01:49 AM, Ship wrote:
I remember before the World Cup started when I said that. Way to hop on the bandwagon.

But for tomorrow I'm think there will be two blowouts. I think The Netherlands is far too skilled for Slovakia to compete with and Chile is no match for the always good Brazilian side. Should still be interesting though. Maybe we'll see a Cinderella team appear here.

That's probably what will happen, there's ALWAYS at least 2 suprises in the quarter-finals...I'm hoping for a Chile win hre and Netherlands passing easily. But maybe that's just me thinking in a selfish manner.

"Aww man I shot marvin in the face..."

Last.fm

BBS Signature

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-28 02:50:06

At 6/28/10 02:19 AM, Haggard wrote: But it was an optical illusion anyway. Just have a look at this. XD

Yeah right...

Ok so today is Holland's turn. The trainer of Slowaky (or however you spell that in English) expects much from the Orange Lions, since they 'always play in a surprising way'.
I hope Ber won't put Robben in immediatly, since he still has to make a start. And since Van der Vaart is injured, Bert should either put Affelai or Elia in his place.

[Hidden Audio Gems]

SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook

PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!

BBS Signature

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-28 06:24:12

Is Camaroon winning?

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-28 06:49:14

At 6/28/10 06:24 AM, Gobblemeister wrote: Is Camaroon winning?

In short, no.

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-28 07:15:38

I'm not so sure about Brazil winning from Chile. I guess they probably will in the end, but Chile seems like the country that has the biggest potential to pull off a surprise this tournament.

Holland - Slovakia should be an easy win for Holland, but it will probably not go that easily.

At 6/28/10 02:50 AM, LiquidOoze wrote: Ok so today is Holland's turn. The trainer of Slowaky (or however you spell that in English)

Slovakia ;)

I hope Ber won't put Robben in immediatly, since he still has to make a start. And since Van der Vaart is injured, Bert should either put Affelai or Elia in his place.

Elia would be my pick. Bring in Robben in the second half for Kuyt and I think we're gonna be fine.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-28 08:07:09

At 6/28/10 02:19 AM, Haggard wrote: But it was an optical illusion anyway. Just have a look at this. XD

Ah! It all makes sense now. :)

Let's see here:
Netherlands v. Slovakia: I'll go 2-1 Dutch.
Brazil v. Chile: I would think this would be a good game, but Chile is missing three players due to cards, so it might be lopsided. 3-0 Brazil

Rev 22:20 || Wi/Ht? # 46 || Why was my review deleted? || Without her, we are lifeless satellites drifting.

BBS Signature

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-28 09:12:14

At 6/27/10 11:58 PM, Gagsy wrote: Though to be honest the biggest upset for me was having that Frank Lampard goal denied. I don't care about the scoreline now, we were terrible but Frank derserved that goal!

Yeah, Frankie was pretty much the only good part of England yesterday. He, and in the other game, Mexico in general both deserved one more goal. But that's the nature of the beast. :c

Huge comforting hug and hums "Wavin' Flag" <3

Translator, time traveller, aerospace engineer, and voodoo priest extraordinaire.

BBS Signature

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-28 09:39:45

Holland - Slovakia is about to start :) I say we win with 3-1. Our secret weapon will finally play a whole match :3

My Deviantart | NG Art | Youtube Channel | Art Portfolio

Shameless self-promotion ftw!

BBS Signature

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-28 09:48:07

I cant wait for the next rounds, Slovakia better win against Netherlands.

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-28 09:50:21

At 6/28/10 09:39 AM, thies wrote: Holland - Slovakia is about to start :) I say we win with 3-1. Our secret weapon will finally play a whole match :3

I'm sure Bert will substitute him as soon as we have a comfortable lead. Otherwise I'm sure he'll substitute him somewhere in the second half. I can't imagine he's really gonna let him play for the full 90 minutes, unless it's a very thrilling game.

I say 2-0 by the way.

BBS Signature

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-28 09:59:01

At least nobody booed the national anthems this time.
I'm a sucker for underdogs, so it's not hard to figure out who i'm supporting for this one. Slovakia's first participation in a WC and they've made the knock-outs... I know the Orange isn't the first choice of adversary for -any- team, but... Here's hoping Slovakia carry on the momentum from killing Italy.

Translator, time traveller, aerospace engineer, and voodoo priest extraordinaire.

BBS Signature

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-28 10:01:22

I say 3 - 1. Slovakia (thx Auz) will score once, I think. The Dutch goals will be Robben, Kuyt an Elia, I think.

[Hidden Audio Gems]

SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook

PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!

BBS Signature

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-28 10:17:38

1-0 Holland!

Way to go Robben! Wonderful finish. Great pass by Sneijder too.

BBS Signature

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-28 10:38:47

Let's go the Netherlands :)

I bet they'll beat the ass of those slovakians.

Hi

BBS Signature

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-28 10:39:44

Nice shot by Robben (fairly deserved yellow card he just got, btw), Slovacchia goalie was absolute shit and let it slip by his fingers.

These are the guys that kicked my team out...ugh. Put 'em against a solid adversary, and this is what happens.

Pure awesomeness. You must read it.

(God-like signature by Zeppekk)

BBS Signature

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-28 10:45:21

come on Slovs!!

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-28 10:54:08

Half-time and BBC Sport are talking about... England.
Sorry, but the BBC is joining the already enormous list of news sources with questionable values. I just realized, maybe EuroSport is also covering these games, off to the living room to check.

BBS Signature

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-28 10:54:40

I apologize, bad angle. It looked like he was right on that same post and only had to shift his body to his left in order to block the shot...was a tougher lunge than that, apparently.

Pure awesomeness. You must read it.

(God-like signature by Zeppekk)

BBS Signature

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-28 11:14:33

Slovakia bettter win they need to put the netherlands in their place.